Start by marking “Forever Christmas” as Want to Read:
Forever Christmas

Forever Christmas

Kristianna Harrington always dreamed of a Christmas wedding. But after two broken engagements, she's content to forget romance and run her Christmas shop in Jingle Bells, Arkansas. She thinks her biggest fear is making it down the aisle as maid of honor in her best friend's Christmas wedding, with at least one ex-fiancé looking on. But when her beloved Jingle Bells is thre ...more
Published October 15th 2012 (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Christmas

Katie W
Dec 04, 2008 Katie W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
I wasn't too sure about this book when I started it, but I had heard it was cute and clean, so I gave it a go. It really was a cute story! A love triangle with a teeny bit of a mystery; a girl impassioned with her cause; a small town coming together; and a happy ending.
Elvis
Jan 15, 2010 Elvis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good for a romance story but kept wishing all the way through that there would be a dead body maybe burried in the snowman or something. That would really have put the town of Jingle Bells on the map.
Dee
Dec 14, 2014 Dee rated it it was amazing
And Forever in your heart

Growing up in a small Arkansas town named Jingle Bells with the spirit of Christmas always at hand Kristianna was heart broken when the town started going down hill after the distribution center closed down. Money and jobs were scarce. When the town received an offer to purchase the now vacant building and move a new business to the area but only on the condition that the town change its name she felt her world collapsing. Her heart told her that she needed to fight to s
Becky
Nov 25, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kristianna Harrington took over her Grandmothers shop, "Forever Christmas after she died. Kristianna has known three lost engagements and swears off romance and marriage now. Her best friends wedding is coming up along with a large corporation coming into her town, Jingle
Bells Arkansas to try and bring the economy back. The catch? They are going to change the towns name. Kristianna is now dealing with the title "Run-A-Way Bride" with her friends wedding and with saving her town, her store and o
Olivia
I enjoyed the witty, fun writing of this story. I got many good laughs from it. A perfect book to read for the holidays. I was mainly bothered by Kristina's attitude toward her parents and the name changing of the town. Not as Christian filled as I would have hoped as well. Still a good, clean read.
Toni
Dec 05, 2012 Toni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun fun book! I really enjoyed it. It is a light clean read with enough twists to make it so enjoyable. Such a good book for this time of year.I will look for more from this author.
Kristen
Dec 09, 2008 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Very cute book. It was a quick and easy read, and clean. Full of romance which of course is a must.

Spoilier:

The proposal was lame, it could have been so much better I think.
Jodi Cain
Apr 28, 2015 Jodi Cain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book. I would love to live in a town like Jingle Bells. I am just glad Two people who belong together finally figured it themselves.
Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
Initially I thought this would be just your average "save-the-town" type of book, so I put off reading it for quite a while. BUT, when I finally did get around to reading it, I discovered that my presumptions couldn't have been more wrong. Forever Christmas is so much more than I expected, and "average" can't even begin to describe this lovely story.

As someone who loves all things Christmas, it didn't take long for me to start rooting for the town of Jingle Bells. I mean, come on, re-naming it t
Alisa
Nov 15, 2012 Alisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I thought this was a fun holiday read!

Kristianna is the daughter of two attorneys who want Kristianna to return to law school. Kristianna has no regrets about dropping out of law school and taking over her grandmother's Christmas shop in the town of Jingle Bells -- where you can celebrate Christmas year round. It is the one place where she felt truly loved (by her grandmother) and where her best friends live (Ami and Garrett).

Ami is getting married and is determined to play matchmaker for Krist
Loraine
SUMMARY: Kristianna Harrington always dreamed of a Christmas wedding. But after two broken engagements, she's content to forget romance and run her Christmas shop in Jingle Bells, Arkansas. She thinks her biggest fear is making it down the aisle as maid of honor in her best friend's Christmas wedding, with at least one ex-fiancé looking on. But when her beloved Jingle Bells is threatened, Kristianna struggles to sort through her jumbled feelings concerning the handsome lawyer hired to change the ...more
Beth Cutwright
Jul 23, 2013 Beth Cutwright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love to read Christmas stories and truly, I could listen to Christmas music all year round! But hey, that's just me and who I am.
I think I would fit right in with the folks of Jingle Bells, Arkansas.

So reading Christine Lynxwiller's, Forever Christmas, was right up my snowy little alley! The premise of changing the town's name in order to provide jobs for the town's survival was original and interesting. From either side of the ensuing arguments, the reader could empathize with and understand
Mom
Dec 15, 2012 Mom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristianna loved being around her grandma. She missed her, and loved the store that she now owned.
Her parents never seemed to want to get to know her or take the time. They were attorneys and had a busy office.
The story kept sending me to different people thinking Garrett was not the one that was doing things for Kristianna. But something in the back of the mind kept me thinkig it was him.
Garrett was a childhood friend who was always there for Kristianna. She had these 2 friends, Ami was the oth
 Mummy Cat Claire
This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting much from it. However, I found it to be well written, a great story with fun characters.
The book is about a town in Arkansas named Jingle Bells. Christmas all year long. (I don't know that I could deal with that, but I suppose you would get used to it.)
When some big company comes in and wants to open up and create jobs for the town...they also want to change the name of the town...some like it and some don't.
The book is considered a Christian novel, b
Rayni
Jan 07, 2013 Rayni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy Christmas
Recommended to Rayni by: Inspired Reads
I liked the way this book started out: I've had 3 real loves in my life. I married the first one, the winter we turned 10, in a Christmas wedding on top of Snowy Mountain." She continues the narration, "But the sun came out, the snowman preacher melted, and I lost the (pop-top) ring in the slush" Cute beginning.

I was getting a little perturbed at Kristianna, the child bride, by about page 3. She explains her true true love is the town she now lives in, Jingle Bells, Ark. Her father's hometown &
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is a typical Christian romance in the way of predictability in what will happen in the story. Kristianna has been misunderstood by her parents for her entire life, but in the small town of Jingle Bells, Arkansas she has always felt at home. At the death of her grandmother, she drops out of law school and looks to running her grandmother’s Christmas store, Forever Christmas. Jingle Bells seems to be one of those odd towns that center around a theme which happens to be Christmas. Her town is ...more
Bella Doerres
Dec 17, 2014 Bella Doerres rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler

Jingle Bells is a town that focuses on Christmas and when a big business starts to come in and wants to change the name Kristianna Harrington decides it is time to stand up and fight. It isn’t just her Christmas store that will be losing its home it’s her memories and the place that warms her heart. Now she has to convince the town that the town’s name is worth fighting for. What Kristianna didn’t realize was that love was on the agenda and how much is it
Cheryl Ellis
Dec 13, 2014 Cheryl Ellis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love Christmas, Jingle Bells is the town to live in! This is a great town with lots of interesting people. Kristianna does not want to be a lawyer, (like her parents) date a lawyer, or marry a lawyer. She wants to be like her Gran who ran a store in Jingle Bells. When the town name is threatened, Kristianna puts up a fight, but who is she fighting - the townspeople, the good looking lawyer, or her best friends since child hood?

As the story plays out, you find a great, Christmas love story
Suzanne Eastman
Dec 22, 2012 Suzanne Eastman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice holiday read with a touch of romance, family strife and holiday cheer. Young single woman takes over her grandmothers shop in small Christmas village. She finds herself heading up against a company bent on changing the name of the town in order to bring in new jobs to the community. The company has sent a representative to convince the town people that the change would be good, and a possible romance is set in place, but what about the other guy? You know, the one that has been there for ...more
Martha
May 30, 2015 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was refreshing to read. It told a love story without all of the extraneous sex scenes. You got the small town feel with Jingle Bells, Arkansas, albeit a town in crisis with the closing of a large employer. You even get to experience the tension between Kristianna and her parents.

As the book comes to a close you learn the town's fate and you also find out who Kristianna's secret admirer truly was...not the person she thought. It's definitely a beach read or something you could read on a
Lindsay♫Sings
Nov 20, 2012 Lindsay♫Sings rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads, christmas
I would have given this book 5 stars, were it not the Christianity somewhat shoved down my throat. I am a Christian, but I am not a reader of the genre so--like Kristianna's parents--it made me a bit uncomfortable and enjoy the book a bit less. But overall, I fell in love with the characters (after I got over Kristianna and her pigheadedness a little), found myself yearning for the story to go a certain way, and was so thrilled with the ending. I could absolutely envision myself in Kristianna's ...more
Barbara
Jun 21, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas
I love to read Christmas stories this time of year. This one was a good story, but the only thing really "Christmas" about it was the town name of "Jingle Bells". Kristianna tries to save the town from being named something else to attract a big business to come in and save the day. In my opinion, this book could have happened, and did span months, any time of the year. If you like romantic comedy with a little Christmas thrown in, then you will enjoy this book.
Carrie Daws
May 13, 2012 Carrie Daws rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Christmas. The music, the decorations, the festivities. It's difficult for me to think of any part of the celebration of Jesus' birth that I don't like. So this book entitled Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler easily caught my attention.

I rarely read stories written in the first person, so this book took me a couple pages to adjust. But once I did, I was enthralled....

Read more on my blog dated May 18, 2012 at http://CarrieDaws.com/blog
Jenn
Dec 23, 2012 Jenn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. I downloaded this back when I first got my Kindle. Those were the days when I went by just description alone. This is Christian fiction. And no, I'm not talking about the kind where the characters go to church and are Christians, but the kind where they mention in NONSTOP. The text of their prayers are printed in the book. But even disregarding that, this book made me cringe so many times. It was just bad. No. Just, no.
Ky
Aug 07, 2009 Ky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really cute. I had never read this author's work before, but I picked it up around the holiday for a cheery Christmas romance. I was pleasantly surprised and wondered why I'd never heard of this writer before. The story was a little bit predictable, but it was told in a very engaging way and had charming characters. I liked the lovely small-town setting and the chemistry of the main characters.
Lisa
Nov 18, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
If possible I'd actually rate this more like a 2.75 rather than a 3.0 because I could have done without the occasional offputting "I'm a/ He's a/ like a good/ Christian" references. I didn't think they did anything to add to the book and actually pulled me out of the flow because they felt like they had just been added in so that the author could claim this was "Christian fiction", but even with that annoyance I will say it was a cute story with a sweet ending.
Emily
Nov 19, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
This is the first book I have borrowed from the kindle lending library. I wanted to try borrowing... I wasn't selective about which book I chose, I think this was listed as one of the most popular Christian fiction books to borrow. I found it to be a light, enjoyable romance. I did get frustrated with the characters' lack of communication.
Wendy
Nov 21, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forever Christmas was a cute and easy read. The characters and town remind me of many small towns where I have family living today. The ending was a bit predictable and sometimes the "Christian" references seemed to be out of place or not necessary in the context they were inserted, but, this didn't keep me from enjoying the light romantic nature of this book.
Sandie
Was ok until christian morals and values entered into the storyline, maybe about half way through then it lost me as I felt I was reading a total different book. Then.....towards the end it seemed to come back to how it started and being an ok read.

I like the community set up and friendships with a twist at the end I didn't see coming.
Donna G
Dec 18, 2012 Donna G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
A sweet love story that can be read any time of year. A refreshing break from some of the dark things I have read lately. I enjoyed the characters and the small town feel of Jingle Bells, Arkansas. This is the second book I have read by this author and think that I would enjoy reading more of her work. Sometimes simple and sweet just hit the spot!
  • All I Have to Give
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Christmas Roses
  • A Marriage Carol
  • Enchanted (Merry Nicholas, #2)
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove (New Beginnings, #5)
  • Remembering Christmas
  • Advent
  • One Snowy Night Before Christmas
  • The Happiest Season
  • Merry's Christmas: a love story (Redeeming Romance Series)
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace
  • Emilie's Christmas Love
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • Jingle This!
Award-winning author and past president of American Christian Romance Writers, Christine Lynxwiler has numerous novels and novellas published with Barbour Publishing. She and her husband, Kevin, along with their two daughters, four horses, and two dogs live in the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains in their home state of Arkansas."
More about Christine Lynxwiler...

“when someone apologizes, you have to forgive them.” 0 likes