Start by marking “White Christmas” as Want to Read:
White Christmas

White Christmas

Everyone dreams of a White Christmas.

But nobody dreams of one quite as much as Hal Benson.

An out-of-work actor, Hal has been hired as a stand-in weather forecaster by a ratings-chasing news channel. Hal couldn't care less whether it rains or not. It is just a job.

But then he meets Lizzie Foster. A rival weather forecaster, on a far more serious channel, Lizzie is bright
Published November 3rd 2012 by Endeavour Press Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about White Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Christmas

Jo
Dec 29, 2013 Jo rated it liked it
Quick quirky read regarding 2 weather presenters - one who is a very serious well educated in the field, Lizzie and one an actor who has just go the gig for 4 weeks, Hal.
Predictable but still a fun read!
Chanpreet
Apr 24, 2017 Chanpreet rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

This one was a bit quirky, but I loved the idea of having a bet of whether or not there was going to be a white Christmas and that bringing two unlikely people together!
Katie
Dec 05, 2012 Katie rated it did not like it
It was okay to start but then it felt really rushed. The whole part about the competition between the two main characters was a weak and unnecessary addition. It could have been good, if it had been a more integral part of the story instead of just mentioned briefly toward the end of the book in a throwaway manner.
Yvonne Morgan
Nov 02, 2015 Yvonne Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: festive-magic
This was my 1st book by this author and I can safely say it will not be my last...I liked her style of writing.. loved the storyline and the characters....a lovely festive read...the only downside was it was too short...would have enjoyed a few more chapters....Recomended
Butterfly2507
Jan 01, 2016 Butterfly2507 rated it did not like it
Why was this so rushed? I mean it started off quite nicely but you never really got fully introduced to the characters. Plus these two kind of suck at flirting. Like they met for the first time and he asks her if she thinks they'll have snow for Christmas?

Thank God it only had 70 pages.
Tabniss
Nov 23, 2015 Tabniss rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kurzgeschichte schön und gut dafür sehr schwache Ausarbeitung der Handlung...ganz nett für weihnachtliche Stimmung zwischendurch aber das wars auch schon...leider
Pamela D
I wanted to love this novella so much! The first two-thirds of the book were great. Lee-Potter does a nice job of introducing the reader to Hal and Lizzie (the book's love interests) and slowly developing their love. It was refreshing to have a novella that didn't have a heavy insta-love feel to it. I thought Hal and Lizzie had a fairly natural-feeling relationship. I felt that the reason they met (Hal had to go to Lizzie's class on meteorology) and why they continued to spend time together (tal ...more
Julie Morales
Dec 14, 2016 Julie Morales rated it liked it
A FUN, LIGHT-HEARTED READ

This was a short romance of sorts between an unlikely pair.
She's a legitimate meteorologist working for what appeared to be a successful TV station. He's an actor, drifting from part to part and lands a job at a rival station as a temporary weather forecaster. The stations couldn't be more different in their approach, and the couple couldn't be more different in the way they do their job.
Lizzie's station apparently wasn't doing as well as she thought and was bought out b
Jacqueline
Oct 31, 2013 Jacqueline rated it liked it
Everyone needs a bit of pre-Christmas escapism, so make yourself a hot chocolate (or mulled wine), grab a mince pie (it's never too early for mince pies) and give yourself a couple of hours me-time with Emma's novella White Christmas. Perfect to get you in the right frame of mind for all the shopping, card writing and pressie wrapping to be done in the run up to the big day.

Lizzie isn't feeling very Christmassy, but a couple of chance meetings means things are set to change in her life. Unlike m
India
Dec 04, 2016 India rated it really liked it
Lizzie is a meteorologist with a serious attitude to her work and when Hal comes along with charm and simplicity, she can’t help but bristle. They soon strike up a friendship but with Christmas looming ahead and the need to get the ratings up will the rivals find a middle ground?
This book intrigued me. I really liked Lizzie and Hal’s characters and the interplay between them but I wasn’t sure what either one thought of each other. There wasn’t a lot of romance to the book and the ending was qui
Fran
Dec 09, 2012 Fran rated it it was ok
Light fluff, and quite short. Read in in one sitting at the train station waiting for a late train to pick up my husband. It was flurrying and it looked pretty and Christmas-like outside and I was weak and succumbed to a mushy Christmas fluff story. Sigh. I should know better, but like junk food, I occasionally snarf down a chick-lit book, which is sweet and tempting at the first, but too much sweet and fluff leaves me feeling the same as if I'd eaten 6 bags of cotton candy.
Michele
Dec 29, 2013 Michele rated it liked it
A quick holiday novella. This story was well written, with a good premise, but I thought the end moved too fast. I thought there was a great deal of potential in the end of the story, but the story wrapped up so fast that we were told what happened instead of seeing it play out. Also, the budding romance just happened at the end instead of developed. I'd be curious about what the author would do with a full length story.
Julia Ibbotson
Nov 17, 2013 Julia Ibbotson rated it it was ok
Did I miss something here? I'm sorry but I thought that this book was very light: a short novella(less than an hour's reading at the hairdresser's), abrupt ending, uneven narrative ... The weather thing was continued ad nauseam and the stuff with the serious meteorologist presenting on TV in a onesie was as absurd as one of the characters saying that the onesie was "very fetching"! - and with no hint of sarcasm or humour ...! Maybe holiday reading by the pool with several glasses of wine?!
N. Kuhn
Dec 20, 2014 N. Kuhn rated it it was ok
This book actually bored me. I understand they are weather reporters, but the fact that they talk all technical about it, it bores me. The characters are slightly shallow, vapid. I couldn't even really get into the story. This didn't feel like a true romance story. I just didn't feel it. It just wasn't there. This book really just did nothing for me.
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Lizzie is a serious meteorologist, Hal an actor hired as a weather forecaster. They make a bet – will there be snow on 25th December?

As the contest, and their burgeoning relationship, gathers momentum, sparks begin to fly. But who will be the winner?
Belinda  Page
Dec 19, 2016 Belinda Page rated it liked it
Cute read

This is a sweet Christmas read for YA. Festive competition between two weather casters, one real and one actor playing the part.
Emma
Feb 02, 2014 Emma rated it really liked it
I found this on my tablet so I wanted to read it and I wasnt disappointed
Joanne
Nov 17, 2013 Joanne rated it it was amazing
loved this
Gillian Black
Dec 21, 2013 Gillian Black rated it really liked it
Nice wee christmas story
Lauren
Nov 17, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
cute little story, easy read, wish there was more to the challenge
Sunsy
Dec 31, 2014 Sunsy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Diese kurze Weihnachtsgeschichte hat mir gefallen. Ich gebe 08/10 Punkte
Beautiful_Jade
Aug 22, 2013 Beautiful_Jade rated it liked it
A short, fun, easy going story.

Perfect if you've got an hour to spare.
Endeavour Press
Apr 30, 2013 Endeavour Press rated it it was amazing
This book is published by Endeavour Press
Amy
Nov 24, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
lovely litte Christmas read.
Gypsy In Pearls
Cute little Christmas story. Set in London with a mild romance between an actor and a wether forecaster. A fun holiday read overall!
Beth
Dec 15, 2016 Beth rated it it was ok
Quirky, quick contemporary Christmas romance that takes place in the UK. I enjoyed it but thought that some parts of the story didn't make sense.
Elisabeth
This was more of a short story than a book. Just when it started getting going - it just wrapped up - very unsatisfactory
Angie
Dec 25, 2013 Angie rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, christmas, romance
I'd give this 2.5 stars...

Started out really cute, but ending was too abrupt. Made the story kind of fall apart.
Jo
  • Christmas Without Holly
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • Save Me, Santa
  • The Holiday Bride (Holiday Brides #2)
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Jingle This!
  • Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts
  • Wish Upon a Star
  • A Marriage Carol
  • Blue Christmas: Big Girls Don't Cry Christmas Short Story (Blonde Barracuda, #1.5)
  • A Very Shitake Christmas (Shitake Mystery #1.5)
  • Perfect (Love Series, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • 'Tis the Season
  • Hope for Christmas (Noel, Montana, #1)