Start by marking “Scarlet (Crónicas lunares, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scarlet (Crónicas lunares, #2)

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  80,082 ratings  ·  9,669 reviews
Érase una vez... una chica llamada Scarlet. Debía encontrar a su abuela desaparecida y decidió tomar el camino más rápido..., que también era el más peligroso. Sin embargo, cuando se encontró con Wolf descubrió que los lobos no son como los de los cuentos. ¿O sí?

Hace dos semanas la abuela de Scarlet desapareció sin dejar rastro. Ella sospecha que la han secuestrado, así qu
Published March 22nd 2013 by Montena (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Scarlet, please sign up.

Jennifer Maloney Hmm.. well unlike these other folks, I loved Cinder but couldn't stand Scarlet. To me, Scarlet felt very slow and plodding and I just couldn't get…moreHmm.. well unlike these other folks, I loved Cinder but couldn't stand Scarlet. To me, Scarlet felt very slow and plodding and I just couldn't get into it.

I say try it and see if you like it. It's different enough from the first book that if you didn't like the first one very well, you may just love this one.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
katie Totally it is awsome

Jenn
description

I don't even know what to do with myself right now. This review probably won't make sense, and I'm probably leaving a shit ton out, but here goes.

I was lucky to score an advanced copy of Scarlet from Marissa Meyer while at Comic Con.

Totally me.

I was in the middle of another book which I quickly finished in order to start this. So, Cinder left us with our heroine basically on the run after finding out that she was Princess Selene. Scarlet opens by introducing us to the new character in this univ
Steph Sinclair

I have to give it to Ms. Meyer for one again combining your favorite fairy tales with sic-fi/fantasy. Seriously, well done! The Lunar Chronicles is quickly becoming one of my new favorite series and for good reason. It has kick-ass protagonists like Cinder and now Scarlet. When we first met Cinder in book one, she was shy and timid, eventually coming into her own strength. And when I heard that we would be introduced to a new main character, I was a little nervous. I was worried that I'd end up
Joie
It’s no secret that Scarlet has been one of my most anticipated reads of 2013. I bought this book the week it came out but forced myself to wait because I didn't want to plow through and then face the agonizing one-year wait before the next one.

Ye-ah, that self-imposed wait did not last very long.

And now that I’ve finished Scarlet, you have NO idea how hard it is to write a coherent review when all I want to do is flail my arms and fangirl about the book. Because it. Was. SO GOOD.

In this retelli
Lisa
I really didn't want to write this review because I hate being an outlier, especially when I'm being Debbie Downer. I fully expected to love this one. After all, I gave Cinder four stars and by all accounts Scarlet is even better. Perhaps I was expecting too much, but I also have to chalk some of the discrepancy to a change in taste. The things that irritated me about Scarlet were issues I noted with Cinder, only they were more problematic for me this time around.

The first sign that Scarlet and
Sarah Maas
Even better than CINDER! I could NOT put it down yesterday. And when I was forced to put it down (yes, FORCED), I could NOT stop thinking about it. It was absolutely amazing. Beautiful and heartbreaking and action-packed and just...wow. Can't wait for the next book!!!
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
She did not know the wolf was a wicked sort of animal, and she was not afraid of him.

• Little • Red • Riding • Hood •

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the gr
Giselle
*Spoiler free for the series!*

Not everyone can pull off retellings, or even stories inspired by classic fairy tales. They more often than not have a certain missing element that stops them for shining. Rarely do they stand out among the masses like Cinder does. Marissa Meyer is one of those authors who can take an overly used concept and turn it into something completely unique, while leaving in the charm and delight of our beloved classic. Cinderella meets Red Riding Hood in this second install
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

The first time I read Scarlet, I nearly lost my mind.

Cinder had been one of my favorite reads from the previous year, and I had waited the entire twelve months for the next installment to come out. When it showed up at my house (after being pre-ordered for months), I probably hugged it tightly to my chest and SQUEE-d. Then (after petting the lovely cover) I ran to my comfy chair, settled in, and began to read.

And the perspective I was reading. Was. Not. Cinder’s.

If I wa
Hayden Casey
2013.

Kat (Lost in Neverland)
This book will feature Cinder and Little Red Riding Hood and will take place in France.

Holy....cheese.

UPDATE: COVER REVEAL!!

description

So much nicer than Cinder!

After Finishing

As the second book in the Lunar Chronicles, this one follows Cinder after her arrest and escape from prison with the help of a hormonal 'Captain' named Carswell Thorne.
The story also follows Scarlet Benoit, a farm girl living in a small town in France. Scarlet's grandmother has been missing for over two weeks and she's desperate
Emily Anne
Oh, why on Earth (and Luna) do I have to wait so long for the next book? Cress, the third book, comes out in 2014! I am going to die!

I loved Scarlet even more than Cinder. The characters are amazing, the plot thickens, and you receive the same witty dialogue you had in the first book. Marissa Meyer is a genius! This book leaves nothing to be desired (except for a third book in your hands, ready to read.)

The book starts off with Scarlet meeting Wolf, and learning from her father that her grandme
Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★☆/★★★★★

my reaction when i saw the book was out:

my reaction when i read the book:

Anyway. Scarlet was so much better than Cinder. Probably because there were more characters, it was written in third person view( just like in Cinder) but with much more POVs. Like Kai, Scarlet, Thorne, Cinder and Wolf(♥). Anyway, the story was pretty good, even though it was retelling of Red Riding Hood, but it was freakier, just like Cinder.

The book starts just where Cinder ended, and it's b
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Me after reading this book:

When I finished it, all I could do was sit there making whale noises and flail around.

I mean ... DAMN. I loved this book. Maybe it was because I read a few rather disappointing books before I read it, but it just felt like a giant ray of sunshine in my life.

I read Cinder about a year ago and it was a very pleasant surprise for me. I was like, "Cyborg Cinderella? Pffft … dumb." But then I heard it was actually good so I was like, "What the heck. I'll read it for the lu
Sasha Alsberg
SO GOOD. Just wow, amazing! Marissa Meyer has done it yet again!
Genocide criminal genius & master of all villainy Unknown
description

I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. .................

OH WHO AM I KIDDING?????

COME FASTER!!!!!!!!
Wendy Darling
A damaged werewolf and a charmer who flirts with spaceships! I have no idea why I waited so long to read this.
Thomas
Thank you, Marissa Meyer, for renewing my faith in YA fiction after a long spell of sub-par novels. In her sequel to Cinder, Meyer details the story of Scarlet Benoit, a young woman whose grandmother has gone missing. After some risky encounters, Scarlet teams up with Wolf, a mysterious street fighter, and together they set out to find Scarlet's grandmother. While their mission goes on, Cinder, our protagonist from the first book, breaks out of jail and embarks on a journey with her fellow convi ...more
Dj
What? WHAT DO YOU MEAN 2013?! That is completly unnecessary. There's also 4 books which IS NOT a good sign.

OKAY so I saw on a website: book two IS about red-riding hood but it's ALSO focuses on Cinder as she tries to escape Levana and learn her history. But it also introduces a new character named Scarlet who lives in south France whose grandmother has disapeared. - which is good because I would have cried if the book hadn't continued with Cinder.

OKAY OKAY: I see that the four books will focus
Keertana
Rating: 3.75 Stars

Scarlet is easily one of the most anticipated novels of 2013, but it never made its way even to my to-read shelf. In fact, while the rest of the blogosphere was going crazy over the release of Meyer's sophomore novel, I was marveling at the fact that I had one less book to read this month than everyone else. Well, needless to say, Scarlet won me over, just as Cinder won over hundreds of readers when it was first released last year. While Cinder proved to be a frustrating read f
Liz
Okay, I feel finally ready to write a proper review...I thought the first book was magnificent but this one...wow...it is even better.

Scarlet's grandmother disappears, no, excuse me, she is kidnapped and Scarlet desperately tries to find and free her. Her grandmother is the only family Scarlet has.
The fighter Wolf knows who has kidnapped Scarlet's grandmother and he is willed to help her, although he never reveals his true motives.
Together they go through hell to get to Paris and Scarlet who is
Elena
description

This is one of my favorite series EVER.

description

How can I wait a year for the third? HOW?

Recensione:

Lei non sapeva che il lupo
era un animale cattivo
e non ne aveva paura.

La fine del primo libro ha segnato il rintocco della mezzanotte, il momento in cui Cenerentola è tornata a casa scordandosi una delle sue scarpette di cristallo per saltare sulla carrozza prima che si trasformasse in una zucca su quattro ruote. Cinder invece è rimasta al gran ballo, intrappolata tra la realtà e l'uomo che ama, Kai. Lo sg
Brad
First read: June 18, 2012 - June 21, 2012

First, I want to say a big, big, BIG thank you to Marissa Meyer for hosting the giveaway for this book back in June 2012! Thanks Marissa!

SCARLET is one of those rare occasions where the author writes an even better novel than the already great predecessor. Marissa Meyer has officially put herself onto my favorite-authors list!

What I love most about SCARLET was how we were introduced to Scarlet Benoit, a very awesome and fierce character who I absolutely
Wendy Higgins
Ahhh!!!! Another epic book for me! This book has everything that I love and need in a book - the stuff that helps me fully escape - amazing storyline/plot, vivid characters, spectacular setting and storyworld building. This is one of my new favorite series, and I can't wait to read the next!
Kira
Jul 15, 2012 Kira marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
AH! Oh my goodness, I was hoping so hard that this series would be a bunch of different fairytales, and it is! Yay! I love Little Red, too, when it's all badass and hardcore.

I'm going to put a sock in it, I swear. Especially considering I just started reading Cinder.
Natalie Garside
I was lucky enough to score an ARC of this fab second book in the Lunar Chronicles Quartet and thoroughly enjoyed reading it from beginning to end to page 240 for re-reading...and re-reading....

I shall do my best to write-up a spoiler free review (and mark it before any spoilers) but if you're at all concerned with getting even a HINT of what treasure lies in these pages, probably best to stop now---or just skim to the gifs ;-)

Cinder is back and on the run in this second installment along with S
Joshua Lawrence Perez
This is killing me! 2013?! 20-freaking-13?!
The end-of-the-world could have by then!!

I have to wait a full year before I get to read the second book?! Ugh.

Fine. I can't do anything about it anyway.
But Scarlet should be worth the wait! I demand it! (just joking)

:D
____________________

I don't know if it's my OCD kicking in, but I didn't enjoy the way it was written.
But I still can't wait to read the next installment.

[no review for now, exams are coming]
❀УᗩᔕᗰᎥИƎ❀
Oh my Stars! Five stars & then some.

This book is two stories in one. The first story is set in Rieux and follows Scarlet Benoit who is determined to stop at nothing to find her grandmother who abruptly went MIA. The second story follows the protagonist of the former book, Cinder, who's a fugitive and on the run from New Beijing. Two different stories that somehow manage to merge into one. And it was...

This book kept on constantly shifting between perspectives. One moment we're seeing Scarlet
Alex
Second BR with Lil' Amy

Hosted by imgur.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by imgur.com

(view spoiler)

Italo Calvino once said "A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say."

Fairy tales are classics. One can never finish learning from them.

The adventure continues in this second installment of The Lunar Chronicles. The author has done an amazing job with this series. Beautiful writing, great characters and brilliant story.

At this point, I still don'
Monica :)
Must read. 2013? Ugh! It's always the Meyers who torture us. :)
Anne
Also reviewed for

I was a little slow to getting around to this series, so I'm betting quite a few of you are sitting there smugly, gloating over your pre-ordered copy of Winter.
For the rest of you?
Start reading now. Don't be like me, sitting here waiting on my library to judge me worthy of a digital copy of Cress.
Pick me! Pick me!
description

Anyone not know what this series is about?
Yes. In the back...I see a hand up.
Alright, Meyer had created a unique retelling of Cinderella in the first book Cinder. Se
Plot Lines 5 26 Jan 27, 2015 03:51PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer 5 38 Jan 23, 2015 04:59PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer 2 10 Jan 21, 2015 10:39AM
Who's better? Prince Kai or Wolf? 114 735 Jan 19, 2015 10:40AM
So, what happened on the train??? 4 71 Jan 11, 2015 04:29PM
YA Bookworms: Scarlet 1 3 Jan 07, 2015 12:19PM
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Of Beast and Beauty
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
  • Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.

CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.
More about Marissa Meyer...

The Lunar Chronicles (4 books)
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
  • Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.6)

12 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.” 423 likes
“A relieved grin filled up Thorne’s face. “We’re having another moment, aren’t we?”

“If by a moment, you mean me not wanting to strangle you for the first time since we met, then I guess we are.”
396 likes