Start by marking “Little Dead Man” as Want to Read:
Little Dead Man

Little Dead Man

Garret Weir has just turned seventeen. For any normal teen this would be quite the milestone. But for Garret it’s even more amazing he’s made it to this age, because in Garret’s life the human population of the Earth is gone, changed and turned into flesh hungry zombies, or “necs”, as he calls them. In the world he was born into, except for his parents that have kept him s ...more
Published November 8th 2012 by Samannah Media (first published November 1st 2012)

Belladonna420
Nov 20, 2012 Belladonna420 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jake-bible
I really enjoyed this book. It was a slightly different take on the zombie genre with loads of action, laugh out loud moments and even some tender, tear-jerking scenes. I was sorry to finish the book and I can't wait for the sequel, which I'm assuming there will be because of the way the story ended.
Allison P
Jan 08, 2016 Allison P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Best book i have ever read. 10/10
This book is about a seventeen year old boy named Garret going through a zombie apocalypse, he has a brother.....but they're closer than they may seem. His little brother Garth is a Zombie, and he's attached to Garret's spine. Find out all the types of zombies and struggles throughout this apocalypse in this book "Little Dead Man".
Kathleen
I wasn't sure If I should rate this because so many people loved the book, and I felt like it's not really *for me* in the first place. I am not a young adult and would not have selected this for myself, but received it in a mystery box of zombie stuff and the reviews were so good. I picked it up to see what the fuss is all about. I'm still not sure, honestly.

I ultimately decided to go ahead with the rating. It's YA and I'm an OA, so at first I thought maybe I just didn't get it. But then I tho
Cory
Nov 12, 2012 Cory rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: zombie-lovers that love action-packed stories
Recommended to Cory by: Jake Bible
Shelves: horror, zombies
“I’m forced to be insane in this insane world, but by knowing I’m insane it makes me sane.”

Seems legit.

Recently I’m a total sucker for everything that has to do with zombies, so I was very happy to receive “Little Dead Man” from Jake Bible as a review copy.

The reader is immediately thrown into the story, drawn into a world that has ended quite some time ago and which is now populated by zombies, cannibals (ermahgerd that’s quite a brave idea to put cannibals in a story! Hardly ever read about th
Erinn
Oct 07, 2016 Erinn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up at a horror convention mainly because it was free and the idea of a zombie conjoined twin cracked me up. I did not expect to end up devouring it as fast as I could. I did not expect it to be so well written and entertaining, in my experience not many young adult novels are. It's fast paced and easy to read, and just a fun story.
Elicia Cheah
Dec 08, 2012 Elicia Cheah rated it it was amazing
You can also find this review at http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot...

Detailed Review: Don't turn away from reading this review after you've seen the cover. Never ever judge a book by it's cover, haven't you guys heard it before? Though I've done it a couple of times I almost never do that. Unlike my fellow blogger Chloe. It's true! Ask her yourself!

Ok enough of joking. What makes me think this book is so awesome and brilliant. First the action and suspense, it keeps you wanting more. It leav
Lori
Jun 30, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing
How do you even go about reviewing something as fantastically amazing as Little Dead Man?
I don't even know what to say. I was completely blown away by how good this book is. I thought for sure it would be a campy sort of funny take on the zombie apocalypse. What I got was funny, but it was also probably one of the best zombie books I have ever read. In my entire life!
Seriously this book is disgusting, funny, action packed, dramatic, all while keeping it pretty PG if I may add.
Garret and Garth
Pepper
Nov 26, 2016 Pepper rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sold
Loved this book! This book pulls you in from the first chapter, ties you up and doesn't let you go until the last chapter. This story is so well written and the characters so awesome that it left me wanting more, more, more! I simply can't wait until the next one in this series is out.
The only bad thing I have to say about this story is that it took away my sleep, because I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN until I had finished it.
I unloaded the dishwasher, washed the counters, and did countless other chore
Dane Locke
Nov 10, 2016 Dane Locke rated it it was amazing
Garret Weir has just turned seventeen. That is a big accomplishment because in Garret’s life, the human population of the Earth is gone, changed and turned into flesh hungry zombies, or “necs”, as he calls them. However, he is not the only seventeen year old in the family. He has a undead brother attached to his spine named Garth, and he won’t leave Garret in peace. I guess you could say Garth helped Garret get stronger, because he was out-pacing his dad by the age of 10. Him and his family live ...more
PJ Lea
Jan 11, 2016 PJ Lea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Another Jake Bible story that I could not put down!
Garrett is a fantastic character, along with Garth. Great action, with loads of opponents for this 17year old to face up against. Blood and guts galore, with the possibility of a cure.
The ending gives me hope that there will be another book.
Margaret
Jan 13, 2016 Margaret rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome-Awesome-Awesome!!!!!!!

This is one of the best stories I have read of this genre even if it's a YA story. Hope there will be more! This book is different and I loved the story lines. Please follow up with more-more-more!!!!!! Loved it!
Ellen
Oct 26, 2015 Ellen rated it liked it
I liked the really interesting twist of conjoined half-alive twins. That was different. And weird. I like weird. I didn't like that all the secrets at the end were obviously half formed (unless a sequel is coming) so nothing was really finished. It was just left hanging.
Mike
Jun 02, 2015 Mike rated it liked it
Over the top as usual for the author. Liked the book, too many editing mistakes (misspelled words mainly, like the novel was auto corrected by an Iphone).
M. Ball
Jan 07, 2016 M. Ball rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 big stars

A new take on the zombie apocalypse. I loved the Z-Burbia series, and i felt the same way about Little Dead Man. I wish it was a series though. :(
Gapeach
Mar 14, 2015 Gapeach rated it liked it
Typical zombie story but the twist is Garrett has a conjoined twin who died at birth, so he is carrying around a zombie baby on his back.
SUSAN BONILLA
Apr 10, 2015 SUSAN BONILLA rated it it was amazing
I really like this one, it was really different. Jake Bible is quickly becoming one of my favorite zombie authors. Keep up the great writing!
April Manuel
Oct 20, 2015 April Manuel rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library
Come on book 2, can't even describe it!
Brittany
Brittany rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016
Brian K
Brian K rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Paivi Lindqvist
Paivi Lindqvist rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2017
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Scott Roche
Scott Roche rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2012
Lindsay Porter
Lindsay Porter rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Mike Getgen
Mike Getgen rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
May 04, 2016
Natalie Martinez
Natalie Martinez rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Erik T
Erik T rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
bettie anne seaton
bettie anne seaton rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Robert Garcia
Robert Garcia rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Jake Bible, Bram Stoker Award nominated-novelist, short story writer, independent screenwriter, podcaster, and inventor of the Drabble Novel, has entertained thousands with his horror, sci/fi, thriller, and adventure tales. He reaches audiences of all ages with his uncanny ability to write a wide range of characters and genres.

Jake is the author of the bestselling Z-Burbia series set in Asheville,
More about Jake Bible...