Cavanaugh on Duty

Cavanaugh on Duty (Cavanaugh Justice #24)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The past never dies…but it can kill

Esteban Fernandez has only one reason to live—and that reason vanishes when his cover is blown. As an undercover narcotics detective, Esteban wants to hunt the scum who killed his brother—and put his stepfather in prison for life. Reassigned and rootless, the brooding detective couldn't care less about t...more
Published May 7th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cavanaugh on Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cavanaugh on Duty

Susan
Excellent book. When his cover was blown Esteban was pulled off the undercover job he'd been working for three years. He's not happy to be working the streets again instead of going after the drug cartel and even less happy to be paired with the cheerful Kari. The attraction that leaps between them is even less welcome. He has spent the last three years keeping all hint of his emotions buried deep and he doesn't welcome their reappearance. He can't stop them and as he and Kari work on a case inv...more
Beth
Kari and Estaban weren't the smartest bulb in the Cavanaugh box. They totally missed the biggest oblivious clue giving way back in the story. That disappointed me so badly, that I wasn't even going to finish the book. Why would I feel that way?? Because I have read ALL the books in the Cavanaugh Justice series and enjoyed them greatly. I was hoping that maybe just maybe the ending had a twist to it that would make me think A DUH, of course Marie wouldn't have been that easily figured out. I was...more
Hina Tabassum
The story itself was good. But again, Ferrarella is tripping.

Andrew Cavanaugh's dad who was dead came back and his name was Seamus. In this book he has become Shamus! Why? What happened?

Not just that, he has a long lost brother too!

Then there is Sean Cavanaugh who was dating Sabrina Abilene who becomes Diedre Callaghan in this one. Sabrina was Matt Abilene mother whose name is also changed to Matt Callaghan.

Why?

As far as the story goes (for this couple) it was good. Met in high school (not reall...more
Kelly Klega
I like Marie Ferrarella and I like the Cavanaugh Justice series, but I have to say, how many serial killers can this town have before they stop referring to Aurora as a low crime small town? I feel like she's just kind of writing these using a "plug in the name here" formula, and I'd love it if she'd go back to the great characters and interesting story lines that I know she can write!
Pattianne
CAVANAUGH ON DUTY - CAVANAUGH FAMILY SERIES #24 (Kari and Esteban)

The past never dies; but it can kill

Esteban Fernandez has only one reason to live and that reason vanishes when his cover is blown. As an undercover narcotics detective, Esteban wants to hunt the scum who killed his brother and put his stepfather in prison for life. Reassigned and rootless, the brooding detective couldn't care less about the sexy cop he's now paired with and until they start finding bodies.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Cavanaugh Justice
Category: Suspense
"Concise, crisp storytelling combines with sympathetic, genuine characters for an entertaining heartwarming read." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Onesia Juliana
Onesia Juliana marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Amanda Conley
Amanda Conley marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Tammy Jones
Tammy Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Marie Rydzynski-Ferrarella
aka Marie Charles, Marie Michael, Marie Nicole, Marie Ferrarella

Marie Rydzynski was born on March 28 in West Germany to Polish parents. She moved to America at the age of four. For an entire year, Marie and her family explored the eastern half of the country before finally settling in New York.

Marie swears she was born writing, "which must have made the delivery especiall...more
More about Marie Ferrarella...
Dad by Choice (Maitland Maternity, #1) The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas, #2) Plain Jane And The Playboy (Fortunes of Texas: Return to Red Rock, #1) Alone in the Dark (Cavanaugh Justice, #8) Protecting His Witness (Cavanaugh Justice, #13) (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1515)