Start by marking “Because Shit Happened” as Want to Read:

Because Shit Happened

On a fateful winter day, Amol Sabharwal, co-founder of one of the most ambitious startup ventures in the country, yourquote.in, decides to quit. What makes Amol quit his own business venture just when it is on the brink of raising its first round of funding?

Harsh Snehanshu, bestselling author of Oops! I fell in love! gives you an insider’s peek into the big, bad entreprene
Published by Random House India (first published February 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Because Shit Happened, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because Shit Happened

Mayank
Jul 29, 2016 Mayank rated it it was ok
I bought this book since there was a lot of hype about it(and also because I got it at a 50% discount - was ordering another book and got free shipping if I added this too)

The writing style - boring and mundane. Reading every page was a chore.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but the book definitely didn't live up to the hype. I marked the major pages where I thought I'd criticize the book on, but there's so many that I'm not even going to get started.

This book DOES paint a somewhat realistic
Harsh
Mar 12, 2013 Harsh added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It's my book! I better not rate. :D
Pavan
Nov 06, 2013 Pavan rated it did not like it
the most boring, this book prologue states " what not to do when one is dreaming to become entrepreneur" but journey moves along with college, interviews, romance and shit Yes real shit. not worth single penny.
Author named this book in incorrect way.
it must be "SHIT YES REAL SHIT"
Khamosh Pathak
May 29, 2013 Khamosh Pathak rated it it was ok
I picked it up from Amazon kindle because it was 100 bucks and because i felt bad for not having read a book for the past month.

When compared to the other engineering students who have suddenly started writing Bestsellers, he actually writes quite well. It's an easy read, doesn't take much out of you but at the same time it leaves you with little wisdom. It's supposed to be a true depiction of the India start up world. And sometimes it provides you with an inside view to the start up world too,
VaultOfBooks
Apr 14, 2013 VaultOfBooks rated it liked it
By Harsh Snehanshu. Grade B+
A fun novel about love, starting a company, and leaving it all to follow your heart
On a fateful winter day, Amol Sabharwal, co-founder of one of the most ambitious start- up ventures in the country, yourquote.in, decides to quit. What makes Amol quit his own business venture just when it is on the brink of raising its first round of funding?

Because Shit Happened
Harsh Snehanshu, bestselling author of Oops! I Fell in Love! gives us an insiders peek into the big, bad ent
Anish Kumar
Sep 10, 2013 Anish Kumar rated it liked it
Nice book.
It was very relatable for me because i suffered from the same failure. I was also ditched by my partner's EGO to become CEO .
Neverthless, book talks about lot of love triangles, make outs,etc,. which i think we(teenagers/mid 20s) all face and hear in our day to day life, as the main character of this book encounters, but, i don't understand, when he is busy making a business, how does he get time for all such "Chatpat" news as Author mentions in book.
Secondly, this book very beautifull
Surbhi Sharma
Jul 05, 2013 Surbhi Sharma rated it it was amazing
A brilliant read!

Because shit happened – the fourth book of the bestselling author of 3 romantic novels came as a great surprise to me. The author has completely drifted from his regular genre of writing romantic, humorous books. This book is based on his real life and gives an insight into the big entrepreneurial world full of challenges. It portrays the author’s passion to pursue his dreams as he could have easily took up a job but he instead chose to start his own company. The book describes
Vivek
Sep 06, 2016 Vivek rated it did not like it
The book started off good but as one reads along, the book seems to be kind of repetitive of the events. Also one major point is that the book's back cover and description is, I think, kind of misleading. It reads "WHAT NOT TO DO IN A START-UP!" while the book offers seemingly little useful insight on the entrepreneurship aspect and more on different aspects of life. I bought the book thinking that it was possibly an insightful, failure story of an entrepreneur touching different aspects of ...more
Ayush Jain
Apr 25, 2013 Ayush Jain rated it liked it
The book is an interesting read. It talks about the person's process of starting up while being in college. It gives a good insight for the process and the difficulties faced in the startup and the experiences gained alongside.

Do not expect to gain a lot of knowledge about starup or anything; it is a light book to read filled with humour, some romance and some nitty gritty lessons, like a bollywood movie, more or less.

The way Harsh has written it makes it more interesting rather than the story
Sneh Pradhan
Jan 17, 2014 Sneh Pradhan rated it it was ok
The story starts off with a promise , but is soon diluted by the technical aspects , often unneeded and coupled with the rambling plot , you just wait for these meandering rivers to reach its ocean , if any , because you somehow managed 300 and-so pages of this tome . The author's all-pervasive cocky, misogynist attitude serves to further push this book into its quicksand . Read this , if only for the quotes which are genuinely witty , but sprinkled few and far between , and a veritably ...more
Akash Roy
Nov 20, 2013 Akash Roy rated it liked it
This is my first book by Harsh, and I must say that he nailed it. I got it on my birthday, and I couldn't put the book until I had finished it which was by 7 am in the morning or so.

The book is more than just an accurate description of the kind of things that happen in an Entrepreneur's life when he is in college, yet to know how professional World work, and thus unknowingly is caught in the web of personal vs. professional connections. Despite the seriousness, and loads of messages the book is
Saurabh
Oct 08, 2013 Saurabh rated it it was ok
I'd want to give it 2.5 stars.Despite of it's horrendous grammatical glitches and it's amateurish lingo it's an honest account of the obstacles one faces while starting up. I could relate to it more as I have just turned entrepreneur and some of the things talked about in the book did happen with me as well.Good start but could have been far far better for a guy who is planning to make a career in writing.
William Moses Jr.
Nov 07, 2013 William Moses Jr. rated it liked it
An alright book. The story was fast paced and compelled me to read on. However, I found the drama much to my distaste. So much so, in fact, that at times I was unable to back the protagonist and his partner or wish them well in their endeavors. By drama I mean both their entrepreneurial practices (a few times) and the way they handled their love lives (most of the time). However, reading this book was not a bad way to spend a few days.
Meghant Parmar
Mar 24, 2013 Meghant Parmar rated it it was amazing
It lives up to its title. harsh snehanshu has come a long way and mark my words this is truly an eye opener for the people who have just started with their entrepreneur life. Emotional turmoil, lost love and the power to remain head strong in worst of the adversaries it teaches u all. :)

I totally loved this one. :)
Pooja Jeevagan
Sep 08, 2013 Pooja Jeevagan rated it liked it
Not a bad read, and definitely earns a star more because it's not the usual love story we Indian authors excel (oh no, not really excel rather stick to)...

And though it's not completely believable, it's not totally tangent and impossible either...I might pick more from the author but they all seem to be love affairs...
Sushobhan
Jul 09, 2016 Sushobhan rated it liked it
first of all before reading the novel i had seen the TVF series... so it was already seen before read...

crisp writing about a failed entrepreneur... failed lover but passionate dreamer makes the novel readable...

and its my one line for u-

life fucks & girlfrien suckn just let ur shield up or duck, but never stuck....- Yourquote.in
Ashley Olsen
May 24, 2015 Ashley Olsen rated it liked it
Ok I can only give it 3 stars, coz although I love the author, it was all about entrepreneurship and stuff. It was honest and good, but the writer just wrote all that happened, he didn't make much efforts to write in a way that would indulge readers into it. So except for those who are into entrepreneurship and all, which I'm not, you may find it boring at many points ..
Jatin Batra
Jan 11, 2014 Jatin Batra rated it liked it
I would be non-judgemental on this , I read most of the chapters in metro compressed midst the heard.It's always better to have a book than standing alone and paying heeds to those voices in your mind
Asis
Apr 06, 2013 Asis rated it liked it
Not very interesting, more filled with seemingly shrewd thoughts of the author, Harsh, I wouldn't be his friend if i were in IIT, but would definitely like to meet him and get to know about some of his decision.
Aman Dogra
Aug 14, 2014 Aman Dogra rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I won't recommend this book to anyone, esp. not to entrepreneurs. This book was nothing but a series of non-interesting twisted love stories and love triangles. After few chapters this books seems like a drag.
Esha
Mar 25, 2013 Esha rated it really liked it
its not a guideline book,rather a experience..you can choose to learn your own lessons.a nice light read..some quotes ring quite true in context of modern times.
Dileep
Jun 06, 2013 Dileep rated it liked it
A good timepass read when you have nothing else to do. Very honest writing that tries to explain the ups and downs in entrepreneurship in the indian setting. A decent effort.
Karthik D.R
Ofcourse, it is very challenging to live the life of an entrepreneur! this is books prepares to get the priorities right and makes u tough to face the challenging roller coaster ride of "start-up"..
Sheela
Sheela rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Sharma Shubham
Sharma Shubham rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2014
Santosh Prasad
Santosh Prasad rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2015
Tejaswi Sudake
Tejaswi Sudake rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Sharanya R K
Sharanya R K rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2016
Subhankar Dey
Subhankar Dey rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2015
Adithya
Adithya rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Nazaqat
  • How About A Sin Tonight?
  • A Little Book of Life
  • A calendar too crowded
  • The Crossover Year
  • 25 Strokes of Kindness
  • Malgudi Days I
  • It's your move, Wordfreak!
  • India's War: World War II and the Making of Modern South Asia
  • Shattered Dreams (Ramayana: the Game of Life, #2)
  • The Girl He Left Behind
  • Life and Death in One Breath
  • Why I Write: Essays by Saadat Hasan Manto
  • नीलेश मिश्रा का याद शहर 2 / Neelesh Misra Ka Yaad Sheher
  • Baramulla Bomber
  • The Smoke is Rising
  • Get To The Top: The Ten Rules For Social Success
  • You Are the Best Wife
Harsh Snehanshu is twenty-five but looks older. After graduating from IIT in 2011, he invested a year each on entrepreneurship, pan-India travel, and the Young India Fellowship – a prestigious one-year fellowship in the liberal arts. During 2012-13, he travelled solo across the country on a shoestring budget, sleeping wherever there was space and eating whatever was available, discovering India ...more
More about Harsh Snehanshu...

“In a war where both sides are wrong, the side which loses first, wins.” 4 likes
“And they lived happily thereafter, without each other.” 2 likes