Start by marking “Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)

Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek #6)

A Match Made in Texas

To escape a scandal in England, Violet Brookfield is sent to her brother's ranch in Texas. Soon she discovers that the vibrant new world and rugged trail boss Raleigh Masterson are perfect material for the Western she's writing. And when her time is up, she'll return to the nobleman she left behind.

Violet is the most elegant female ever to set foot in
Published May 1st 2013 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Hill Country Cattleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hill Country Cattleman

Brittany
Sep 13, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it
As I began reading this book, I realized that I knew the back story to a couple of characters. I was pleased to realize that I had read the first book in this series about Milly and Nick.

In Hill Country Cattleman, Violet has been delivered to Texas by her older brother, Edward. She has barely escaped a big scandal in England and Edward is hoping that some time in Texas with their brother, Nick, will make Violet realize that the man she thinks she loves is not worthy of her.

Violet believes she wi
Rhonda
Mar 20, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS
Simpson Creek, Texas—July 7, 1868 is the setting. Brides of Simpson creek book 6. This is the only of the series I have read and would love to go back and read them. I look forward to reading more from Laurie in the future.

Hill Country Cattleman is a cute old fashion western romance. It has a innocent Violet being escorted by her older brother to Texas where a different brother and his wife live.

Violet loves a older man Gerald the Earl of Lullington and was going to elope with him when he
Amanda Caldwell
Hill Country Cattleman is my first Harlequin book. In the big scope of things, just recently did I start reading romances. I stayed away from Harlequin for the most part because I feared they'd be really cheesy. I didn't find that was totally the case though.

Hill Country Cattleman is about Violet Brookfield, who travels from England to Texas to avoid a scandal overseas after she became romantically involved with a playboy Earl. To save her good name, her brother Edward, packs her up and ships he
Jess Schira
Apr 30, 2013 Jess Schira rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-challenge
I receieved this book from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This book is a very sweet little romance novel that focuses on a love at first sight theme.

The Violet has been sent to visit relative in Texas after she finds herself embroiled in a scandalous romance with an unsuitable fellow. Instead of being bitter and angry about being parted from her lover, she sees the entire experience as a lark, something she can use as a basis for the novel she wants to write.

The fact that t
Ionia
Mar 04, 2013 Ionia rated it really liked it
I love interesting characters with a back story and this book is filled with them!

As a fan of romances where the characters have a believable conflict stopping them from immediately falling into each others arms, this book made my day. The author, Laurie Kingery has a very pleasant writing style and a nice way of making her characters interesting. I loved Violet from the very beginning. Rather than coming across as stuffy and uppity the way that many female lead characters do in romance novels,
Leah
May 21, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Hill Country Cattleman is one of the first Love Inspired Historical books that I have read and it won’t be my last! While it was a short story, it was very sweet and I found myself enjoying the story from start to finish.
Violet has come to Texas in order to escape scandal back in England. She comes to her brother’s ranch and decides she wants to write a novel. Dreaming of returning to her love, Gerand, Violet makes the most of living in Texas. The setting of her life in Texas makes for the perfe
IrenesBookReviews
Feb 28, 2013 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it
This story follows the relationship of Violet and Raleigh. They come from two different worlds, yet seem to be attracted to each other at first site. Violet is from England where she lived a very plush life. Raleigh is a farm hand in Texas. When Violet is sent to Texas to live with her brother she meets Raleigh and how they come to know each other is the whole of the story.

I gave this book 4/5 stars. I thought the idea of the story was a great one. How the characters meet and get to know each o
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Before Lady Violet Brookfield falls into disgrace in England, she it brought to her brother's ranch in Simpson Creek, Texas. Violet pines for her love, but is thrilled to experience the West. With her first hand observations she can write her novel! Meeting Foreman Raleigh Masterson adds to the amusement of Texas. He can share local information with her and be a friend as she lives temporarily away from home.

A beautiful fish out of water is a fun theme to read. Violet might be from England, but
Megan
I've read all the previous books in the Brides of Simpson Creek series and loved them. So I just knew, barring something strange happening, that I would love this one too and I did :)

It's a little different from the others in the series as the bride isn't the one from Simpson Creek but I kind of liked the change.

I love how the couples from the previous books are in this one, which gives you a little update on how their lives together are going.

I would recommend Hill Country Cattleman and the B
June
Jun 17, 2013 June rated it it was amazing
This is a great series. This time we get to meet the sister of the original groom who came from England. Nice to catch up with previous brides and see the good that has come to their lives and to see that there will more than likely be more books coming due to still single ladies in the Spinster's club.
Sharon
Feb 23, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it
An aristocrat and a cowboy get together amidst impossible odds. Violet leaves England and a boyfriend to come to Texas with a brother to visit a brother. The Spinters' Club has been organized to help match up men and women. Violet attracts many would-be suitors to her refined looks and lifestyle. This is a good romance with a little suspense, some 'catty', jealous women, & some rough cowboys.
Mom
Jan 27, 2017 Mom rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Nancy A.
I love this book also. When are you going to write the book I can't wait.

Nancy Wilson
nawilson820@yahoo.com
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Brides of Simpson Creek
Category: Inspirational Romance
Danica
Apr 11, 2013 Danica rated it really liked it
Shelves: lih
I just really love Laurie's books, this series in particular. Plus I enjoy the English aristocrat in America themes. Fun to read.
Shawn
Apr 09, 2014 Shawn rated it it was ok
This was my least favorite of this series. Just never could connect with Violet.
Amy Lachina
May 18, 2013 Amy Lachina rated it really liked it
Another sweet Simpson's Creek book!
Kathy Boshart
Kathy Boshart rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Mimi
Mimi rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2014
Savanna Kaiser
Savanna Kaiser rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2014
Mary Miller
Mary Miller rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Olivia Phillips
Olivia Phillips rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Janis Kay
Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Brides of Simpson Creek
Category: Inspirational Romance
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Nidhish Trivedi
Nidhish Trivedi rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 04:34PM
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3)
  • The Outlaw's Redemption (Charity House, #6)
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • The Rake's Redemption (The Everard Legacy, #3)
  • The Reluctant Earl
  • The Runaway Bride
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • Love on the Range
  • The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Patchwork Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #2)
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Groom Wanted (Bowen, #3)
1934565
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is http://www.lauriekingery.com. Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i ...more
More about Laurie Kingery...

Brides of Simpson Creek (9 books)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • The Preacher's Bride (Brides of Simpson Creek, #5)
  • A Hero in the Making (Brides of Simpson Creek, #7)
  • Hill Country Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #8)
  • Lawman in Disguise (Brides of Simpson Creek, #9)