Start by marking “A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)

A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Published November 11th 2012

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Holiday Fling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Holiday Fling

Barb
It’s no mystery why veterinarian Callie Webber is having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit. When the residents of her small hometown aren’t pitying her because of her ex-husband’s very public departure, they’re attempting to hook her up with a man…any man. Fed up with being everyone’s favorite charity case, Callie considers closing her animal clinic and moving to the big city. But, before she goes, she decides to give herself a Christmas treat to remember: a romantic holiday fling. And ...more
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

A Perfect Holiday Fling started off alright. Stefan is taking care of his nephew when his mom is deployed. He is also waiting for the test results to see if he can fly anymore, if his navy career will be over. His nephew finds a stray cat who is injured and they take her to the vet. Enter Callie, the vet, who thinks the town pities her since her husband left her for another woman.

Callie is a little down on herself and doesn't really trust people to not lea
Martha
I really enjoyed this book. Sometimes stories (or books) come across as totally unbelievable with ridiculous characters and unrealistic plots but sometimes you have to put aside what your idea of believable or real is and just let the story take you.

This was a really quick read, a story of a man's dedication to his twin sister to care for her son while she serves her country in Afghanistan as he awaits the decision from his doctor as to whether or not he will be able to continue his service as w
Anna Marie
Well, I tried to read it, anyhow.

This is the longer and worse version of 'Mistletoe Magic' that I read the day before yesterday, only backwards. This time, the chick is the vet, and the guy finds the kitty that needs medical assistance, and they meet n'stuff. But if you ask me? Read Mistletoe Magic. It's shorter and FAR, *FAR* better.

First we have Stefan, who's twin sister Stefanie (gah...) has deployed, leaving her 5yo son with her brother (who is waiting for the medical board to decide if he g
Amber Daulton
Stefan Sutherland (what a sexy name!) moved to Maplesville, LA to take care of his five-year-old nephew when the boy���s mom, Stefan���s sister, is called away to Afghanistan since she���s part of the Army Reserves. Stefan is on leave from the Navy because of an accident in the field (or rather air���he���s a pilot) so he agrees to watch over her son. He���s been in the Navy for 14 years but, instead of being rough and callous, he���s soft and sweet. War obviously hadn���t hardened him which is ...more
Lila DiPasqua
A PERFECT HOLIDAY FLING by Farrah Rochon is a heartwarming, seriously sexy Christmas story. Stefan Sutherland is doing his best to make this Christmas all that it can be for his nephew while his sister is deployed in Afghanistan. Adopting a stray cat to make his young nephew happy was the last thing he expected to do. Correction. Meeting the town’s hot vet, and desire and feelings she inspires are the last things this Navy pilot expected to happen.

But it’s making Maplesville look a whole lot be
Lori Leger
Loved this one from Ms. Rochon. I don't have much time to read, and I write as well, which has turned me into a picky reader. When I find myself looking forward to opening my Kindle to read a book I've started, that's a good thing. Callie and Stefan's story drew me in from the beginning. Loved the way she worked a woman, a single mother, at that, still having to go overseas to serve as a military nurse. Also loved the fact that the wounded uncle, recuperating and worried about his own career as ...more
Ellen (more books, please)
More like a 3.5.

Engaging writing, likeable characters in what is a seemingly good matchup.

Too short to really "believe."

HFN ending, if that matters. But they can't envision ever being apart, so interpret as you wish.

Good writing, but more types/editing issues than one would expect in such a short book. Not so much to throw you out of the story, but enough to make you go "Really?"

Enjoyed it. Will probably buy the rest of the series, even though the price is pretty high for the length of the produ
D
Yvonna
A quick-to-read little Christmas romance that gave me a brief respite from hectic schedule of the season.
Dafort
A Perfect Holiday Fling was a quick read and a lovely story where a stray kitten brings two souls together to discover true love. Callie Webber is the local veterinarian that examines a stray kitten brought in by Stefan Sutherland. Can we say instant attraction with these two. The chemistry was strong between this couple and Callie was fighting it all the way. Of course there are issues she needs to resolve about past incidents and he is dealing with a potential crisis. Can these two work throug ...more
Joann
Cute little Christmas read.
Laurie
Sugar and spice, and everything nice is how I would describe this holiday novella. Mix together a sexy Navy pilot, who is taking care of his five year old nephew with a pretty vet, who ends up taking care of the stray cat that the 'boys' bring in, add a dash of small town charm and you have an enjoyable read.
The sparks fly between Stephan and Callie. They have to decide whether this is just a holiday fling or is it leading to something more?
Trish
Another holiday ebook almost freebie (99 cents). This was a whimsical romance set in a Mayberry sort of town. It is more of a novella than a full book, but the story is cute and well told. What do you expect with a young boy and a dog? I mean really?

Sweet, light, and a tad forgettable, but nice holiday reading.
N. Kuhn
Now here we have a sweet, sexy, eye watering, heart pounding romance! Take a man about to lose his military career, his nephew who's father died and mom is over seas in afghanistan and an orphaned cat. Throw them together with a sexy vet and the holidays, and it makes it all this amazing book! I really loved it. It was sweet, not too predictible, no drama, just fun, sweet, sexiness and some holiday cheer!
Andrea Buschman
A couple of cute people come together in a cute story. Throw in an adorable little kid and a stray cat, and you don't need any leftover Christmas candy. The story is sweet enough.
Nola Arganbright
A wonderful contemporary romance th st will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling. Stefan has agreed to care for his young nephew while,his twin sister is deployed in Afghanistan. Callie is the small town vet and has been to long without love. The young boy and his stray cat are the binding force. A great read to put you in the holiday spirit.
Kimberly
This was a great love story. The attraction between Stefan and Callie was immediate. Stefan was battling the uncertainty of his future and so was Callie. Stefan was also, taking care of his nephew which was also a challenge for him. Callie was trying to run from her problems. In the end things worked out for the best.
Cheri
Great for what it is...a short (novella length) Christmas romance. There are some deep issues, but they are not fully explored due to the length. And that's okay. That makes it a fast read that can get you away from the holiday madness for a couple of hours.
Kathryn
For a novella, this book was jam packed with lovey dovey goodness. I want to know more about Callie and Stefan. I need to read some prequels about what brought them to this point and what happens next. This author really has a way of grabbing your attention and making you care about the characters.
Cheer Papworth
So I read a rash of bad Christmas romance novels she I was in the hospital...I blame in on the drugs.
Betty Ann Baer
A vet and an injury army pilot become friends. They help each other out.
Theresa
It was a sweet love story.Navy pilot Stefan Sutherland reminds veterinarian Callie Webber that there are some good men left in the world. Still feeling the sting of her husbands' betrayal Stefan enters her life and gives her a taste of what her future could be.
Twyla
Starts decent enough, but then it read like "oops, ran out of space, time to wrap things up" leaving the reader with a wtf outlook.
Jackie Roberts

What a way to start off the Christmas holiday with a novella from Farrah Rochon. Loved the main characters and the flow of the storyline. A truly wonderful happy ending. Looking forward to Book Two.
Rachelle
Wasn't at all what I was expecting. Super cheesy and predictable. Not at all the type of thing I like to read (not even sure why I finished!). Guess that's what I get for reading a freebie book.
Kelly_Instalove
It has all the usual back-home-to-small-town elements of a hundred other holiday romances, but this one works because of the characters and the chemistry. MY GOD, THE CHEMISTRY. Unf.
Anjanette Rusmisel
Fun light quick read
Karen
Very cute; will look for more by this author
HeyJamie
I love a good romance and this book had an interesting premise but I found it completely unbelievable so it was hard to follow these characters on their journey.
African-American ...: February BB: A Perfect Holiday Fling 19 15 Feb 26, 2014 12:03PM
  • Mistletoe Magic (Copper Mountain Christmas, #3)
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • Perfect (Love Series, #1)
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Hope for Christmas (Noel, Montana, #1)
  • Joyfully Yours
  • Christmas with the Alexanders (The Alexanders, #3.5)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • A White Hot Christmas
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • An Officer and a Rebel (Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Merry Sexy Christmas: Overtime Love\Ex-mas Reunion\A Holiday Affair
  • The Christmas Sisters
  • Brenda's Christmas Desire (Dreams Come True #2)
  • Silver Bells
  • The Christmas Ball
  • Jingle This!
  • Unexpected Gifts (Castle Mountain Lodge, #1)
A native of south Louisiana, Farrah Rochon officially began her writing career while waiting in between classes in the student lounge at Xavier University of Louisiana. After earning her Bachelors of Science degree and a Masters of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University, Farrah decided to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published novelist. She was named Shades of Romance Magazine's Be ...more
More about Farrah Rochon...
Deliver Me The Rebound Guy I'll Catch You (New York Sabers Football, #3) Rescue Me Release Me