Start by marking “Holiday Sparks” as Want to Read:
Holiday Sparks

Holiday Sparks

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Darcy Tucker hates Christmas. Being lead supervisor at a department store shows her the very worst of humanity. When her holiday display is demolished, she turns to the least likely person she knows—her hot, tattooed tenant who seems to get off on the very idea of Christmas. Maybe she can get him to decorate the store and stop decorating her house.

Tattoo artist Ben Hartley
Published December 21st 2012 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Sparks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Sparks

Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Dec 19, 2012 Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it really liked it
4.5 Star review

Holiday Sparks by Taryn Elliott is sure to put a spark and sizzle in your holiday reading this season.

Darcy Tucker a.k.a Ms. Scrooge can’t stand Christmas or anything festive. Her family never quite celebrated Christmas growing up and her job as a lead supervisor at a department store pretty much sealed the deal.

Ben Hartley is Christmas personified; when Darcy comes homes after a rather rough and disastrous day at work to find her tenant Ben has turned their duplex into a neighbor
Phuong
Dec 22, 2012 Phuong rated it it was amazing
Taryn Elliott has written another great story with relatable characters, witty dialogue, hot sex scenes and an adorable scene stealing child. The heroine, Darcy, hates Christmas and anything that has to do with it, especially since she works in retail. After a horrible day she is livid when she comes home to Christmas lighting, decorations and music adorning her duplex thanks to her tenant, Ben who loves Christmas. I adored sexy tattoo artist, Ben who had his work cut out for him in trying to li ...more
Sunny (Kindles & Wine Book Blog)
I was in the mood to get into the holiday spirit and have been meaning to read Taryn Elliott's book, Holiday Sparks. I am so glad I had this at the ready. A quick read with a sexy opposites attract plot made for an excellent read.

Darcy is a straight-laced woman driven by her work. Because she works in retail, her hatred for the holidays is strong! So when a work fiasco forces her to decorate the store for Christmas, the sparks really do start to fly. Why? Namely, Ben! This tall, dark and handsom
Stevie Kisner
Dec 22, 2012 Stevie Kisner rated it it was amazing
Take a time-out from the bustle of the holidays. You need to give yourself the gift of ‘Holiday Sparks.’ Don’t worry, you won’t be needing a cup of hot chocolate to keep you warm. Darcy and Ben generate enough heat to melt an eight-foot snowman.

Funny? Laugh-out-loud style. Real characters you can sink your emotions into? Another yup. Heartstrings pulled? Taryn played mine like a flamenco guitar, baby.

Decking the halls now has a whole new (and naughty ~ sorry, Santa) set of images running throug
Emilie Grey
Dec 26, 2012 Emilie Grey rated it it was amazing
HOLIDAY SPARKS!

damn, where can i find a guy like Ben in this world? LOL i wish he exist!

well, lucky for Darcy to have a tenant as hot as hell, as sexy as sex god, as charming as a prince and as an awesome tattoo artist! GOSH! Ben is indeed what a girl can ask for. he's not into money. as long as he's happy on what does then he's contented. i just wanted to say... I SUPER ENVY DARCY TUCKER. gosh! it leaves me speechless. i want to read it all over again!

oh oh oh Ben, marry me please! :))
Scandal
Dec 31, 2012 Scandal rated it really liked it
4.5 scandaliciously steamy hot stars!

Lordy be, lordy be that Ben needs to wear a mistletoe belt year round. That man is delicious and look at that cover - are you kidding me with that cover?!!?

Follow this link to my complete Scandalicious Book Review:
Tamika Grey
Mar 03, 2015 Tamika Grey rated it did not like it
Its not a thrilling or insightful read. I mean, Darcy just seems so unreal and fictional. I get that's its fiction, but there's gotta be a way to connect with the characters in a good story no matter how fictional or unbelievable. Bottom line, it was a boring book, not worth the time.
Evie
Oct 02, 2015 Evie rated it it was amazing
A complete opposites attract, what's not to like.

Christmas is the one holiday Darcy abhors. Worst of all she works in retail, so just imagine what that means to her store. There is nothing about Christmas that she likes, if it were for her there shouldn't be such a holiday. To make matters worst, she gets into an argument with one very pissed off customer who not only gives her a hard time but also leaves a little something to remember him by. Soon, she finds herself stuck with fixing the mess,
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 STARS

What happens when Elf meets the Grinch? In the case of Holiday Sparks by Taryn Elliot the sparks turn into a raging inferno of lust followed by so much more. Despite all the holiday hustle and bustle, working retail overload and a family issue that threatened their new relationship this was a sexy story that will spice up your holiday!
The Grinch ain’t got nothing on Darcy Tucker. Darcy hate Christmas with a passion and working retail
Emmie
Jul 17, 2014 Emmie rated it liked it
Synopsis:

Darcy Tucker hates Christmas. Being lead supervisor at a department store shows her the very worst of humanity. When her holiday display is demolished, she turns for help to the least likely person she knows—her hot, tattooed tenant, who seems to get off on the very idea of Christmas. Maybe she can get him to decorate the store and stop decorating her house.

Tattoo artist Ben Hartley may not look jolly, but Christmas is his favorite holiday. When Darcy gets in a jam and reveals her vulne
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm super excited to be with you all this Christmas morning. I hope that you all are having a Merry Christmas. So, during the craziness of preparing for Santa, I was able to a hot streamy christmas read. A self-fanning read. Without further ado let me share Holiday Sparks by Taryn Elliot.

Darcy Tucker HATES Christmas. I know who doesn't love Christmas, sounds kind of Grinchy to me. Anyways. I guess I can understand her hatred toward
Bea
I don't hate Christmas but I spent 2/3 of my life working in retail, either part-time or full-time, and I can empathize with Darcy. Working in retail definitely kills some of the Christmas joy. I've enjoyed Christmas more since leaving retail. Ben was also relatable. While I don't have tattoos myself, many of my friends do, so I enjoyed getting an inside peek at how and what a tattoo artist does.

Darcy and Ben make for a nice couple. They have misunderstandings and emotional issues to work throug
Nina
Mar 02, 2013 Nina rated it really liked it
**4.5 Stars**

Holiday Sparks was a fun holiday read that packed in plenty of heat, humor, passion, and romance. Ben and Darcy was an engaging couple who I took an instant liking to. I very much enjoyed reading about their budding romance as well as their interactions with one another. They had great chemistry and the passion between them was obvious. I also couldn't wait to see how Ben was going to help Darcy overcome her hatred for Christmas.

Like Ben, I was curious as to why Darcy hated Christma
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

What do I like most in a good read? Story first, smokin’ hot romance second. By George, I think Ms. Elliott has got it correct!

It does seem almost trite, when, at the beginning, the “work is everything” Darcy goes off on her tenant, Ben, for decorating the entire house for the holidays. The “situation at work” provides her a convenient reason to have to interact with him. Personally, I don’t know any managers of a large retail establi
Mar 07, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
What did I think? I thought it was wonderful. And NOT just because it was partially set in North Easton :)

Very sweet and sexy in a touchingly romantic way. I love Ben and understand why Taryn falls in love with her leading men! Darcy didn't stand a chance. I'm sorry I waited so long to read this one.

Not wasting any time on the next one -- I'm reading Suspended now...
Stephanie Monahan
Feb 09, 2013 Stephanie Monahan rated it really liked it
This book has it all--a great opposites attract chemistry between Darcy & Ben, humor, and a really touching story too. And Ben and his tattoo parlor (sigh). I also really enjoyed Ben's relationship with his brother and niece, would love to see them pop up in another story! Set against a Christmas backdrop, I would definitely recommended for any time of year.
Anna
Jan 30, 2015 Anna rated it liked it
Fun story that keeps you interested right to the end. I have never been fond of lies between couples though, particularly ones that stretch to the end of the book holding a cloud over everything and this story is a bit like that. Otherwise, enjoyable.
Verodarling Melani
Jun 13, 2013 Verodarling Melani rated it really liked it
A lovely story. Ben was great and the "sparks" between him and Darcy were hot and sweet at the same time. I even liked all the side characters (except Gary, of course).
I'd be interested to read other books by this author.
Jenn
Apr 25, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story, with lots of hot sex. Definitely worth the read!
Melanie
Dec 25, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
3.5*s
A nice, fun read with a hot tattoed man who loves Christmas :)
Nancy
Really enjoyable holiday story. Love Ben.
Laurie
Dec 21, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, sweet read. Witty and steamy.
Marran
Jan 01, 2013 Marran rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-content
This was a pretty cute holiday read...
Amelia
Jan 29, 2013 Amelia rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Review coming...
Lady
Lady marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Strawberry
Strawberry marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Staphysagria
Staphysagria marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
  • Hidden Fire
  • Special Gifts
  • Anticipation (Brothers Ink #2)
  • Dare Me
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • Choosing Chase
  • Nightfall
  • The Deepest Ocean (Eden #2)
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
  • Worth the Trip
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Love Conspiracy
I'm USA Today Bestselling author Taryn Elliott. I'm a music freak who loves everything about telling stories. I have way too many ideas rattling around in my head, but music almost always ends up in the story somehow. I'm very lucky to have a job that allows me to slip into the shoes of musicians, actors, business women, tycoons, bodyguards, chefs, bakers, carpenters, inventors, bartenders, wine m ...more
More about Taryn Elliott...