Start by marking “A Christmas Carol (a M/M adaptation of Charles Dickens's story)” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Carol (a M/M adaptation of Charles Dickens's story)

A Christmas Carol (Clandestine Classics)

Love at first sight is a beautiful thing, but sometimes, true love waits a lifetime to shine...and then needs a little help from the Three Ghosts of Christmas.

As a young man, Ebenezer Scrooge felt the sharp pain of loss and resolved to protect his heart from all others, taking solace in his gold and silver. Years of discarding his own emotions, and those of anyone around h
ebook
Published December 3rd 2012 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Carol

Janna
Apr 23, 2013 Janna added it
Shelves: m-m
This was a DNF for me. I hadn't expected it to stay so close to the original story by Dickens. So, for an m/m read it was rather boring and just not what I expected at all.
Jody
Dec 24, 2012 Jody rated it it was amazing
With it being Christmas Eve I thought it timely to read Em Woods' take on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and I'm so glad I did! This version takes the classic story and puts a m/m spin on it but it still retains that classic feel through its language and imagery. The story is one that everyone knows by now but Em Woods has you looking at Scrooge in a vastly different, and sympathetic, way.

In Dickens' version the reasons behind Scrooge's miserly ways was never quite clear therefore his redem
Julesmarie
I loved this! SO much! This is my father's favorite Christmas story, so I grew up watching at least one film version of it every year. All of those different interpretations, and this one has to be my new all-time favorite.

It's interesting that having seen and even read this story so often, I never questioned things the story has us take for granted: things like why Scrooge's father is so strict with him, why Scrooge's schoolmates avoid him, even why he's let money and gain consume him.

It fascin
Nov 15, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I have loved the original A Christmas Carol for a long time and enjoyed re-reading it with Em Woods' additions. I thought most of the new material was woven into the original story well and provided a believable back story for why Ebenezer Scrooge became the way he was. Marley's treatment of him was particularly poignant. My one quibble was that the couple of explicit sex scenes did not flow with the rest of the story as well as the other new content. They seemed more modern and out of character ...more
Dianne Hartsock
Dec 11, 2012 Dianne Hartsock rated it it was amazing
Beautifully done! A Christmas Carol has always been one of my favorite holiday stories, and Em's additions only make it that much better. I love the glimpse we get into Scrooge's heart, not only his relationship with Marley but also with his beloved Alex. “Never another such as you, Eb.” sums it up nicely.
Victoria
Apr 26, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing
4.5 - My favorite Christmas story and movie. Em’s interpretation and integration into Dickens’ story was seamless. Loved it!
Morticia Knight
Excellent re-telling of this classic - the author's voice was seamlessly interspersed with Dicken's. I loved, loved, loved the new storyline - highly recommended!
Katy Beth Mckee
This classic story has always been a favorite for me and the twists that Em adds make for an ever richer tale. The two are well blended.
Jewett
Jewett rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Virginia Aikens
Virginia Aikens rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Radia
Radia rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Cathie
Cathie rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2013
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Vanessa Mulberry
Vanessa Mulberry rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Lillian168
Lillian168 rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2016
Bekah
Bekah rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Kandrew
Kandrew rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Giancarlo Campagnaro
Giancarlo Campagnaro rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Bkrdr
Bkrdr rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Neko
Neko marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Amara
Amara marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Chidi OKORO
Chidi OKORO marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Lasticmax
Lasticmax marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Kim
Kim added it
Dec 19, 2012
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
D
D marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Davina
Davina added it
Cecilia Rodriguez
Cecilia Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Anvesha
Anvesha marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Vio
Vio added it
Dec 21, 2012
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2012
Mandy!
Mandy! marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Rachael Evans
Rachael Evans marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Lyri
Lyri marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Shirley Fernandez
Shirley Fernandez marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Sabyul
Sabyul marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Ravana McPherson
Ravana McPherson marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Desi Dangers
Desi Dangers marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Totally Bound Pub...: A Christmas Carol 1 3 Feb 03, 2013 03:07PM
All about little ol' me? Hmm. Okay, the normal stuff first. I currently live in the Midwest near Detroit, Michigan with my husband and two sons who are ten and seven years old. All three keep me on my toes. I work in the automotive industry making sure all the parts inside the car look pretty along with handling all the paperwork that goes along with that (you'd be amazed at how much there is!).

More about Em Woods...

Clandestine Classics (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Dracula