Start by marking “Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts” as Want to Read:
Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts

Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts

3.54  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The West just got a whole lot wilder.

A woman on a mission... Scientific achievement isn't enough for Violet Whitcomb. Life working alongside her renowned scientist father is filled with intellectual challenges, but what she truly craves is love and adventure. She’s resigned to a fate of academic pursuits…until a fateful trip across the American frontier changes everything.
Published February 4th 2013 by Lyrical Press (first published January 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts

Games of Command by Linnea SinclairCatori's Worlds by Murielle CyrThis Changes Everything by Sally EmberFinders Keepers by Linnea SinclairGabriel's Ghost by Linnea Sinclair
SFR/Sci-fi/Futuristic Romances that are NOT Erotica
83rd out of 339 books — 167 voters
Soulless by Gail CarrigerThe Iron Duke by Meljean BrookClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareChangeless by Gail CarrigerBlameless by Gail Carriger
Steampunk/Romance
156th out of 286 books — 828 voters

More lists with this book...

Carien
Feb 03, 2013 Carien rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
This is a very entertaining Western Steampunk romp.

Although there's a romance it doesn't take front seat. Instead this story is very action driven and it's cool action I can tell you. I loved the setting and the atmosphere of the story. It reminded me of the movie Wild Wild West in a good way.

Both Violet and Logan are fun characters and even though it's clear from the start that Logan isn't who Violet assumes he is I was rooting for them to succeed in their endeavors. I liked how Violet wasn't
Lara
Apr 03, 2015 Lara rated it really liked it
This was a light steampunk romance in the style of a 19th century penny dreadful. That makes the style a bit flighty for today's readers, but I thought the author did a good job with following a more modern sense of action and gender roles while maintaining the overly dramatic language and general over-the-top plot.

The heroine is a geek girl who has grown up helping her father with his inventions and has no social life. She is overly romantic and loves penny dreadful serials. When she meets a m
Miki
May 02, 2013 Miki rated it it was amazing
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure

I can’t imagine than one year ago i was afraid, hesitant to read steampunk….it’s an intricate genre yes but until now i ‘ve only had good surprises and I’m really glad i came to try it become i love it more after each book.

This one is a western steampunk romance and Heather Massey took me in a wonderful ride. Once started i couldn’t stop, i had to know if i was right . Violet is a lovely heroine … she spent the majority of her
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 2.5 stars: Finished it - take it or leave it(C)
Originally posted: http://www.twimom227.com/2013/02/revi...

Violet Whitcomb has lived a fairly isolated life as the only child of famous inventor Joseph Whitcomb. After her mother died, Violet spent most of her childhood helping her father with his top-secret creations, the biggest and best of which is about to be revealed.

Traveling through the Wyoming Territory aboard a luxury steam engine, Violet lives vicariously through her weekly rea
Marlene
Feb 17, 2013 Marlene rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Something about Heather Massey's Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts evoked some very fond memories of Saturday mornings watching Dudley Do-Right cartoons. In a good way.

Partly it was the serial melodrama. Violet Whitcomb yearns for adventure, so she reads about it in weekly magazines that provide it for her, one chapter at a time--always ending with the heroine in yet another dreadful scrape, seemingly doomed. (Did you ever wonder where the term "cliffhanger ending"
Linniegayl
May 04, 2013 Linniegayl rated it liked it
I am read this for review at All About Romance and gave it a C+. My review is here:

Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Arshad Khan
Arshad Khan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
J-ellist
J-ellist marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Bernie McBear
Bernie McBear rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Melissa J. Katano
Melissa J. Katano marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
S.E. Gilchrist
S.E. Gilchrist marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Mickey
Mickey marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Bookie
Bookie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Engracia Bohol-alvarez
Engracia Bohol-alvarez marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Lyrical Press Books: Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts by Heather Massey 1 3 Feb 04, 2013 04:00AM
Heather Massey is a lifelong fan of science fiction romance. She searches for science fiction romance adventures aboard her blog, The Galaxy Express.

She also blogs about steampunk romance in her monthly column "Heather Massey's Steampunk Romance Cafe" at the Coffee Time Romance steampunk page.

When she’s not reading, she’s watching cult films and enjoying time with her husband and daughter.

(source:
More about Heather Massey...