Start by marking “Rhianna” as Want to Read:
Rhianna

Rhianna

Upon the unexpected death of her parents, Rhianna Braden finds the enigmatic Lord Guilford Kingsley on her doorstep. He escorts her to Kingsley Manor, where family secrets and scandals begin to unfold.

Her uncommon beauty captures the attention of the dashing Lord Thayne Brighton of Ravensleigh, but Rhianna is certain, despite their mutual attraction, that he would never ch
Published July 16th 2012 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about Rhianna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rhianna

Tempted by Trouble by Susan ArdenSeal of Destiny by Traci DouglassLove, Eternally by Morgan O'NeillHer Knight in Black Leather by J.M. StewartThe Wicked Bad by Karyn Gerrard
Crimson Romance Novels
26th out of 176 books — 121 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasAfter Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneWicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley ColeThe Bargain by Christine S. FeldmanKiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole
Ginger woman: Redheaded Heroine in Romance
32nd out of 138 books — 99 voters

More lists with this book...

Becky Lower
Jun 11, 2012 Becky Lower rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know the kind of book where you’re hooked from the beginning and want to race through it because the plot line is so compelling? But then, you find yourself going back over what you just read and savoring every paragraph because it is so beautifully written? This is one of those books. Rhianna is Amanda L. V. Shalaby’s debut novel, and it is a wonderful read. The book is a tale of a lovely young woman who has a suitor in France with whom she’s grown up, and more than one suitor in England, ...more
Stephanie Freeman
Shalaby's remarkable story of a young woman surrounded by secrets has classic written all over it. Instantly the reader is transported back to an era when a look or the briefest touch could convey a world. The dialog was sheer poetry, beautifully written. I found myself tearing up more than once as I read some of the passages. The prose simply captured my imagination.

The main character Rhianna Braden was as brave as she was beautiful. Thayne Brighton was the perfect combination of mystery and de
Literary  Chanteuse
Jan 30, 2016 Literary Chanteuse marked it as rom-historical  ·  review of another edition
For a star rating and complete review, visit Ind'tale Magazine online July/August 2012 issue. http://www.indtale.com/reviews/rhianna

Jenny Q
Really surprised to see so many glowing reviews of this one. After fifty pages of nothing happening and an abundance of elevated, frivolous, adverb-riddled dialogue, I had to put it down and move on.
Sabrina Parker Davis
Jun 25, 2013 Sabrina Parker Davis rated it it was amazing
Another great read for me
Ronald L Gibby
Nov 03, 2016 Ronald L Gibby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clean romance

Full of clean romance and mystery I enjoyed this book. A relaxing read before bedtime is my goal. Thank you!
Bookswithbenefits
Aug 27, 2013 Bookswithbenefits rated it liked it
Amanda L.V. Shalaby’s debut novel is surprising. Perhaps so different from other historical romances that it might not be too far to say that Shalaby is on her way to creating a new sub-category. For Rhianna is not merely an historical novel. It is a novel that is history. To read Rhianna is to read new seventeenth and eighteenth century fiction. It’s as though some historian has unearthed a never before discovered collection of novels by Samuel Richardson or Susanna Rowson.

The expectation with
preppea
Jan 05, 2013 preppea rated it it was amazing
If you want to read a book that breathes historic romance and has the same gorgeous, lyrical writing as all your favorite classics, then look no further than RHIANNA. Amanda L.V. Shalaby delivers an amazing, fully developed story with twists and turns that keep you captivated while maintaining all of the beautiful writing of times old. She develops a slow-building love story that keeps you wanting more while sharing a tale filled with mystery and suspense.

Rhianna has never felt close to her par
Joanna Lloyd
Feb 06, 2014 Joanna Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Rhianna is a beautifully written book in the style of the Regency classics. I am an avid reader of historical romance but am regularly disappointed by the number of “historicals” which are simply modern tales set in earlier times. Shalaby has perfectly portrayed the habits, speech and fashions of the era. Not to mention the art of understated but sensual love play: the brush of fingertips, a lingering gaze, the tantalising glimpse of an ankle. While I read Rhianna, I was firmly ensconced in the ...more
John
Oct 04, 2012 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so, I never thought myself a Romance reader of any sort. Well, except I tend to read vamp and werewolf stories and there IS romance there, as well as the guy type violence. Now, having said that, I got into reading some of the classics and immensely enjoyed Pride and Prejudice. After joining Goodreads, Amanda and I commented back and forth on a few of the classics and I saw that she had a book of her own, Rhianna. I put in on my to-read shelf and continued reading some of the other books on ...more
WiLoveBooks
Feb 13, 2013 WiLoveBooks rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book.The writing just pulled me in, making it impossible to put down for long. There is mystery, intrigue, suspense, romance, and a bit of witty humor, wrapped in a lovely English historical package. This is one of those books that I had to race through to find out what would happen, only to be disappointed when it was over. Luckily, Audra's story is set to release in April.
Lisa
Jul 23, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very engrossing! Rhianna is a curates daughter ? sent to France for school for 10 years. She becomes a companion to a friend from school. She is suddenly called to England because her parents have died in a coaching accident....now the mystery begins...who is she really? Is Desmond as much of creep as he seems: (I'm betting yes) Does she get with the dreamy Thayne, who was her tormenter as a child? Can't wait to find out!
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Mar 20, 2016 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2016
It's been awhile since I've read a good Gothic. From the description, I thought this could be one. Well, nope. The paternity mystery is easily guessed. Convenient end with the villains. This was very dry and dragged for me.
A complaint. If given a key to a room that has been LOCKED for YEARS, wouldn't you make sure said door was LOCKED again when you left?! Or at the very least make sure the damn door was closed?! Stupid.
Victoria J.
Feb 12, 2013 Victoria J. rated it it was amazing
I loved this book ! Enjoyed every page! It was such a great read that when my mom borrowed the book, she called me and said get yourself another copy I want this one for my library... Oh mom you're not borrowing Audra when it comes out, no way ... LOL I guess I'll be buying 2 copies of the next one.
Kelsey
Jan 02, 2013 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I am going to agree with a lot of the earlier reviews and compare it to Pride and Prejudice with its intense, but appropriate romance. Rhianna was an amazing character and she is the type of person who you root for from the first page until the last word. Fans of historical novels will definitely not want to miss this book.
Shelley Wall
Aug 13, 2012 Shelley Wall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't read too many historicals so this was a treat for me. Amanda Shalaby has a wonderful, almost poetic, way with words. This was a very enjoyable read and I can't wait to see what she puts out next.
InD'tale Magazine
Rhianna is the classic beauty and damsel in distress that one comes to love in this type of story!

Read full review in the 2012 July/August issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Nancy Luebke
Aug 05, 2015 Nancy Luebke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this historical romance. It had mystery, suspense, romance and action. It moved at a good pace and I had a hard time to put it down to do other things. If you believe in love at first sight, you'll enjoy this. This is also book 3 of the Timeless Passion Historical set.
Marya
Oct 09, 2015 Marya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 at most. I'm amazed at the glowing reviews. Awkward writing, some distracting incorrect word choices, too long.
kathy guditis
kathy guditis rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Erin McCauley
Erin McCauley rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2012
Kristin Adams
Kristin Adams rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Frank H. Deery
Frank H. Deery rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Abby
Abby rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2012
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Moochiekabuchi
Moochiekabuchi rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2015
Deb Dassie
Deb Dassie rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2016
  • Once an Heiress (Once A..., #2)
  • The Silverton Scandal
  • Love Me Always
  • Never Run From Love (Kellington, #4)
  • Immortal Healer (The Immortals, #3)
  • Gossamer (Gossamer, #1)
  • A Thistle in the Mist
  • The Nude
  • Echoes in the Mist
  • The Curiosity Cabinet
  • Heated Match (Coded for Love, #1)
  • Her Eternal Rogue
  • The Sheik Retold
  • Heartless
  • The Baron's Betrothal (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
  • The Duke's Undoing
  • Nothing To Commend Her
  • When Angels Fall: A Benedetti Renaissance Mystery: When Angels Fall: A Benedetti Renaissance Mystery - Revised Edition
Amanda L. V. Shalaby is the author of the English historical romantic mystery novels, Rhianna, Audra and Bleddyn Hall . Amanda lives just outside of New York City with her husband of 10 years, Matthew, her two Shih Tzu dogs, Huntley Rochester and Isabella Jane, and a Persian cat named Sebastian.
More about Amanda L.V. Shalaby...