Start by marking “Daddy, Unexpectedly” as Want to Read:
Daddy, Unexpectedly

Daddy, Unexpectedly

From Friends to Lovers to…Parents?Claire DeAngelo's fantasy was the white picket fence and a husband and babies. She thought she'd found it, but now she's getting a divorce. Her ex's behavior is bordering on harassment, so it's lucky Claire runs into her college buddy—now undercover cop—Luke Devlin.

Luke can't believe his luck. He's investigating a smuggling ring, and Clair
Published May 7th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Daddy, Unexpectedly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy, Unexpectedly

Paula Legate
May 04, 2013 Paula Legate rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Claire had always done the right thing. She studied hard through high school, and college. She was the one that always had her feet planted on solid ground. She found out her husband was cheating on her, and sent him packing. They were in the middle of a divorce. One day she had just gotten home from work. When she walking to her condo from her car, she spotted her old college study buddy Luke. In just a few days, she decided to throw caution to the wind for the first ...more
Susan
Good book. I've liked Claire since the first book and it's fun to see her get her own story. She is busy dodging phone calls from her ex-husband who has been harassing her when she runs into Luke. He is working undercover doing surveillance on a condo in her neighborhood. They were study partners and friends in college but had lost touch with each other afterward. As they reconnect there is a spark of attraction. Claire decides to step outside of her usual way of doing things and accepts a dinne ...more
Michelle Diez
Jan 12, 2017 Michelle Diez rated it really liked it
Great story, but wasn't too fond of the ending, kind of leaves on a cliff hanger. The romance was very sweet in this story
Tanya
Apr 07, 2015 Tanya rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-books
I really wanted to like this book. I loved Kristi's story, and after reading it, I downloaded Sam and Claire's stories. I really liked Sam's story and was looking forward to reading Claire's.

The author is great at writing likable characters. Claire and Luke are both likable yet flawed enough to make them realistic. I liked Rex and felt the author did a good job with animals and kids.

My problem with the book was there were too many subplots. This started out as a great book. I loved the friction
Yazmin
Jun 14, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it
In Daddy Unexpectedly by Lee Mckenzie, Claire DeAngelo has always dreamt of having a family of her own and having her house with a white picket fence but her ex-husband had other ideas that put her dreams on hold. Now alone again she will start to build her life the way she wanted it to begin with.

Luke Devlin and Claire were study partners while in college. He was attracted to her back then, but he didn’t want to ruin their friendship as most other relationships in his life, so he never acted on
Heather
Aug 27, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I liked how Luke was an undercover cop protecting his love from years ago. Those kinds are always good ones. This book was so good I loved the characters I hated (the ex). Just all written so well. Awesome book!!
Tia
May 28, 2013 Tia rated it it was ok
For a pregnancy novel, I was slightly disappointed. It wasn't very emotionally done to me, which makes me feel like it wasn't written properly. I couldn't even try to relate, which sucked.
Dorothy J. Stinnett
Dorothy J. Stinnett rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
April Brown
April Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2013
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
siriusedward
siriusedward rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
May 10, 2014
Kyza
Kyza rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Yexely
Yexely rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Kelsaunde
Kelsaunde rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Kobie
Kobie rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2013
Kyza
Kyza rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Breanne
Breanne rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Keedron
Keedron rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2016
Neesha
Neesha rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Kerri
Kerri rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Elise
Elise rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015