Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)

Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Be careful what you wish for. When the breakup of her family forces Grae White’s mother to move her two children from their privileged city life to her hometown in the mountains of Virginia, all Grae wants is to be invisible in her new life. But that’s rather hard when everyone knows that her father is the latest headline-grabbing white collar criminal, the most popular bo...more
Published September 14th 2012 by Two Southern Belles Publishing

Angel **Book Junkie**
maybe it isn't fair to rate a book when you have been stuck in a reading rut..the last few days when not one book jumps out at you and says READ me. I think the story line was okay but, it took to long to get to the plot of the story. I felt like moving into the mansion took forever and Grae's father was just a jerk! while writing the review I felt it was a 2.5 stars but since I couldn't give that I felt that maybe it would be a three I didn't hate it but, did not love it either.
Cara
Review: Grae has just been thrown into the adventure of a lifetime. Her father has been just been thrown in jail for fraud. Her mother, her, and her brother Perry are forced to start over with a clean slate. They used to be rich and have want for nothing. They have to learn how to be poor. So they move to a mansion that their Grandfather keeps up. This mansion is said to be haunted by ghosts, and have lots of secrets. The history of Graham Mansion isn't a very happy one, and there was a lot of t...more
Sheri
Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1) by Rosa Lee Jude

Grae White is forced to move with her brother and mother to the mountains of Virgina, her mothers childhood home The Graham Mansion. Feeling like an out cast, everyone in this town knows of the crime that put her father in prison, breaking up the family and bringing them to her grandfathers mansion.

Grae decides she wants to find out the history of the house, learn about the people who used to live there and on the property, but what she...more
Cara
Sherry Fundin
I love ghosts and haunted houses. I find Redemption so fascinating, because this is about a real mansion and – guess what – it is really HAUNTED. That gives the novel a little something extra that makes me want to find out more.

It is up to you to decide what is fact and what is fiction.

Clara, the ghost of the mansion, made herself known to Kat.

Kat knew she would not rest until she found the truth.

She asked her Grandpa to tell her the story of Graham Mansion and her journey began.

“We’ve got to be...more
Spoiledduchess
I enjoyed this book. It started a little bit slow, and needs a little more editing polish, but I truly enjoyed the story and the characters. It's an easy entertaining read, great for young adults and older ones as well. I look forward to reading the rest of the series and learning more about Graham Mansion and it's inhabitants past and present.
Candy
Jan 23, 2014 Candy added it
A very nice surprise

I really enjoyed this first book, I am also very anxious to continue reading this series. I like the characters, the history, and the twist. I thought it was well written and like the fact that the author didn't use stupid silly teens to tell the story. Very family oriented.
Midget Cline
Unique

Moves a bit slow in parts, predictable storyline. The character development was solid. Obvious time and energy were spent on researching time, place and people.
Grizzy
I wish I could give this book another star, because it was better than the other free kindle books I have read so far, but it still could have used a lot of work. This story is interesting and I liked most of the characters, but it was all very simple and even a bit cheesy in some parts. While it was an entertaining read, it wasn't as compelling as other time travel stories I have read, though I can see some people really enjoying it.

I would have considered reading the next one, but I'm honestly...more
Cory
After her dad is sent to prison for stealing tons of money from a lot of people, Grae, her brother, and her mom lose everything and had to move back to Virginia with their grandpa. things start happening at the mansion where they are currently living (where the grandpa is caretaker). Grae starts feeling curious about the history of the mansion and decides to dig into it... only to find herself traveling through time to know what really happened and solve a mystery.

Really enjoyed this mix of his...more
Kimberly
I would recommend this for middle schoolers and early high school. It was interesting but the ending was kind of "meh" even for a book that's part of a series.
Miriam
Nice!
I usually hate time travel book. They all end up in medieval time, and are all more or less quite boring.

This one I liked. I liked the context, the story, the family problems etc. It is a quite unique story, very well written and researched.
Heather Tiedtke
This was a quick read and while I found some of the aspects of the book extremely unbelieveable the overall story was pretty interesting.
2.5 stars.

The idea was interesting but I wasn't impressed with the writing itself; however, the story did pick up and there elements of the story that were intriguing.
Rachel
The writing and editing in this were just awful. I couldn't get through more than half the book.
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Lisa Duncan
Lisa Duncan marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Rhonda Chirdon
Rhonda Chirdon marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
Wendy Christine Allen
Wendy Christine Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Toni Roush
Toni Roush marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
J. Stam
J. Stam marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Michelle Jones
Michelle Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
FREE on Amazon Kindle Today - February 14, 2013 1 2 Feb 14, 2013 03:31PM
AMBITION: Legends of Graham Mansion Book Two Deception (Legends of Graham Mansion (Book 3)) Ambition (Legends of Graham Mansion) Deception: Legends of Graham Mansion Book Three (Volume 3) Through The Gateway: Readings To Accompany Gateway To Engineering