Start by marking “Starworld (To the Stars, #3)” as Want to Read:
Starworld (To the Stars, #3)

Starworld (To the Stars #3)

THE RETURN OF THE REBEL
The stars are afire with rebellion against the tyranny of Earth. Jan Kulozik, rebel in exile, returns home as a prisoner on a ship bearing a cargo of death. But Kulozik escapes his captors and ignites the flames of revolt across half a world. With the aid of Dvora, a lovely but lethal comrade-at-arms, Jan races toward a rendezvous with destiny, and
Mass Market Paperback, 198 pages
Published April 9th 1981 by Bantam Books

To ask other readers questions about Starworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starworld

Timothy Boyd
May 10, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
Good solid SiFi trilogy by one of the masters of the genre. Recommended
Simon Forward
Jul 28, 2013 Simon Forward rated it it was ok
The thing about trilogies is that you’re in it for three books. Seems kind of obvious, but that’s triple the investment of time and attention and tends to put the third and final chapter under additional pressure to deliver a resolution that really makes it all worthwhile. More so in something like this over Deathworld, which can be seen as just a linked series of individual adventures. With this there is a palpable sense that the author is taking us somewhere. Somewhere profound, we hope, but ...more
Eric
Sep 30, 2014 Eric rated it really liked it
At long last I've read the last book in the series.

Trilogies - they can be frustrating; the middle book especially. The second volume of this trilogy was such a departure from the promising first that I and no desire to pick up the third for four months. Thankfully this last volume was a return to the fun Cold War-like setting but this time much if it taking place on board ships in space.

Revolution has come to Earth and Jan Kulozik is leading the charge for freedom from the oppressive governmen
G33z3r
"Starworld" concludes Harrison's "To the Stars" trilogy (Homeworld, Wheelworld) by returning to Earth. Thurgood-Smyth, the evil, manipulative brother-in-law working for state security reprises his role as the Machiavellian puppetmaster, as once again our hero, Jan, falls into his web of intrigue.

This time, we get a short space fleet battle as an extra, as the makeshift fleet of the rebel worlds launches a desperate assault against Earth; it's a battle marred by simplicity and the old "crazy, inc
Jeffery
I have the belief that the last book in a series, trilogy, or whatever should be better than the first book. Sadly, this is not true for the last volume in Harry Harrion's To the Stars trilogy. The first volume introduced us the the dystopian future earth; the second allowed us a view of one of the colony worlds. For the protagonist, those book were a preparation for the battle that I expected to happen in this final book. There was a battle, but for the most part, the plot centered on a "double ...more
Sean Randall
Aug 06, 2009 Sean Randall rated it liked it
A fairly average novel tying up everything that happened in the first two, I guess. I enjoyed it more than the predecessors because it contained more action, although the first in the series was more gripping, in a secret police state kind of a way.

here, the action was enjoyable, the space warfare and technology well-thought-out and applied and the treachery and double-crossings endless. All though a little predictable at times, an interesting series (although I'm sick of females just in for the
Eric Lawson
Starworld is the finale in Harry Harrison's To The Stars trilogy. After controlling every other planet The rebellion is finally attacking earth. Jan Kulozik is necessary in the final attack.

A great part of this book is the space battle. It laughs at movies like Star Wars and explains exactly how battles in space need to occur. One downside is that the book ends very quickly after the climactic battle. It would have been good to see some of the repercussions of what occurred with some follow up.
Jason
Jan 13, 2014 Jason rated it it was ok
The edition I read is not the one presented in the thumbnail. I must say I was vastly disapointed in this book. It is short (under 200 pages) and yet it took me months to get through. It's trite and stuttery at the best of times and downright simple at the worst. Just as the book would pick up the author would interject to spend three pages explaining some new (at least in the 70s) theory of sciecne or to poke fun at things like Star Wars. I was just not impressed.
Deborah Ideiosepius  omnivorous reader
I read this trilogy when I was about twelve and adored it with passion. Sadly I no longer have the three books (moving countries and hemispheres does that to one's collection) so I could only re-read the last of the three. I plan to get them all back some year and read them back to back.

The 'To the stars' trilogy is still every bit as kick-arse as it was back when I was a mad-keen, uncritical twelve year old sci-fi brat.
Jake Jackson
Aug 15, 2012 Jake Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harry has just passed on. This is the first of his books I read, out of sequence, but I've always enjoyed his fiction and this edition, published in 1981 has lived with me for 30 years. Thank you Harry. See you on the other side of the galaxy!
Brandon
Apr 13, 2016 Brandon rated it really liked it
A decent ending. Not a fan of some of the romantic aspects, but then I rarely am. The third book stuck the least in my memory, and overall was the least enjoyable of the series. But even the least enjoyable of this particular set was good.
Kevin
Dec 30, 2012 Kevin rated it liked it
Part 3 in the To the Stars series, this one was more like the first one and a little too random for my liking. The space battles were cool though.
Larry Earnhart
Larry Earnhart rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Russel
Russel rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2010
Tracy Hartwig
Tracy Hartwig rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Tony
Tony rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2013
Allan
Allan rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2011
Howard
Howard rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2011
Tenshieternal
Tenshieternal rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Jörn
Jörn rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2010
David
David rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Jason Lairamore
Jason Lairamore rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
1966 Yamaha
1966 Yamaha rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Evan
Evan rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Michael Laird
Michael Laird rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Jeff Power
Jeff Power rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
skribe skribe
skribe skribe rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2013
John
Jan 13, 2012 John rated it liked it
Grade C+. Book W3.
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
  • Footrot Flats 1 (Footrot Flats, #1)
  • Here Comes Garfield
  • The Complete Peanuts, 1955-1958
  • MAD's Greatest Artists: The Completely MAD Don Martin
  • Steven Moffat's Doctor Who 2010: The Critical Fan's Guide to Matt Smith's First Series (Unauthorized)
  • Tintin in the New World
  • The Boys Book
  • The Leaky Establishment
  • The Unseen University Cut-Out Book
  • The Mammoth Book of New Comic Fantasy
  • The Oxford Book of Fantasy Stories
  • Far Horizons: All New Tales from the Greatest Worlds of Science Fiction
  • Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide
  • Summertide (Heritage Universe, #1)
  • The Far Side Observer
  • My Favorite Fantasy Story
  • Break Into Fiction: 11 Steps to Building a Story That Sells
  • Essential Avengers, Vol. 4

Harry Harrison (born Henry Maxwell Dempsey) was an American science fiction author best known for his character the The Stainless Steel Rat and the novel Make Room! Make Room! (1966), the basis for the film Soylent Green (1973). He was also (with Brian W. Aldiss) co-president of the Birmingham Science Fiction G
More about Harry Harrison...

To the Stars (3 books)
  • Homeworld (To The Stars, #1)
  • Wheelworld (To the Stars, #2)