Start by marking “Wildewood Revenge (The Wildewood Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wildewood Revenge (The Wildewood Chronicles, #1)

Wildewood Revenge (The Wildewood Chronicles #1)

A knight. A witch. A Secret.

When Grace, a twenty first century heroine, is accidently transported through a time portal into the clutches of an impoverished medieval knight with one eye on her ransom, we are treated to a brilliant evocation of medieval England which heaves with corruption and intrigue.

The remote and beautiful wilderness of ancient Northumberland rings out
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 268 pages
Published October 2nd 2012 by Taylor Street Publishing

Anne
Oct 15, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
Really well written story and in depth characters although it is left on a cliff hanger but there is now a follow up novella and three more prequel novellas to come soon before the second book. This is truly a great read! Highly recommended!
Jane
Mar 23, 2013 Jane rated it really liked it
This was a good read, more in the style of historical romance than fantasy adventure, which is what I imagined it would be. I mistakenly thought Grace was a teenager to begin with, and found her relationship with Miles a little bit disturbing until I realised she was in fact much older. Once that point was cleared up I found Grace a great character, strong, but not brainlessly spunky. She is consistent in the way she behaves and sticks to her guns throughout.
Miles is a perfect mate, good to look
AnnMarie
Mar 03, 2013 AnnMarie rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that once you pick it up it's hard to put down, and when you finish you want to read more. There is another book in the series, that hasn't been published yet, but it's definitely on my to buy list, I can't wait.
Phyllis
Feb 01, 2016 Phyllis rated it really liked it
There is something about time travel, cliff hangers and knights that, for me, I can't resist. This was a quick read and I will definitely read the next in the series.
Jessica
Feb 25, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
This book was surprisingly good. I wasn't sure what to expect since I got it as a free read on Amazon but it really exceeded my expectations. Miles of Wildewood was a brave and honorable knight. He obviously had some issues to work out do to the crusades and was a little cruel at times but I just loved him. His heroine, Grace, was also wonderful. She was a brave smart women sucked back in time and a prefect match for Miles. My only complaint is the cliffhanger. I will anxiously await the next ...more
Emma
Oct 15, 2016 Emma rated it it was amazing

Warning though - ends on a cliffhanger and no sign of a sequel (this was written in 2012), just prequel novellas.
Tricia Drammeh
Apr 22, 2014 Tricia Drammeh rated it it was amazing
Grace is taking a lonely walk in the woods, when suddenly she finds herself injured, hundreds of years in the past, and being held for ransom. She's taken to Wildewood against her will, and it isn't long before Grace realizes exactly how much danger she's in. In a world where women are in need of protection, where the smallest accusation can result in cries of witchcraft, where modern conveniences are hundreds of years in the future, Grace must tread very carefully. The struggle to survive soon ...more
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
Wildewood Revenge is book one of the Wildewood Chronicles. Grace begins her day in the year 2012 only to find she has somehow found herself transported back through time in the year 1275. She is injured and is involuntarily in the care of Miles, a knight, who has other plans for her.
I really liked Grace’s personality, and her ability to adapt to her situation. She is strong willed and very free spirited, traits that really turn heads in medieval times! She has a lot of moxie, and her character w
Afton Nelson
Apr 23, 2013 Afton Nelson rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
Kind of a watered down version of Gabaldon's "Outlander" with an offensive misuse of apostrophes. Lacking in character development and the kind of details that endear the reader to the character. There were plot holes. Grace's big 2011 career killing tragedy was never completely explained, or explained very well. Grace fit in WAY too easily into the 12th century, and the things she carried in her pocket when she crossed over were ridiculous. Who carries a matches and a packet of sunflower seeds ...more
Paul Trembling
Jan 27, 2016 Paul Trembling rated it really liked it
It could be a pretty standard romance. Two strong characters, attractive people with interesting pasts and secrets to keep. A good start for a story in itself, but this has the little added twist that Grace is from here and now, whilst Miles is a medieval knight! A fascinating scenario, and one that the author develops with a lot of style and pace. The story is set in the wild and beautiful county of Northumberland, and one of the things I particularly liked was the way that the landscape links ...more
Debbie
May 25, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
Really really enjoyed this book. Was arrrgghhhh when the end was a cliff hanger BUT still in all great book. The next in the series will be on my kindle as soon as it is available!
✦⟣Kelly⟢✦
A completely engrossing and an enjoyable book. Grace was such a quirky, spunky and likable character and the perfect foil for Miles battle scarred, hardened soul. The cast of characters and the world building were very well done. Filled with a diabolical villain and a few plot twist some obvious and some not so obvious. It kind of end with a cliffhanger and it did what it intended-to get me read the next book!
Adriana
Sep 13, 2015 Adriana marked it as to-read
Description of books from Amazon:

A knight. A witch. A Secret.

The remote and beautiful wilderness of ancient Northumberland rings out with the sound of clashing swords, the hiss of arrows, thundering hooves and the chink of co
Char
Mar 30, 2013 Char rated it really liked it
Loved this time travel piece. Grace is from 2012 fiesta and turns out really brave in an uncontrollable way. She is keeping her secret from Miles the knight who finds her, takes her in and of course falls madly in list then love with her. She is not the only time traveler though. The forest, the castles and the king are tied in a web of intrigue and deceit which puts the two,lovers at great risk of getting killed. In the end, the end is really a start of a sequel which is not out yet and this ...more
J.L.
Mar 07, 2013 J.L. rated it really liked it
An enthralling tale of Knights and a fair damsel in distress, in true British tradition. Except this damsel, Grace, is a girl with a difference.
But the Knights cannot fathom what the difference is, they've never heard of time travel.
I've only one complaint about this atmospheric and very well-written story. The ending has left me somewhat in the air. There were still threads to unravel - and I was relieved to see there is a sequel.
Shelley
May 05, 2015 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well worked time travel story. Miles bears the French accent of the Norman ruling class, Grace reveals the complexity of the modern woman facing the culture of medieval society.

I enjoyed this book immensely and have ordered the novellas, which are prequels to this novel.

My only disappointment? Not knowing when book 2 is due!!

Kristen
Sep 04, 2013 Kristen rated it really liked it
This book by B A MORTON is completely different to Mrs Jones and Molly Brown but just as entertaining. The main character is accidentally thrown back in time and falls for the charms of a medieval knight.
Lighter than her others books but a thrilling read, nonetheless.
Sharjez
Jul 18, 2013 Sharjez rated it really liked it
Good book but it ends in a cliffhanger. Second book has been "Coming Soon!" for a while so it could be any day now.
Kathleen Ruggio
Kathleen Ruggio rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
Lisa V.
Lisa V. rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2014
Tracy D.
Tracy D. rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Nicole Craghead
Nicole Craghead rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Christine Black
Christine Black rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it did not like it
Jun 17, 2014
Robbie Gaffey
Robbie Gaffey rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2013
Eileen Lloyd
Eileen Lloyd rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Littleannak
Littleannak rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Just a Matter of Time
  • Circles in Time
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • The Last Highlander
  • Another Dawn
  • Enemy of Mine (The Glimpse Time Travel #1)
  • The Time Baroness
  • Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1)
  • Everything in Its Time (Time After Time #1)
  • The Pocket Watch (The Pocket Watch Chronicles #1)
  • Time Will Tell (Timeless, #1)
  • Highland Defiance (The MacLomain Series - Early Years #1)
  • A Highlander In Her Past (MacKay Clan, #3)
  • Hidden In Shadows (Haunted By The Past, #1)
  • The Bride of Time