Start by marking “All Things Censored” as Want to Read:
All Things Censored

All Things Censored

More than 75 essays—many freshly composed by Mumia with the cartridge of a ball-point pen, the only implement he is allowed in his death-row cell—embody the calm and powerful words of humanity spoken by a man on Death Row. Abu-Jamal writes on many different topics, including the ironies that abound within the U.S. prison system and the consequences of those ironies, and hi ...more
Published June 5th 2001 by Seven Stories Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about All Things Censored, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Things Censored

Bakari
As far as I’m concerned America has never been a place, especially for minorities, for where dreams are achieved, it’s has been nothing short of illusions in which people have been fooled by it’s rhetoric about freedom, democracy, and prosperity for all. Few books that I’ve read so eloquently highlight the injustices of this country than Mumia Abu-Jamal’s "Live from Death Row", and "All Things Censored".

It’s amazing that Mumia, who has spent over twenty years on death row, can so eloquently cri
Elizabeth
A collection of essays from previous volumes, this book covers a lot of ground on a lot of subjects. Mumia Abu Jamal's prose is poetic and incisive with deep humanity. His perpective as a death row inmate, informed by his depth of study and knowledge on African-American heritage and issues, combines with his journalistic training to give a potent voice in today's American wilderness. To anyone who has yet to become familiar with his work, I say pick up this book!
Rueben
Sep 28, 2008 Rueben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK! essay's and stories from death row. this man is a genius. follow this guy into the fire... FUCK THE US GOV'T! FUCK THE COPS! FREE MUMIA! FREE PELTIER! FREE TIBET! FREE PALISTINE! FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS! OPEN THE BORDERS! END POLICE BRUTALITY, FIGHT BACK! FIGHT IMPERIALISM! EL VIVE CHE! VIVA ZAPATA! VIVA GERONIMO! VIVA POPEY! VIVA EZLN! FZLN! BLACK PANTHERS! MOVE! AFRICA UNITE!
Maggie
Jun 26, 2008 Maggie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A book for my "Political Violence and Revolution" class in college. This one has made a lasting impact. I have gone online to look at both sides of this story, and on the other side is a family who lost a loved one. It's sad. I think there is good evidence that Mumia didn't receive a fair trial, but I also think there's some good evidence that he did in fact commit the crime or was an accomplice. No matter what, the book is one that stayed with me and it's a "thinking" book, that's for sure.
HeavyReader
Jun 06, 2008 HeavyReader rated it liked it
Shelves: prison
If I remember correctly, this is a collection of essays that Mumia Abu-Jamal wrote for public radio. I think he was going to read them over the phone and they were going to be played on National Public Radio. But somehow this plan became controversial and the idea was nixed. Maybe by this point these essays have been broadcast, but it was all quite a mess at the time.
Jun 09, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lis le! Puis faut agir! Merci de vous rendre sur le site http://www.mumiabujamal.net
Vito Colletti
May 20, 2016 Vito Colletti rated it it was amazing
Disturbingly haunting book. After reading it more realized why the govt wants to silence this intelligent man.
Cece Yaya Sudarya
Saya baca versi terjemahan dari Profetik (group Mizan) dengan judul alih bahasa : Memberangus Keadilan

Ini resensi sederhana saya di blog :
Jessica Lara
Jessica Lara rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2008
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Leigh Phillips
Leigh Phillips rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2008
Laurent
Laurent rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Brendan
Brendan rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2012
Rosenita Delva
Rosenita Delva rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Kazu Haga
Kazu Haga rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2016
G.R. Yeates
G.R. Yeates rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2011
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2008
Paul Alexander
Paul Alexander rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Ayahna Kumarroy
Ayahna Kumarroy rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Azaan Kamau
Azaan Kamau rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2008
Jennifer Beach
Jennifer Beach rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Jesse
Jesse rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2012
Tash Robb
Tash Robb rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Ajax
Ajax rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2007
sleeping panda
sleeping panda rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Jay Goodall
Jay Goodall rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Nick Palaj
Nick Palaj rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2013
Tyler Mostul
Tyler Mostul rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Conrad
Conrad rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2008
jeanson laborde
jeanson laborde rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Black Panthers Speak
  • Agents of Repression: The FBI's Secret Wars against the Black Panther Party & the American Indian Movement
  • Blood in My Eye
  • Flying Close to the Sun: My Life and Times as a Weatherman
  • Stagger Lee
  • Abolition Democracy: Beyond Prisons, Torture, and Empire
  • Covenant with Black America
  • To Die for the People: The Writings of Huey P. Newton
  • The End of White World Supremacy: Four Speeches By Malcolm X
  • The Hip-Hop Generation: Young Blacks and the Crisis in African-American Culture
  • The Michael Eric Dyson Reader
  • Autobiography of a Blue-Eyed Devil: My Life and Times in a Racist, Imperialist Society
  • Our Enemies in Blue: Police and Power in America