Start by marking “A Rich Man's Whim (A Bride For A Billionaire #1)” as Want to Read:
A Rich Man's Whim (A Bride For A Billionaire #1)

A Rich Man's Whim (A Bride For A Billionaire #1)

A month with the ruthless Russian…

Kat Marshall has sacrificed everything for her younger sisters. And with money tighter than ever, she's in desperate need of help. Innocent Kat has hidden her dreams away until she meets enigmatic Russian, Mikhail Kusnirovich, whose outrageous offer could make them all come true….

Billionaire Mikhail doesn't have dreams. He has money, lots
Published April 23rd 2013 by Harlequin (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Rich Man's Whim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rich Man's Whim

Alex is The Romance Fox

Lynne Graham is one of my favourite Mills & Boon/Harlequin authors and I was really looking forward to her new series. Four sisters and their billionaire heroes……..what could be more exciting.

A rich man’s whim is the 1st in the A bride for a Billionaire Series and I was excited to discover that it had an older heroine ----a bit apprehensive about the Russian hero…I am not enamored by the new oligarch’s……but nevertheless I was prepared to overcome my prejudices and just enjoy the story.

I felt
Naksed
Jun 11, 2016 Naksed rated it it was ok
I liked that h was older than H, as that is not typical in a Harlequin. But she was just too self-deprecating and obsessed with her status as a spinster and cougar. Relax girl, you're only 35!

There was also too much of the martyr in her and those issues were never resolved at the end, especially with the bitchy sister that she martyrized herself for and who never realized all the sacrifices that were made for her. I mean, come on, give us some sort of comeuppance or grovel. But no, bitchy sist
Jenny
Apr 04, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Kat is determined to give her sisters the secure home and love that she herself had never known as a child because of their awful irresponsible mother. She has borrowed a small fortune to turn her old farmhouse into a bed and breakfast business but she is deep in debt and she knows that only a miracle will dig her out of the financial hole she is in. When Russian tycoon Mikhail Kusnirovich meets Kat and falls in lust with her she resists and rejects him. Since he is not used to women say no to h ...more
Linda Sims
May 20, 2013 Linda Sims rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GREAT START TO THE SERIES

How refreshing to have a heroine who's 35 and older than the hero. Plus she's nobody's pushover. I really liked her. I also liked him.
Kat Marshall is the oldest of her sisters and has always been both mother and father to them. But things are not good financially. When she meets Russian billionaire Mikhail Kusnirovich he makes it clear he wants her, but she's having none of it. Determined to have his way he buys up her debts. In exchange for her spending a month on his y
Jacqueline
This didn't really live up to its potential. Ultimately it was just okay. The heroine was older, the hero was Russian but the conflict felt a bit contrived.
Kate McMurry
Oct 22, 2016 Kate McMurry rated it it was amazing
Fascinating change of pace

Kat Marshall is a 35-year-old virgin who has spent the past 12 years raising the younger half-sisters that her callous, flighty mother has abandoned. Currently the bank is on the verge of foreclosing on Kat's bed-and-breakfast, which has been the only means of supporting her and her sisters all these years. In addition, Kat's 23-year-old sister is pregnant by a man she won't name and has come to live with Kat because she has nowhere else to go. Then suddenly, in the mid
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Kathy
Aug 19, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This was a pleasant surprise not only for the fact that the heroine, Kat, is older than most HP heroines (35) but also for her hero, the "younger man", Mikhail (30) who's Russian. Most HP heroes hail from Spain, Italy, and Greece with a few Frenchmen thrown in for variety and though most of Mikhail's Russian "flavor", comes from a sprinkling of Russian endearments and not exotic descriptions/visits to his homeland, it was still a nice change. In HP land suspension of belief is a necessity and th ...more
Gege86
Apr 25, 2013 Gege86 rated it really liked it
I'm in love, Omg, the hero was my dream personified.
I always love Lynne's characters, they are so believable, and super nice.
I don’t usually read a series when it's not finished yet, but with this one I made an exception, and I didn’t regretted it even for a bit. Although now I'm dying to read the rest, can't believe I have to wait a month for the next part.
Ps: loved the names of the sisters, amazing and so unique.
Kathleen
3.5 stars. I liked this one, especially the scene with the blizzard and the unexpected "guests" invading Kat's home. I liked the two lead characters.

Kat Marshall is a 35-year-old virgin. For a decade, she's been supporting and mothering her three younger half-sisters because "mommy dearest" abandoned them all. In this series of four books, each sister marries a billionaire. What are the chances!? LOL.

In England's beautiful Lake District, Kat's bed-and-breakfast is at risk of foreclosure, which i
Cem73
Jan 22, 2014 Cem73 rated it did not like it
Please please please ... Ms LG, i can deal (at last i try) with twenty something years old heroïnes TSTL , who have no selfestime , no pride , in front of a gorgeous arrogant-brat-macho hero , but a 36 years old heroïne !!!!! In front of a younger hero (30 years old) !!!! Come on , why are you always making your heroïnes soooo weaks , sooo innocents (in every sense of the word) , sooo clumsy ... sooooooo stupids in front of your brats-heros????

I know you can write greats stories with heroïnes wh
Lisa Kay
For me, this one ran the gamut from two stars to four. However, it might work for you. Some of the chemistry between the H/h was good. In the end, however, the hero was just too much of an arrogant, chauvinistic asshat with no regard for women for me to believe he changed that much by the close. ...more
Danielle
Miss_vanessa
Apr 11, 2013 Miss_vanessa rated it really liked it
Lynne uses many first in this book which makes it different from her others,Heroine older than Hero.A thirty-five year old virgin which takes breathe_away from hero.Likes the story_line.A true alpha hero who doesn't likes his weakness(towards heroine)tries to fight it.But true character he doesn't vocally abuse the heroine.He respect her for all she had done for her sisters.Have a morale code never ever tries to buy a woman.I love the love confession of hero as it wasn't the love at first sight. ...more
Tonya Warner
May 24, 2013 Tonya Warner rated it liked it
Kat Marshall finds herself on the receiving end of the force known as Mikhail Kusnirovich. Mikhail wants Kat, and he always gets what he wants. Even the fact that Kat has secluded herself and is still a virgin does not deter him.

Ok, For me, I liked the story, but was really turned off by some of it. I am sorry, BUT...5 years older than the man does NOT make you a cougar. 25 years, yes, maybe, but I am 5 years older than my husband and I have never been considered a cradle robber by anyone, but h
Cady Lorenzana
Aug 06, 2015 Cady Lorenzana rated it it was amazing
"I need you to stay because I can't let you go." -Mikhail.

The helicopter scene though. Enjoyed this one...and I think, would love to read the other sisters story.
Vashti
Nov 02, 2014 Vashti rated it really liked it
Enjoyed ut the second time around.
Maura
Fabiola Chenet
Lynne Graham se lâche... Après une héroïne tatouée, elle nous met une héroïne plus âgée que le héros...
Mais comme elle est faite sur le même moule que ses autres héroïnes, il n'y a pas beaucoup de différence. Heureusement, son comportement s'explique. Et j'ai bien aimé la lecture. Mais je préfèrerais que soit Lynne nous remet des héroïnes plus jeunes, soit elle les crée un peu différemment.
Je verrai bien ce que donne la sœur suivante.
Loata93
Jul 01, 2016 Loata93 rated it liked it
Was different how old the h was though (36) and a virgin to boot! Add the fact that he was 30..... like I said different, but not in a bad way I pretty much just rolled with it. Overall a nice story with your typical billionaire who is gods gift to women and a lil bit of an ass. I liked that he never accused her of being a gold digger as many other Hs do. It was a good read overall, I love Lynne Graham so go figure.
Mare
Mar 16, 2014 Mare rated it it was ok
Apparently book #1 in a series. Kat is 35 single & inexperienced. On a hiking trip billionare Mikhail & his friends stumble upon her b&b & it's lust at first sight for both. But Kat blisters & his arrogance & he takes that as a challenge. Weeks later he propositions her...and with her finances all messed up she has no choice but to agree...but its a rough road.
Elaine
Oct 16, 2014 Elaine rated it liked it
I enjoyed that Kat was slightly older than the billionaire. It made a pleasant change to have a mid thirties women as the object of romantic interest rather than a girl in her early twenties from a small town. Limited experience of the world which often the authors seem to opt for in these types of story.
Penny Watson
Feb 23, 2015 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found a rogue HP on my Kindle! I must have downloaded this a while ago and forgot about it.

RUSSIAN HERO ALERT!

I love Russian heroes. The heroine was a little bit prickly, but otherwise I enjoyed this one a lot.

Must look at the rest of the series...
I am Gamz
3 So-So Stars

Not the most exciting book to start my 2017 challenge with, but not a complete dud either.
The h is a 35 year old who has spent her adut life taking care of her three younger sisters that her irresponsible mother put into foster care.

She meets the H when he and and two friends show up to her bed and breakfast one stormy night. The attraction was there from the start but the h fought her desire for him. The H doesn't is ersistant and doesn't give up. He did what he felt he had to un
Leyns
Oct 25, 2016 Leyns rated it liked it
It was a decent mills n boon read. I liked how he made his own assessment of her character based on her history and actions and realised she wasn't a gold-digger all on his own without the usual drama and accusations. Her story was a bit odd, being a 35yr old virgin who was very naive and didn't know anything about men, sexual attraction or much at all. How do you get to be 35yrs old and be that clueless in this day and age I don't know.
Also, he was only 30yrs old to her 35yrs. I don't
bella ♔
I picked this up cheap in hopes of a semi ridiculous romance pick me up novel but this was terrible. The main love interest basically has the mentality that women should be "seen but not heard" and have no purpose but to serve men when suddenly Kat comes into the picture.

After he basically sexually assaults her, tells her he could 'see' that she was attracted to him and that's why he pushes himself on her, she accepts money to stay on a yacht with him for a month as his 'companion'.

All of a su
Claude Road
Yunita Taman
Dec 21, 2016 Yunita Taman rated it liked it
A quick read and a page turner. Mungkin tokoh-tokohnya terkesan agak self-oriented dan membingungkan tetapi aku lumayan suka dengan romance ala cinderella ini.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is book feels different for a Lynne Graham, although it also has her distinctive style. The heroine is older (35). She's actually three or four years older than the hero. She takes it harder than he does. I really liked Kat and Mikhail together. Mikhail is a good guy from the beginning. He's very Russian but not a stereotype. He's surprisingly kind and down to earth. I think because of his mother he does have a lot of respect for women. He values Kat as a strong woman who is independent and ...more
KC
Summary:
(view spoiler)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Forgiven But Not Forgotten?
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • A Whisper of Disgrace (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #5)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • Sale Or Return Bride
  • What the Greek Can't Resist (The Untamable Greeks, #2)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • Heir to a Dark Inheritance
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Hollywood Husband, Contract Wife
  • The Santorini Bride

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

A Bride For A Billionaire (4 books)
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride For A Billionaire #2)
  • The Billionaire's Trophy (A Bride For A Billionaire #3)
  • Challenging Dante (A Bride For A Billionaire #4)