Start by marking “Heart of Texas Volume 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas” as Want to Read:
Heart of Texas Volume 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas

Heart of Texas Volume 2: Caroline's Child\Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #3-4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  1,676 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Welcome to the town of Promise, deep in the heart of Texas! Promise, a ranching community in the Hill Country, is a place with a mysterious past and a secret or two hidden under its everyday exterior. It's also a place where family and friendship are the things that really matter....

CAROLINE'S CHILD

Who's the father of Caroline's child? Everyone in town wants to know, but
Published July 30th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Texas Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Texas Volume 2

Kayrene Smither
Mar 02, 2016 Kayrene Smither rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Loved this Macomber book about Texas. Actually "listened" to it on CD; very good. Love the characters and their stories of Promise!
Mareli
Jan 10, 2017 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In those two books we learn more about the third Weston brother, a bad seed and the old town, Bitter End reveals some of its secrets.
Marianne
Oct 03, 2012 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caroline’s Child is the third of the Heart of Texas series by Debbie Macomber. Promise’s postmistress, Caroline Daniels is the unmarried mother of five-year-old Maggie. While she’s known him for years, lately her verbal exchanges with Grady Weston, older brother of her good friend Savannah, have become remarkable in their rancour. Surprising, really, because she likes and respects the man, although his occasional shouting does upset Maggie. Eventually, Grady plucks up the courage to ask Caroline ...more
Adetia
Dec 16, 2012 Adetia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm particularly enjoying this series from Debbie Macomber. This set is based in the town of Promise, TX, and I really enjoy the smooth transition from volume to volume, as we get to revisit and build upon the story we have already come to love. This entry features the stories of Grady and Caroline, and Jane and Cal while allowing us to spend time with Suzanna and Laredo from Volume 1, as well as Elsie and Glen. We got to know many more residents of Promise in this volume, and as always with Mac ...more
Michelle Molinari
This is the combination (re-print) of two novels in the Hart of Texas saga (Caroline’s Child and Dr. Texas). I do love all these characters and I love how each book spotlights a different set of characters. These two highlight two different love stories and we find out who fathered Maggie! Instead of following just one character through-out the eight books, the readers gets to see everyone’s lives. A great way to keep the series going and keep the readers’ interest peaked.
Debbie
Sep 03, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lonesome cowboy/ Texas two-step. This is one of my favorite series of books by Debbie Macomber. I enjoy the series so much I own it. I enjoy how Debbie captures your attention and holds it through the whole story. The way she describes the town of Promise and the people it could be my home town. The town of Promise holds a secret and Savannah wants to know what it is. This series has a great story line and I enjoy how the characters are introduced into the story.
LInda L
Jun 18, 2008 LInda L rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is two books in one -- neither very good. Caroline's Child was completely predictable, sickeningly sweet, but a mercifully quick read. Really, the exact same thing can be said about Dr. Texas. The heroine in this one was at least somewhat refreshing. Some of the sub-characters were slightly more interesting.
Don't bother.
Kshydog
Jan 30, 2014 Kshydog rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked Caroline's child with the banter that went on between Grady and Caroline before they realized their love for each other. In Dr. Texas liked the determination of the female doctor in trying to get what she wants in visiting the ghost town and riding the horse. Liked how The postmistress stood her ground in after 10 years of just having a boyfriend.
Kare
Aug 14, 2009 Kare rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed her books because they are more gentle in lifestyle than some of my chick lit. No pre-marital sex, cursing is very light and rare. Easy reads, light-hearted. This series is more on the romances in the town of Promise, Texas. The Blossom Street series seems to focus more on different women issues. I've been reading from both sets and find them interesting for different reasons.
Judy Wise
Aug 02, 2011 Judy Wise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very much enjoyed storiy of Caroline and Grady as the progress find the way to each other and also the story of Cal and Jane. I like the way the author continues to update the people in the story that I am reading and those from the last books. I am beginning to feel like they are all old friends and do not want to put the book down.
I will be sad to end this series.
Virginia Markhart
Call me old fashioned, I really don't care. I loved this book about simple life. Aww. Small town USA. Gotta love it. This was a freebie picked up at my office. Good ole cowboy meets city girl, or cowboy meets town girl. Nothing better than seeing them fall
Jan Mcleod
I personally liked the second story, Dr. Texas, better than the first. It was interesting to read about small town America and the "tough" Texas men who fell like flies when they met the right woman.
Glenda L
Jun 25, 2010 Glenda L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two great stories ... Debbie Macomber style. The setting is Promise, Texas, a ranching community in the heart of Hill Country. What a nice place to live and raise a family, but there are always secrets in the town. It's fun to see what Debbie comes up with next.
Alex
Aug 15, 2013 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is volume 2 of the series that takes place in Promise, Texas. I am a sucker for Debbie Macomber and her tales of people who live in small towns. This was written before her Cedar Cove series and is just as good. You get involved in the characters lives and their problems. Good read.
Carol
Mar 22, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HEART OF TEXAS VOLUME 2 is a combination of two books by Debbie Macomber, CAROLINE' S CHILD and DR.TEXAS. Both books involve romance stories taking place in the small town of Promise, Texas. Touching, easy read.
Cathy
Nov 07, 2008 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love Debbie Macomber books and the way she writes and you get to know the characters. When I want a great easy read with happy endings I always choose Debbie Macomber.
Niki
This like all of Debbie Macomber books is easy and fast romances. I love to read them because they are clean and take my mind away very easily.
Brenda
Jan 03, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second novel of a 3 volume set. Was so good ... could not wait to start the next volume. Read all 3 volumes while on a weeklong trip.
Michelle
Mar 16, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a Debbie Macomber romance (actually it is two). Need I say more? There is a thread of mystery running through this series as well as the romance.
Tanya
Jun 12, 2010 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book a the car-ride from NC to PA. I loved this book as a follow-up to the first one and immediately started the third book in the series!! =)
Christel
Feb 21, 2008 Christel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: debbie-macomber
Not bad! Debbie Macomber has a way of writing stories that draw you into the storyline and the characters. I really have enjoyed her stories and characters.
Ann Boytim
Oct 18, 2013 Ann Boytim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading book - all the same characters in the first book and all their lives intertwining. I keep enjoying all of Debbie Macombers books
Maggie
Feb 26, 2009 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Vol 2 as much as Vol 1. Cute and romantic stories about people in small town TX. I'll go ahead and finish out the series and read Vol.3 once I pick it up at the library.
Jackie
Aug 27, 2011 Jackie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike her other books, you continue to follow all the characters from the first volume. Still waiting to crack the ghost town mystery.
Eileen
Aug 21, 2008 Eileen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kinda like a 'good ol' boys' story in Texas, but I recognized some of the names of cities. Easy. Light, great on the long flight from Barcelona to KC!
Dorothy Timm
Apr 26, 2013 Dorothy Timm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Debbie Macomber books and this was no exemption. Sweet, kisses but no sex. The only problem was that it started very slowly and it took a while to get to know the characters.
Lisa Lewellen
Jun 14, 2015 Lisa Lewellen rated it it was amazing
It's a Debbie Macomber novel. What can I say? There's always a little Mystery, Romance & Humor.
Marie Buccellato
May 30, 2014 Marie Buccellato rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart of Texas Vol 2 - Worth reading if you want a clean wholesome story about love & friendship in a town called Promise Texas. Vol 3 is next
DeAnna
DeAnna rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2011
Connie Richardson
Connie Richardson rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Madison Mega-Mara...: #53 - Heart of Texas Vol. 2 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 08:02AM
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • A Texas Christmas
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Heart of Texas (8 books)
  • Lonesome Cowboy (Heart of Texas #1)
  • Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #2)
  • Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)
  • Promise, Texas (Heart of Texas #7)
  • Return to Promise (Heart of Texas #8)