Start by marking “A Time for War (Jack Hatfield #2)” as Want to Read:
A Time for War (Jack Hatfield #2)

A Time for War (Jack Hatfield #2)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  176 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
A TIME FOR WAR
Michael Savage

The United States is under secret attack, and only Jack Hatfield, a popular television host hounded from his position by left-wing forces in the media for speaking the truth, suspects the danger of this lethal conspiracy. With the help of Dover Griffith, an idealistic young female staffer at the Office of Naval Intelligence, Hatfield pursues a t
Published July 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published February 12th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Time for War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Time for War

Don
Mar 24, 2013 Don rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author is indeed the controversial, yet very intelligent and street smart radio talk show personality, known publicly as “Michael Savage”. His real name is Michael Weiner, of Russian Jewish descent, having been born in The Bronx. Among his academic achievements are degrees in biology and nutrition. Although I have heard him speak less than a handful of times, it was his tangible, native intelligence that aroused my interest in reading this fast paced novel. Unbeknownst to me previously, was ...more
Sabin Geyman
Apr 04, 2013 Sabin Geyman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Review of Michael Savage's 'A Time for War'

By Sabin Geyman

In 'A Time for War', Michael Savage’s wake-up call about the Communist Chinese threat to America, the ethno-botanist-turned-radio-host serves up an absorbing story of civilization-butting intrigue. In a nutshell, the point of the story, based largely in fact, is that the Chinese Communists (Chicoms) are not so much a potential threat as they are a real, military-grade enemy that is operating now, real-time, and in the present moment.

The
Steve Woody
Way too much political pontificating. It all got in the way of the story. Book could have been half as long without the political gibberish.
Roger Miller
Jul 22, 2015 Roger Miller rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The ravings of a paranoid megalomaniac.
Luc
Apr 03, 2016 Luc rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the worst rubbish I have ever started reading. When reading fiction I do not want to be continually harassed by the extremist political views of the author. This book is not fiction, it is pure political indoctrination of the worst kind, just poorly disguised as fiction. This is exactly the same extremist evil propaganda as from the former USSR or from IS, only from the other side of the fence.
Mary
May 03, 2014 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read anything by Michael Savage nor is government thriller my favorite genre, however I enjoyed this book enough that I would try another of his stories.

It has terroristic violence, revenge and a mild love story. Mr. Savage is not afraid to allow a good guy to die and I resect that.
Lynette Barfield
I liked the plot, characters and technology about EMPs. I thought the book was a bit wordy and would have been better with more editing. I found myself losing interest until something plot related happened.
Christopher
Apr 06, 2013 Christopher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really a fun book and better writing than I expected. Recommended. It also gives a nice window into Savage's life, as he writes himself into the novel.
Jim A
Mar 04, 2013 Jim A rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty fast paced thriller.

Should be a hit with the Sinophobes, especially after the recent revelations of cyber attacks by the Chinese.
Steven Gilchrist
May 03, 2013 Steven Gilchrist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fast paced book and well thought out plot. Worth the read just for the fact that the Chinese government is trying to block its advertising.
KateMoxie
Aug 18, 2015 KateMoxie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Quit reading. Just couldn't get into it so stopped 1/2 way through.
Tom Tischler
A helicopter carrying a squad of Seals plummets to earth in
Afghanistan, a car driven by a couple of FBI agents tailing
a suspicious vehicle is rendered immobile in SF, and the body
of a Chinese agent is found floating miles from the Golden
Gate bridge after being fed to sharks. Only Jack Hatfield a
popular TV host hounded from his position by left wing forces
in the media for speaking the truth suspects the danger of this
conspiracy. He receives help from a young woman staffer at the
Office of Nava
Christian D.  Orr
May 18, 2014 Christian D. Orr rated it really liked it
When one pictures the hero of a novel from the thriller genre, one doesn't typically picture a political TV show host/pundit fulfilling the role, but Michael Savage managed to pull it off with his Jack Hatfield protagonist--a thinly-veiled fictitious version of Savage himself. A bit of a shameless and self-serving example life imitating art, perhaps, but I don't hold that against the author, and it's certainly a lot of fun and never has a dull moment.
Stephen
Feb 01, 2016 Stephen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's rare that I don't finish a book once I've started, but I couldn't get past the first 50-or-so pages of this one.
Full of paranoid, right-wing ranting (trust me, i know there's left-wing ranting also).
Reads more like an agenda than a novel.
Only a conservative can save America! ; )
Roger Scherping
Dec 19, 2015 Roger Scherping rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a very interesting plot, it moves along well, the characters are realistic, and the dialogue is engaging. I wish, though, that there was less political campaigning of the author's personal views. That aspect of the book will probably keep me from reading more from him.
Renato
Feb 06, 2015 Renato rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great thriller, just realize that this the second book.... Starting "Abuse of power" hope did not spoiled by reading this one first!
Clyn
Dec 16, 2015 Clyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story with interesting plot and unique tech for a war that was intended to fly under the radar.
Victoria Mcvicker
May 27, 2015 Victoria Mcvicker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book by Savage and I really enjoyed it. Excellent character and plot development, as well as fast moving. Will definitely try another of his.
Allie3Star
Sep 08, 2015 Allie3Star rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the energy of this book. In my humble opinion A time for War was better than Abuse of power, and I look forward to reading the 3rd book in the series. =]
Phil
Apr 05, 2015 Phil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't get into it.
Eric M
Feb 11, 2015 Eric M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read, not quite as nail-biting as the original book but some good character development and certainly a scary scenario of how men with power outside their respective country governments can cause extreme chaos.
Nancy Anderson
He can talk ( I know from his radio program) & he can write!
Doc & Maggie Yu are the action people.
Dover & Jack are the intellectual MCs.
Very nice, lovely ending. Well done MS!
Sierra
Sep 18, 2013 Sierra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed A Time For War. It was very enlightening. Exciting! Dr. Savage is a great author of fiction and non-fiction. I highly recommend any of his works.
Red
Sep 25, 2013 Red rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good fiction for Savage who is a real gentleman & knows how to treat the ladies. His book was macho & sexy without being trashy sleaze.
Mike Heller
Much better than his last novel, more parrellels to the main character and Michaels real life
Carolyn Preston
Jun 05, 2013 Carolyn Preston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for books on tape road trip!
Gfdfrogman
Nov 06, 2015 Gfdfrogman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-reading
not bad
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Donald Forster
Donald Forster marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Saeed G
Saeed G marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
  • Coping with Your Difficult Older Parent: A Guide for Stressed Out Children
  • The Missing (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #3)
  • Anatomy of Exercise: A Trainer's Inside Guide to Your Workout
  • The Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs for Better Living
  • Tiger's Claw (Patrick McLanahan, #18)
  • The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes
  • My Name is Love
  • Deep Water Passage
  • The Light of Day
  • The Eye of Moloch (Overton Window, #2)
  • The Complete Novels of Jane Austen, Vol 1: Sense & Sensibility/Pride & Prejudice/Mansfield Park
  • The Sea Hunters II (The Sea Hunters, #2)
  • The Republic and Other Works
  • Falcon Seven
  • Havana (Earl Swagger, #3)
  • India: The Cookbook
  • Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes
  • American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza
Dr. Michael Savage is a multimedia icon in the conservative movement. The Telegraph in the U.K. ranked him as one of the most influential conservatives in the United States, and with 10 million weekly listeners, the Berkeley Ph.D. is the third most listened to conservative talk show host. Recently featured in The New Yorker and Playboy, Dr. Savage is the author of many books, including the politic ...more
More about Michael Savage...

Jack Hatfield (3 books)
  • Abuse of Power (Jack Hatfield, #1)
  • Countdown to Mecca (Jack Hatfield, #3)

“Wisdom doesn't go out of style, even if it's in increasingly short supply.” 11 likes