Start by marking “A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)

A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  54 reviews
Business & Pleasure: What the Corretti playboy wants...…

Personal assistant Ella is never without her "Santo Bag"—not the latest designer "must have," but emergency supplies to handle whatever the devilish Santo Corretti throws at her. But no pair of sunglasses will cover the darkness in her boss's eyes this morning.

Scandal is circling. Santo's family is in tatters. His
Mass Market Paperback, 184 pages
Published April 23rd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Legacy of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Legacy of Secrets

Alex is The Romance Fox
This is the 1st book (of 8 in the Sicily’s Corretti Dynasty Series) by Carol Marinelli and tells the story of Santo Corretti, playboy, filmmaker, womanizer and also best man for his brother Alessandro’s wedding…which of course so did not go so well!!!!

Ella, Santo's SUPER EFFICIENT PA photo f0cce9e7-8c79-4ea6-a651-cec615ebed0a_zpsd69dc19a.jpg
left Australia after a very traumatic event in her life and decided to visit the country where her mother was born. Having to find work, she was hired as Santo’s PA, which she saw as a stepping stone to doing what sh
Lynn Raye Harris
Clearly, I am a biased reader since I'm also a Presents author and I've written the seventh story in this series. But I really enjoyed this book! Carol Marinelli writes with passion and intensity and I loved it! I know what all the stories are about because I worked with the other authors -- and yet hearing what it is and seeing it done are two different things. I love the playboy trope, and I thought Santo was awesome. I wanted Ella to be a little more forthcoming with him, but she did it in he ...more
Danielle
Desere

Families no matter how rich or how poor all have secrets. Some secrets can tear the family apart and it can take years to repair the damage, other secrets can destroy lives to the point of no return and never to be undone.

But such secrets all have the same effect, they emotionally and physically destroy the person from the inside,and can make them cold-hearted and unfeeling.

In this read I was shown by the author that secrets are sometimes a good thing, but also when the right person comes alon
Nancy Crocker
A Legacy Of Secrets by Carol Marinelli

This is the first book in Sicily's Corretti Dynasty Series. There is a prequel available for free by Carol Marinelli titled Uncovering The Correttis.

Ella has decided to escape her nightmare life in Australia, and travel to Sicily to have a fresh start. Embarrassed by her families dark secret she is praying no one discovers the truth. She is determined to make a name for herself in the film industry as a director, and will let nothing get in her way, not even
Diah Didi
First book of Sicily's Corretti Dynasty series.

Normally, I'd give 3 stars for this kind of story. But somehow I was quite drawn to this one. Maybe because I always like this kind of theme. An arrogant playboy boss and his PA. And those ridiculous requests and orders. I really liked the idea of 'Santo Bag'. :))
It's just that sometimes both characters can be very annoying. I can't find the exact words yet. But I kinda liked the fact that I can go like and dislike both hero and heroine, in good ter
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
Okay the hero came across as a sex crazed pig most of the book and the heroine was pretty closed off but for some reason I enjoyed the book.

To be honest I am sure the hero was a walking talking STD and it was weird that the heroine would sleep with him seeing as his PA having witnessed his super slutty behaviour. Plus he was cheap as well and a sexual harassment suit waiting to happen, as he had always slept with his PA's the heroine having rejected that possibility early on.

But
TashNz
Book one of the Corretti Dynasty (unless you include the fab prequel) where we meet Santo who is currently producing a film which by the way, stars a Book II main character, Taylor. Santo is used to wearing out his PA's in more way than one which is why they never last. Ella has never fallen for Santo's charm and it's probably why they've lasted so long working together.

The book opens when Ella gets the usual early morning call from Santo to pick him up from some ungodly place and this time Ella
Cecilia
Considering the set-up and setting, the book is nowhere near as dark and melodramatic as you'd expect. It's pretty light (with dark accents), and the dynamic between the hero and heroine didn't seem conventional to me. Overall, it was very enjoyable, particularly because the hero seems unusual. He's rich, but there's an element of screw-up in him that you don't normally see in HPs. Not a major screw-up, but a bit - enough to make him seem almost human. I'd probably give it 3.5 stars, despite the ...more
Camy
I tend to like storylines of admin/PA heroines working for alpha male bosses, and this was a great one. The heroine is efficient at her job but opens herself up to passion while hiding the deep scars of her past. The hero is a playboy who learns to open his heart to real love.

I have to admit the head hopping in the writing style made it rather confusing, especially in the last quarter of the book, but the characters were very well developed and the romance had good emotional conflict. The extern
Cindy
This is the 1st book in the Coretti family series. They're all written by different authors & that's sometimes a mistake IMO.

I read the Sarah Morgan story, which is 2nd in the series first. In that story, Santo came across to me as a serious, driven, mature man. He's actually a shallow playboy in CMs book, which is a shame. He could have been actually more like Sarah Morgan's interpretation & been a far more interesting character. Instead, we get the same old trope about the hardworkin
Susan (susayq ~)
I liked this one. Santo is a member of the infamous Corretti family which is riddled with scandal. Santo didn't have a huge secret, but he was huge playboy. When his PA, Ella, ends up breaking her own rule of not sleeping with him, the end up confessing hidden feelings of love(after a typical interim of not being together and misunderstanding about something else). I'm curious about the rest of the family and am anxious for the release of their stories :)
Fanny Roswita Ria
Menjadi asisten pribadi taipan perfilman sangat menguras emosi Emma, sang heroine. Dihubungi di jam2 yang tdk biasa, kerja full timer, mengirim hadiah perpisahan untuk mantan2 yg tersakiti, dan menghadapi emosi Santo, sang hero, yang spt roller coaster. Sebenarnya tujuan utamanya bukan mjd asisten pribadi, melainkan sutradara yg handal. Tetapi itu tdk bisa dicapai begitu saja tanpa pembelajaran.
Ketika Kurang lebih 2 tahun dia berharap bs mjd asisten sutradara tapi tak terwujud, akhirnya sang her
Patty Pat
I really liked this book. The first book in Corretti Dynasty series, loved Santo a lot, he is arrogant yes but he also cares for Ella. The chemistry between Santo and Ella is very good.
I don't know why but I found Ella changing her mind often very cute and sexy and the way Santo deals with her is also cute.
Tia
I laughed a lot in this one. Some of it, a lot of it was very emotional but there was some funny/romantic parts as well that made me laugh, giggle and smile. It was all around a decent and good novel to read.
Dee
One of the best Harlequin's I have read in quite a while.....Full review to follow.

ARC courtesy of Harlequin via Netgalley
nurmawati
Berharap banyak ttg santo...tapi kuciwa krn ceritanya kurang di gali dan gak banyak diceritain ttg santo..no pov juga gak kayak buku lainnya especially alessandro..
Walo 1 seri tapi kalo yg nulis beda so beda juga gaya penceritaannya...
Buku ini bener2 ngabisin tenaga bacanya..padahal dr awal sungguh menarik ...cuma dr tengah sampe akhir bener2 boring abis dan cerita ttg keluarga si ce sangat bertele2...capek bacanya...
Gak kasih 2 bintang krn kasian ...i do like santo....
Semoga cerita ttg co2 core
Makii
"–¡No te he dicho que te quiero! –recordó él entonces.
–Creo que lo acabas de hacer.
–Bueno, lo repetiré para más seguridad –le dijo mientras la abrazaba–. Te quiero. Es la primera vez que se lo digo a alguien. Te quiero tanto que
pasaré el resto de mi vida demostrándote que puedes confiar en mí."

Ohhhh Santo

Ya estoy amando esta serie, y recién empiezo!!
Puedo querer y necesitar leer mil cosas, pero a veces, mi necesidad de algún libro de Harlequin es mayor! Y siempre encuentro algo...
Patrice
Ella decided that the best thing for her to do was to put as much distance between herself and her father as possible, to that end she was leaving Australia for Italy and desperately trying to get her mother to go with her. Disheartened that her mother chose to stay with her father, Ella leaves and attempts to make a life for herself abroad. She gets the job of a personal assistant to Santo Corretti of the Sicilian Corretti’s; a name synonymous with scandal. Ella makes it clear from the start t ...more
Sue Child
At the top of her game, Carol Marinelli delivers: emotional depth, her unique take on emotional conflict, passionate love scenes and flawed characters with depth and originality.

That said I’m not a fan of the Boss / PA trope and the playboy isn’t a favourite hero of mine—although in the right hands he can win me over….

The opening didn’t immediately grab me either. If not for the emotional depth it would have been nothing out of the ordinary. But without it, Ella could have come across as heartl
Ashley F
This review was posted at Tsuki’s Book Blog on July 15, 2013

I read the first two books in this series out of order and I'm glad I did since this one didn't work for me as well as the second one. While I liked this one it wasn't enough to make me read book two. Book two was enough to make me go back and read book one though and good enough to get me to look for book three.

Ella is Santo Corretti's personal assistant and she hates it. He is a complete playboy with zero boundaries, zero respect, and
Joyfully Reviewed
Sicily’s Corretti Dynasty, Book 1

Ella was tired of trying to save someone who didn’t seem to want to be saved. She finally sets out to realize her own dreams. Getting her foot in the door of Corretti Media is the first step in seeking her ultimate goal – a director in motion pictures! However, Ella finds that she may not get that achievement with the charismatic Santo, but she could still find her lust fulfilled since she is looking to walk away anyway. Santo has just watched his family life go
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Ella, a PA to a filmmaker Santo. Despite his playboy’s reputation and demanding attitude, Ella’s relationship with him are solely professional level. But thing changed when she spent a night with him after the wedding day disaster of his brother. Despite her vow of not to giving involve and commit herself in a relationship after the abusive marriage of her parent, she soon became attached to Santo and there are expectation on Santo unknowingly by her until Santo choos ...more
Mary
I enjoyed this book.

Santo Correntti's family is riddled with scandal. He is a huge
playboy and use to getting his way. He goes through women and PA's in blinding speed. With Ella he doesn't seem to be able to break through to her.

Ella is Santo's PA. She has a very messed up family. Her father is an alcoholic and abuser. He beats Ella so bad she lost all her teeth and has a scar on the back of the neck. She refuses to get involved with any man especially one like Santo.

They do get involved due to
Yulia Anggraini
3,5*...

sukaaa santo... :)
n g suka ella...grrr...
santo g memaksa atw merengek agar ella mw bhub lebih dgn x...dy ngaku klo dy menginginkan ella tp dy g memaksa/merayu ella....dy tw alasan2 ella menolakx n hanya butuh waktu ella sadar ap yg dy tolak...

kata2 santo ngena banget...rasain lw ella...ha ha ha...
#evillaugh

ella g mw bhub dgn pria ap lagi klo dy bekerja sbg pegawai c pria...cz dy g mw kjadian am ibux terulang lgi...bergantung pd pria yg memberix pekerjaan...

ella g mw itu terjadi padax maka
Tishke
The first book in the series about Sicily’s Corretti Dynasty by various authors.

A LEGACY OF SECRETS—Carol Marinelli
A FACADE TO SHATTER—Lynn Raye Harris
A SCANDAL IN THE HEADLINES—Caitlin Crews
A HUNGER FOR THE FORBIDDEN—Maisey Yates

Rie_dominique
yang saya suka dari buku ini adalah setting cerita yang bertempat di Italia. biasanya walaupun tokoh cowoknya para pria eksotis dari Eropa, lokasi cerita selalu bertempat di Inggris atau Amerika.

Selain itu tokoh ceweknya juga keturunan Italia sehingga memiliki temperamen yang cukup panas.
Donna
Loved it. A great introduction to a very complex family and its assorted machinations and secrets. Ella and Santo were wonderful as they learned to share and trust. Looking forward to more books in this series.
Dalimar
Me gustó,Santo es un amor y aunque a Ella queria golpearla la mayor parte de la novela,la entendí también y me gustó mucho que fuera una protagonista atípica de las novelas de Harlequin.
ChicaLectora
Lei este libro hace un tiempo y me gusto lo suficiente como para querer leer los otros. la historia no esta para morirse pero tiene una trama familiar interesantisima!
Camy Tang/Camille...: What are you reading? 64 22 Jun 10, 2013 09:11AM
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • Heir to a Dark Inheritance
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • An Inheritance of Shame (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #4)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • A Shadow of Guilt (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #3)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...

Sicily's Corretti Dynasty (8 books)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • A Shadow of Guilt (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #3)
  • An Inheritance of Shame (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #4)
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • A Scandal in the Headlines (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #7)
  • A Hunger for the Forbidden (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #8)
One Tiny Miracle Emergency: Wife Lost and Found Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8) Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)