Start by marking “Frozen Footprints” as Want to Read:
Frozen Footprints

Frozen Footprints

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  24 reviews
"Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror of the night."
Eighteen-year-old twins Charlene and Max Perigard have grown up under the wealthy but tyrannical rule of their oil-tycoon grandfather. When Max disappears and a ransom note shows up, Charlene's world is shattered. She desperately tries to persuade her tight-fisted grandfather to pay, but the old man is convinced that M
Published November 13th 2012 by Tumblar House (first published November 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Frozen Footprints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frozen Footprints

Ellen Gable
Eighteen-year-old twins Charlene and Max Perigard have grown up under their wealthy but often cruel grandfather. When Max disappears and a ransom note is received, Charlene tries to persuade her grandfather to pay the ransom, but the older man thinks this is another attempt by his grandson to get money from him. Without her grandfather’s help, Charlene tries to find her brother before it’s too late.

Therese Heckenkamp’s second novel is an exciting page turner with non-stop action. It’s a very dif
Jon Kidwell
I'll be quite honest here. In the days after receiving the book, it sat on my "to read" pile, and I passed over it several times. I didn't think I would like this book. When I finally opened it up, I didn't feel a whole lot different. I didn't think I would like it. After the first page or two, the feeling hadn't changed. I kept thinking to myself, "if I put this book down, what am I going to read next?"

But somewhere around page four or so, she did it. Therese Heckenkamp grabbed my by the collar
Warning: do NOT pick up this book if you have (a) life responsibilities, (b) less than 24 hours to commit to reading it continuously, and/or (c) the inability to walk away from a stirring and compelling storyline. I should have taken my own warning and saved this book for vacation… It should go without saying that I loved this book–I was on the edge of my seat and I caught myself almost praying for the characters (I modified my prayers and prayed for those who may be caught in similar situations ...more
Laura Pearl
I first read Therese Heckenkamp’s Catholic suspense novel Frozen Footprints about a year ago. A big fan of Heckenkamp’s work (after reading her debut novel, Past Suspicion), I meant to do a review of Frozen Footprints when I finished it; but I procrastinated just long enough to realize that if I wanted to do the book justice, I would have to re-read it so that I could write about it while the details were still fresh in my mind.

I recently did read Frozen Footprints again--and boy, am I ever glad
Charity
Therese Heckenkamp's story of a brother and sister who get caught up in a nightmare beyond their control is well-written and evokes powerful emotions from the reader.

As I read, I found myself identifying more and more with the protagonist, a Christian girl who turns to prayer in even the darkest of circumstances. As the characters struggle to escape from their captor, a man who epitomizes evil itself, the difficulties of continuing to believe in God's power to deliver are revealed.

Although there
Cheryl Dickow
When I thumbed through my newly arrived, autographed copy of Frozen Footprints (thank you, Therese Heckenkamp!), I was excited to see the book that was going to be one of my “summer readers.” I had no intention of reading it upon its arrival as I was knee-deep in a few editing projects and really did not have the time. Mostly I wanted to stoke my anticipation which, for me, is always part of the excitement of lining up books to read.

I read the first sentence and could not stop.

One sentence and I
Therese Heckenkamp
Nov 16, 2012 Therese Heckenkamp rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Disclaimer: I'm the author of this book, so I'm adding it to my shelf.
If you want more details about Frozen Footprints, feel free to visit Frozen-Footprints.com. Thank you!
Susan Peek
As a Catholic and a lover of suspense novels, there is so much I could say about this riveting book! It's about time someone wrote a thriller with a Catholic twist ... and left out the foul language and "Rated R" scenes which for me spoil so many otherwise excellent books. Thank you, Therese! I'm sure many Christians will appreciate this.

From page one the reader is gripped and never let go of. I was instantly drawn into the story and found it easy to identify with the main character, 18-year-ol
CJ
Frozen Footprints is an intriguing thriller made for the teenagers and curious alike. The story, the tension, the wonderful imagery and descriptions make this book hard to put down.

If the prologue doesn't draw you in from the start, nothing you ever read again in life will either.

Charlene Perigard, a rich young woman was used to having a privileged and safe life under her tyrant grandfather, the well-known Mr. Perigard. All of that is taken from her when her twin brother is kid-knapped and, wors
Caitlyn Santi

I loved this book!

The characters were awesome, I especially loved Charlene and Max, their relationship was so cool and reminded me a lot of my relationship with my brother!

This very talented authors writing hooked me on page one and I hated to put the book down from that point on!

The action, suspense and settings of the scenes were portrayed so wonderfully that I felt as though I was watching a movie play out in my head!!!

While reading this book, I found myself experiencing every emotion that th
Tannia
May 29, 2013 Tannia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: older teens and adults
Recommended to Tannia by: Reviewer's copy
Frozen Footprints, penned by Therese Heckenkamp, is a page-turner Catholic thriller for teens 16 and older.

After the death of their father, eighteen-year-old twins Max and Charlene Perigard have been living with their stepmother and stepsister under the protection of their tyrannical, oil-tycoon grandfather, Maxwell Goodwyne Perigard I.

Max is totally discontented with his grandfather's demeanor and decides to confront him. After a heated argument, Max disappears. The next day, Mr. Perigard recei
Vincent
allegorical, youth-oriented, engaging

The Good: great message for teenagers; enjoyable protagonist; plot keeps you guessing

The Bad: no serious plot twist

Frozen Footprints is a novel where teenager Charlene Perigard goes on a search and rescue mission when she discovers her twin brother Max has been kidnapped and held for ransom. Because everyone else thinks that the ransom is actually a hoax, she is completely alone in her search.

Characters:

Charlene is a delightful, adorable protagonist: a ca
Anne Gooch
This is a great thriller and at times I felt like I was watching (in my mind) Criminal Minds without the FBI being involved. The book moves a little slow at first but don't give up on it because it doesn't take long for it to grab you and once it does you can't put it down. I ended up reading the last half of the book last night until I finished it around 2 a.m. this morning. I couldn't go to bed until I finished it!

Frozen Footprints is about a rich family and a very controlling grandfather and
Kathleen Morris
Amazing story! Action packed and intriguing! The story held my interest the entire time and is a real page turner. I couldn't put it down!
Jada Ryker
Christian Suspense Novel for New Adults

Charlene's twin intuition is screaming something is wrong. Belatedly, she checks her cell phone. Tons of missed calls from her brother Max are definitely not the norm. When she tries to call him, a whispery, raspy voice answers her brother's phone.

Charlene is determined to find and rescue her brother.

Therese Heckenkamp's Frozen Footprints is an inspiring Christian suspense novel for new adults. The characters are put in trying situations, and the action mo
Kim
Excellent! Very suspenseful.
Adrienna
"Frozen Footprints" is a spell-binding, suspense thriller. As I started to read the prologue, I was anxious to find out if Max's kidnapping was a hoax or the real deal. His twin sister, Charlene, believes her brother was truly kidnapped but her grandfather feels differently. He believes his grandson hoaxed the entire thing for frenzy revenge and asking for a ransom, as a jolly joke. However, I still haven't read enough to come to either conclusion but feel someone else has an ulterior motive beh ...more
LAWonder10
This was a riveting, suspenseful novel buthad too much repetitive drama and the ending
was like a slap in the face. No doubt, the author intending on leaving a peaceful religious
flare to the ending, instead leftthe reader without a conclusion and disappointed.
It was well-written and one truly felt the evil from the sadistic murderer.
It is incredulous for one to believe a grandparent could value money so highly
over the life of a loved one but I suppose it sometimes happens. I cannot
believe though
Tracy
The book's blurb has good description of the plot of the book. So, I will skip that part.
This story explored the relationships of two sets of siblings, the kidnappers and the Perigards. I found this to be a fascinating way to compare a more healthy form of love in a relationship and a more domineering way of relating to one another. The plot was fast paced with no writing errors that I can remember. The characters were well defined and likable. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a
Margaret Boehm
Excellent mystery. Keeps you guessing.
Jessica Phipps
Good suspense story and an easy read, but an unresolved ending completely ruined the book for me.
Odi
Disappointing ending
Lorraine
I really liked the intrigue, the battle of hope,and the battle of Satan or Christ. I did not understand some of the Catholic refrences hence only 4 stars. I could not put it down waiting to see what happend next or if Clay was really like his brother Abner. I wanted to know if Grandfather would have a softened heart towards Max and Charlene. I thought the ending was perfect.
Clare
Well-written. Suspense, but not overly done.
Ad
Ad marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Lauren Lotter
Lauren Lotter marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Liz Shaw
Liz Shaw marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Bmarieb27
Bmarieb27 marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
  • Read No Evil
  • Cedardale Court
  • Knighthorse
  • The Dark House
  • Impeding Justice  (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #2)
  • K.A.R.M.A
  • Righteous Obsession
  • Gone at Zero Hundred 00:00 (McSwain & Beck #1)
  • Killer In The Hills (A Jack Rhodes Mystery)
  • Unhinged
  • Eyes of the Predator The Pickham County Murders
  • When the Heart Lies
Therese Heckenkamp is a Catholic wife and mother. Her first novel, "Past Suspicion," is a Christian romantic suspense for readers 13 and up. Visit www.PastSuspicion.com for more details.

Therese's second novel, "Frozen Footprints," is a Christian suspense thriller for readers 16 and up. Learn more at www.Frozen-Footprints.com.

Therese lives in Wisconsin and is currently working on more novels.

Follo
More about Therese Heckenkamp...
Past Suspicion