Start by marking “Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)

Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek #6)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A Match Made in Texas

To escape a scandal in England, Violet Brookfield is sent to her brother's ranch in Texas. Soon she discovers that the vibrant new world and rugged trail boss Raleigh Masterson are perfect material for the Western she's writing. And when her time is up, she'll return to the nobleman she left behind.

Violet is the most elegant female ever to set foot in
Published May 7th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hill Country Cattleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hill Country Cattleman

Brittany
As I began reading this book, I realized that I knew the back story to a couple of characters. I was pleased to realize that I had read the first book in this series about Milly and Nick.

In Hill Country Cattleman, Violet has been delivered to Texas by her older brother, Edward. She has barely escaped a big scandal in England and Edward is hoping that some time in Texas with their brother, Nick, will make Violet realize that the man she thinks she loves is not worthy of her.

Violet believes she wi
Janine
"Hill Country Cattleman" by Laurie Kingery is the latest in the Brides of Simpson Creek series. I found the clash of cultures, American and British, to be interesting in the setting of the book.

Violet sadly just got on my nerves for a good part of the book. She seemed to be so flighty and frankly naive so much of the time. But as the book went on those things changed to where though she seemed flighty and naive, she matured and the combination of all those things made her endearing.

Raleigh is
Jess Schira
I receieved this book from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This book is a very sweet little romance novel that focuses on a love at first sight theme.

The Violet has been sent to visit relative in Texas after she finds herself embroiled in a scandalous romance with an unsuitable fellow. Instead of being bitter and angry about being parted from her lover, she sees the entire experience as a lark, something she can use as a basis for the novel she wants to write.

The fact that t
Rhonda
4 STARS
Simpson Creek, Texas—July 7, 1868 is the setting. Brides of Simpson creek book 6. This is the only of the series I have read and would love to go back and read them. I look forward to reading more from Laurie in the future.

Hill Country Cattleman is a cute old fashion western romance. It has a innocent Violet being escorted by her older brother to Texas where a different brother and his wife live.

Violet loves a older man Gerald the Earl of Lullington and was going to elope with him when he
Leah
Hill Country Cattleman is one of the first Love Inspired Historical books that I have read and it won’t be my last! While it was a short story, it was very sweet and I found myself enjoying the story from start to finish.
Violet has come to Texas in order to escape scandal back in England. She comes to her brother’s ranch and decides she wants to write a novel. Dreaming of returning to her love, Gerand, Violet makes the most of living in Texas. The setting of her life in Texas makes for the perfe
IrenesBookReviews
This story follows the relationship of Violet and Raleigh. They come from two different worlds, yet seem to be attracted to each other at first site. Violet is from England where she lived a very plush life. Raleigh is a farm hand in Texas. When Violet is sent to Texas to live with her brother she meets Raleigh and how they come to know each other is the whole of the story.

I gave this book 4/5 stars. I thought the idea of the story was a great one. How the characters meet and get to know each o
Amanda Caldwell
Hill Country Cattleman is my first Harlequin book. In the big scope of things, just recently did I start reading romances. I stayed away from Harlequin for the most part because I feared they'd be really cheesy. I didn't find that was totally the case though.

Hill Country Cattleman is about Violet Brookfield, who travels from England to Texas to avoid a scandal overseas after she became romantically involved with a playboy Earl. To save her good name, her brother Edward, packs her up and ships he
Ionia
I love interesting characters with a back story and this book is filled with them!

As a fan of romances where the characters have a believable conflict stopping them from immediately falling into each others arms, this book made my day. The author, Laurie Kingery has a very pleasant writing style and a nice way of making her characters interesting. I loved Violet from the very beginning. Rather than coming across as stuffy and uppity the way that many female lead characters do in romance novels,
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Before Lady Violet Brookfield falls into disgrace in England, she it brought to her brother's ranch in Simpson Creek, Texas. Violet pines for her love, but is thrilled to experience the West. With her first hand observations she can write her novel! Meeting Foreman Raleigh Masterson adds to the amusement of Texas. He can share local information with her and be a friend as she lives temporarily away from home.

A beautiful fish out of water is a fun theme to read. Violet might be from England, but
Megan
I've read all the previous books in the Brides of Simpson Creek series and loved them. So I just knew, barring something strange happening, that I would love this one too and I did :)

It's a little different from the others in the series as the bride isn't the one from Simpson Creek but I kind of liked the change.

I love how the couples from the previous books are in this one, which gives you a little update on how their lives together are going.

I would recommend Hill Country Cattleman and the B
Sharon
An aristocrat and a cowboy get together amidst impossible odds. Violet leaves England and a boyfriend to come to Texas with a brother to visit a brother. The Spinters' Club has been organized to help match up men and women. Violet attracts many would-be suitors to her refined looks and lifestyle. This is a good romance with a little suspense, some 'catty', jealous women, & some rough cowboys.
Shawn
This was my least favorite of this series. Just never could connect with Violet.
June
This is a great series. This time we get to meet the sister of the original groom who came from England. Nice to catch up with previous brides and see the good that has come to their lives and to see that there will more than likely be more books coming due to still single ladies in the Spinster's club.
Danica
Apr 11, 2013 Danica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: lih
I just really love Laurie's books, this series in particular. Plus I enjoy the English aristocrat in America themes. Fun to read.
Nancy A.
I love this book also. When are you going to write the book I can't wait.

Nancy Wilson
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Brides of Simpson Creek
Category: Inspirational Romance
Amy Lachina
Another sweet Simpson's Creek book!
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
linda Morrison
linda Morrison marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 04:34PM
1934565
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is http://www.lauriekingery.com. Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i ...more
More about Laurie Kingery...

Brides of Simpson Creek (8 books)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Preacher's Bride (Brides of Simpson Creek, #5)
  • A Hero in the Making (Brides of Simpson Creek, #7)
  • Hill Country Courtship
Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1) The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2) The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4) The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3) The Outlaw's Lady