Start by marking “Emboscada De Pasion” as Want to Read:
Emboscada De Pasion

Emboscada De Pasion

2.84 of 5 stars 2.84  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  20 reviews
El engaño le costó demasiado caro…

Athan Teodarkis conocía bien a las de su clase, mujeres que recibían todo tipo de regalos de sus amantes ricos, desde lujosas joyas a ropa de alta costura. Sin embargo, nunca se había interesado por ninguna de ellas… hasta ese momento. Sospechando que el marido de su hermana tenía una aventura con la hermosa Marisa Milburne, Athan decidió
Published June 4th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Emboscada De Pasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emboscada De Pasion

RLA

If you want deep, emotional, and dramatic stories then Julia James is the author to look for.

Aside from the too-often inner monologues from the hero and heroine, this is a wonderfully crafted story about revenge and mistakes. It’s classic Julia James with it’s one great big misunderstanding that would only take a couple of words to rectify, yet the fact that it is dragged out and the full truth never coming out until near the end makes this a really tense read.

You never really know ho
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
So much inner dialogue. I found myself skipping pages to get to the end. Change from H to h's back to H's POV I had to concentrate to know who we were listening to.
Love scene was great.
willaful
I actually thought for a second -- okay, two pages -- that Marisa really was the other woman, which would be totally out of left field for a modern Harlequin Presents and therefore interesting. No such luck. Instead we get one of those incredibly obvious Big Secrets, which the book coyly refuses to reveal until the end, even though the reader will almost certainly guess what it is.

Still, I liked the angst and the pining hero. And the secondary characters were interesting, though we didn't see th
Booklover
Very Predictable Story.
Mel
I don't even know how to start my review. Good grief. This book was bad. Bad. Bad. Very bad. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because there are some books out there way worse And I try not to give 1 star, because that is just cruel.

But back to this wretched book. Here we have Marisa. Poor girl, meets a man who puts her up in a penthouse, buys her nice things, and takes her out to eat.
Enter the brother in law of the guy who's giving Marisa access to a better life. Athan. He's Greek. He's powe
Sonotjade
Can someone say total cliche?
Seriously, if you do not understand what is going on between Marisa and Ian from the first chapter of the book, you should just go consult... Really, no joking. GO.

I read it in under 2 hours (the longest of my life), some parts of the book simply not worth reading...
The pace of the whole novel: what to say but that it was totally messed up? Some parts the author lingered on (usually those we don't want to hear about) and others she practically skipped upon, like the
Tia
This novel was sad and tragic in so many ways. There was such emotion present in the novel that I in fact teared up numerous times. I did enjoy the novel greatly. I loved how brave the heroine was and what the hero did to her was wrong on so many levels. The novel was certainly misleading at the start but as the story went on, it wove a great, beautiful and tragic tale.
Dalia
Too much angst, too much tension, too much plotting for a misunderstanding that can be cleared with one confrontation.
No plausible reason for all the secrecy. Too little events. Too much inner dialogue. The story takes place mostly in H/h heads.
Lynda
Athan Teodarkis was livid with his private detective’s findings, photos of his brother-in-law Ian Randall with another woman, his suspicions were confirmed. Ian’s father was a womanizer and Athan knew it wouldn’t be long before Ian followed his father’s footsteps. A vindictive plot was devised, Marisa Milburne’s days with Ian will be coming to an end and Ian will remain with his wife after Athan’s deceptive moves were completed, Athan was positive of his plan’s outcome.

“Painted The Other Woman”
Carol Storm
Great romance if you can get past the premise -- the heroine's identity is not revealed till the end of the book, but most readers will figure it out by the end of the second chapter.

Julia James does have an incredibly poetic style, though, and writes angst and emotion with great skill.
Nicole
The story had potential. Unfortunately, it was not used. The plot made no sense. I did not understand why she kept her relationship with her brother a secret. Nor did I get the reason why the H broke up the affair when he didn't want to. Just blaaah.
mad4rombks
Nothing amazing about this. Was almost 15% in before they even had a scene together and then most of it was just their POV about each other and not actually talking to each other.
Consuela Rossetto
Athan Teodarkis conosce fin troppo bene le donne come Marisa Milburne, quelle disposte a tutto per ripagare i regali che ricevono dagli uomini facoltosi che frequentano. Lui le ha sempre disprezzate, anche se ora di fronte a lei...
Sospettando che la bellissima Marisa abbia una relazione con il marito di sua sorella, Athan ha messo a punto un piano per risolvere la questione: la sedurrà, per poi abbandonarla. Facile, no?

Una partenza lenta, ripetitiva e noiosa; fortunatamente a metà romanzo un col
Lenore Kosinski
Meh. The problem is that the writing style was too flowery for me. I have to learn to remember which authors I don't like the writing styles of, b/c it's not like that's going to change. And it's a shame since I actually enjoyed the more realistic (well, for harlequin books anyways) reactions of the characters. It didn't take til the end of the book for the hero to feel remorse for the crazy ass shit he was pulling. The heroine didn't just take it, but actually gave the hero what-for for the cra ...more
Hanisah Halim
predictable. i knew who she was from the beginning of the book.
Tonya Warner
Athan Teodarkis believed his brother-in-law was grooming Marisa Milburne to be his mistress. His plan is to seduce her and then force her to stay away from Ian Randall, leaving his sister;s marriage intact.

The story was predictable. You could tell from the start that Marisa was the illegitament daughter of Ian's philandering father. The constant dithering in the mind's of the two main charater's was annoying. Still, overall, the story was OK.
Lady E
I didn't hate this book or think it was poorly written. However the simple minded confusion between the two main charcters made it almost impossible for me to truly enjoy this book.
Shanelle
Seriously. I was bored out of my mind.
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Malaika
Malaika marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Flora
Flora marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
f(x)
f(x) added it
Nov 21, 2014
Priyanka Patel
Priyanka Patel marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • Contract with Consequences
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • The Replacement Wife
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • The Power of Vasilii (Russian Rivals #2)
  • After the Greek Affair
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Bartering Her Innocence
  • The Man Who Risked it All
  • Unnoticed and Untouched
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • One Night with the Enemy
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
Baby of Shame For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires, #1) Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife An Heir for the Millionaire The Greek's Virgin Bride