Baby, It's Cold Outside

Baby, It's Cold Outside

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Four novellas from four of the biggest names in romantic fiction!

Kate Hardy's 'TIS THE SEASON TO KISS SANTA

With the help of a sprig of mistletoe and some snow angels, a recently single pastry chef teaches a highly successful and sexy Scrooge the true meaning of the holidays on a snowy Christmas Eve that quickly heats up.

Heidi Rice's 'TIS THE SEASON TO GO SHOPPING

When a Chr...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition
Published November 19th 2012 by Entangled (first published November 7th 2012)

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasBy Proxy by Katy RegneryA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrThe Christmas Wish by Katy Regnery
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
8th out of 483 books — 609 voters
The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstHoliday Affair by Annie SeatonItalian Affair by Annie SeatonThe Reluctant Wife by Bronwen EvansBlackmailed by the Italian Billionaire by Nina Croft
Indulgence Collection
24th out of 68 books — 177 voters

More lists with this book...

Fiona Marsden
Don't you just love a Christmas story? You get Santa, Three wise men, a protective male, a virgin, a baby, good will to all men. Sorry to get your hopes up but this is not that book. You do get Santa, but he's not your every day jolly old fellow. Actually skip Santa. Really it's just about the suit. And the Chief Elf. Two Chief Elfs? A lap dancing Elf? Actually just the outfit. This is really not fitting, just like the Elf costume which was way too small. There is a cute kid. Lost yet?

I was. Los...more
Tracey
Made me smile. Made me laugh. Made me wish I was snuggled up in a department store bed whilst playing scrabble, dressed as an elf who wears Hello Kitty undies. Trust me it's in all four stories!
Despite the title there's nothing cold about this read. Four great authors have worked their usual magic in this sizzling, laugh-out-loud winter warmer.
Who knew kitchen utensils could be sexy?
Loved it!
Jennifer Probst
Gobble up this holiday treat! LOVE the stories told by these talented authors taking place over the holiday season - a must buy this season.
mer
'Tis The Season To Kiss Santa by Kate Hardy - 5 stars - Ooooh what a great thing to have found a love on Christmas! Ellie and Mitch were strangers who worked as stand-ins at hospice and rough weather made them stuck to each other. With chemistry and passion swirled between them, love blossomed less than 24 hours! Even if there is no promises made, I liked how the two of them will try to work out what the new relationship they had together. Loved them. Even if this is fictional but they're real f...more
Yazmin
Baby it’s cold outside is a fun, sexy and steamy anthology by four great authors. All four stories are great and have a concurring theme. A one-night stand that just might become more, if they are willing to fight for it and believe in it. I won’t give too much away so here is my brief preview for you on these stories:

Kate Hardy's 'TIS THE SEASON TO KISS SANTA:

Mitch has been looking forward to taking over after his boss retires at the Holford PR. But he is now being asked by his boss to play San...more
Last year I ended up getting a bit addicted to Christmas anthologies, not only are they a great way to discover new (to me) authors but they are also perfect for getting little bite sized pieces of Christmas spirit. You know going in that the stories are going to be fun to read and leave you with a smile on your face and that is exactly what I got with each of the four stories in the Baby, It's Cold Outside anthology. I hadn't read books by any of these four authors before but I'm definitely goi...more
Lynne Marshall
If you enjoyed the movie LOVE ACTUALLY you'll love this book. Four heartwarming, sexy and playful stories by four wonderful romance authors that leave you with the promise that great things are to come for each couple. The novellas are wrapped in a lovely package and tied with a beautiful bow just for the reading. Each story had a unique voice and something special about the characters that drew me in. It takes special authors to convince this reader that meeting, liking, and getting involved wi...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

When this request came across my inbox, I was interested as it was the Christmas season and I was looking for a good holiday anthology. And this book delivered with 4 interesting and different stories revolving around Christmas and New Years.

The first story is ‘Tis the Season to Kiss Santa. This tale follows Ellie and Mitch. Both have been asked to fill in at a Christmas party playing Santa and...more
Crystal
If you want a book to put you in the mood, I mean holiday spirit, then this is just the anthology for you (wink, wink).

Baby It's Cold Outside is made up of four stories by four authors that center around a freak storm that sets in on the East Coast from Christmas to New Year's. That's the connecting factor and the snowed in theme makes things very interesting for these four couples and sets the stage well to make these stories work in a short amount of time. I not only loved the snowed in theme,...more
Desere
Reviewed by Desere

It what is surely the anthology of the year I was swept away to two delicious Christmas nights and two very sinful New Year's night.

The book contains four short stories by Kate Hardy,Heidi Rice,Amy Andrews and Aimee Carson. It took me through the journey of self discovery,new found love,a little holiday pick me up and unexpected locations.

In the first story 'Tis the Season to Kiss Santa by Kate Hardy we meet two very different people,one who loves Christmas and one who never c...more
Roanne
I can't fully write a review as I've only read one story from the book and that story was written by Heidi Rice. I am a big fan of hers and as soon as I read on Twitter that she had new material out, I downloaded it on the Kindle-

I was not disappointed!!! It's almost as if Heidi has the power to mind read me sometimes because I love the idea of being trapped in a department store (preferably Selfridges or John Lewis) with a hunky guy like Ryder - and wow, what a name for a guy!

Ryder is like th...more
Melissa Maxwell
I feel like this book to forever to read because I read the first two stories than read a different book and than came back and read the last two. I will review them in order.
Kate Hardy's 'Tis The Season To Kiss Santa
I just loved this story and would give it a 4.5 star. Mitch and Ellie were very like able characters that you got to see the beginning of their love affair. I just wist there was an epilogue or that the author would write more on them or include them in other stories.
Heidi Rice's 'T...more
Andrea
Kate Hardy's 'TIS THE SEASON TO KISS SANTA

This was a sweet story of two lonely people who find themselves together, snowed in, on Christmas Eve. Ellie and Mitch meet while volunteering at a hospital, giving the siblings of terminal patients gifts and moments to forget what their families are going through. Both are basically alone in the world, planning to spend the holidays alone. Though the initially do not like one another, close quarters force Ellie and Mitch to take a closer look and they...more
Amanda Sheila
LOVE IT!

I can't review these stories one by one! Mostly because I can't remember the authors and their titles. :)))

But each and every one of 'em has their own speciality and cuteness. But my favorite is the third one. You know, the army and a girl? Yesss, that one! Loved it!

Each one is very short and lack of angst. Understandable, especially this book's christmas romance and short novellas. But again, very refreshing and put a smile on my face. Adorable!

Recommended for you who seek light and...more
Dalia
4 sweet heartwarming novellas taking place in New York during the holidays season. 4 lovely couples finding their HEA during the festives. I particularly love Heidi Rice' s novella. Another proof why she is one of my favorite authors ( 5 stars). Amy Andrews and Aimee Carson' novellas are hot & funny (4 stars ).
Marran
Very sweet novellas..I would have liked them to be a bit longer because I wanted a bit more closure and hea...an epilogue would have done the trick to...but sweet and loving and sometimes a bit sizzling novellas...pretty good read if you want a holiday spirit..
Jemi Fraser
This is a great anthology! I've definitely found new authors to enjoy! Fun and steamy stories :)
Josephine
this was great!!!!!! 4 great holiday reads...
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
'Tis The Season to Kiss Santa by Kate Hardy
This is a cute story about a real life Ebenezer Scrooge who's dislike of Christmas changes when he volunteers as Santa at a children's hospital. Mitch and Ellie find comfort in each other while waiting out a snow storm. She's thousands of miles away from home, spending Christmas alone. And Mitch, after reassessing his view of Christmas, family and life, decides that Christmas may not be so bad after all.

An enjoyable novella. Things heat up and progress...more
Barbara
Some of my favorite authors. I enjoyed it but the premise - coupled with the short length hampered them from doing more. Still a fun read though!
Noelle Clark
Noelle Clark marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 08, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Gloria Hogg
Gloria Hogg marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting To Win, #1-3)
  • The Billionaire's Christmas Baby
  • A Vengeful Affair
  • Three River Ranch (Three River Ranch, #1)
  • Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1)
  • The Guy Most Likely To...: Underneath It All\Can't Get You Out of My Head\A Moment Like This
  • Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)
  • The Spanish Billionaire's Hired Bride
  • Always a Bridesmaid
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Tempting Acquisitions  (Boardrooms & Billionaires, #1)
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby
  • The Boss and Her Billionaire
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Desire by Design
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
Amy Andrews is a multi-published, award- winning author of 30+ romance novels across both traditional and digital platforms. She writes for Harlequin Mills and Boon, Entangled, Harper Collins Australia and Momentum Publishing. She's sold in excess of a million books worldwide and has been translated into over a dozen languages. In her spare time she is a PICU nurse and mother of two teenagers. She...more
More about Amy Andrews...
Girl Least Likely to Marry (The Wedding Season, #2) Taming the Tycoon Driving Her Crazy Holding Out For A Hero 'Tis the Season to be Kissed