Start by marking “Maybe they'll remember me” as Want to Read:

Maybe they'll remember me

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  11 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews

Fifty years later, Gregory, the middle-aged son of Har
Published October 6th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Maybe they'll remember me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe they'll remember me

Nancy
Oct 05, 2016 Nancy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Wendy Janes
Mar 25, 2014 Wendy Janes rated it really liked it
Harold is a young sailor who falls in love with impulsive, beautiful Kate. They are unable to make a life together, and Harold meets and marries Maggie. Decades later Harold and Maggie’s middle-aged son, Gregory, is summoned by Kate who reveals long-held family secrets.

I loved how the author takes us on an exploration of the psychology of each of the main characters. Eccentric, charismatic Kate wants the freedom to pursue her acting career, and a perfect love that will never fade. Maggie has suf
Jo Notary
206p During and after the Second World War, Harold a young sailor in the British Merchant Navy serving on the Queen Mary, falls in love with the wild, impetuous Kate. But Kate's dreams to become an actress and a singer, and her growing success, prevent her from making a life with Harold. So Harold meets and marries Maggie...
Fifty years later, Gregory, the middle-aged son of Harold and Maggie, hears the tumultuous story of his parents' lives from the now elderly Kate, living in present day Switze
A
Aug 28, 2013 A rated it really liked it
Lives intertwine over the generations with an exploration of Maggie and Harold's weird, loveless marriage, their son Gregory and the captivating Kate Spalding.

I enjoyed this book and the interesting plot twists.

With a few minor criticisms I thought the characters were well-drawn although Kate is the stand out star as a wonderfully vivacious and yet strangely enigmatic person.

This is an interesting, thought-provoking book and, whilst ultimately rather sad, still very engaging.
Cheryllynn Dyess
Cheryllynn Dyess rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Quad600
Quad600 rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
johnnie b watson
johnnie b watson rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2015
C.J.
C.J. rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
K.A. Yodock
K.A. Yodock rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Cheryl Utter
Cheryl Utter rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2016
M.K.
M.K. rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Jan Lahney
Jan Lahney rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2012
C.L.
C.L. marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Bridget Knight
Bridget Knight marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Deborah Mitton
Deborah Mitton marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Nancy Shew
Nancy Shew marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Jackie Parry
Jackie Parry marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Julie Proudfoot
Julie Proudfoot marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2016
James Okun
James Okun marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
good read well written with interesting storyline 1 2 Nov 22, 2012 04:08PM
My Writer's page: http://philipnewey.com/

My business page: All-read-E (manuscript assessment, copy editing and proofreading) http://philipnewey.com/All-read-E.htm

Everyone wants to write at least one novel, right? Well, from a very early age, somewhere in my mid teens, when I began to read in earnest, I know that I have. It probably had something to do with that terrible-beautiful teenage angst tha
More about Philip Newey...