Start by marking “Una Ultima Noche” as Want to Read:
Una Ultima Noche

Una Ultima Noche

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  172 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Aquella última noche tuvo consecuencias inesperadasLa tentación de una última noche de pasión embriagadora con su esposo era demasiado fuerte para que Melanie Masterson se resistiera a ella. A la mañana siguiente, besó su atractiva boca a modo de despedida y dio por terminado su matrimonio, pues creía que Forde se merecía a una mujer mejor que fuera una buena madre y espos ...more
Published May 7th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Una Ultima Noche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Una Ultima Noche

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Just One Last Night is a very good and quick contemporary romance about an estranged married couple who have a very tragic event in their lives that causes a rift in their marriage.

Without spoiling readers, I would say that what happens to this couple was very devastating, and it would take two very devoted people in love to overcome it. Melanie is already carrying baggage from her childhood, on top of their recent tragedy, and this acts as the icing on the cake for her belief that she is poison
Wonderful emotional second chance at love & saving their marriage story,Nell-Forde both meet fall in love and get married and were happy but the death of their first child brought their marriage crumbling down.Nell completely shut Forde out,left him and asked for divorce.Forde always stood strong for them both and fought to make Nell realize that they always belong together.

This was such tender sweet story,adored Forde so much,Nell sometimes frustrated me cause she kept Forde pushing away an
3.5 -4 stars
This is no sweet romance about falling in love, its an intense & emotional story about a marriage in peril. This is one of HB' trademarks. Same old ingredients : a damaged heroine & a loving hero full of determination & patience.
Melanie is damaged by her miserable childhood spent in foster house after foster house. She becomes accustomed to keeping everything deep inside her and presenting a façade to the rest of the world. After her miscarriage, she shuts Forde out, then
This book has an interesting plot. It seems I'm in the mood for second-chance-theme lately.

Melanie and Forde were married in haste. First meeting, they're attracted to each other. First dating, Forde fell in love fast and hard. I wasn't sure about Melanie. Three months after that, they're married and Forde became a sweet, perfect husband. I still wasn't sure about Melanie.

Melanie wanted to start trying for a baby right away, Forde was fine, of course. What would a loving husband do anyway? So t
Melanie and Forde are married and deeply in love. But when Melanie loses her baby she abandons her husband and asks him for a divorce.

Forde is the perfect man! His love for his wife is unlimited and unconditional. His patience and pure real love is exactly what Melanie needs but won't allow herself to accept. He is so compassionate and loving towards Melanie and tried to see the situation from her point of view, putting her needs ahead of his own.

Melanie is full of doubts and fears and is wrapp
This was a great change to the normal HP plot! It was emotional and heart-wrenching but made me smile at the end.

My one big quibble with the book is the epilogue, which I hated (too far into the future, too much "perfect life", too trite, too emotional). I would have rather the last chapter act as the epilogue.
3 1/2 stars. Could someone please buy Helen Brooks some commas for Christmas? This was mostly an excellent read, but it's not fun to continually have to stop to decipher a sentence.

Melanie and Forde are on the verge of divorce, a divorce she initiated and he fought against. When they wind up in bed one night and Melanie gets pregnant, Forde finally begins to understand the grief and guilt that's been driving Melanie to push him away.

Forde is a lovely man: tender, devoted, and determined. Melanie
The storyline was v.painful and while I have read better renditions of the same trope, this left an impact. Melanie's insecurities are very believable, especially in light of her history and so is her behaviour after such a big trauma.

Forde, on the other hand, is not only a great, sensitive guy but he also realised when Melanie needed space and when she needed professional help. I loved how he put his needs on the back burner and focused his attentions on indirectly assisting her in building up
Decent storyline. It was emotional and chaotic at times but worth the read at other times. I really adored the ending of the novel, I even teared up a bit. Compared to the last book I read this one was really inventive and good to read.

Forde and Melanie happily married for a year before conceive the child.
Then the accident happened, miscarriage brought sorrow to everyone, especially Melanie.
Couldn't cope with grief, Melanie decided that she should let's Forde go for his sake.
But Forde couldn't let her go, not when he love her so much.
He's tried to reach her, but Melanie always cut it down.

Until one night, Melanie's guard was down. They shared night with passion.
The consequence was unexpected, she pregnant again and Forde didn'
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A separated married couple are dealing with the death of their first child and the wife blames herself for all of the losses of loved ones her whole life. Christmas happens to bring them back together and they realize that they need each other. A new baby comes, along with 3 more and a new life for them all. Good read!!
I loved this book. The only thing I found fault with it was that the suspense/tension between the couple or the problem was solved way too early. The last two chapters were just pure "fluff." I prefer it when the author keeps the tension up until the last chapter.

Melanie and Forde are estranged for several months. She seems to be getting on well on her own with her business beginning to boom, as well. Forde contacts her for help with his mother, Melanie’s weakness. Melanie has some pretty thick walls that Forde has to chisel through. She blames herself for something that she had no control over and he, Forde, has a difficult time convincing her that he doesn’t blame her and she shouldn’t either.

I thoroughly enjoyed it because Forde was just so darn swee
I loved this story and it just kept getting better and better. Her husband just loved her so much and didn't give up. She really did need therapy for her depression earlier - but as in many cases unless something happens many people don't realize they need it. The author did a good job of showing how the husband realized it almost too late but it's a good thing he fought for it - since in the end it saved his wife and his marriage.
It was a very sweet story, a little boring at times because it tends to become repetitive. The hero was wonderful. I can't believe he was a HP hero. He was kind, sensitive, understanding, generous and madly in love with his wife. He refused to give up on the relationship, pursued the heroine, made her see sense and slayed all her demons like a real knight in the shining armor. He remained true to his wedding vows, never giving up on the possibility of a happy ending even when their lives were tr ...more
Kerry-Ann McDade
Helen Brooks has wrote an emotional story that pulled on my heart strings. Possibly the only story I could ever relate to. Just One Last Night is a must read for all romance lovers!

Melanie Masterson has been dealt a wrong card since blaming herself for every bad turn that's happened. Forde Masterson, her delicious husband will do anything to try and get through to her even if it means playing dirty with his tactis.

A husband, a wife, a love so strong anyone would die for. Will they be able to r
I was looking for a romance but this is drama
ok, a história até prometia, mas mais uma vez o facto de que a personagem feminina está tão centrada nela que esquece os sentimentos do n/ herói deixa-me sem conseguir ter simpatia por ela e consequentemente não consigo "viver" o livro da mesma forma. O livro vale pelo final quando ela opta por ajudar miúdos que necessitam de amor, carinho e sobretudo um lar, o que sinceramente me parece o ponto fulcral de qualquer formação de carácter.
When love is not enough ..

This sentence is the idea of the story
Forde and Nell in a strained relationship between the
frustration and fear

nell suffer from her past,think that she does not deserve happiness

Forde try to repair their marriage and the return to Nell

Good story .. different idea on aspect of psychological
But it was some boring parts

Always enjoy reading for Helen Brooks
I really loved this book. Reading something that is so sad it touches your heart and continuing on as they finally reach a point in their life where a happy ending is inevitable is a real pleasure. Heart-ache after heart-ache piling on top of one person until they reach a point where they have to say "stop" in order to protect their own heart and that of the person they love. It was a lovely story.
I was heartbroken through-out the story.
She fell down the stairs and lost a child, and blamed herself. She told herself that she would be a terrible mother and left her husband, who loved her and never blamed her.
I love that he did everything he could to bring her back.
The surprise pregnancy wasn't much of a surprise but it is a blessing in disguise.
It was a fast read, but a beautiful one!
I have spent a few days reading this one, savouring each word. Nell and Forde are two people very much in love with each other but hurting over a tradegy. I love how the heroine had her past affecting her as it is something different. I wont spoil the book for people because you will want to discover and go on the journey yourself, but I recommend this book. 5 out of 5
I just couldn't get into this, about a third in I stalled in reading this for a good few months. My heart went out to the H, but the h with whom I would normally expect to have great sympathy with, left me unmoved. The circumstances of this 2nd chance romance have difficult themes of lost baby, depression and self worth yet I didn't engage.
Bueno es un Harlequin , así que uno sabe lo que se tiene que esperar de el............. En base a esos parámetros definitivamente es una historia dulce , con un protagonista super enamorado y luchando por su relacion.
Es una lectura ligera, justo lo que ocupaba en estos momentos.
I enjoyed this book from beginning til the end. I can say that I knew what Melanie was going through having went through it myself.

I was so happy that Forde was the kind of man that he was. He loved his wife and fought every step of the way no matter what.
SyaSya Syed Nasir
At first, I don't actually understand why she left her husband but yeah...they're meant to be together though.
Not like many Harlequins I have read. This was about a woman moving not just pass grief but also the false blame she put on herself for a miscarriage and the man who was always there for her.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Christmas Surrender
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: A Christmas Surrender
Category: Classic Romance
didn't even get past 12%. so monotonous and sentence run-ons.
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • His Christmas Virgin
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • Passion Becomes You
  • The Riccioni's Pregnancy / Bayi Keluarga Riccioni
  • The Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood #3)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • The Proud Wife
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1)
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • Not Forgiven, Never Forgotten
  • The Disgraced Playboy (Bad Blood, #2)
  • Roccanti's Marriage Revenge (Marriage By Command #1)
  • The Wedding Charade
  • A Lingering Melody
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
Rita Bradshaw was born on 1950 in Northampton, England, where she was educated as a good Christian. She met Clive, her husband, at the age of 16 andnow the magic is still there. They have three lovely children, Cara, Faye, and Benjamin, and have always had a menagerie of animals in the house, whichat the present is confined to two endearing and very comical dogs who wouldmake a great double act on ...more
More about Helen Brooks...