Start by marking “Untouchable (Immortals After Dark #8)” as Want to Read:
Untouchable (Immortals After Dark #8)

Untouchable (Immortals After Dark #8)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  4,834 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
In this paranormal story from the Deep Kiss of Winter anthology, #1 New York Times best-selling author Kresley Cole delivers a breathtaking tale about a brutal vampire soldier who experiences love for the first time...and a Valkyrie aching to be touched.

Murdoch Wroth will stop at nothing to claim Daniela the Ice Maiden -- the delicate Valkyrie who makes his heart beat for
Audiobook
Published September 3rd 2013 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Untouchable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Untouchable

Rescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanDreams Come True by Bridgitte LesleyBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanYours Truly, Taddy by Avery AsterMiranda Bay by Susan Tarr
Romance books I want to read
64th out of 157 books — 184 voters
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra BrackenCasted by Sonya LovedayThe Darkest Craving by Gena ShowalterEverlasting by Candace KnoebelThe Undead Pool by Kim Harrison
Paranormal/YA
5th out of 156 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Candace
I have been listening to the Audible version of the books in this series and the narration has been great for each one. This is the eight book in the 'Immortals After Dark' series and this series still manages to hold my interest. With each new book, I get another couple to discover as they fall in love with each other.

This time around, we get the story of Murdoch and Daniela. Like Naomi, Daniela cannot be touched by her mate. However, Dani's inability to be touched is due to her ice fae herita
Sammy Loves Books
This review is for "Untouchable"

3.5 "This Vampire Sucked Ass" Stars

Murdoch Wroth

Murdoch

Murdoch is one of the famous Wroth brothers. They are all Forebearer Vampires, which means they do not drink from human flesh. Murdoch used to be a man whore, never sleeping with the same woman twice. He always made sure his lovers were pleased because positive word of mouth was the best advertisement.

When Murdoch was turned into a vampire 300 years ago, he lost all desire for sex. Not only did his heart stop beatin
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I had a hard time figuring out which direction to take this installment.

Was it going to be

Fetish Cafe : Frozen

or perhaps

Fetish Cafe : Ice Ice Baby

But if we're going to go cheesy, let's do it full force.

Meanwhile, on 90's throwback night at the cafe...

Me : *trying to make eye contact with the waitress who has passed my table more than 10 times* Hi?

Waitress : One sec. I promise, I will be right with you.

***10 minutes later***

Waitress : I am SO sorry. It's been a madhouse in here. Demons always sh
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 30, 2015 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, audio-2015
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

UNTOUCHABLE piggybacked off of many of the previous installments in this series which gave it a “been there, done that” quality. Murdoch & Daniela’s relationship was somewhat similar to Naomi & Conrad’s from book 5 in that physical contact was impossible, and both stories featured a Wroth brother. The plot was shaky, and seemed more intent on recapping past IMMORTALS AFTER DARK happenings while also introducing new characters instead of giving the two leads their
AJ
Oct 21, 2015 AJ rated it really liked it
The 8th book in the Immortals After Dark series brings us the story of the fourth and final of the Wroth brothers – Murdoch. In his human life, Murdoch was a ‘love-em-and-leave-em’ kind of guy, until he was turned into a vampire and rendered unable to be with a woman until he met his fated mate. Now, 300 years later, an encounter with a fierce and intriguing valkyrie makes his heart beat again and he finds himself ‘blooded’ to Daniela the Ice Maiden.

Danii is part ice-fey, making her skin is ice-
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Let's see, I liked the beginning. I really liked their first meeting. It's violent and bloody. I also liked the glimpse of Danii's world. After that, though, it goes downhill. If you ignore the steamy parts, Danii and Murdoch turn Untouchable into a YA-like story.
Of course they aren't young adults. They are hundreds of years old. That doesn't stop them. Not even Nix and her antics could have made it better.

Although the story is placed as an eighth story (no idea why), you can read it right afte
KatieV
3.5 stars rounded up. I really liked the turn around in this one. It's usually the heroine who has trouble committing to the hero who is mega possessive/obsessed from day one.

The hero is mega possessive/obsessed from day one, but he fights it (rather than the other way around, which tends to be the hallmark of the series). He was a big manho in his mortal life and just can't quite get past this sudden obsession with one woman and the fact that his charming BS doesn't work on Dani.

This was appar
D.G.
What a bounty of cheesy goodness!

Everybody and their dog knows I listen to this series because I like the narration. As usual, Robert Petkoff was all out and I love him for it! I just wish the plot would make the narration justice.

The plot in this book differed from the rest of the series - instead of him chasing her, SHE wanted the relationship while he wasn't very crazy about the fated mates business. But after a while, their relationship devolved into a lot of fighting and I didn't see how th
ShoSho
reread by audio
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
Vampire Murdoch, one of the Wroth brothers, finally finds his mate Daniela the Ice Maiden, but this is one Valkyrie he cannot touch. Since she is part ice fey, if you touch her skin, it burns her. That also means that Murdoch cannot claim her for his own as he cannot bed her nor bite her. These two become frustrated trying to figure out how they are supposed to be together, but can't be together. Is there any way to overcome the ice queen's condition?

I liked this story more than the other vampir
Ty
Jan 21, 2015 Ty rated it really liked it
my 2000th read book on GR!

once again, Robert Petkoff wins at life.
Mel
It's official, Murdoch is by far my least favorite of the Wroth brothers. In turn, I wasn't a big fan of Untouchable, Immortals After Dark #8, even though I did like Daniela the Ice Maiden quite a bit.

So, what was my issue with the book? A good portion of it was regurgitated information from the other Wroth brother's books due to multiple jumps in time (to accommodate Danii and her issues). Though it was a different spin on the Vampire Bride mythos, which was appreciated, Murdoch was a great bi
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
This book was boring. So boring that I played games on my device while I read it to make sure I didn't doze off.

Why was it boring: Murdoch was so not into having a relationship, being blooded, anything. He just wanted to hump Daniela and be on his merry vampire way. But since she's an Ice fey and he couldn't touch her without burning her and causing her agony, he couldn't wham, bam, thank you ma'am her....which made him really irritable and unkind to her. She was nice, but boring...happy to pla
Canan  ^^
Ben bunu okudum ama işaretlememişim demek ki :)
Gege86
Mar 18, 2016 Gege86 rated it it was amazing
Read it as a part of Deep kiss of winter.
And it brought back sweet memories about the previous IAF. I really enjoy it a lot, and don't let me start talking about the epilog, beyond amazing really.
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good addition to the series. I liked both Murdoch and Daniela and was happy that they found a way to be together.

Daniela the Ice Maiden is a Valkyrie that is part Ice fey. She exists at a colder temperature than others and if she overheats she'll die. She also has the issue that if she touches someone, it causes her physical pain. She acts like the lack of touch doesn't bother her but inside she's lonely and wants someone that can touch her desperately.

Murdoch is a
Danielle M.
Kiki Rizky Agustina
So, before Untouchable, I've read the first seven books in Kresley Cole's Immortal After Dark series. I pretty much knew what to expect from each book in the series; they all are rather similar in plot and ending. Regardless, so far I enjoyed reading each installment.

I can't say the same for Untouchable.

After kept appearing in The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole and No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole and Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole finally Murdoch Wroth got his own story with his fated Bride Daniela 'Danii' the Ice Maiden.

Like its seven predecessors, Untouchable's plot is also about the
Melanie
I greatly enjoyed this story. I was not expecting it to be as long as it was, since it was only part of the book, but it was 250 pages or so. Danii and Murdoch have a huge hurtle in front of them. Daniela is part Iceren and cannot be touched by anyone with a normal body tempature or they will burn here. Murdoch is a "manwhore" who has a bride that he cannot touch without burning her and causing extreme amounts of pain.

This story brings several couples from other IAD books, including all of Murdo
Jenne
This one actually took place during several of the previous books. I wasn't expecting that. I really liked Danii and the ice fae were an interesting aspect of The Lore. Murdoch might just be my favorite of the Wroth brothers too. I adore IAD and this was a good installment. Such a unique world and Ms. Cole knows how to keep you turning the pages!
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
Audible 4 "I want Murdoch" Stars
I really thought I wasn't going to like this one from some of the reviews. Yes, it was much lighter and not as much story building but the humor and banter were worth it to me. This also makes an audible listen far more enjoyable.
Audible review 5 stars
Overall story 4 stars
Shell
This is a re-listen and I'm sad to say it wasn't as good the 2nd time around. I kept wanting shake both characters into some sense and the overall storyline kept lagging. The narration was superb, which makes me wish the plot was as well.
Denise H.
Oct 29, 2015 Denise H. rated it it was amazing
Love a Kresley Cole story, especially this series ! Yummy.
...deep and fun characters, hot sex, and adventure ! This whole series is wonderful. I've read them ALL and loved each one.
ENJOY !
Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 08, 2014 Laura the Highland Hussy rated it it was amazing
I read this in the Deep Kiss Of Winter anthology.
Monica Jones
Aug 06, 2014 Monica Jones rated it really liked it
I love all things Kresley Cole! That said, this wasn't my favorite in the IAD series. Murdoch stays a cad a bit too long for my liking, but other than that it was a wonderful story!
Debrac2014
Jun 11, 2015 Debrac2014 rated it liked it
What an odd pairing, tho it turned out alright by the end. I wish Murdoch had accepted the mating instead of fighting it!
Coyora Dokusho
Oct 22, 2014 Coyora Dokusho rated it really liked it
Liked it! Time skipping was smooth and well-integrated with the previous stories. Funny too!
Nancy The book junkie
May 25, 2014 Nancy The book junkie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-review
Rating: 3.5/5

Review coming soon!
J.W.
Well finally. All four Wroths. Lol. The concept of the Iceree was interesting. I like how rounded out everything became. Murdoch was hilarious all stumbly
Oneil Montes
Nov 04, 2016 Oneil Montes rated it liked it
Me gustaría leer de Jadian.
Este fue meh y desesperante. Ella no me gustó muucho.
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Tempt Me Eternally (Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries, #2.5)
  • Cajun With Fangs (Jane Yellowrock, #4.1)
  • Hearts Untamed (Feral Warriors, #3.5)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3)
  • Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)
  • Darkness Splintered (Dark Angels, #6)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark #6)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11)