Start by marking “The Black Sultan” as Want to Read:
The Black Sultan

The Black Sultan

Enjoy this Triumphant Tale. American Eddie Moran is about to be captured in Morocco by the French Foreign Legion when bullets start flying at two gentlemen walking right towards him. Saving the men, Eddie learns that one is the US vice-consul, but the other is the recently deposed Berber leader, El Zidan. When a friendship forms between them, Eddie escapes the French with ...more
Published March 21st 2013 by Galaxy Press

To ask other readers questions about The Black Sultan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Sultan

Dr. David David
Apr 20, 2016 Dr. David David rated it it was amazing
There used to be time in the world when you could travel more. Just about anyone could travel just about anywhere and come home alive. Sure, there were always troubles from bandits and thieves, but there wasn't a sense of global insecurity like we have nowadays. Events make you feel like at any given moment you could leave home get blown up by a radical Muslim. I consider those good old days to be the golden age of modern exploration.

That's the world you can find in most of L. Ron Hubbard's Gala
Michelle
Playing Jokers Blog: all suits of genres and book news

I have received perhaps a startling and at the same time very generous amount of L. Ron Hubbard stories to read and review. The Black Sultan is the sixth one I have consumed and the second one dealing with that ultimate of strange armies, the French Foreign Legion.

I appreciate that Galaxy Audio makes an effort to ensure that the two discs in the audio production are completely filled, sometimes adding a second or third story to round it out.
Steven Brandt (Audiobook-Heaven)
For the last five years or so, Galaxy Audio has been producing the golden age works of L Ron Hubbard in an audio format. These are Hubbard’s pulp-era titles from the 1930’s and 40’s, which were originally published in the various periodicals of the day. Galaxy Audio is really doing the job right, recording the stories with theater quality music and sound effects and a superbly talented cast of voice actors. It’s like listening to a movie. There’s no picture, sure, but Hubbard’s descriptive ...more
Natalie
Mar 13, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I received 'The Black Sultan" by L. Ron Hubbard from Galaxy Press as a review copy for Library Thing Member giveaways. The Black Sultan is about Eddie Moran who is about to be captured in Morocco by the French Foreign Legion. He sees bullets flying at two gentlemen who turn out to be the American vice consul and the other is the recently deposed Berber leader El Zidan. The Black Sultan is full of action and suspense. Plus it also has a little romance. Corey Burton gives an awesome audio ...more
Shirley
Apr 05, 2013 Shirley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have yet to be disappointed by Galaxy Audio's presentations of L. Ron Hubbard's classic pulp fiction. The Black Sultan lived up to my expections for a lively adventure. The main character overcame what appeared to be insurmountable obstacles with cleverness and finesse. His ability to outmaneuver the enemy, who in this case was the Black Sultan, was not only remarkable but amusing. This audio CD is a treat for the listener.
Richard Gillispie
Mar 29, 2013 Richard Gillispie rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
This is the first time I read anything from L. Ron Hubbard. I was very pleased with the two stories that were in this book.

The Black Sultan is the main story and was great. Escape for Three was the second story and it also was great.

I won this book in a giveaway on goodreads for an honest review.

Hubbard was a genius of his time and I look forward to reading more of his work.
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
I received a set of L. Ron Hubbard audiobooks to review. This was one of them. The audiobook portion was very well-done and was more like a radio drama of old and less like a traditional audiobook. I did not care for the actual book though.
Tommy
Jan 21, 2014 Tommy rated it really liked it
I loved this book! It was a quick read, full of adventure and the hero is a real hero! I will read all of L. Ron Hubbard's books I can get my hands on.
Amy
Jan 13, 2015 Amy marked it as to-read
*This book was won from a First Reads giveaway on goodreads.com*
Aaron
Aaron rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Tyler
Tyler rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Gil T.
Gil T. rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Rena
Dec 14, 2012 Rena marked it as to-read
I won this book from First Reads Giveaway. Waiting to read it when I receive it. Thanks.
Pete Griffiths
Pete Griffiths rated it did not like it
May 01, 2013
Amanda Rhoads
Amanda Rhoads rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Karen Jensen
Karen Jensen rated it liked it
May 19, 2013
Sarah - Exploring All Genres
3.5 Stars. A pretty good read. Review to come.
Amanda Belyew
Amanda Belyew rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Jim
May 25, 2013 Jim rated it liked it
Good old fashioned drama. Clean! Enjoyed the novelette.
Bon Son
Bon Son rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2013
Lynne
Dec 14, 2012 Lynne marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you.
Steven Shroyer
Steven Shroyer rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2013
Skyler
Skyler rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Kaj Samuelsson
Dec 05, 2012 Kaj Samuelsson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very well written and intriguing book that keeps you on your toes.
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Teracia
Teracia marked it as to-read
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jef
Jef marked it as to-read
Robin Catrett
Robin Catrett marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Bill Mackela
Bill Mackela marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Victoria Phillips
Victoria Phillips marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Gary
Gary marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Kim McHughes
Kim McHughes marked it as to-read
Stephanie Larison
Stephanie Larison marked it as to-read
Frank Martorana
Frank Martorana marked it as to-read
Rickie Hinrichs
Rickie Hinrichs marked it as to-read
Amanda Torres
Amanda Torres marked it as to-read
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Michelle St. James
Michelle St. James marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Kelly Barker
Kelly Barker marked it as to-read
Fay Summers
Fay Summers marked it as to-read
Joanne Stanton
Joanne Stanton marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
L. Ron Hubbard was a popular pulp writer of science fiction, fantasy, adventure, mysteries and westerns during the 1930s and later founder of Dianetics and Scientology.

With 19 New York Times bestsellers and more than 350 million copies of his works in circulation, L. Ron Hubbard is among the most acclaimed and widely read authors of our time. As a leading light of American Pulp Fiction through the
More about L. Ron Hubbard...