Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)

Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters #6)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Will You Marry Me?

Bold widow Johanna Yoder stuns Roland Byler when she asks him to be her husband. To Johanna, it seems very sensible that they marry. She has two children, and he has a son. Why shouldn't their families become one? But the widower has never forgotten his long-ago love for her; it was his foolish mistake that split them apart. This could be a fresh...more
Published April 23rd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Johanna's Bridegroom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johanna's Bridegroom

Natalie
Wow. This is one of my favorites of the series. The characters and plot are strong. This could be the best book of the series. I hope there are others at some point.
Janice Aitkens
I read this on the Kindle

This is the 6th book in the series & while it was still very good, i do have slight problem with that tit talks about Grace but having read the previous book so you know what happens it as if it running on different times as the epilog at the end of each books says 6 month 9 month or whatever period from the end of the main story
So this seems to then go back to before the end of the previous book ending so that why i not given it the full stars

All that said i still...more
Yazmin
In Johanna’s Bridegroom by Emma Miller, Johanna has been widowed for two years now and knows that she must marry and find a provider and father figure for her children. It’s part of their Amish believes, but she does not want to marry again. Her marriage was violent and she does not want to subject her children to the possibility of that again.

Roland Byler is a sought after widower. He is able to provide for a family and take good care of them. But he doesn’t want just anybody to be a mother his...more
Donna

Emma Miller shows the strength and determination found in Amish women when Hannah's eldest daughter, Johanna, stays with an abusive husband until she fears for her son's life. Wilmer eventually takes his own life and Johanna moves back home with her family.

Emma Miller goes into the thoughts and feelings of someone who has been abused and the battles they face after it ends. The fear and anguish doesn't end just because the abuse has ended. Now Johanna has to live with the fear that perhaps she c...more
Andrea Guy
I've read several of Emma Miller's Amish Series Hannah's Daughters. I have to say that though I love most of them, Johanna was the hardest of the women to like.

You got to know her more in Leah's Choice, and you know that her first marriage is not a good one. Her husband was an alcoholic and very abusive. However, like that book, this one is a slow start, even though an emergency sends Johanna back to her ex-beau.

There's so much drama involved in her past courtship with Roland, yet he is instant...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

Johanna's Bridegroom was entertaining. Johanna proposed to Roland her widower neighbor next door and he said no. Not without love. Then Roland begins to court her again but she is not sure she wants to remarry. Which I find funny.

Johanna is a widow with a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old little girl. She had a bad first marriage and left her husband. Their is no divorce in their community. She keeps bees,quilts to support her family. She lives with her mother a widow herself who never rema...more
Abbie
Johanna has been a widow long enough that she knows its time to remarry but after being in a abusive first marriage she is not sure she wants to remarry at all. The one man she can see herself with is the man who broke her heart as a teen. Instead of marrying for love she proposes to Roland as a marriage of convenience but Roland will have none of that. He still loves Johanna after all these years and his former marriage was not a marriage of love first and he will not do that again. Can he conv...more
Janine
"Johanna's Bride"was worth the wait that is for sure. The sixth book of Hannah's Daughters the story revolves around Johanna who is a widow of two children who really wants another baby, to the point to where she proposed to an old flame and widower. Though it is the sixth book of a series it can easily be read completely by itself.

I found the way "the foolish mistake" took its sweet time to finally come to light way too frustrating. Granted many may think think "the foolish mistake" was too sim...more
Kelley
Novel received courtesy of Goodreads.com giveaway

Although I haven't read any of the other books in the "Hannah's Daughters" series, I still felt as though I knew what was going on in the story. That is a credit to good writing; when the author gives enough information to a new reader while not droning on and on for old readers.

I particularly enjoyed becoming immersed in the Amish way of life. I learned some things and had some questions answered. The characters ran the gamut from Amish to Englis...more
Maggie
Frustrating book for me, largely because of Johanna's inability to trust Roland after being hurt (without knowing the full story) several years previously. She was far too impulsive and when her plans backfire, she ends up hurting not only herself, but others. Roland was a favorite of mine, though. He recognized his error, moved on with his life after Johanna married Wilmer, lost his wife and unborn babies, and continued to live life responsibly with his son. Heroic, if you ask me.

Not my favori...more
PWRL
Feb 10, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
April Suter
Johanna has healed from losing her husband from mental illness and has a new stirring in her life while she watches her sisters having babies. She realizes her children need a stable father and she a helpmate so she asks the neighboring widow, Roland, to marry her. He says no because he doesn't want a marriage of convenience but a marriage of love. Roland and Johanna have a past, before their first marriages, that just may become their future.

214 pages
Anne
Stayed up until 1:30 n the morning to finish this book in the Hannah's Daughters series. I have loved every book so far. Two more to go. Hope I have plenty of reading time ahead of me. Thank you Emma Miller.
Joanie
The widow, Johanna, asked Roland,her childhood sweetheart, to marry her but wanted a marriage of convenience since she had two children and he had one. The children needed two parents in her eyes. Maybe nothing else.
This book showed how tolerent and patient people can be. It was a good rainy(snowy) day read.
This "love inspired: tale was a goodreads "first reads" winner number 18.
Suzanne Bischoff
Emma Miller's series of Hannah's Daughters is a wonderful Christian, Amish, loving series. A marriage of convenience starts with a widow and widower, each having children. Yet, it is actually a long ago relationship that a silly misunderstanding causes each to go down different crossroads, they meet up again, for a new restart. How it ends, will be up to the reader to find out.
Carolyn E
I really enjoyed this book. It is the sixth book in Emma Miller's "Hannah's Daughters" series. I have now read all six books and loved all of them. I recommend this series to everyone who enjoys Amish stories.
Darlene Roy
This is my first book to read by Emma Miller but it won't be my last. I enjoyed the story very much. So much in fact that I went online and purchased the rest of the books of Hannah's Daughters so I can continue the stories of this amish family. I recommend as a good read.
Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis
I have enjoyed all of the book Emma Miller has written in this series. Johanna and Roland's story is about second chances. It has several twists and turns but in the end love wins out.

This book was given to me by NetGalley and Harlequin for a fair and honest opinion.
June
Another great story by Emma Miller. Been waiting for the good life to come around for Johanna. The girl's got to many fears in the way of her pride to make life comfortable. She does get things worked out thanks to the patience and love of Roland Byler.
Mindy Bollinger
I had been waiting for this book for a while and it was worth the wait. Loved how I could just pick up on the series that it is in and still remember the character and feel right into the store. Very easy to read and read in about 3 days.
Dawn
Another great book by Emma as part of Hannah's Daughters series. Johanna and Roland can't deny the love they have for each other. Pride and unwillingness cause problems for both. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Joshualyn Prater
The longest, dragging on book ever! I thought it would never end! I didn't like it at all.. very poorly written! The author focused way to much on small pointless details to fill up pages and it just drug on forever.
Mary Beth
I couldn't really like Johanna. I couldn't believe Roland kept coming back for more of her abuse. Very predictable.
Helen
Very good book- I loved it as I have all other books by Emma Miller!!!!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hannah's Daughters
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Hannah's Daughters
Category: Inspirational Romance
Susan
Great book! I love all the books by Emma Miller!
Ray
...don't waste your time
Teri
Loved it, very good read.
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • A Wedding for Julia (The Pebble Creek Amish #3)
  • Beyond Hope's Valley (The Big Sky Series, #3)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • Accidentally Amish (Valley of Choice #1)
  • A Revelation in Autumn (Discovery, #5)
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • A Hopeful Heart (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #1)
  • Threads of Grace (Patch of Heaven #3)
  • A Plain Scandal (Appleseed Creek, #2)
  • His Love Endures Forever (Land of Canaan Series #3)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • The Heiress's Homecoming
Courting Ruth (Hannah's Daughters, #1) Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3) Miriam's Heart (Hannah's Daughters, #2) Leah's Choice (Hannah's Daughters, #4) Plain Murder