Start by marking “Red Holocaust (Deathlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Holocaust (Deathlands, #2)

Red Holocaust (Deathlands #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  358 ratings  ·  14 reviews
But the future in a world shrouded in the radioactive red dust clouds of a generation-old global nuclear war depends on finding hidden caches of food, weapons and technology the legacy of a preholocaust society stashed in lonely outposts known as redoubts.

When Ryan Cawdor discovers a redoubt in the bitter freakish wasteland that now passes for Alaska, he also uncovers a

Published November 1st 1997 by Gold Eagle (first published August 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Red Holocaust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Holocaust

The Stand by Stephen KingThe Road by Cormac McCarthyThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsWorld War Z by Max Brooks1984 by George Orwell
Best Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
343rd out of 699 books — 2,132 voters
The Man Who Watched The World End by Chris DietzelIn The Devil's Own Words by Elizabeth WixleyReflections by Elizabeth WixleyOrigins by S.E. MeyerThe Harvest by Anne Ferretti
Lesser Known End of the World Fiction
17th out of 89 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Joe Stamber
What's wrong with the Deathlands series? Every time a weapon is mentioned, regardless of how often it has been mentioned before, the full name is given along with the ammo it fires. Each time a character is described we also get descriptions of all the weapons he/she is carrying. Now that I'm on the third book (the one after this one) this anal attention to detail is starting to drag. What's it all about?

At the start of this (audio) book were several previews... that's right, previews in an aud...more
Ana Mardoll
Deathlands 2: Red Holocaust / 0373625022

Someday, scientists will locate the part of the brain that enjoys Deathlands. I hope so, because I'm curious to know why I like these books. They're full of every trigger warning imaginable -- death, murder, guns rape, torture, bestiality, mutant animals chewing your face off, and painful grotesque radioactive deformities. Fun for the whole family!

However, they're also delightfully campy in a B-movie kind of way. The heroes are fun to laugh at, as well as...more
Pablo
This book is not very good. And yet I had to read it until the end. It is what it is, if you don't have any expectations. It is a good book to read on the toilet.
Mitchell
this series is a guilty pleasure of mine..
Scott
This is book 2 (out of 44) in the post-apocalyptic Deathlands series and it's already losing my interest. It lacks the main character Trader from the first book and the prequel (actually book 44 in the series) and instead, we have the generic, perfect, macho, one-eyed swashbuckler, Ryan. Trader was a detail-oriented badass with weakness, wisdom, age. Ryan gets mad a lot and wears an eye patch. Ryan is that guy on Harlequin covers kissing the flowing red-haired girl (Krysty Wroth in this case) wi...more
Nick
For most of the way through the book I was giving this one two stars, and only the ending bumped it up to three as it was fun action-adventure fare with huge explosions and the main antagonist, who I must admit was very well written, got it in the neck.

Directly on the heels of the previous book however, this was quite disappointing. The relationship between the two main characters continues to develop, as expected, however doesn't feel organic or real, and veers at times towards a saccharine tha...more
Cherie
My ratings system is as follows. One star is GOOD. The book is entertaining, easy to read and you don't want to stop reading because something about the book is compelling you not to. Two stars is GREAT! This time the story is not only entertaining, but highly creative, unique, easy to read and hard to put down. Three stars is EXCELLENT. Here the book has all aspects of one and two stars, but now the book is thought and emotionally provoking. Four is AWESOME. This is the read that is not only cr...more
Wendy
Read August 27, 2006

I am really enjoying this series of books. This one follows Ryan and his group after they find a 'redoubt' and end up traveling from the Deathlands to the frozen wastes of what was once Alaska where they face a band of Russian murderers attempting to invade America.

I really am looking forward to more of these books. I have #3 which I plan to read next. I have a couple more on order from PBS to fill out the beginning of the series, although I am still in search of #4 Crater L...more
Mike
Been reading the series since the 80's. They are just easy reads. Makes you wonder if you could go on knowing the chips are always done and stacked against you every day.
Gabriel Neve
This one had some pretty gross mutilation in it along with strong sexual content. However, the story was good and brought in some new antagonists who survived to return another day, I would assume.
Edelhart Kempeneers
Heel goed geproduceerd (audioboek; met verschillende stemacteurs en geluidseffecten), maar het verhaal is nogal dunnetjes.
Ray
It was a fairly quick read. I enjoyed the story very much. It was full of surprises and unexpected moves.
Tim
Still suck. Only 40 some odd more to go...
Jamie
pretty good.
Leanne Scurr
Leanne Scurr marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Abraham Reed
Abraham Reed marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Neil Driscoll
Neil Driscoll marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Abbey
Abbey marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Roy Tabino
Roy Tabino marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Mary Holowati
Mary Holowati marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
E
E added it
Aug 28, 2014
  • Savage Planet (Saucer, #3)
  • The Alien Years
  • Gabriel's Watch (The Scrapman Trilogy, #1)
  • After Worlds Collide (Worlds Collide, #2)
  • Dark Universe
  • Aftermath (Supernova Alpha, #1)
  • John Carter's Chronicles of Mars (Barsoom, #1-5)
  • The Ballad of Beta 2
  • Goetia (Hellgate: London, #2)
  • Expatriates (The Coming Collapse)
  • The Devil Next Door
  • Hammerhead
  • Fallout (Haan, #2)
  • Burn
  • Ice, Iron, and Gold
  • Gauntlet (Star Trek: Stargazer, #1)
  • The Cost of Victory
  • Holding Their Own: A Story of Survival (Holding Their Own, #1)
James Axler is a house name used by the publishing company Gold Eagle Books, the action adventure series published by Harlequin Enterprises Ltd.

The name was first used for the "Deathlands" series, which began in 1986 with Pilgrimage to Hell, co-written by Christopher Lowder (under the pseudonym Jack Adrian) and Laurence James. James went on to write the next 32 novels before passing away on 9 Febr...more
More about James Axler...
Pilgrimage to Hell (Deathlands, #1) Neutron Solstice (Deathlands, #3) Crater Lake (Deathlands, #4) Homeward Bound (Deathlands, #5) Pony Soldiers (Deathlands, #6)