Start by marking “Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1)

Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  3,868 ratings  ·  555 reviews
Once Upon a Prince, the first novel in the Royal Wedding series by bestselling author Rachel Hauck, treats you to a modern-day fairy tale.

Susanna Truitt never dreamed of a great romance or being treated like a princess---just to marry the man she has loved for twelve years. But life isn't going according to plan. When her high-school-sweetheart-turned-Marine-officer breaks
Published May 7th 2013 by Zondervan

Ashley
May 25, 2013 Ashley rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
J. Lynne
Age Appropriate For: 13 and up (thematic material, romance)

Best for Ages: 15 and up

I am going to start this review with the one thing I didn’t like about this book: the cover. For me, the cover gave me pause. It made it look like the book would have content that might not be appropriate It isn’t so much what is shown as what is implied. Thankfully, the cover had nothing to do with the story. I hope this type of cover doesn’t become a trend for Zondervan books.

April
If I had known it was a Christian romance I would have not bought the book. It was a too preachy.
Rissi
Heavens! Where to start bringing thoughts to order on the first novel of Rachel’s all-new series, ‘Once Upon a Prince.’ I’d set myself up for a deliciously entertaining read which oftentimes can be a detriment but there were no signs of anything “bad” coming up in the book about halfway through and already I’d given this one a 5-star rating. Turns out, that was warranted. Anyone who knows me knows I am the girl who craves the happily-ever-after and despises the story-teller who breaks my heart; ...more
Kristen
4.5

Ok, I pretty much loved all of this book. It did get a tad too preachy in some spots, hence the .5 star taken away, but overall it was a great book. Fun, clean, girl falls in love with an honest to goodness prince. What's not to like!

Moral Note: Can't think of anything bad in it.
Maureen Timerman
A really sweet read to get lost in. Once the cover is open the words fly off the page, and make it hard to put it down.
When the book opens Susanna Truitt's boyfriend for the past twelve years, tells her that he has found the right ring, and the right girl, but it is not her.
Susanna should have been devastated, but she knew it was the right thing. He had become comfortable, like an old shoe. We spend time with her as she struggles with Garden Design business. She is good at what she does, and h
Alexandra Florence
I did not know that this was a Christian novel, if I had known then I would have not started reading it. I found the Christianity in the novel to be tolerable, however there were many more elements that prohibited my enjoyment of the book.

I found many problems with this book, due to the characters, narrative and storyline. This book held the promise of an enjoyable read, yet sadly it did not deliver.

From the beginning of the book I encountered issues that ruined the novel for me. The book opens
Kathy
I’ve wanted to read this one for a while now. I thought the cover was cute and the premise sounded fun. The book starts with our heroine Susanna getting dumped by her longtime boyfriend, who has fallen in love with another woman. Their relationship was weird as well as their breakup. Hardly any emotion.

The historical elements were boring and repetitive. And how did Susanna know so much about his country’s history? The whole story felt repetitive after awhile I lost interest.

I didn’t believe in
Kelli
When I first picked this up I thought this was a total copy of the Prince + me movie. So I was skeptical. However, The storyline does suck you in. I love the setting of a island off the coast in the south. It's cute. And the writing flows really well. Its a fun book to just read at the beach or on vacation. It's a bit more preachy in some areas than I would like. Some of the things that happen are to sugary sweet but for a light read, it's pretty good.
Virginia
This was actually pretty good!
Sue (YAHollywood)
This is my first Rachel Hauck book and I can assure you this won’t be the last. Once Upon a Prince follows the story of Susanna Truitt, the ordinary girl and Nathaniel,the royal prince.
Hauck simply throws you into the beautiful and grand life of Susanna & Nathaniel. I loved every bit about Once Upon a Prince. The story unfolds in such a compelling manner. It’s so sweet, it will make you cry a handful of times. The characters are all vivid and realistic. I couldn’t help but root for them.
A tr
writer...
Once Upon a Prince
Author Rachel Hauck
Publisher Zondervan release May 7.13

I really was attracted to this book's published storyline and a totally fun cover. Unfortunately, it was more charade than fairy tale.

As much as I expect to like the leading lady of a story, I never came to any liking for Susanna. Unrealistic, lacking any depth of character or development, unbelievably immature for her stated age of 29; I couldn't imagine a 29 year old business woman acting, believing and speaking as she w
Michelle
There were a few things I enjoyed about this story, but much of the plot seemed to drone on and on about a kingdom that is fictitious and not very exciting. For me, it felt like a different author wrote this book than the author who wrote other stories I've really enjoyed. The cover is beautiful, but it gives the reader an impression that isn't what the story is actually about. I don't want to post a spoiler, so I'll be vague, but it did create some disappointment in me as a reader. I hate to ev ...more
Cathy Daniel
I could not put this book down! I smiled a goofy smile through the entire 2nd half of the book. Absolutely perfect! It isn't easy doing an adult fairy tale but Rachel Hauck did a perfect job on this one. It never bordered into ridiculous. What an amazing book!!
Rachelle Rea
Modern-day fairy tale but with plenty of bumps along the way so as to make it entirely believable! This was my first Rachel Hauck book and I'm looking forward to reading the rest in the series!
Sheri Salatin
Review posted on May 6 at http://www.sherisalatin.com

I have some mixed feeling about this book. First, I loved it because what girl doesn’t secretly wish to capture a prince’s heart and be whisked away to live happily ever after in a kingdom far, far away? I loved it because of the fairy tale quality to it.

I didn’t like it because it was a bit too far-fetched for me. No, there weren’t any fairy godmothers or dwarfs. I guess it could be my heart crying out, “No, not fair, it would never happen to
Debbie
"Once Upon a Prince" is a Christian romance novel. It reminded me of the movie "The Prince & Me" in some ways. Susanna is a successful career woman whose plans for her future (family and career) have gone up in smoke. She meets a prince. Nathaniel's father is dying, but Nate doesn't want to be king because of the pressure and the restrictions on his life. His island nation is similar to Britain.

Since it's a "modern prince" novel, I realized that some parts would likely stretch my suspension
Bluerose's  Heart
If you've been around me in the blogosphere at all, then it's probably no surprise that I couldn't stay away from a book with that cover! It has to be one of the most gorgeous, fairy tale-ish covers I've ever seen! I think I would have had to keep it on my shelf, even if it ended up being horrible. Thankfully, that wasn't the case with Once Upon a Prince! The story is just as lovely as it's cover!

I've really been craving a great "princess" story lately! I've been thinking about re-reading The Pr
Loraine
This book is a perfect “Beach Book” for an entertaining and romantic read. I only wish I had been at the beach when I read it! Rachel Hauck has taken an old theme and given it a lot of twists to make it an enjoyable modern fairy tale. It is a fun clean romance that I would be happy to share with my teenage daughter.
Unlike the subservient fairy tale Cinderella, Susanna is a strong female lead who would make today’s young girls proud with her “Girl Power”. Ironically her main character flaw involv
Rosie
A refreshing, delightful, read from Miss Hauck!

Ever since my lovely blogging friends began posting their reviews, I grew more and more eager to dive into the pages of Once Upon a Prince. Let me tell you, when I finally did I couldn't put it down. This novel went beyond all my expectations. She even surprised me at the end! Anyone who can accomplish that needs to pat themselves on the back.

Susanna is a planner. She feels safe knowing how her life is going to turn out. Until her world flips upside
Casey
Every little girl dreams of that perfect fairy tale. As little girls become bigg(er) girls we tend to get a *little* bit more realism, but never truly lose that dream of someday falling in love and riding off into the sunset. “Once Upon a Prince” has taken every little girl’s dream and given us a soul mate in Susanna.

Good thing to love about Susanna: she has a good head on her shoulders. If it were me and I were in love with a prince (literally a PRINCE charming. ;-), I think my hopeless romant
Jess
It isn't very often that I come across a book and get completely sucked into with the first few pages. Not only did it draw me in but I felt every emotion that was portrayed in each page. That takes skill.

This story was about 29 year old Suzanna who waited 12 years for her high school sweetheart, soldier to propose to her. Instead, he dumps her with a heartbreaking line and everything else you never want to hear when getting dumped. With her life turning to shambles and turns to God and surrend
Faye
A delightful read that made me smile from ear to ear!

Susanna has waited 12 years to marry her high school sweetheart, but when he tells her that he's found someone new, Susanna find her perfectly planned life falling down around her. But might a handsome prince be able to save her? Literally?!

A fun read, right out of a fairy tale or a movie. I loved the playful banter between the characters, and how Nate had a strong sense of duty and a strong faith. And Susanna's family was tons of fun, even
Melissa Tagg
I love authors whose books you can pick up knowing you're going to love. I love it even more when said author takes your already high expectations and goes soooo far beyond meeting them...which is exactly how I felt reading Once Upon a Prince. You can read a synopsis of the story elsewhere, so let me just say Rachel Hauck's signature storytelling depth is in fine form here...believable characters, wonderfully paced plot. But even more than that, this story felt...magical. I can't wait for the ne ...more
Melissa
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! It was such a fun read with wonderful characters and a great plot. I highly recommend this book. It was an instant favorite.
Cindy
Apr 21, 2013 Cindy marked it as to-read
Yay!!! I so love these kinds of stories. Once Upon A Time and Happily Ever After, does it get any better than that:D
Hannah
This book is so close to being a five star that I may come back later and upgrade it. I started in on the first few chapters and was pretty sure it wasn't going to be my thing...and then suddenly I got hooked. I couldn't put it down! I read until 1am to finish it! It's a love story with two strong Christians for main characters, something very delightful.
I loved it so well that I trotted out today and bought a copy of "Princess Ever After", the next book, which happily was half off at Barnes an
Clever Girl
I love a good fairy tale, this one comes complete with a Prince Charming, a not quite Cinderella, a good bit of scheming, balls, a coronation, and a happily ever after.

I adored Prince Nathaniel. He's such a good guy, honest, devoted, kind, generous. I felt for the weight on his shoulders. He has been thrust into a position he's not ready for, he's responsible for a country - for two countries, and he's fallen for a girl he can't have because his own happiness has to come last.

Susanna is a strong
Emilie Hendryx
There is something about a fairy tale that captures a deep part of my heart. The notion of leading a kingdom, royalty, and elegant balls all resonate with my imagination and leave me daydreaming in a world where nobility is a reality and true love is always found.

Rachel Hauck's Once Upon A Prince, the first book in her Royal Wedding Series, meets all the qualifications (and more) for an honest-to-goodness, real-life fairy tale.

I found Susanna and Prince Nathaniel to be genuine, honest characters
  • Barefoot Summer (Chapel Spring #1)
  • Undeniably Yours (Porter Family #1)
  • A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides, #2)
  • Stealing the Preacher (Archer Brothers, #2)
  • Made to Last (Where Love Begins, #1)
  • Catch a Falling Star
  • On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale, #2)
  • A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3)
  • A January Bride (A Year of Weddings, #2)
  • Grave Consequences (Grand Tour, #2)
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Christiansen Family, #1)
  • When Love Calls (The Gregory Sisters, #1)
  • A Talent for Trouble (Ladies of Distinction, #3)
  • Tempest in the White City (It Happened at the Fair, #0.5)
RITA finalist and award winning author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

With strong southern stories, she infuses faith and real life into the lives of her fictional characters.

Rachel loves to encourage new writers and is the book therapist for My Book Therapy and writing community founded by
Susan May Warren.

Rachel graduated from Ohio State University with a BA in Journalism. She'
More about Rachel Hauck...
The Wedding Dress Love Starts with Elle Sweet Caroline Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding, #2) Dining with Joy (Beaufort, #3)

“We make our plans, but God directs our steps.” 19 likes