Start by marking “A Time for War (Jack Hatfield #2)” as Want to Read:
A Time for War (Jack Hatfield #2)

A Time for War (Jack Hatfield #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  14 reviews
TIMEFORWARMichael SavageThe United States is under secret attack, and only Jack Hatfield, a popular televisionhost hounded from his position by left-wing forces in the media for speaking the truth, suspects the danger of this lethal conspiracy.With the help of Dover Griffith, an idealistic young female staffer at the Office of Naval Intelligence, Hatfield pursues a trail l ...more
Published July 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published February 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Time for War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time for War

Sabin Geyman
A Review of Michael Savage's 'A Time for War'

By Sabin Geyman

In 'A Time for War', Michael Savage’s wake-up call about the Communist Chinese threat to America, the ethno-botanist-turned-radio-host serves up an absorbing story of civilization-butting intrigue. In a nutshell, the point of the story, based largely in fact, is that the Chinese Communists (Chicoms) are not so much a potential threat as they are a real, military-grade enemy that is operating now, real-time, and in the present moment.

The
Christopher
Really a fun book and better writing than I expected. Recommended. It also gives a nice window into Savage's life, as he writes himself into the novel.
Jim A
A pretty fast paced thriller.

Should be a hit with the Sinophobes, especially after the recent revelations of cyber attacks by the Chinese.
Steven Gilchrist
It was a fast paced book and well thought out plot. Worth the read just for the fact that the Chinese government is trying to block its advertising.
Don
The author is indeed the controversial, yet very intelligent and street smart radio talk show personality, known publicly as “Michael Savage”. His real name is Michael Weiner, of Russian Jewish descent, having been born in The Bronx. Among his academic achievements are degrees in biology and nutrition. Although I have heard him speak less than a handful of times, it was his tangible, native intelligence that aroused my interest in reading this fast paced novel. Unbeknownst to me previously, was ...more
Tom Tischler
A helicopter carrying a squad of Seals plummets to earth in
Afghanistan, a car driven by a couple of FBI agents tailing
a suspicious vehicle is rendered immobile in SF, and the body
of a Chinese agent is found floating miles from the Golden
Gate bridge after being fed to sharks. Only Jack Hatfield a
popular TV host hounded from his position by left wing forces
in the media for speaking the truth suspects the danger of this
conspiracy. He receives help from a young woman staffer at the
Office of Nava
Christian Orr
When one pictures the hero of a novel from the thriller genre, one doesn't typically picture a political TV show host/pundit fulfilling the role, but Michael Savage managed to pull it off with his Jack Hatfield protagonist--a thinly-veiled fictitious version of Savage himself. A bit of a shameless and self-serving example life imitating art, perhaps, but I don't hold that against the author, and it's certainly a lot of fun and never has a dull moment.
Mary
I have never read anything by Michael Savage nor is government thriller my favorite genre, however I enjoyed this book enough that I would try another of his stories.

It has terroristic violence, revenge and a mild love story. Mr. Savage is not afraid to allow a good guy to die and I resect that.
Lynette Barfield
I liked the plot, characters and technology about EMPs. I thought the book was a bit wordy and would have been better with more editing. I found myself losing interest until something plot related happened.
Nancy Anderson
He can talk ( I know from his radio program) & he can write!
Doc & Maggie Yu are the action people.
Dover & Jack are the intellectual MCs.
Very nice, lovely ending. Well done MS!
Sierra
I thoroughly enjoyed A Time For War. It was very enlightening. Exciting! Dr. Savage is a great author of fiction and non-fiction. I highly recommend any of his works.
Red
Good fiction for Savage who is a real gentleman & knows how to treat the ladies. His book was macho & sexy without being trashy sleaze.
Mike Heller
Much better than his last novel, more parrellels to the main character and Michaels real life
Carolyn Preston
Great for books on tape road trip!
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
MATTHEW
MATTHEW marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Leeba Friedman
Leeba Friedman marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Darcy
Darcy is currently reading it
Nov 03, 2014
Larry Gundy
Larry Gundy marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Dr. Michael Savage is a multimedia icon in the conservative movement. The Telegraph in the U.K. ranked him as one of the most influential conservatives in the United States, and with 10 million weekly listeners, the Berkeley Ph.D. is the third most listened to conservative talk show host. Recently featured in The New Yorker and Playboy, Dr. Savage is the author of many books, including the politic ...more
More about Michael Savage...
The Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language, and Culture The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military Liberalism is a Mental Disorder Abuse of Power (Jack Hatfield #1) Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security

“Wisdom doesn't go out of style, even if it's in increasingly short supply.” 5 likes