Start by marking “Don't Cry for Me, Hot Pastrami” as Want to Read:
Don't Cry for Me, Hot Pastrami

Don't Cry for Me, Hot Pastrami (Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife #3)

Sailing the Caribbean on a bargain cruise line, Ruby and members from her temple discover day old dinners and portholes sealed with bubblegum. The good news is Ruby finds love on deck. The bad news is he may be a killer.
Published November 5th 2002 by Berkley (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Cry for Me, Hot Pastrami, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't Cry for Me, Hot Pastrami

Deborah Sigel
Aug 02, 2016 Deborah Sigel rated it really liked it
Ed
#3 in the Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife series.

Ruby wins a cruise to St. Thomas in a temple raffle. Essie Sue has arranged a temple group tour on a liner captained by her cousin Horatio. The scheduled speaker is murdered and Ruby's life is threatened because of something she is suspected of knowing.

smalls
Feb 23, 2007 smalls rated it did not like it
I didn't think this was such a great book. I hated the narrative. But finally got past it. The story itself was not too bad. Fairly easy to figure out. However there are three characters in the book that are totally obnoxious and I wanted to slap them all. Mostly the rabbi. Man, did he drive me crazy. If I knew this person in real life, I would have to seriously hurt him. As well as the character Essie Sue. But for sure the Rabbi. This is not a man to be in leadership. What a disgrace! I know it ...more
Congregation Beth-El Zedeck Library
The reviews say-"third Rabbi's wife mystery, DONT CRY FOR ME, HOT PASTRAMI, is an amusing who-done-it due to the internal sufferings and asides of Ruby. The story line is fun though a reader might wonder why Ruby puts up with Essie Sue, a professional nudnick. Essie Sue is as aggressive a character one will find in a cozy while the Rabbi needs to borrow some of her chutzpah so he will not continue to look like a putz. Fans of an ethnic who-done-it will enjoy this tale that requires noshing a bag ...more
Bobbi Day
Just okay
Becca
May 02, 2016 Becca rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reccos-from-dad
Read it for the crazy title, and that alone. Has got to be one of the worst books I've ever read (and horribly edited - typos all over the place!). No wonder my dad's library was getting rid of it. I think I'll take a cue from them and remove this from my shelf immediately.
Barbara

The rabbi's wife books are an amusing mystery series with an interesting group of characters. The amateur crime solving sleuth is Ruby - wife of the previous (now deceased) rabbi of her temple. Ruby has a good sense of humor and good instincts. Good light read.
Mary
Feb 11, 2010 Mary rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read-2010
Ruby is a doll; but don't you think three murder attempts is a couple to many for a 225 page book? I have run out of patience with Rabbi Kevin and Essie Sue.
Kim
Sep 10, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
In this, the second of the series, Ruby ends up on a cruise, slightly against her will. There is humor, mystery, and romance. I look forward to more in this series.
Chana
Feb 11, 2009 Chana rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Silly, but not as many laughs as I had hoped. And part of the way through I realized that I had read this before.
Becky
Sep 20, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
Quick, easy, no thinking required read, which was exactly what I needed this week.
Michelle Schingler
Nov 13, 2013 Michelle Schingler rated it liked it
A quick and easy read; humorous and enjoyable. Tasty fluff.
Shannon
Sep 15, 2016 Shannon rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned-books
abandoned
Rebecca
Jul 08, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Fun easy read
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Doreen
Doreen added it
Sep 02, 2016
Amy Friedman
Amy Friedman rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Soozie
Soozie added it
Jul 25, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 09, 2016
Audrey
Audrey added it
Jul 12, 2016
Teresa LaRue
Teresa LaRue rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Germaine
Germaine rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Katrina
Katrina rated it liked it
May 12, 2016
Sarah Sammis
Sarah Sammis marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Elizabeth Hein
Elizabeth Hein rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
  • Death du Jour (The Spice Box, #2)
  • Bethlehem Road Murder (Michael Ohayon, #5)
  • Turkey Flambé (A Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #10)
  • The Nantucket Diet Murders (Eugenia Potter, #3)
  • Dim Sum Dead (Madeline Bean, #4)
  • The Day the Rabbi Resigned
  • Thou Shalt Not Grill (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #12)
  • Black Beans and Vice (A Supper Club Mystery, #6)
  • Sucker Punch (A Candy Shop Mystery, #5)
  • The Body in the Bonfire (Faith Fairchild, #12)
Sharon Kahn has worked as arbitrator and attorney, and is a graduate of Vassar College and the University of Arizona Law School. The mother of three, she lives in Austin, Texas.

Sharon spent thirty-one years as a rabbi’s wife, inspiring the creation of Agatha nominated Fax Me A Bagel (Scribner) -- an Alternate Selection of the Book of the Month Club, with Ruby the Rabbi’s Wife doing the sleuthing.
More about Sharon Kahn...

Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife (6 books)
  • Fax Me a Bagel
  • Never Nosh a Matzo Ball
  • Hold The Cream Cheese, Kill The Lox (Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife, #4)
  • Which Big Giver Stole the Chopped Liver? (Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife, #5)
  • Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Choir: A Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife Mystery (Ruby, the Rabbi's Wife, #6)