Start by marking “Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed” as Want to Read:
Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed

Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed

Hollywood costume designer Candace Reid would do anything for her gay best friend-even marry him! But before giving up on sex for a while, she needs that last fling. Only, when her injured grandfather asks for her help with his struggling Napa vineyard, her plan for Nooky Time is completely kiboshed...

Then she meets the mouthwateringly hot new groundskeeper, Oliver McKean,
Published April 23rd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Waking Up to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waking Up to You

Jun 03, 2013 MsChris1161 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, reviewed
Review for WAKING UP TO YOU:

This was a fun, romantic read with just the right touch of steamy sex and angst. Hollywood costume designer Candace has been a no work and no play for over a year when her best friend since childhood who just happens to be the latest big name in Hollywood's leading men asks her to commit to a marriage with him for at least the next five years. The caveat? No sex. Just as she agrees to this her grandfather is injured and she must rush to his side. There she meets Olive
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Mar 08, 2013 Eleanor (The Book Hammock) rated it really liked it
Can you say sweet cover? I know it's rather generic, and in line with the Blaze series, but I thought it's very sweet and romantic.

Now. When I requested this from NetGalley - and thank you to Harlequin for the ARC, much appreciated - I didn't know it's a two for one book. And you'd think loving the cover would clue me in. Oh well.

The first story is so surreal, it's fiction from start to finish. Not that I doubt there are gay Hollywood stars who marry to hide their sexuality, but let's face it -
Rachel rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Liz F
Mar 17, 2013 Liz F rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Sara at! :D

Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

This was another of the Harlequin Blaze: 2 For 1 books. All of the ones that I've read so far have been really solid, good books. Waking Up To You/Overexposed by Leslie Kelly was a little less fun than some of the others but was still a great read.

We start with Waking Up to You, which was set in one of my favorite places: California. Candace is a costume designer for the movies. She's been best fr
Diah Didi
I didn't expect to love it, but I did.
It's a light reading but heavy enough with the heat. It's predicted but I enjoyed it all the same. I loved Oliver and Candace's interactions. I loved their first met. I loved their first, and SECOND kisses. Yummy! And I almost cried when Oliver let her 'go' although he loved her so much.
Bless Tommy and Madison. And Buddy for being a matchmaker. :D
I wonder if Leslie Kelly is going to write about Madison. ^^

eARC provided by Harlequin via Net Galley.
Apr 21, 2013 Daniela rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-paperback
I love Leslie Kelly's books and was lucky to win this copy! Thanks!

This book was a well written, very funny and fast paced because of the short novel constraints but did not feel rushed. The characters were well developed, even the secondary characters were enjoyable. Candace and Oliver were really great! I would have loved to read more about them! I want to meet them! :)

My hardest struggle was reading the storyline. Candace promised her childhood friend that she would marry him so as not to out
Mar 24, 2013 Jeananna rated it really liked it
Waking Up To You:
Leslie Kelly NEVER disappoints!!
What a wonderfully written, fast-paced, sexy and light read!! I love when a book can make me laugh out loud and I like it even better when leading characters do not take themselves too seriously! This story is a great example of how starting a new relationship while keeping secrets will always backfire on you! LOL!
Candace is looking for a final fling before marrying her famous and gay BFF to help keep his secret. Oliver (love this name for a moder
Apr 07, 2013 Toni rated it really liked it
Leslie Kelly does a masterful job with her retelling of Lady Chatterley's Lover. How do you to turn a story about cheating into a story that really isn’t about cheating? By adding a couple modern day twists, of course. Candace (the heroine) isn’t actually married yet; simply engaged to her gay best friend Tommy. Tommy is a mega-movie star / action hero trying to avoid the tabloid rumors that he’s gay. He believes that such rumors will kill his action star career. He convinces Candace that five y ...more
Apr 15, 2013 Tessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, arc
Waking Up To You
This is the first book I have read by Leslie Kelly. I was intrigued by the cover and synopsis. I was not disappointed at all. I truly enjoyed the story. A very light, romance with heat to melt the walls. Oliver (love his name!) was all man but I felt for him and his past. Candace was spunky and really got herself in a pickle! Help her best friend by marrying him to hide his sexuality but by doing so giving up her happiness and love. Quick, easy, light. Definitely will keep an eye
Apr 17, 2013 Liza rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge Leslie Kelly fan and was super excited to see she had a new Blaze coming out. I was lucky enough to get a review copy from NetGalley thanks to the publisher.

Waking Up to You is one of my favorite Leslie Kelly books ever. That’s saying a lot since I own every single book she has ever written and have even had to replace a few copies because I’d re-read them so many times.

Candace has agreed to marry her gay best friend, and he even offers to pay for her to go to Paris to hook up to her
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This review and others can be found at my blog, My Written Romance. Just click here.

This book was OK for me. There were a lot of things that I enjoyed, however there were a couple of things that kept me from liking it more than I did.

I was a little disappointed in the back story that leads to Candace being in Napa. I'm sure the whole gay stars pretending to be straight by marrying the opposite sex still happens (God knows it happened in the past), but there are plenty of actors out there being p
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Forbidden Fantasies
Category: Passion
"Kelly succeeds with this sexy story, keeping the tension high..."RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
May 06, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
This book contains two full-length novels that are a must read. The interactions between all of the characters are so great that I could picture the scenes as they happened. Everything in the stories flowed so perfectly that I had a hard time putting it down because I couldn’t wait to find out what was going to happen next.

Waking Up to You:
Candace is a costume designer in Hollywood, and she would do anything for her best friend Thomas. He’s an actor who keeps his personal life very private, but
Renae rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
Christy rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Hsiau Wei
Jun 14, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
This book tells the story of Candace, agreeing to her gay best friend’s marriage proposal and before she enters into the arrangement, she promised herself to a trip to Paris and enjoyed herself to the fullest first. But her plan changed when her grandfather was hospitalized due to a fall. She went to help him out and it was there she met Oliver McKean, her grandfather’s groundskeeper. He is an attorney on a break turned wine grower. She felt the instant attraction and so is him. They came to an ...more
Jenn Cunha
Nov 24, 2013 Jenn Cunha rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, signed, bea-2013
Lila Hunter
Jun 20, 2013 Lila Hunter rated it really liked it
Shelves: format-english
Both reads are entertaining and sexy, but needed a better plot. It was almost as a quick walk-thru the characters lives. Both stories needed couple more chapters at the end to feel completed.
Candace Reid loves her behind the scenes Hollywood job. She enjoys designing all of the costumes for the latest hit movies. Her best friend, Thomas Shane, is normally the big, action-hero star of those movies. They have been friends since they were kids and only he, Candace and her sister know the truth about Thomas’ sexuality. When the Hollywood rumor mill starts running rampant around Thomas, Candace agrees to marry him, so he can keep landing the more manly roles. Candace thinks it is a win-w ...more
Dec 05, 2014 Gjbates rated it really liked it
I listened to this in an audio book and it was only Waking Up to You, the second book wasn't part of the audio.
Aug 23, 2013 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Well written love story that revealed a very good storyline and yet was not so long and drawn out you wanted to shoot it so it would finish. This one was very hot and left NO stones unturned and I'll be reading more of this author.
Donna Scoggins
Donna Scoggins rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Sep 19, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
although there was nothing really surprising in the plots of either Waking up to You or Overexposed, Kelly's characterization is great. Her sex scenes are sensual and creative. Quick, fun reads.
Irene rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2013
ToThePage rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Delia Binder
Jul 09, 2014 Delia Binder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
::A variant on this review was initially posted on - Call the score a 3-2/3:

This book more like a marketing thing than a creative thing - let's put the first of a new series by Leslie Kelly about twin sisters and their Hunky-But-Gay Movie Star BFF, along with a short novel from her popular "Santori Brothers" series, about ex-Marine Nick and the now-shapely dancer who's had a crush on him since she was ten years old and fat, Isabella.

"Heyyy! Can I Sell Ya a Two-Fer-One Book Deal...?"

Aug 20, 2015 Cris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moderno, romance, erotico
Eu tenho gostado bastante dos livros da Leslie Kelly, todos os que eu li até agora me agradaram.
Nesse, a mocinha recebe uma proposta de casamento de um amigo gay, ator de Hollywood, que precisa se casar para manter a reputação e afastar a imprensa de seu pé. Como ele é seu amigo de infância, ela aceita, mas antes de anunciar o noivado e passar os próximos anos na seca, ela precisa ir até a vinícola de seu avô, que sofreu um acidente, e passar as próximas semanas cuidando dele.
Só que ela não espe
RE Davis
RE Davis rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Selena rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
Amir rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Midnight Special / Coming on Strong
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • The Wedding Fling (Harlequin Blaze #734)
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • Lying in Bed
  • The Risk-Taker (Sweetheart, South Carolina, #1)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • Sizzle
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • Riding High (Sons of Chance, #14)
  • Seducing His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #3)
  • Back in Her Husband's Bed
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • The Professional \ The Player
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • One Good Cowboy

New York Times Bestselling author, Leslie Kelly writes sexy romances and dark romantic thrillers. A four-time RWA RITA Award nominee, eleven-time Romantic Times Award nominee and 2006 RT Award winner, Leslie has become known for her delightful characters, sparkling dialogue
More about Leslie Kelly...