Start by marking “Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)” as Want to Read:
Chevalier (Ondine Quartet, #2.2)

Chevalier (Ondine Quartet #2.2)

*This is a short novelette (approx. 9500 words)*

New York poses an unknown challenge to Julian LeVeq and Kendra Irisavie. Determined to help elementals gain traction in the war, they partner in the covert investigation of the elusive Shadow and plunge into the complex depths of the city.

But when the First Lieutenant and sondaleur finally cross paths with the world of Manhat
Kindle Edition
Published December 21st 2012 by Mandorla Publishing (first published December 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chevalier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chevalier

Aeicha
Dec 09, 2012 Aeicha rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic edition to an already superb series! I love Julian's POV in this novella and how we get to know him even better because of it. Julian has such a genuine and authentic charm, that I can't help but love him. One of the things I adore most about this series, is the fact that the dynamic between Kendra/Tristan/Julian never feels like your average and annoying love triangle. Raveling has created two completely layered and captivating love interests, and this is even further seen i ...more
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
When Emma told us she was writing a novella from Julian’s point of view, I couldn’t wait. In the other books, Whirl & Billow he comes across as quite a lady’s man and I really wanted to find out if what he feels for Kendra is true. Well, I got my question answered and he sure does. I really enjoyed how protective he is of her but, I’m sad as well because I love Julian but I’m not rooting for him and Kendra to be together, I’m rooting for Kendra and Tristan to be together. So, I’m hoping that ...more
Grace Touch
Nov 16, 2013 Grace Touch rated it really liked it
I have few complaints about this short little e-book. Mainly what bugged me was Julian's incessant pining after Kendra. She was almost ALL he talked about/thought about. It was kind of sad. Especially when I know what happens in the 3rd book "Crest."

I'd recommend this to anyone who's already read the first two Ondine Quartet books and doesn't mind a spoiler or two for the next book. However, I must warn that one of the spoilers is a pretty larger part of book three, so read with caution.

The i
Feb 19, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
This is a short novella that shows some of Kendra and Julian's activities in NYC after book 2, Billow. It is written from Julian's POV which is nice because he never seems to give anything away. Though they are trailing an aquidae, trying to get closer to the big boss, Julian can't take his mind off of Kendra. He has a difficult time keeping his feelings for her below the surface, but also his jealousy of her feelings for Tristan.

This was an enjoyable read, especially for LeVeq fans, and it was
Ana
Jan 05, 2013 Ana rated it it was amazing
I've loved Julian from the very beginning! It was great to be able to go inside his thoughts and to uncover his feelings for Kendra. My suspicions were correct and that makes me both happy and sad! This tiny glimpse into what makes him tick was too small a taste for me...I hope we get more about Julian in the future!! Truthfully, the story about what's happening in NY, although exciting and tense, was secondary to digging deeper into a character I definitely want to know more about! Great read!
Dec 20, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, new-adult, fantasy
I've always liked Julian as a character, but this novella really allowed me to dive inside his head for a change and it was poignant, slightly heartbreaking but good as Kendra's perspective. And of course, in the case of this ill fated love triangle, I'm at a complete loss as to who deserves Kendra most. Though obviously Tristan is still my favorite hunk. Can't wait to read his novella, now. And anxious about the new developments in the war. Love New York atmosphere and the slivers of action and ...more
Ritu
Aug 02, 2013 Ritu rated it really liked it
This was a fabulous bridge between the ending of Billow and the beginning of Crest. Julian was a such a fun character and the writing was superb as always. I liked the dynamic between Kendra and Julian as they work together in New York with their investigations. It was nice to see confirmed that Julian truly has feelings for Kendra and that the flirty banter in the previous books was not meaningless for Julian.
And, of course, it was great to jump back into the world of the elementals and this no
BookGoddess
Jul 16, 2013 BookGoddess rated it it was amazing
This short novella gives us a glimpse into Julian's POV. I can't rave enough about Raveling's writing- it is absolutely on point, and I am able to see the distinct points of view, whether she's writing from Kendra's POV, Tristan's or Julians. Great, great writing, I have just become Emma Raveling's number one fan. Oh and also, even though I don't persay "hate" Julian ( on the contrary, I find him totally charming, intriguing and deep), I hate him. #TeamTristan
Lindsay
Jan 07, 2013 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Really liked the novella and the story between Kendra and Julian. It is in Julian's POV and I liked the fact that he got some play time, because, you usually don't get to see to closely to what he is dealing and he kind of laid it out there in this one, which is kinda sad, because I am kind of an underdog type of gal. The whole thing just makes me more excited for the next novel and what is going to happen!
Tricia

Loved this little short story from Julian's point of view! It was really fun watching him and Kendra conduct their covert investigation, especially in a foreign city, with some new interesting people. It was also nice to get a peek into what Julian was thinking for a bit. I feel like we got to see a slight shift in his attitude towards Kendra, and her relationship with Tristan in this novella. The calm, cool exterior appears to be cracking.
Bryn
Dec 29, 2012 Bryn rated it it was amazing
❤Rose (◕‿◕✿)
Sooo hot!!! I can't choose between Tristan and Julian anymore!!! Sitting on the fence now.
Teresa Caric
Oct 27, 2015 Teresa Caric rated it it was amazing
I just LOVE Julian so this was a great short read and a broader idea as to what he and Kendra went thru at the NY community
Tia
Aug 17, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
Gives good insight into Julian. Just too short. Way too short. I did enjoy the POV change.
Misha
As much as I love Tristan, I am Team Julian. This was a nice companion piece. I enjoyed reading from Julian's perspective and seeing how much he really does care for Kendra.
Jasmine
Seemed kinda pointless but Julian is awesome so I won't give the book a bad rating (or any at all.)
Hannah Conway
Aug 28, 2016 Hannah Conway rated it really liked it
Ciera
Feb 17, 2014 Ciera rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, my-ebooks
I really loved reading from Julian's POV! I really like him more after this but...I'm still holding out for a certain prince...
Sep 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This short story worked in well with the Crest!
Melissa
Aug 09, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
It was nice getting into Jullian's head for a bit. I love this series. I wish It was a little longer :)
Carolina M.
Carolina M. rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Jillian
Jillian rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Brerenee
Brerenee rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Rogelyne
Rogelyne rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2013
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Rashmi Bharadwaj
Rashmi Bharadwaj rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2014
Katya
Katya rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
  • Marked by Death (The Godhunter, #4)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Blood Tree: Part One
  • Something to Curse About (Discord Jones #2)
  • The Dark God's Bride Trilogy (The Dark God's Bride, #3)
  • Indulge (Warm Delicacy, #2)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • The Big Fix (Ciel Halligan, #3)
  • Broken Promise (The Broken Ones, #3)
  • Vengeance Borne (Sentry of Evil, #1)
  • The Barrier Between (Collector #2)
  • Breathless Magic (Star-Crossed, #6.5)
  • Bound in Blue (Sword of Elements, #1)
  • Unquiet Slumber (Blue Fire, #1)
  • The Pearls (Pearls and the Crowns, #1)
  • Keeper (First Ordinance, #2)
  • Roots of Insight (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #2)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
Emma Raveling resides in Honolulu with her husband and German shepherd.
More about Emma Raveling...

Ondine Quartet (4 books)
  • Whirl (Ondine Quartet, #1)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)