Start by marking “Eve and Adam: Chapters 1-5” as Want to Read:
Eve and Adam: Chapters 1-5

Eve and Adam: Chapters 1-5

Download the first five chapters of Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate

In the beginning, there was an apple—

And then there was a car crash, a horrible injury, and a hospital. But before Evening Spiker's head clears, a strange boy named Solo is rushing her to her mother's research facility. There, under the best care available, Eve is left alone to heal.
Published November 27th 2012 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Eve and Adam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eve and Adam

Jysn Pb
Jan 07, 2015 Jysn Pb rated it liked it
I picked this book because of the cover and the original plot. Like yeah, who can deny that beautiful cover with the puzzlized apple, no one right.

But to be honest I rated this 3.5 stars/5, basically science fiction is my genre and I find this awesome to read, like most reviews, it's kinda dissapointed because there's no character development in fact of that the book was written with 3 characters point-of-view and the writing style was very understandable even if you are not English-born. But t
Ashley C. - The Tattered Page
*Warning: This review may contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Review courtesy of The Tattered Page: One word: CREATIVE

Eve & Adam, obvious from it's title, is a retelling about the creation of Adam and Eve. With that being said, I was instantly intrigued.

This story focuses on the idea that Eve created Adam instead of the other way around. And rather than by godly powers she creates him by way of science. But that is just one of the many twists in this particular Young Adult retelling of t
Amanda Peake
This book blew me out of the water. I picked it up based on the cover. I can hear my elementary librarian fussing at me as I type this. Don't judge a book by it's cover. It's so hard not to though because in this day and age of digital imaging you can easily make whatever cover you want and this one captured me. Not to mention the names of the two authors. I love their books so it was a no brainer.

The story line is orginal and the things that happen make you hope that this won't or isn't really
Allie Burke
Jul 19, 2014 Allie Burke rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that you read in conjunction with all the other YA books you read that day; I think I devoured four of them on the day that I read this. (By the way, I read the whole book, not chapters 1-5; not sure what's up with that.) And it was good, but it's not one of those books that leaves you with a book hangover that you have to contemplate for a while. There is nothing spectacular about its methodology or writing style; you read the last page and you're like oh, that was re ...more
Aditi YAbookturtle
Apr 03, 2015 Aditi YAbookturtle rated it really liked it
Check out more reviews and recommendations at tinyurl.com/paperpandemic
=+=+=+=
Follow me on Instagram @king_of_the_fangirls
=+=+=+=
Overall I gave this book a 4 out of five. The plot idea was good but I felt like it wasn't fully executed. The authors left a lot hanging at the end and we barely got to know who the characters were, let alone connect to them. This is the only book I've seen that has a plot like this, and if the writing was executed correctly, using more details and emphasis then I mig
Andrea
Oct 12, 2014 Andrea rated it liked it
I picked it up because the summary I read sounded really interesting and relevant. It involved genetics, "playing God," and creating "superhumans," which could make for a really interesting read. I love books that make me question and think. The book had a really solid start. Evening's body has been genetically modified to heal itself at an unthinkable rate thanks to illegal developments at her mother's company. Now Evening has the chance to genetically design her dream boy. And that's where it ...more
Gerlinde
Mar 18, 2014 Gerlinde rated it really liked it
So I really quite loved this book. I loved the idea, the characters and yeah, I enjoyed reading it.

A few things bugged me a bit though.

First: Adam. Not the fact that he worships Eve, I mean, that's kind of logical I suppose, but the fact that he is 'so beautiful and handsome' that everyone kind of stops to stare and that Eve suddenly feels in love when she sees him.
I mean, yes, he is supposed to be perfect, but that just felt over the top for me.

Second: Why is it that it's always that the main
Deirdre Metcalf
Follows Eve whose mother is the owner of a multi-billion dollar bio-genetics lab. When the book opens, Eve gets into an almost fatal accident that eventually lands her mothers lab which also houses a hospital with the latest medical treatments. This book was very good and also very short. Through Eve's journey we come in contact with much of what science can make possible. But at what point is it ethical? At what point does science replace God? It begs all of these questions.

I did think this was
Eva Power
Sep 10, 2014 Eva Power rated it liked it
All right book. I picked this book up because I loved historical fiction; legends, myths, etc etc. Greek and Irish especially. But unfortunately, even though I read the blurb, I didn't expect it to be anything like it was; slightly boring, just a girl creating a simultation man that I guessed the ending been from the blurb. It wasn't the most exciting book, quite plain, but it was okay, as I liked the action of the book and Eve and Solo's relationship. Only thing that stood out for me was the ti ...more
Faith Letzkus
Dec 06, 2014 Faith Letzkus rated it really liked it
Eve & Adam is a story that feels slightly inspired by the original Adam and Eve story, but this book has a twist on it and ultimately takes a very different direction than the original bible story. This book had Eve creating Adam, the "perfect male", even though some irony in the book is that perfect is not always attractive to an imperfect teenager's heart. The book demonstrated that playing god is not as elegant as it sounds. I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to any young person th ...more
Eclaire
Mar 15, 2015 Eclaire rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed this book, but it was not a book that pulled me in, made my heart race, and got me attached to the characters. This book had a really great original plot but the author did not realize it to its full potential. The plot moved too fast, and she didn't fill in details in between the major plot points. I cried at the end of this book, not because it was sad, but because of the wasted potential.
Cooper Ford
May 07, 2014 Cooper Ford rated it really liked it
I thought this book was really interesting because the idea of a girl creating another human. The book told this story in a organised way, It n to read. The whole story was one of a kind, I couldn't of thought of a better way to fuse a little bit of romance with a lot of adventure and twists. The book was quick paced and well written. Usually I would never get excited to read in my free time, but when I read this book it was hard not to read it.
Ceara
Aug 10, 2014 Ceara rated it did not like it
I didn't really know what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting this. Very little description on setting in some areas. Felt rushed and character development wasn't very realistic. Aislin's character was the only thing that felt believable. Some comments that came from the main character seemed really dumb. I know some people like this book but I just thought this was terrible.
Joamm Calvadores
Mar 30, 2014 Joamm Calvadores rated it liked it
Someone's imperfection can be the perfection of others.

At first, I was enjoying the book because the story is somewhat alike with the some Asian series I watched but as it progressed, my interest began to waver for the story is a little bit predictable that I came to a point where I really don't want to finish it anymore but at the end, I read it until the end.
Cori
Jan 14, 2016 Cori rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, ya
The free sample I got was actually chapters 1-7. The world looks interesting and there's mysterious stuff happening. However, I've gone to read a few of the reviews of the full book and it doesn't seem to actually provide any character development and there's an unreasonable amount of slut shaming involved, so I'm not going to bother to read the rest of the book. Ah well.
Meg
Apr 09, 2014 Meg rated it liked it
Shelves: 8th-grade
3.5

I really wanted to like this book. I really did. I liked the idea, and the first half of the book was really entertaining, but the ending was just SOOOO annoying I wanted to cry. His attempt at a plot twist failed miserabley. It was quite good but the ending made me roll my eyes.
Shivani Dayal
Oct 16, 2014 Shivani Dayal rated it really liked it
It was really cool, and original. This book was a little bit "Frankenstein", but didn't really have the same message. It's a great book for people interested in science and sci-fi books. It's also nice for people interested in romantic novels <3. Definitely worth reading.
Alecs
Apr 27, 2014 Alecs rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
The book is okay. I loved it. Well a bit. I like the main character, Eve(Evening).When I saw the book, I was... I don't know how to describe it. But it felt like the book was calling onto me. But other than that, the book was astounding! :)
Isabel K.
Nov 23, 2014 Isabel K. rated it it was amazing
I found this book really cool! It reminded me of a lot of things, but the one that stuck out the most is a show called Lab Rats. Besides that, I really liked the adventure towards the end of the book and all the details that the author used.
Ashley
Apr 13, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Actually a 4.5/5
I loved it so much! I connected a little bit with each of the characters and I really liked that. I feel like there was some loose threads that were just left hanging. But other than that it was amazing!!
Lorna
Ummm

where's the rest of this umm weird story huh? ? ? ? ? ? I would like to read it
Stacey Elder
Mar 23, 2014 Stacey Elder rated it liked it
It was a pretty good book, sort of predictable but in a charming sort of way, and there were a few plot twists.
Sarah Ward
Apr 27, 2015 Sarah Ward rated it liked it
I think this book really hooks you in and has as a really good plot to it. And i would recommend it to people that like reality with a bit of adventure. :)
Ilianna
May 05, 2015 Ilianna rated it liked it
It was a good book. Seemed kinda rushed at the end. (Ps I read the whole book, not just the first five chapters of the sample that it suggests here.)
Inès
Jun 16, 2014 Inès rated it liked it
This is the kind of book that sucks when reading it the first time, but that you learn to love when reading it the second and third times.
Megan
Jul 06, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
Really good, but the second half of the book is really rushed. Great idea though, if it was a little longer I think it would be a lot better.
Christal
Jan 22, 2015 Christal rated it really liked it
A lovely place of Romance adventure and Genetics. Is your mom a crazy psycho who uses you her daughter to experiment genially engineered humans. If so you can totally relate.
Rosy
Apr 05, 2015 Rosy rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF, not even half way through, i dumped this book on my bed and shelved it again. Honestly, a complete waste of money for me.
Michelle Abad
Sep 10, 2014 Michelle Abad rated it liked it
Me parece un libro muy original, la historia te mantiene conectada a los personajes pero el final no me gustó lo suficiente, esperaba más del libro pero es muy entretenido y fácil de leer
Xylab
Xylab rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please Correct Page Count 2 14 Oct 31, 2016 02:57PM
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
  • Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy, #1)
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Down Outback Roads (Outback Dust #2)
  • (Once) Again (Again, #2)
  • Sidekick (Sidekick in the City, #1)
  • Will The Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up?
  • Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)
  • Forever Layla
  • Twisted
  • Dinotopia: First Flight
  • The Camelot Code (First Kiss Club #2)
  • Innocence Lost (For Queen and Country, #1)
  • The Luthier's Apprentice (Violinist Detective Series, #1)
  • Fast Forward
  • Broken Dreams (Broken, #2)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Pine Mountain, #2)
  • Gathering Shadows (Finding Sanctuary #1)
Okay, trying this again. Goodreads lost the bio I just spent 30 minutes writing. So now it's just going to be incoherent rambling. Yes, the earlier draft was also incoherent rambling, but way better.

I'm the co-author or author of about 160 books, including the ANIMORPHS series, the GONE series, the BZRK series, the MAGNIFICENT 12 series (Mommy, make him stop saying series!), the MESSENGER OF FEAR
More about Michael Grant...