Start by marking “Gracism: The Art of Inclusion” as Want to Read:
Gracism: The Art of Inclusion

Gracism: The Art of Inclusion

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Pastor David Anderson responds to prejudice and injustice with the principle of gracism: radical inclusion for the marginalized and excluded. He offers seven sayings of the gracist with practical examples for building bridges and including others. Gracism is an opportunity to extend God's grace to all peoples, no matter what their color, class or culture.
Hardcover
Published June 1st 2007 by IVP Books (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Gracism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gracism

Shirley Freeman
I liked this and think it would be a good book for a church small group discussion. The writing style is easy, very practical and of a more evangelical nature than I'm usually comfortable with. But there is a lot to think about. He defines Gracism as the positive extension of favor on other humans based on color, class or culture. It's not enough to treat people 'equally' - he believes we are called to treat people who are oppressed with special favor. I like the African proverb he relates at th ...more
Brett
One day read--maybe two. I completely agree with the premise. Not a big fan of the writing. That aside, the concept, I believe is completely biblical; that is, in the church those in the majority out to be looking to bestow special favor on those in the minority. Minority is defined as anybody in the margins (so it could just be the new guy). Distinguishes between favoritism, which is special priority to those in power, and favor, which is special blessing we give to those in need.
James
I thought that this book had some interesting and helpful insights into the race issue. For some reason, though, I had a hard time getting into the way it was presented. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to read more about race relations and the topic of inclusion in general, but without high expectations.

jana Blazek
While there is nothing essentially flawed about this book's theology, hardly any of it is new information. The author appears to be self-promoting, consistently using himself and his church as the ideal example of Biblical principles.
Billcooley
An un-inspired book filled with simplistic slogans and blind faith that everything in the Bible is ground truth. This book adds little to a real issue and is not worth reading... I'm sorry I spent the time to finish it!
Leslie
Terrible. The writing was fifth grade level and the ideas were the same. Don't judge this book by its cover which is actually very cool. Wish I hadn't spent money or time on this.
Chuck Kinsey
Very easy read. simple and valid point: christians are called to extend extra grace to those who are most vulnerable.
I didn't finish this one. It seemed like common sense to me. Be kind and show grace to those who need it most.
Donna
I love this book! I love attending church and hearing Pastor Anderson as well.
Maureen
quick read.
Emily Gullett
Emily Gullett marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Catherine McClain
Catherine McClain marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Ryan Atwood
Ryan Atwood marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
McKenna
McKenna is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2014
Stephanie Toppi
Stephanie Toppi is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Shannon O'reilly
Shannon O'reilly marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dr. David Anderson, founder and President of the BridgeLeader Network (BLN), is one of the world’s leading authorities on building bridges across the deep divides of race, faith, culture and wealth. His work has brought hope and healing to communities, families and people in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
More about David A. Anderson...
Letters Across the Divide: Two Friends Explore Racism, Friendship, and Faith Multicultural Ministry: Finding Your Church's Unique Rhythm Multicultural Ministry Handbook: Connecting Creatively to a Diverse World I Forgrace You: Doing Good to Those Who Have Hurt You