Start by marking “Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts” as Want to Read:
Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts

Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The West just got a whole lot wilder.

A woman on a mission... Scientific achievement isn't enough for Violet Whitcomb. Life working alongside her renowned scientist father is filled with intellectual challenges, but what she truly craves is love and adventure. She’s resigned to a fate of academic pursuits…until a fateful trip across the American frontier changes everything.
Published February 4th 2013 by Lyrical Press (first published January 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts

Catori's Worlds by Murielle CyrThis Changes Everything by Sally EmberThe Huntress by Michelle O'LearyGames of Command by Linnea SinclairFinders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
SFR/Sci-fi/Futuristic Romances that are NOT Erotica
30th out of 281 books — 110 voters
Soulless by Gail CarrigerThe Iron Duke by Meljean BrookClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareChangeless by Gail CarrigerBlameless by Gail Carriger
Steampunk/Romance
134th out of 235 books — 710 voters

More lists with this book...

Carien
This is a very entertaining Western Steampunk romp.

Although there's a romance it doesn't take front seat. Instead this story is very action driven and it's cool action I can tell you. I loved the setting and the atmosphere of the story. It reminded me of the movie Wild Wild West in a good way.

Both Violet and Logan are fun characters and even though it's clear from the start that Logan isn't who Violet assumes he is I was rooting for them to succeed in their endeavors. I liked how Violet wasn't
Miki
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure

I can’t imagine than one year ago i was afraid, hesitant to read steampunk….it’s an intricate genre yes but until now i ‘ve only had good surprises and I’m really glad i came to try it become i love it more after each book.

This one is a western steampunk romance and Heather Massey took me in a wonderful ride. Once started i couldn’t stop, i had to know if i was right . Violet is a lovely heroine … she spent the majority of her
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
My Rating: 2.5 stars: Finished it - take it or leave it(C)
Originally posted: http://www.twimom227.com/2013/02/revi...

Violet Whitcomb has lived a fairly isolated life as the only child of famous inventor Joseph Whitcomb. After her mother died, Violet spent most of her childhood helping her father with his top-secret creations, the biggest and best of which is about to be revealed.

Traveling through the Wyoming Territory aboard a luxury steam engine, Violet lives vicariously through her weekly rea
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

Something about Heather Massey's Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts evoked some very fond memories of Saturday mornings watching Dudley Do-Right cartoons. In a good way.

Partly it was the serial melodrama. Violet Whitcomb yearns for adventure, so she reads about it in weekly magazines that provide it for her, one chapter at a time--always ending with the heroine in yet another dreadful scrape, seemingly doomed. (Did you ever wonder where the term "cliffhanger ending"
Linniegayl
I am read this for review at All About Romance and gave it a C+. My review is here:

Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
S.E. Gilchrist
S.E. Gilchrist marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Mickey
Mickey marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Bookie
Bookie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Engracia Bohol-alvarez
Engracia Bohol-alvarez marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Misty Rios
Misty Rios marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Verin
Verin marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Pointsandwheels
Pointsandwheels marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Serenity
Serenity marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2013
AnnaM
AnnaM marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Lyrical Press Books: Iron Guns, Blazing Hearts by Heather Massey 1 3 Feb 04, 2013 04:00AM
Heather Massey is a lifelong fan of science fiction romance. She searches for science fiction romance adventures aboard her blog, The Galaxy Express.

She also blogs about steampunk romance in her monthly column "Heather Massey's Steampunk Romance Cafe" at the Coffee Time Romance steampunk page.

When she’s not reading, she’s watching cult films and enjoying time with her husband and daughter.

(source:
More about Heather Massey...
The Blacksmith's Lover Once Upon A Time In Space The Watchmaker's Lady Queenie's Brigade Lord of Snow and Ice