Start by marking “A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey” as Want to Read:
A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey

A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey

If you’re suffering from coeliac disease, gluten and wheat sensitivity, or you simply want to sample delicious and healthy Turkish food, then this book’s for you.

A gluten free diet doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice taste. Today it can be eclectic, vibrant, and adventurous. After cooking for her coeliac husband for over a decade, author Sibel Hodge now combines her knowle
Published November 20th 2012 by Createspace (first published October 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey

Gaele
Jan 27, 2013 Gaele rated it it was amazing
In my house, cookbooks and the collection of recipes is a fine art. I am addicted to cooking shows, and always want to add something new and tasty to the menu. With the other half being a less "adventurous" eater, although if I don't tell - he often doesn't ask, finding a way to change the menu from his standard southern fare and incorporate new flavors, ingredients and not have to restock everything in the pantry is a great bonus.

So - I started with testing the recipes - gravitated to the thing
Cathy Speight
I found this a little uninspiring. There were no ‘vibrant and adventurous’ recipes promised by the author in her blurb. They’re pleasant enough, but there’s nothing there I haven’t seen before, with or without gluten. The author of the book is a writer of fiction (her books are extremely enjoyable), not a chef, so this is just a collection of recipes she’s compiled having had to cook for her coeliac husband. Living in the Turkish Republic of Cyprus (she has dual nationality) means, of course, ...more
Naomi
Feb 09, 2013 Naomi rated it really liked it
I was shocked how much I enjoyed this cookbook from Sibel Hodge. She had a remarkable variety of recipes within the cookbook ranging from appetizers, such as hummas and feta dip, to desserts, such as figs in syrup. Even drinks of the alcoholic and non-alcoholic variety are included! The kebob recipes and some of the "casserole" type dishes are BEAUTIFUL!

I did find that for it being released in the US, there were several ingredients that it might be hard or dang near impossible for us to find, su
Rachelle
Jan 29, 2013 Rachelle rated it really liked it
I was excited to receive a review copy of this cookbook. I love cooking and baking, and though I’m not allergic to gluten, one of my close friends is, and it’s nice to be able to expand our dinner menus to something more uncommon. I haven’t tried all the recipes out yet, but whether you’re America’s next top chef or someone who specializes in TV dinners, this book contains easy-to-follow recipes that are easy on the wallet. The colored photos will leave you drooling, and the fact that the author ...more
Melissa
Dec 23, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Paging through A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey by Sibel Hodge is like looking upon her dinner table and wanting to sit down and grab a plate. The pictures were beautiful. The recipes were easy to read. As I looked through it I kept finding recipes that I wanted to try. The ingredients were even easy to obtain.

Thank you for such a clear and concise look at Turkey and for making it gluten free for those that have issues for gluten.
Jen Tucker
Dec 02, 2012 Jen Tucker rated it it was amazing
Sibel Hodge can cook for me anytime! A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey has delicious and easily replicable recipes that my family loved. A photo is included for every dish, which as a cookbook collector I love to see. I follow a strict gluten free diet due to Celiac Disease, as do two of my children, and this set of recipes is a nice way to change up the menus for my family. Sexy Cabbage and Chicken Casserole are just two of my favorites. Delish!
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Rosalina B McCoy
Rosalina B McCoy rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Karin Cox
Karin Cox rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Sibel Hodge
Nov 04, 2012 Sibel Hodge added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
1976
1976 marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Joo
Joo marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
MD
MD marked it as to-read
Yvonne Stegall
Yvonne Stegall marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Paying
Paying marked it as to-read
Teracia
Teracia marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Amy R
Amy R marked it as to-read
Tisha
Tisha marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Cindie Harp
Cindie Harp marked it as to-read
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Autumn Rowland
Autumn Rowland marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Jerry Lou
Jerry Lou marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Nan
Nan marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Morgan Eckstein
Morgan Eckstein marked it as to-read
Dale
Dale marked it as to-read
Colee B
Colee B marked it as to-read
Neola
Neola marked it as to-read
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2012
Sibel Hodge’s No. 1 Bestseller Look Behind You has now sold over a quarter of a million copies. Her books are International Bestsellers in UK, USA, Australia, France, and Germany. She writes an eclectic mix of genres, and she's a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Her work has been nominated and shortlisted for numerous prizes, including the Harry Bowling Prize, the Yeovil Literary Prize
More about Sibel Hodge...