Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)

Tier One Wild (Delta Force #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  410 ratings  ·  34 reviews
TIERONEWILDDalton Fury

New York Times bestselling author and former Delta Force commander Dalton Fury(Black Site and Kill Bin Laden) is back with an explosive new thrillerFormer disgraced Delta Force commander Kolt "Racer" Raynor has earned his wayback intoThe Unit after redeeming himself during an explosive operation at a black site in Pakistan. But he is about to face his...more
Published August 27th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 16th 2012)

Mike (the Paladin)
Okay I thought about this and think I have to go 5 stars here. I say that because as I finished this one the first thing I did was check to see if the "next" was out.

It's not by the way.

So, Kolt "Racer" Raynor joins the ranks of exceptional action heroes. I liked the first book about this character but found it a bit more strained and "been there" as the Major had lost men and crawled into a bottle only to be called back.

Here we stay with the character who finally got established and built an in...more
Larry
Delta is about the “team” and these guys are good! And so is the author, Dalton Fury. (He’s a former Delta Operator – and even his name sounds like an action hero.)

“Tier One Wild” is a page-turner. I found it really exciting. Fury’s second work of fiction again follows Kolt "Racer" Raynor as he tries not to be his old arrogant self (but talk about self-confidence!).

If this book is even close to accurately portraying Delta Force…OMG! Overall, it’s the “team’ (as opposed to Mitch Rapp’s individual...more
Bryn Dunham
Just like his first book, this was a simple military thriller written by a former Delta Force operator whose real life experience adds authenticity to the plot. This is no Tom Clancy novel, but it's a decent book to read after reading other heavier books. Kind of like watching an action movie; it's entertaining but I don't think I'll read it again or buy a copy. The local library worked just fine.

The story is about a Delta Force operator who, along with his men, are trying to track down an al Qa...more
Dan
Just finished Fury's second part in the series, (although his high body count leaves you thinking anyone can get taken out) and when you get to last page your gut loosens up. It's been a long time since an author makes you feel the blood splatter! Bravo and can't wait for the next one!
Randy Daugherty
Kolt"Racer" Raynor former excommunicated Delta Force commander has earned his way back into the fold.
Having completed a very dangerous and off the grid op in Pakistan Kolt has earned the right to enter the group again.His initiation back into Delta included a 30 day trial , one that had changed since Kolt was last in the saddle. Though suffering the extreme training, Kolt was advised that many did not think his reentering was such a great boon for Delta and many had not forgotten the mission th...more
Linda Munro
I found this book while enteringcontests on goodreads.com, again, I didn't win but, my local library had it.

This is a Delta Force Novel, with satirical overtones regarding Seal Team Six (who get all of the glory).

The action centers around the team led by Kolt Raynor, codename 'Racer' a man the book cover calls "former disgraced Delta Force commander who has earned his way back into the unit." What it should have said was former commander who never followed instructions and was finally drumme...more
Wilson Mui
This was a recommendation by a friend of mine who serves in the armed forces. This book reads like a Dan Brown novel. I don't like Dan Brown novels. Dalton Fury, like many authors in this genre (the little I've gleamed of them), love using acronyms and peppering the explanations after it's use. It doesn't make the story feel so much like an insider's look at Delta, as it makes me feel like I'm talking to a consultant trying to spin some bureaucratic verbage.

This book also has dashes of what seem...more
Tom Tischler
Former disgraced Delta Force commander Major Racer Raynor
finds himself back in Delta Force after redeeming himself
from an explosive operation at a black site in Pakistan.
And now he is about to face his deadliest opponent yet. The
most wanted man in the world American al Qaeda commander Daoud
al Amriki and his hand picked team of terrorists. They have
acquired stores of Russian built SAM missiles and their mission
is to infiltrate the U.S. and take down American aircraft.
The countries best are taske...more
Dan Smith
Just finished the best military book that I have read.. It is hard to admit that this guy is better than Vince Flynn, or Brad Thor or Ben Coes... but I finished feeling more pumped than ever.

he only has two fiction books out.. but he was in authoring the hunt and killing of Bin Laden..

You will not be disappointed.
Kelley
ARC received courtesy of Goodreads.com giveaway

Another hero has hit the pages of Dalton Fury's "Tier One Wild"! Kolt "Racer" Raynor is A Delta Force operator out of Fort Bragg who leads his team on missions to protect our country from terrorists. I was totally engrossed in this novel and had to keep reminding myself that it's fiction. It reads like a movie. The characters are so well developed and the plot so engaging, I'm sure someone will snap up the movie rights if they haven't already!

Since...more
Nichole
Really good story, great follow-up from the first of the series, Black Site. I immediately liked Racer in the first book and was very pleased that there was another book that continued the story. Great action, not too over the top for someone like me who is not entirely familiar with the terminology of groups like and weapons. Not to give away the ending, but it was nonstop action and kept me on edge waiting to see what was going to happen next and how it was all going to end. Hoping there is mo...more
Floyd Flaata
Another excellent read. I found it difficult to put down. I am waiting for the third book in the series. Should be out in May.

Ricky
Quite a disappointment, and the first book wasn't too good itself. I hereby toss Fury's books in the trash now.
Gerry Davy
Great book. Read the first and immediately got this one. Can't wait for the next one.
James W.
I've read all of his books, They are realistic and fast paced.
Patrick
Dalton Fury has another solid thriller on his hands here. Colt Raynor is back as the hard-charging, now reinstated, Delta operator.

While it starts as a fairly standard plot line a few twists kept me on the edge of my seat up until the very end. His writing is very good, often you feel like you're running next to the characters as AK bullets crack past you. Speaking of the characters, they really shine here, talking, shooting, and moving in a convincing manner.

In the end, Fury brings a sharp ed...more
Randall
Compelling story you can believe could happen with great characters that have complex back stories. Look forward to reading the next book.
Lourdes
Wow, this is one intense book! When I first got it, I automatically thought of passing it on to my nephew to read. He knows more about the military and Spec Ops than I do, then I changed my mind and read it first. I now see why the book is so realistic, the author did serve in the military! I can't think of a better person to take us there and live the story with the characters!

Hyacinth
Received as a giveaway on goodreads.com first reads. Thank you for choosing me and I look forward to reading it. Honestly, I never would have picked this book up in a bookstore but once I started reading it I had a very difficult time putting it down. The style of writing kept me engaged and wanting more. I now need to read the other books in this series.
Dan
excellent read for black ops type fan I loved it can't praises author enough
Greg Seward
Action through-in & through-out. Great story line that builds suspense while exposing the main character's flaws, and weaknesses allowing the reader to resonate with him. I love this book & can't wait to get into the next one in series.
Rob Wood
This book is full of awesome. Fast action throughout never a dull moment characters are as real as can be. An the dialogue is the frosting on the cake for me. Maybe partial credit is due to the audio narrator but this book is intense.
NVTony
This one will grip you from beginning. Author has created a classic. One of the years best realses which should appeal to all readers. Looking for a spark to your reading list this book will do job.
Author knows his craft!
Lou
This was a fast moving book with plenty of action and twists and turns. It did seem at times to be "ripped from the headlines" but it also showed some of the inner workings of ST6 and related agencies.
Laurie
Even better than his first novel. Fast paced and with a feeling of genuine authenticity. Well-written for a special forces soldier turned author. I look forward to reading his next one due out soon.
Jakenv
Looking for a fast action read you will definitely want to read. Story has all elements of mystery & action thriller. Characters are real & situations not contrived.
Robert Ringler
Oct 25, 2012 Robert Ringler rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Thriller fans
Builds on the success of his first novel, Black Site. On a par with Ben Coes, Brad Thor, Vince Flynn. Highly recommended.
David
Excellent stuff from "Dalton Fury". Realistic, intense, great action-thriller novel with very little down time.
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • An Act of Treason (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #4)
  • The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas, #3)
  • On Target (Court Gentry, #2)
  • Hunt the Wolf (Seal Team Six, #1)
  • Silent Enemy (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold, #2)
  • Exit Plan (Jerry Mitchell, #3)
  • Sentinel (Spycatcher, #2)
  • National Security (Jericho Quinn, #1)
  • Tiger's Claw (Patrick McLanahan, #18)
  • The Destroyed (Jonathan Quinn, #5)
Kill Bin Laden: A Delta Force Commander's Account of the Hunt for the World's Most Wanted Man Black Site (Delta Force, #1) Full Assault Mode (Delta Force, #3) The New Republic on The Death of Osama bin Laden TACSIM Magazine