Forever Christmas

Forever Christmas

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  88 reviews
Kristianna Harrington always dreamed of a Christmas wedding. But after two broken engagements, she's content to forget romance and run her Christmas shop in Jingle Bells, Arkansas. She thinks her biggest fear is making it down the aisle as maid of honor in her best friend's Christmas wedding, with at least one ex-fiancé looking on. But when her beloved Jingle Bells is thre...more
Published October 15th 2012 (first published 2007)

Katie Watkins
I wasn't too sure about this book when I started it, but I had heard it was cute and clean, so I gave it a go. It really was a cute story! A love triangle with a teeny bit of a mystery; a girl impassioned with her cause; a small town coming together; and a happy ending.
Becky
Kristianna Harrington took over her Grandmothers shop, "Forever Christmas after she died. Kristianna has known three lost engagements and swears off romance and marriage now. Her best friends wedding is coming up along with a large corporation coming into her town, Jingle
Bells Arkansas to try and bring the economy back. The catch? They are going to change the towns name. Kristianna is now dealing with the title "Run-A-Way Bride" with her friends wedding and with saving her town, her store and o...more
Elvis
Pretty good for a romance story but kept wishing all the way through that there would be a dead body maybe burried in the snowman or something. That would really have put the town of Jingle Bells on the map.
Toni
Fun fun book! I really enjoyed it. It is a light clean read with enough twists to make it so enjoyable. Such a good book for this time of year.I will look for more from this author.
Kristen
Very cute book. It was a quick and easy read, and clean. Full of romance which of course is a must.

Spoilier:

The proposal was lame, it could have been so much better I think.
Claire
This book surprised me. I wasn't expecting much from it. However, I found it to be well written, a great story with fun characters.
The book is about a town in Arkansas named Jingle Bells. Christmas all year long. (I don't know that I could deal with that, but I suppose you would get used to it.)
When some big company comes in and wants to open up and create jobs for the town...they also want to change the name of the town...some like it and some don't.
The book is considered a Christian novel, b...more
Mom
Kristianna loved being around her grandma. She missed her, and loved the store that she now owned.
Her parents never seemed to want to get to know her or take the time. They were attorneys and had a busy office.
The story kept sending me to different people thinking Garrett was not the one that was doing things for Kristianna. But something in the back of the mind kept me thinkig it was him.
Garrett was a childhood friend who was always there for Kristianna. She had these 2 friends, Ami was the oth...more
Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
Initially I thought this would be just your average "save-the-town" type of book, so I put off reading it for quite a while. BUT, when I finally did get around to reading it, I discovered that my presumptions couldn't have been more wrong. Forever Christmas is so much more than I expected, and "average" can't even begin to describe this lovely story.

As someone who loves all things Christmas, it didn't take long for me to start rooting for the town of Jingle Bells. I mean, come on, re-naming it t...more
Beth Cutwright
I love to read Christmas stories and truly, I could listen to Christmas music all year round! But hey, that's just me and who I am.
I think I would fit right in with the folks of Jingle Bells, Arkansas.

So reading Christine Lynxwiller's, Forever Christmas, was right up my snowy little alley! The premise of changing the town's name in order to provide jobs for the town's survival was original and interesting. From either side of the ensuing arguments, the reader could empathize with and understand...more
Alisa
I thought this was a fun holiday read!

Kristianna is the daughter of two attorneys who want Kristianna to return to law school. Kristianna has no regrets about dropping out of law school and taking over her grandmother's Christmas shop in the town of Jingle Bells -- where you can celebrate Christmas year round. It is the one place where she felt truly loved (by her grandmother) and where her best friends live (Ami and Garrett).

Ami is getting married and is determined to play matchmaker for Krist...more
Rayni
Jan 07, 2013 Rayni rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy Christmas
Recommended to Rayni by: Inspired Reads
I liked the way this book started out: I've had 3 real loves in my life. I married the first one, the winter we turned 10, in a Christmas wedding on top of Snowy Mountain." She continues the narration, "But the sun came out, the snowman preacher melted, and I lost the (pop-top) ring in the slush" Cute beginning.

I was getting a little perturbed at Kristianna, the child bride, by about page 3. She explains her true true love is the town she now lives in, Jingle Bells, Ark. Her father's hometown &...more
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This is a typical Christian romance in the way of predictability in what will happen in the story. Kristianna has been misunderstood by her parents for her entire life, but in the small town of Jingle Bells, Arkansas she has always felt at home. At the death of her grandmother, she drops out of law school and looks to running her grandmother’s Christmas store, Forever Christmas. Jingle Bells seems to be one of those odd towns that center around a theme which happens to be Christmas. Her town is...more
Lindsay IL
I would have given this book 5 stars, were it not the Christianity somewhat shoved down my throat. I am a Christian, but I am not a reader of the genre so--like Kristianna's parents--it made me a bit uncomfortable and enjoy the book a bit less. But overall, I fell in love with the characters (after I got over Kristianna and her pigheadedness a little), found myself yearning for the story to go a certain way, and was so thrilled with the ending. I could absolutely envision myself in Kristianna's...more
Suzanne Eastman
A nice holiday read with a touch of romance, family strife and holiday cheer. Young single woman takes over her grandmothers shop in small Christmas village. She finds herself heading up against a company bent on changing the name of the town in order to bring in new jobs to the community. The company has sent a representative to convince the town people that the change would be good, and a possible romance is set in place, but what about the other guy? You know, the one that has been there for...more
Lisa
If possible I'd actually rate this more like a 2.75 rather than a 3.0 because I could have done without the occasional offputting "I'm a/ He's a/ like a good/ Christian" references. I didn't think they did anything to add to the book and actually pulled me out of the flow because they felt like they had just been added in so that the author could claim this was "Christian fiction", but even with that annoyance I will say it was a cute story with a sweet ending.
Carrie Daws
I love Christmas. The music, the decorations, the festivities. It's difficult for me to think of any part of the celebration of Jesus' birth that I don't like. So this book entitled Forever Christmas by Christine Lynxwiler easily caught my attention.

I rarely read stories written in the first person, so this book took me a couple pages to adjust. But once I did, I was enthralled....

Read more on my blog dated May 18, 2012 at http://CarrieDaws.com/blog
Barbara
I love to read Christmas stories this time of year. This one was a good story, but the only thing really "Christmas" about it was the town name of "Jingle Bells". Kristianna tries to save the town from being named something else to attract a big business to come in and save the day. In my opinion, this book could have happened, and did span months, any time of the year. If you like romantic comedy with a little Christmas thrown in, then you will enjoy this book.
Jenn
DNF. I downloaded this back when I first got my Kindle. Those were the days when I went by just description alone. This is Christian fiction. And no, I'm not talking about the kind where the characters go to church and are Christians, but the kind where they mention in NONSTOP. The text of their prayers are printed in the book. But even disregarding that, this book made me cringe so many times. It was just bad. No. Just, no.
Ky
This book was really cute. I had never read this author's work before, but I picked it up around the holiday for a cheery Christmas romance. I was pleasantly surprised and wondered why I'd never heard of this writer before. The story was a little bit predictable, but it was told in a very engaging way and had charming characters. I liked the lovely small-town setting and the chemistry of the main characters.
Cynthia
This is a fun book! Yes, it's a light romance, but it's also smart and funny, and the heroine wrestles with some difficult issues. The Christmas setting and premise could have been sappy, but the quick humor of our heroine keeps this book moving at a fast pace. A couple formatting issues, no big deal, especially since you'll get to read a deceptively clever use of first person narrative.
Rachel
2.5 stars really. Um, it was a nice Hallmark read except I starting getting mad at the heroine's unbelievable pettiness and selfishness which of course was justified...It wasn't very Christian although more than most, and frequently whenever one man was mentioned the term "nice Christian guy" was attached; it got to the point I wanted to shriek with laughter over the absurdity of it.
Sally Malkowski
Great Christmas read - light, funny, error free as much as I could tell, although there appears to be a couple of uploading glitches. IMO, Christine Lynxwiler has it all together as a subtle Christian romance story teller. If you're looking for steamy sex, look elsewhere. But if you like a wholesome read, Forever Christmas just might make a good companion on a cozy winter night.
Collyn
Starting out I wasn't sure how I felt about the book, at the end I realized how wonderful it truly was! Kept me guessing and was very relatable to me. I'm a 26 year old on my small towns council and if someone tried to change the name of my beloved town, I'd do everything in my power to stop it.

Great read, definitely worth it! You won't be disappointed :)
Wendy
Forever Christmas was a cute and easy read. The characters and town remind me of many small towns where I have family living today. The ending was a bit predictable and sometimes the "Christian" references seemed to be out of place or not necessary in the context they were inserted, but, this didn't keep me from enjoying the light romantic nature of this book.
Donna G
A sweet love story that can be read any time of year. A refreshing break from some of the dark things I have read lately. I enjoyed the characters and the small town feel of Jingle Bells, Arkansas. This is the second book I have read by this author and think that I would enjoy reading more of her work. Sometimes simple and sweet just hit the spot!
Irene
Free book on Amazon Kindle. Cute, little story about a town named Jingle Bells and the fight over whether or not to change its name to accommodate a company that wants to invest in the town. Add to that the romantic struggles of the main character. The only thing that bugged me a bit, was the repeated use of "a good Christian boy" and phrases like that.
Emily
This is the first book I have borrowed from the kindle lending library. I wanted to try borrowing... I wasn't selective about which book I chose, I think this was listed as one of the most popular Christian fiction books to borrow. I found it to be a light, enjoyable romance. I did get frustrated with the characters' lack of communication.
Sandie
Was ok until christian morals and values entered into the storyline, maybe about half way through then it lost me as I felt I was reading a total different book. Then.....towards the end it seemed to come back to how it started and being an ok read.

I like the community set up and friendships with a twist at the end I didn't see coming.
Dianna Donnely
I always love Christmas stories even if it's not Christmas. This story is more about a town with a Christmas theme than a Christmas story. I liked the idea of the town called Jingle Bells and enjoyed getting to know the town and it's residents. It was a light, clean and easy read with a happy ending. A nice break from the chaos of life.
Dianne
Forever Christmas was a delightful surprise. I thought it would be another light Christmas story and I found myself involved with the characters, enjoying the writing, and delighted by a couple of plot twists. I would read this author again. I have just the person to give this paperback to next holiday season!
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Christmas In Magnolia Cove
  • Blame It On The Mistletoe (Bright's Pond #4)
  • All I Have to Give: A Christmas Love Story
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • O Little Town
  • Be Mine For Christmas
  • A Lancaster County Christmas
Award-winning author and past president of American Christian Romance Writers, Christine Lynxwiler has numerous novels and novellas published with Barbour Publishing. She and her husband, Kevin, along with their two daughters, four horses, and two dogs live in the foothills of the beautiful Ozark Mountains in their home state of Arkansas."
More about Christine Lynxwiler...
Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2) Home for the Holidays Arkansas: Four Brothers Risk Their Hearts for Love in the Ozarks The Reluctant Cowgirl (The McCord Sisters #1) Cowgirl at Heart (The McCord Sisters, #2)