White Christmas

White Christmas

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Everyone dreams of a White Christmas.

But nobody dreams of one quite as much as Hal Benson.

An out-of-work actor, Hal has been hired as a stand-in weather forecaster by a ratings-chasing news channel. Hal couldn't care less whether it rains or not. It is just a job.

But then he meets Lizzie Foster. A rival weather forecaster, on a far more serious channel, Lizzie is bright...more
Published November 3rd 2012 by Endeavour Press Ltd.

Jo
Quick quirky read regarding 2 weather presenters - one who is a very serious well educated in the field, Lizzie and one an actor who has just go the gig for 4 weeks, Hal.
Predictable but still a fun read!
Katie
It was okay to start but then it felt really rushed. The whole part about the competition between the two main characters was a weak and unnecessary addition. It could have been good, if it had been a more integral part of the story instead of just mentioned briefly toward the end of the book in a throwaway manner.
Pamela D
I wanted to love this novella so much! The first two-thirds of the book were great. Lee-Potter does a nice job of introducing the reader to Hal and Lizzie (the book's love interests) and slowly developing their love. It was refreshing to have a novella that didn't have a heavy insta-love feel to it. I thought Hal and Lizzie had a fairly natural-feeling relationship. I felt that the reason they met (Hal had to go to Lizzie's class on meteorology) and why they continued to spend time together (tal...more
Jacqueline
Everyone needs a bit of pre-Christmas escapism, so make yourself a hot chocolate (or mulled wine), grab a mince pie (it's never too early for mince pies) and give yourself a couple of hours me-time with Emma's novella White Christmas. Perfect to get you in the right frame of mind for all the shopping, card writing and pressie wrapping to be done in the run up to the big day.

Lizzie isn't feeling very Christmassy, but a couple of chance meetings means things are set to change in her life. Unlike m...more
Michele
A quick holiday novella. This story was well written, with a good premise, but I thought the end moved too fast. I thought there was a great deal of potential in the end of the story, but the story wrapped up so fast that we were told what happened instead of seeing it play out. Also, the budding romance just happened at the end instead of developed. I'd be curious about what the author would do with a full length story.
Julia Ibbotson
Did I miss something here? I'm sorry but I thought that this book was very light: a short novella(less than an hour's reading at the hairdresser's), abrupt ending, uneven narrative ... The weather thing was continued ad nauseam and the stuff with the serious meteorologist presenting on TV in a onesie was as absurd as one of the characters saying that the onesie was "very fetching"! - and with no hint of sarcasm or humour ...! Maybe holiday reading by the pool with several glasses of wine?!
Fran V
Light fluff, and quite short. Read in in one sitting at the train station waiting for a late train to pick up my husband. It was flurrying and it looked pretty and Christmas-like outside and I was weak and succumbed to a mushy Christmas fluff story. Sigh. I should know better, but like junk food, I occasionally snarf down a chick-lit book, which is sweet and tempting at the first, but too much sweet and fluff leaves me feeling the same as if I'd eaten 6 bags of cotton candy.
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Lizzie is a serious meteorologist, Hal an actor hired as a weather forecaster. They make a bet – will there be snow on 25th December?

As the contest, and their burgeoning relationship, gathers momentum, sparks begin to fly. But who will be the winner?
Angie
I'd give this 2.5 stars...

Started out really cute, but ending was too abrupt. Made the story kind of fall apart.
Nicola
Jun 13, 2013 Nicola rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kobo
I didn't hate this book, it was dull, predictable and a pointless read. I was hoping for a feel good xmas book but it wasnt even really that. Not a book i would re-read or recommend.
Gypsyinpearls
Cute little Christmas story. Set in London with a mild romance between an actor and a wether forecaster. A fun holiday read overall!
Elisabeth
This was more of a short story than a book. Just when it started getting going - it just wrapped up - very unsatisfactory
Carrie Ann
Could have been an intersting bit of easy-going chick-lit; but it was far too short and the ending felt rushed!
Krista
Eh, it was okay. It was a cute, easy read, but it felt like a lot the storyline was patchy.
Emma
I found this on my tablet so I wanted to read it and I wasnt disappointed
Beautiful_Jade
A short, fun, easy going story.

Perfect if you've got an hour to spare.
Nell
This was a sweet little story. It felt a bit rushed towards the end.
Lauren
cute little story, easy read, wish there was more to the challenge
Gillian Black
Nice wee christmas story
Jane

Nice Xmas short story
Denise Koopman
i am sorry this was not to good for me.
Nancy
Very cute short story.
Tracy
Sweet christmassy short story
Amy
lovely litte Christmas read.
Daycia
Daycia marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014