Start by marking “Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tier One Wild (Delta Force, #2)

Tier One Wild (Delta Force #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,123 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
TIER ONE WILD
Dalton Fury

New York Times bestselling author and former Delta Force commander Dalton Fury (Black Site and Kill Bin Laden) is back with an explosive new thriller

Former disgraced Delta Force commander Kolt "Racer" Raynor has earned his way back into The Unit after redeeming himself during an explosive operation at a black site in Pakistan. But he is about to fac
Published August 27th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published October 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tier One Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tier One Wild

Mike (the Paladin)
Aug 05, 2013 Mike (the Paladin) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, thriller
Okay I thought about this and think I have to go 5 stars here. I say that because as I finished this one the first thing I did was check to see if the "next" was out.

It's not by the way.

So, Kolt "Racer" Raynor joins the ranks of exceptional action heroes. I liked the first book about this character but found it a bit more strained and "been there" as the Major had lost men and crawled into a bottle only to be called back.

Here we stay with the character who finally got established and built an in
Randy Daugherty
Jul 29, 2013 Randy Daugherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kolt"Racer" Raynor former excommunicated Delta Force commander has earned his way back into the fold.
Having completed a very dangerous and off the grid op in Pakistan Kolt has earned the right to enter the group again.His initiation back into Delta included a 30 day trial , one that had changed since Kolt was last in the saddle. Though suffering the extreme training, Kolt was advised that many did not think his reentering was such a great boon for Delta and many had not forgotten the mission th
Terry Vaughan
Oct 14, 2014 Terry Vaughan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a former soldier I'm a little biased in wanting to read any and all books with military themes...I can't help myself!
This particular series of books is one of my all-time favorites. The pace of the stories never lets up! It is written with enough authenticity and understanding of military procedure and life, that the reader is never left wondering whether the author knows his stuff.
It provides just the right amount of back-story (or is that back-stabbing) politics inherent in any military a
Larry
Mar 24, 2014 Larry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delta is about the “team” and these guys are good! And so is the author, Dalton Fury. (He’s a former Delta Operator – and even his name sounds like an action hero.)

“Tier One Wild” is a page-turner. I found it really exciting. Fury’s second work of fiction again follows Kolt "Racer" Raynor as he tries not to be his old arrogant self (but talk about self-confidence!).

If this book is even close to accurately portraying Delta Force…OMG! Overall, it’s the “team’ (as opposed to Mitch Rapp’s individual
Rob Smith
Nov 30, 2014 Rob Smith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
This book by "Dalton Fury" is simple in it's general plot, with complications. The complications are the best parts of the book. It's the rest that is harder to get through.

The rest of the book follows various characters and what they are doing with asides of background and motivations. The writing of all this is standard with lots of military jargon. The jargon is interesting, but trivial to the story. The plot slows considerably due to the excess.

This book does get the complaint I give almost
Dan
Jun 10, 2013 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished Fury's second part in the series, (although his high body count leaves you thinking anyone can get taken out) and when you get to last page your gut loosens up. It's been a long time since an author makes you feel the blood splatter! Bravo and can't wait for the next one!
Tammy
Jun 30, 2015 Tammy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for the action parts

2 stars for the rest of it which was the majority of the book. He gave lots and lots of background information on somewhat minor characters or situations and it caused the book to drag. I ended up skipping a ton of pages and never felt lost despite this.

After dragging on forever the story ended abruptly and we'll just say it wasn't a happy ending overall.

I'm hoping DF's writing style will evolve with time. I'll give his next book a try but I will be getting it from
Linda Munro
Mar 20, 2015 Linda Munro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I found this book while enteringcontests on goodreads.com, again, I didn't win but, my local library had it.

This is a Delta Force Novel, with satirical overtones regarding Seal Team Six (who get all of the glory).

The action centers around the team led by Kolt Raynor, codename 'Racer' a man the book cover calls "former disgraced Delta Force commander who has earned his way back into the unit." What it should have said was former commander who never followed instructions and was finally drumme
Wilson Mui
This was a recommendation by a friend of mine who serves in the armed forces. This book reads like a Dan Brown novel. I don't like Dan Brown novels. Dalton Fury, like many authors in this genre (the little I've gleamed of them), love using acronyms and peppering the explanations after it's use. It doesn't make the story feel so much like an insider's look at Delta, as it makes me feel like I'm talking to a consultant trying to spin some bureaucratic verbage.

This book also has dashes of what seem
Tom Tischler
Nov 03, 2013 Tom Tischler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Former disgraced Delta Force commander Major Racer Raynor
finds himself back in Delta Force after redeeming himself
from an explosive operation at a black site in Pakistan.
And now he is about to face his deadliest opponent yet. The
most wanted man in the world American al Qaeda commander Daoud
al Amriki and his hand picked team of terrorists. They have
acquired stores of Russian built SAM missiles and their mission
is to infiltrate the U.S. and take down American aircraft.
The countries best are taske
Ricardo
Aug 27, 2015 Ricardo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1/2 star. I am astonished to see this book has a 4+ star rating. I thought this was one of the worst books I've read in a very long time. Although the author's name should have been a big clue, I figured I would give it a try, big mistake! I actually kept reading just to see how much worse the book could get and to see how many times the main character called the other guys "bro." Sad excuse for a book
Glen
This second entry in the series shows marked improvement.

Now that we have the cliched tragic backstory out of the way, we can get to the good stuff. The villain from the last book is back, with a brand new plan to inflict terror and death on America. Racer and Company have to stop him.

Lots of tension, with lots of action. It will be interesting to see if the world changes after the occurrences here.
Amy
Great SOF read

Great read and really enjoyed this follow up the the first novel. Definitely reading the next in line. The ending was a little less believable with regard to what transpired, but still satisfied overall. If you're interested in a glimpse of the SOF world, this is a great read for those who want to imagine what's it's like to be one of our country's best.
Bryn Dunham
Just like his first book, this was a simple military thriller written by a former Delta Force operator whose real life experience adds authenticity to the plot. This is no Tom Clancy novel, but it's a decent book to read after reading other heavier books. Kind of like watching an action movie; it's entertaining but I don't think I'll read it again or buy a copy. The local library worked just fine.

The story is about a Delta Force operator who, along with his men, are trying to track down an al Qa
Dan Smith
Apr 27, 2014 Dan Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished the best military book that I have read.. It is hard to admit that this guy is better than Vince Flynn, or Brad Thor or Ben Coes... but I finished feeling more pumped than ever.

he only has two fiction books out.. but he was in authoring the hunt and killing of Bin Laden..

You will not be disappointed.
Matt Randall
Nov 24, 2015 Matt Randall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from Dalton Fury. I really praised the supposed realism in the last book and this one is getting a little james bond, you know where he is always in the right place at the right time...however, it is still a very exciting story from start to finish and I cant wait to dive into the next one.
Spenser
Nov 23, 2015 Spenser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first read in this series. I enjoyed the military aspects: information, education and suspense. I look forward to reading additional books from this series. I'd give this one 4 1/2 stars as the ending was a tad too abrupt, almost as if the writer couldn't quite figure out how to handle the closing. Otherwise, a very good book.
Kelley
May 27, 2013 Kelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
ARC received courtesy of Goodreads.com giveaway

Another hero has hit the pages of Dalton Fury's "Tier One Wild"! Kolt "Racer" Raynor is A Delta Force operator out of Fort Bragg who leads his team on missions to protect our country from terrorists. I was totally engrossed in this novel and had to keep reminding myself that it's fiction. It reads like a movie. The characters are so well developed and the plot so engaging, I'm sure someone will snap up the movie rights if they haven't already!

Since
Adam
Jan 27, 2015 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dalton Fury's Tier One Wild takes us on a journey with Major Kolt Raynor and his team... picking up where the first book left off. The antagonist --from book one-- is suspected of having a large cache of Russian made SA-24 SAMs...
Nichole
Mar 05, 2013 Nichole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good story, great follow-up from the first of the series, Black Site. I immediately liked Racer in the first book and was very pleased that there was another book that continued the story. Great action, not too over the top for someone like me who is not entirely familiar with the terminology of groups like and weapons. Not to give away the ending, but it was nonstop action and kept me on edge waiting to see what was going to happen next and how it was all going to end. Hoping there is mo ...more
James
May 27, 2015 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series was much better. I think Dalton is perfecting his craft as he goes along. You almost felt like you were along for the ride with him. Thanks Dalton for a good few hours of entertainment
Jerome
Aug 07, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s probably better to read this after the previous one in the series, but Fury succeeds in delivering the right amount of action and suspense, and on a whole the book is difficult to put down.

Still, character development is usually the mark of a great or above-average series, and at times it seems absent, but not always. Lots of characters are curiously absent at various points of the story, and, disappointingly, the climax of the story is literally at the end of the book, with no space left f
David Chabot
Jan 03, 2016 David Chabot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best military action packed book around. Treat yourself to it and join the fight with Kolt Raynor, you won't regret it. Ever.
Trevin
Oct 23, 2014 Trevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read, if you're into this genre. Narrator was excellent, and give life to every character. I'd recommend picking up PT. 1 first though.
Floyd Flaata
Mar 29, 2014 Floyd Flaata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent read. I found it difficult to put down. I am waiting for the third book in the series. Should be out in May.

Felix
Sep 03, 2014 Felix rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
High on action and has well rounded characters. The plot is somewhat 2 dimensional, which is holding back another star!
Ricky
Quite a disappointment, and the first book wasn't too good itself. I hereby toss Fury's books in the trash now.
Gerry Davy
Apr 12, 2014 Gerry Davy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Read the first and immediately got this one. Can't wait for the next one.
James Davis
Jun 08, 2014 James Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I've read all of his books, They are realistic and fast paced.
Patrick
Oct 21, 2012 Patrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dalton Fury has another solid thriller on his hands here. Colt Raynor is back as the hard-charging, now reinstated, Delta operator.

While it starts as a fairly standard plot line a few twists kept me on the edge of my seat up until the very end. His writing is very good, often you feel like you're running next to the characters as AK bullets crack past you. Speaking of the characters, they really shine here, talking, shooting, and moving in a convincing manner.

In the end, Fury brings a sharp ed
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • Target America (Sniper Elite, #2)
  • One-Way Trip (Sniper Elite, #1)
  • An Act of Treason (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #4)
  • Silent Enemy (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold, #2)
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
  • The Enraged (Jonathan Quinn, #7)
  • Dead Eye (The Gray Man #4)
  • On Target (The Gray Man #2)
  • Hunt the Wolf (Seal Team Six, #1)
  • The Enemy (Victor the Assassin #2)

Delta Force (4 books)
  • Black Site (Delta Force, #1)
  • Full Assault Mode (Delta Force, #3)
  • One Killer Force (Delta Force, #4)