Start by marking “Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)” as Want to Read:
Blood on the Mountain (Mountain, #4)

Blood on the Mountain (Mountain #4)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Jake Landon thinks a second ranger season in the Colorado Rockies with Kurt Carlson is close enough to heaven, and a national forest is big enough to be his closet. Pharmacy school—and the luxuries of electricity and running water—can wait, maybe forever, as long as Jake doesn’t have to come out. He doesn’t plan on Kurt’s vision of his future being as narrow and direct as ...more
Published December 14th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood on the Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood on the Mountain

Vio
I still love this couple so much. The other big draw card is the beautiful setting, its so exquisite and always has me yearning to be right there amongst the green forests. Also my very favourite and best part of the story is the *strip archery* Jake and Kurt indulge in, steamy and very memorable, amongst other things. Taut action, lovely men who are still working hard and dealing with whatever comes their way. More of Jake and Kurt is always a delight in my eyes.
Jenre
I love this Mountain series by PD Singer. Whilst this is the fourth novel in the series, you can just as easily read it straight after the first book Fire on the Mountain. The story follows on a year after that first book, or a few months from Snow on the Mountain. Jake and Kurt are back as forest rangers, back in the cabin where they first came together. Things are a bit tense between them though. Jake wants to put off going to Pharmacy school and Kurt wants him to go. Jake wants to stay in the ...more
Kaje Harper
4.5 stars. This book returns to the MCs from books one and two, again told from Jake's POV. I think this was my favorite of the series so far. I was already attached to these characters, and there were moments of sweetness, moments of pain, love, fear, hope and anger, that felt more deeply-realized in this installment. I was ready to kick Jake a couple of times for being obtuse, but the story as a whole kept me reading along without pause to see how it all turned out. A lot of action, two wonder ...more
Idamus
*Sigh* I finished before I was ready to let the boys go

Possibly my favourite in the series
Kate
I may be a little biased here, because I had been waiting for this book to come out like a woman starved. When I'm like that, reading the long-awaited sequel is either a rip-roaring experience, or... a sad, hesitant sigh escapes as I plow through it, knowing that my high expectations have been let down. The former was the case today. This is easily the best book Singer has in the Mountain series.

We meet our favorite couple in a state of playful bliss, but soon learn that there is trouble in par
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
In Blood on the Mountain, I love the characters the most, the way the conversations are those of a couple who know each other, and know how the other one is going to react. I could totally understand the confliction Jake was feeling at the thought of coming out and his future away from Kurt, and Kurt’s determination that Jake would not throw away everything he had worked for was equally understandable.
The secondary characters were just as skilfully drawn and Jake’s mother made me laugh on more
Susan Laine
I love this series. Every individual story has shined in its own way. Jake and Kurt are a match made in heaven. Well, mis-matched like a lot of couples. But their love tries so hard to transcend everyday reality and obstacles that you just have to root for them.

Once again taking on a ranger season in the wilderness, Jake and Kurt can't quite delve into their private love affair when the question of coming out is still unfinished with Jake. But then the two men discover a field of dangerous crop
Lily
3.75 stars. Overall, a well written book that contains the key ingredients: solid plot, well developed characters, a healthy dose of problematic romance etc. For some reason though, I just could not become emotionally immersed in the story or invested in the protagonists' relationship... This one probably did not suit my mood, but I am quite sure that it will appeal to many.
Suze
Oct 16, 2014 Suze rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Suze by: Won from author via Elisa Rolle
3.5*
A good, enjoyable update on Jake and Kurt, from earlier in the series. The stories can be read standalone but I enjoyed reading about these two again.
I enjoyed the opening strip archery scene - never look at bows again in quite the same light. Liked that Kurt used them as a weapon, even if it had serious implications.
Again, the mountains and rangers work play a fairly big role, and those pesky guys in the truck were always going to cause trouble. I enjoyed the story, though I think disharmon
Thomaidha Papa
3.5 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Alright, so once again I’ll have to scream it out loud how much I love Kurt. That character makes everything fine for me. And because I love Kurt so much I spend more than half of the book wanting to slap Jake silly. I mean I knew at some point thing would get better, but till they actually got there I really envisioned ways of killing that little fictional character myself.

Anyway, so Blood on the Mountains c
Jess Candela
I loved this story but was a little annoyed that 8 Seconds on the Mountain was folded into this story as Chapter 5. It made for an odd sense of already having read this newly-released book already, and left me feeling a bit cheated out of a chapter of the new story I thought I was paying for. Though it says something about the quality of writing that I read it a year and a half ago and recognized and identified it immediately.

I have loved each of the Mountain books, but this just might be the be
Dee Wy
3.5 stars. Nice progression of the relationship - enjoyed it!
Nic
This was a nice return to the story of Jake and Kurt who were the focus of the early books in the series. The good news is that this story returned to the quality of the first book - Jake and Kurt were fabulous, the plot engaging with just the right amount of drama and the ending was excellent.
Jenny
A lovely read! I think it's the strongest Jake & Kurt story so far and I greatly enjoyed it. So much, in fact, that I had to finish it in one go.
Dee
I still give it a five even though I wanted to slap Jake silly for being so stupid.
Chutchy
Read all the books in this series.
Violet
A unique and well written love story.
Penny
A well written tale.
Tyrell Kim
I want more. great read!
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Morgan  Skye
Morgan Skye is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Sigrid
Sigrid marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Nikki
Nikki added it
Jan 14, 2015
Dreamspinner Press: Blood on the Mountain by P.D. Singer 1 12 Dec 13, 2012 10:43PM
  • That One Thing (Alex and Jared - The College Years, #1)
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Complete Faith (Morning Report, #2)
  • Aria (Blue Notes, #3)
  • Maloney's Law (Maloney's Law #1)
  • Delsyn's Blues (Vasquez & James, #2)
  • Beneath the Surface
  • The Boys and the Bees
  • An Isolated Range (Range, #5)
  • Breaking Faith (Breaking Faith, #1)
  • After Ben (Seattle Stories, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Chaser (Chaser, #1)
  • Shy
  • When One Door Opens
  • Out-Foxed (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #3)
  • Finders, Keepers
  • Payback (True Colors, #3)
PD Singer lives in Colorado with her slightly bemused husband, two rowdy teenage boys, and thirty pounds of cats, all of whom approach carefully when she's in a writing frenzy. She's a big believer in research, first-hand if possible, so the reader can be quite certain PD has skied down a mountain face-first, been stepped on by rodeo horses, acquired a potato burn or two, and will never, ever, wri ...more
More about P.D. Singer...

Mountain (10 books)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2)
  • Mistletoe on the Mountain (Mountain, #2.1)
  • 8 Seconds On The Mountain (Mountain, #2.2)
  • Fall Down the Mountain (Mountain, #3)
  • Cross the Mountain (Mountain #3.1)
  • Storm on the Mountain (Mountain, #3.2)
  • Sugar on the Mountain (Mountain #3.3)
  • Return to the Mountain (Mountain, #5)
Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1) The Boy Next Door Scrum Snow on the Mountain (Mountain, #2) The Rare Event