Start by marking “Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)” as Want to Read:
Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)

Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Risking it all

Detective Melody Zachary is determined to find who killed her nephew in a drug-related murder. She's launched her teen center in his memory, to keep kids off the streets. And she'll prove to narcotics officer Parker Adams and his K-9 drug-sniffing partner, Sherlock, it's not a haven for dealers. As they risk their lives to save others,
Published May 7th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Scent of Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scent of Danger

Wendy Sparkes
Detective Melody Zachary has set up a teen centre in memory of her nephew Daniel to help teens like Daniel & keep them off the streets.

Only someone seems to think that it is the perfect cover to distribute drugs to teens.

That makes Melody furious. She is going to find out who is making a mockery of the centre. In doing so, she just may find out who killed Daniel. And that has now put her right at the top of someone's hit list!

A good continuation in the Texas K-9 Unit series - this is #5. I r
Lyre
A proper romantic suspense fiction.
The potential emotional impact from both the threats and the hurting part Melody faces are deepened her attraction to Parker, and the favor is mutual.
Transition between process steps within a suspense to romance process was featured as dependencies between two main leads, which can realize the equilibrium of beliefs and actions.
Mary Beth
Another good read in the series. I began to have a guess as to the identity of the Boss in the last book and that guess seemed to be supported in this book or else it sure is a good "red herring." I look forward to reading the next book to see if I'm right.
Jeanie
Terri Reed is a proven Christian romance/suspense writer, and she doesn't disappoint in this book 5 of the Texas K-9 unit series. Great research and understanding of the K-9 officers. Absolute surprise ending!
Mary
Written well as usual by Terri Reed, the loss of Detective Melody Zachary's nephew has pushed her into a search for the killer. Not wanting to believe that her nephew and sister were involved with the BOSS of drugs in the area, the investigation points that way. Melody has a partner at the Teen Center where she works some of the time, but another young detective begins to take on her obsession to find out who the BOSS is and why people have been murdered. He is kind, attractive and available...h ...more
Veronnica
As I am not a religious person, when I first realised that this book was faith orientated I was a bit put off at first. But reading it I was comforted that it wasn't full of religious messages. Despite this I didn't mind this book as I like saga's but from the get go I 'knew' who the suspect would be. That was a bit disappointing but the saga still continues which I like. Overall it was well written despite my perceived misgivings on the religious theme and I finished it with a sense that I want ...more
Jill
Love Inspired Suspense Texas K-9 Unit series It only took a morning to read. Brings in other stories from the series so you "know" some of the people. I had a couple of things figured out, sort of. Melody and Parker and his dog Sherlock save the day! Can they trust in love again? it is Love Inspired, so you can guess the ending!

I like this type of book because it is a quick easy read, the books fit in my purse for when I am waiting for something, and I don't really have to think too much as I re
John Hanscom
Probably one of the worst I have read, and I have read A LOT of these "love inspired suspense" novels (my wife got me hooked). The editing was so bad that, in one point, the dialogue was senseless. In addition, it is the 5th of a six part series of mysteries, and was so poorly written that, not only did I figure out from the beginning who the villain was, the book probably told me who the villain in the next book will be.
Readers Corner
The Texas K 9 Unit series continues as the team draws closer to finding who is head of the crime syndicate. Parker and Sherlock team up with Melody to find out who killed her nephew, and yes, Melody and Parker begin a beautiful love story.
Nina
Loved the book, full of lots of action, but my print copy some of the pages were in the wrong order, but I figured it out, and the book is great, have already starting reading the last book in this series.
Cathy Daniel
I don't know if its because I just read a few amazingly well written novels that this one seems so poorly done or if its just so poorly done. It just never grabbed me and I didn't care for the characters :(
June
Two thumbs up and 5 stars. This continuity series has been awesome and I'm looking forward to next months finale.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Sara
What a wonderful book in an amazing series.
Doris Ware
Good series. I read it on my kindle.
Jennifer Jerousek
Jennifer Jerousek marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Sune_friends4ever
Sune_friends4ever marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jan 04, 2015
Rhonda Key
Rhonda Key marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Katie Steiner
Katie Steiner marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Explosive Secrets
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Christmas Cover-Up
  • No Way Out
  • Treacherous Skies
  • The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)
  • Ricochet
  • Safe Harbor
  • Dangerous Melody
At an early age Terri Reed discovered the wonderful world of fiction and declared she would one day write a book. Now she is fulfilling that dream and enjoys writing for Harlequin's Love Inspired lines. She is an active member of both Romance Writers of America and American Christian Fiction Writers. She resides in the Pacific Northwest with her college-sweetheart husband, two wonderful children, ...more
More about Terri Reed...

Texas K-9 Unit (7 books)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Explosive Secrets
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6) Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1) Treasure Creek Dad (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #2) The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2) Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)