Start by marking “A Desire So Deadly (A Need So Beautiful, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
A Desire So Deadly (A Need So Beautiful, #2.5)

A Desire So Deadly (A Need So Beautiful #2.5)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
In this digital original novella set in the thrilling world of Suzanne Young’s A Need So Beautiful and A Want So Wicked, eighteen-year-old Claire Becks is forced to choose between a life of darkness and light.

Eighteen-year-old Claire Becks leads a charmed life surrounded by her loving family, great friends, and doting boyfriend, Ezra. Claire’s known for her great advice—an
Published November 5th 2013 by Epic Reads Impulse

Trish Doller
Mar 31, 2013 Trish Doller rated it it was amazing
Suzanne sent me a copy and I transferred it onto my nook so I could read it away from my computer. While I was reading, my husband texted me about meeting at a local restaurant for dinner. I am not exaggerating when I say I kept reading while I was getting ready to go out. I didn't read in the shower, but while I was getting dressed and brushing my teeth, I had the nook on my bathroom counter. And at dinner, I kept thinking about how badly I wanted to get back to the story. So. I'm done now, and ...more
Nancy The book junkie
May 10, 2016 Nancy The book junkie rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.75/5

Review coming soon!
Rachel Lightwood
I don't know quite how I feel about this story. We needed it to tie up the romantic aspect of the series, but apart from that it felt a little unnecessary. I didn't really like Claire as much as I did Charlotte, but I do think I liked her more than Elise. The instalove/connection thing fell a little flat, but it's hard to stay mad at it when I adore Harlin so much.
Jen
Nov 06, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
Perfection. #HarlinsStreetTeam will not be disappointed!

Sara (sarabara081)
Nov 05, 2013 Sara (sarabara081) rated it it was amazing
I'm so thankful for this ending. <3 I may write something more up soon.
Molli Moran
Dec 03, 2014 Molli Moran marked it as ongoing-series
Yes!!!!! Another book!
Carie
Nov 26, 2013 Carie rated it really liked it
Good ending to the series, though rather bittersweet (as usual) and a bit weird. I was SO glad (view spoiler)!

The explanation of (view spoiler) was kind of weird an
Sam
Nov 24, 2013 Sam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
This is the third and final book in the Need So Beautiful series by Suzanne Young, a series I have loved from the very beginning, and it only has nine chapters. So I’m only going to take nine sentences to review it:
I wish it were longer. The beginning takes a while to set up, but the writing is pretty flawless, so you don’t mind that the revelations were rushed. It would be hard if I didn’t remember the first two books so well (and there are gaps in my memory). The newest incarnation is nice, al
CatchTheseWords
May 29, 2014 CatchTheseWords rated it liked it
I was actually pretty disappointed with this, I didn't connect with the characters as I'd done in previous books and so although I knew that Claire was the same girl as Charlotte and Elise I just didn't feel it.
Marie Therese
Mar 03, 2015 Marie Therese rated it it was amazing
I thought I'd give it 4stars but for the sake of the author which I learned to love bec of the 2 previous books and for trying to give me the happy ending I crave I'm giving it 5 stars. :)
Dulce Asdette
Aug 20, 2014 Dulce Asdette rated it really liked it
The so needed closure for the series :'D I love Harlin and Charlotte/Elise/Claire; but I wish this would have been a full book; it could've been better that way 'cause everything developed too fastly; but i love the story anyway ;w;
Alison Beechner
Slightly rushed at the end, but it was a novella. Good story, though, and gave the story the ending it needed.
Tonette
Aug 06, 2014 Tonette rated it liked it
Charlotte/Elise/Claire and Harlin finally got their happy ending.
Regina
Jun 15, 2016 Regina rated it it was amazing
This was really good! The end was not what I expected!
Jennifer Strand
Mar 07, 2016 Jennifer Strand rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this entire series!
Kathy
Apr 12, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it
So that's how it ends....she faces Lucy? Interesting.
Jennifer Shiels
Nov 05, 2013 Jennifer Shiels rated it really liked it
I loved A Need So Beautiful Series. I loved reading about the different incarnations of Charlotte with Elise and Claire and her falling in love with Harlin over and over again. I loved the idea of the Forgotten and what they symbolize. I can also understand someone becoming a Shadow because they fear of disappearing and being forgotten by everyone. I was upset that this book was only a novella and the story was pretty short. I'll miss this series but it was great to read and I would definitely r ...more
Jason
Nov 05, 2013 Jason rated it it was ok
Better than the last one, if still somewhat pointless. It has a definitive ending, but...couldn’t this have just been the ending for the first book? The lack of interesting development post-Beautiful means it wouldn’t be any more hastily put together than what we actually have. Also, I wanted to catch up with Sarah and Charlotte’s brother, darn it; the total lack of resolution there is upsetting. It’s kinda like her publisher was like, “No one liked your sequel; better wrap it up asap and move o ...more
Lisa
Nov 30, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: done-done
I liked this little book. It was a very intresting book I liked how the whole book played out I liked it how the book was right on track with the series and that there was a little bit of a closure or answering of questions for people that didn't understand some of the book. I didn't like how the book just ended and that I didn't really understand the point of the book in the end because your still sitting there thinking wtf do you mean this is this but it was better than nothing I guess.
Lilyan (Little Yams)
Jun 30, 2014 Lilyan (Little Yams) rated it really liked it
I'M SO HAPPY THAT THEY ARE FINALLY GONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER AND THEY CAN START A FAMILY AND THEY CAN GROW OLD AND WRINKLY TOGETHER. I'M SO HAPPY THAT THEY'RE TOGETHER, THAT EVEN THOUGH THE NOVELLA WASN'T THAT GOOD, I'M STILL GIVING IT 4 STARS.

description

ASDFGHGHJKLF; I FEEL LIKE A ROOM WITHOUT A ROOF.
Diana
Aug 02, 2015 Diana rated it liked it
Kimm
Jan 09, 2014 Kimm rated it it was amazing
Great ending to the series... I wish it had been a bit longer, but I am really glad for the resolution.
Doreen
Jan 08, 2014 Doreen rated it liked it
the story is short and sweet. it is the usual theme - the need vs the want. but this time, it is between claire/elise and lucy (her former sister when she was elise).
the ending sounds like the finale to this series, but it cannot be possible, right?
Selena
Jul 12, 2015 Selena rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, nook, reviewed, 2015-read
The ending was absolutely perfect! <3

At first, I thought I wouldn't like how short this was because a new character was being introduced. Surprisingly, I was okay with the length simply because of how fast paced this last one was though.
D.M. Omar
May 01, 2013 D.M. Omar marked it as to-read
(view spoiler)
Ana Macias
Apr 13, 2016 Ana Macias rated it it was amazing
I love this series and the only complaint I have is that this one was way too short.
HNGC Library
Nov 10, 2013 HNGC Library rated it really liked it
Wish this one was longer. But Harlin and Charlotte get their ending.
Loretta
Nov 16, 2013 Loretta rated it it was amazing
OH THAT WAS TOOOOO SHORT, BUT SO FREAKING AMAZING!! =)
Nana
Dec 16, 2012 Nana marked it as to-read
Is this going to be the last one???
Erin
Nov 13, 2013 Erin added it
Review to come.
  • Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Faceless (Denazen, #2.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #2.5)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance 0.5)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • Bad Yeti (Kate Grable, #1.5)
  • ReBorn (Angel Creek, #3)
  • The Raid (The Eden Trilogy, #0.6)
  • After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)
  • Breathless (Firelight, #3.5)
  • A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark, #3)
Suzanne Young is the New York Times bestselling author of The Program, The Treatment, and several other novels. She currently lives in Tempe, Arizona where she teaches high school English and obsesses about books. Learn more about Suzanne at www.suzanne-young.blogspot.com
More about Suzanne Young...

A Need So Beautiful (2 books)
  • A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)