Start by marking “Tearing Down The Wall: The Contemporary Guide to Decoding Pink Floyd - The Wall One Brick at a Time” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
SECRETS OF THE WALL REVEALED!

Imagine dusting off a beloved album, comfortable as an old pair of jeans, and one day discovering that it goes much deeper down the rabbit hole than you ever envisioned. The thematic intention of every note…The nuance behind every veiled reference…Until you finally recognize that hidden deep inside is a distinctly powerful message you never kne
ebook
Published November 7th 2012 by Glenneyre Press/Wordsushi Books

To ask other readers questions about Tearing Down The Wall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tearing Down The Wall

Sierra
I enjoyed reading each chapter as I listened to the songs one by one. The album is described in MUCH more detail than I ever imagined! Though I wonder just how much is/would be validated by Roger Waters, hearing about the techniques used to create depth & insight was fascinating!
Beth Copenhaver
One of my favorite albums in high school was "The Wall." Yes, I said album - I had the original vinyl on my turntable for months at a time.
(Yes, I'm THAT old.)
I was intrigued when I heard about MYN's book - finally someone was going to reveal the backstories, the hidden meanings and help me better understand what I had listened to.
I highly recommend that you listen to the songs as you read each chapter. The nuances in the music will suddenly pop out at you as MYN goes through Pink's journey.
Drew Moseley
Drew Moseley marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Andrew Bishop
Andrew Bishop marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Gustav
Gustav marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Mortimer
Mortimer is currently reading it
May 28, 2014
Tessana
Tessana marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Todd
Todd added it
Jan 19, 2014
Cthulhusars
Cthulhusars marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
Zuza Petrushka
Zuza Petrushka marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Stuart Berrisford
Stuart Berrisford marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Adam Dunnells
Adam Dunnells marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Elle
Elle added it
Nov 20, 2012
Mark Nemcoff
Nov 19, 2012 Mark Nemcoff rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff is a bestselling and award-winning author who has been known to occasionally moonlight as a voice-over artist and independent journalist. He is a former Sirius Satellite Radio drive time show and T.V. host that has been featured by Playboy Magazine and Access Hollywood. Mark currently resides in Los Angeles.
More about Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff...
Where's My F*cking Latte? (and Other Stories about Being an Assistant in Hollywood) Number One with a Bullet The Killing of Osama Bin Laden (How the Mission to Hunt Down a Terrorist Mastermind was Accomplished) Fatal Sunset: Deadly Vacations Diary of a Madman