Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids: A Story a Day from December 1st through Christmas for Kids and Their Families” as Want to Read:

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  133 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids is an inspirational collection of 25 stories---mostly written by kids themselves---about Christmas memories, loving others, giving, traditions, and miracles.
Published October 30th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 2002)

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids

Shirley
Jan 13, 2015 Shirley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the idea of reading a story every night in December through Christmas. The stories are inspirational and have the potential to bring out everyone's best side. The spirit of Christmas is alive in the stories.

It's interesting that my school book provider suggests that the stories are intended for an adult audience. While reading, I had the feeling that many of the stories were more appropriate for older "kids" than younger. The Christmas comics added a nice touch as well as the Christmas i
Kelli
Nov 22, 2012 Kelli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a short little review :)

Just like the last review I did, this book was just a book I had grabbed off my bookshelf quickly, hoping to finish it so I could move on to other books on my bookshelf. I actually enjoyed this book a lot more than the one I had completed today as well, chicken soup for the Christian teenager. I am not a huge fan of the chicken soups, especially at my age, but it is not as if I dislike them. Most stories are heartfelt and sweet, so it's almost impossible not to lik
Maddie Krueger
Dec 12, 2012 Maddie Krueger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The novel, Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas Treasury for Kids, is a wonderful book full of inspiring Christmas stories. Every year around Christmastime, I read this book. The novel really reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas. It is full of multiple short stories about good deeds that people around America have done for people out of the spirit of giving. One story was about a women that gave a homeless guy a watch, which inspired her co-worker to give the homeless man a nice, expensive ...more
Tawny
Jan 15, 2016 Tawny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Christmas stories to read to your kids. Some are very touching!
Jenna Jakubowski
Jun 24, 2015 Jenna Jakubowski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book!
Hailey Black
Jul 28, 2014 Hailey Black rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mother and I use to read this book every Christmas! While going through the bookshelf, I found it again and thought that I might start doing it again. This is one of my favourite holiday memories. The stories are very thoughtful but also not super based on religion, I don't even remember if there is any stories in here focused majorly on it. However, every story showed a way to grow and learn through out the Holidays. I greatly suggest this book for kids and parents a like wanting to start ne ...more
Karla
Nov 26, 2013 Karla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book for a family to read as it doesn't have to be for kids as the title says. I suggest reading one story each day with the first story being on the 1st of December. It makes it last longer and it gives you time to reflect on what you've read. I read this every year at Christmas time. I can't wait to read it again this year :)
Tracy Tang
Jan 04, 2014 Tracy Tang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, december-13
I like the way the book is written because everyday from December to Christmas, theres a short story to make me think about it. I think this a great book to readduring December becuase its the month of Christmas.
Charlotte
Reading this really put me in the Christmas spirit. I especially enjoyed the stories for Dec.2, Dec.8, Dec.10, Dec.17, Dec.21, Dec.22, and Dec.24.
Nancy
Good for the whole family if you like the Chicken Soup books. This one focuses on Christmas, but I liked it even after the season.
Julie
Mar 10, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Consider it an advent calendar of sorts. A fantastic book to curl up with the family every night of December.
Megan Parker
Nov 26, 2014 Megan Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this book almost every year after I was able to read and absolutely loved it.
Melody
Jan 19, 2009 Melody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read these stories out loud to my children at Christmas time and they loved them.
Ashley
Jan 31, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great stories to read alone or with your kids during the Christmas season.
Karen Huber
Mar 03, 2008 Karen Huber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books always give me hope and inspiration. I esp love Christmas stories.
Katie
Jan 11, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book and had lots of great stories for christmas.
Phil hart
Phil hart rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2016
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Julia Nicholas-Duprey
Julia Nicholas-Duprey marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
AN
AN marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Selene
Selene rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
LayneGui
LayneGui rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
The Transmuted Tree
The Transmuted Tree marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Kim Hammond
Kim Hammond is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2016
Sara Kohlhepp
Sara Kohlhepp marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Stephanie Lawrence
Stephanie Lawrence marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace
  • Not Your Mother's Book...On Dogs
  • Apple Tree Christmas
  • A Christ-Centered Christmas: Seven Traditions to Lead Us Closer to the Savior
  • Counting Back From Nine
  • In the Arms of Angels: True Stories of Heavenly Guardians
  • Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog
  • Angela and the Baby Jesus
  • The History of the Snowman: From the Ice Age to the Flea Market
  • The Angel Tree
  • Christmas in Seattle
  • The True Gift: A Christmas Story
  • Joy to the World: How Christ's Coming Changed Everything (and Still Does)
  • The Red Suit Diaries: A Real-Life Santa on Hopes, Dreams, and Childlike Faith
  • The Paper Bag Christmas
  • Escape: Children of the Holocaust
  • Prayers of a Stranger: A Christmas Story

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...