A Christmas Carol (a M/M adaptation of Charles Dickens's story)

A Christmas Carol (Clandestine Classics)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Love at first sight is a beautiful thing, but sometimes, true love waits a lifetime to shine...and then needs a little help from the Three Ghosts of Christmas.

As a young man, Ebenezer Scrooge felt the sharp pain of loss and resolved to protect his heart from all others, taking solace in his gold and silver. Years of discarding his own emotions, and those of anyone around h...more
ebook
Published December 3rd 2012 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Carol

Janna
Apr 23, 2013 Janna added it
Shelves: m-m
This was a DNF for me. I hadn't expected it to stay so close to the original story by Dickens. So, for an m/m read it was rather boring and just not what I expected at all.
Julesmarie
I loved this! SO much! This is my father's favorite Christmas story, so I grew up watching at least one film version of it every year. All of those different interpretations, and this one has to be my new all-time favorite.

It's interesting that having seen and even read this story so often, I never questioned things the story has us take for granted: things like why Scrooge's father is so strict with him, why Scrooge's schoolmates avoid him, even why he's let money and gain consume him.

It fascin...more
Jody
With it being Christmas Eve I thought it timely to read Em Woods' take on Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol and I'm so glad I did! This version takes the classic story and puts a m/m spin on it but it still retains that classic feel through its language and imagery. The story is one that everyone knows by now but Em Woods has you looking at Scrooge in a vastly different, and sympathetic, way.

In Dickens' version the reasons behind Scrooge's miserly ways was never quite clear therefore his redem...more
I have loved the original A Christmas Carol for a long time and enjoyed re-reading it with Em Woods' additions. I thought most of the new material was woven into the original story well and provided a believable back story for why Ebenezer Scrooge became the way he was. Marley's treatment of him was particularly poignant. My one quibble was that the couple of explicit sex scenes did not flow with the rest of the story as well as the other new content. They seemed more modern and out of character...more
Dianne Hartsock
Beautifully done! A Christmas Carol has always been one of my favorite holiday stories, and Em's additions only make it that much better. I love the glimpse we get into Scrooge's heart, not only his relationship with Marley but also with his beloved Alex. “Never another such as you, Eb.” sums it up nicely.
Morticia Knight
Excellent re-telling of this classic - the author's voice was seamlessly interspersed with Dicken's. I loved, loved, loved the new storyline - highly recommended!
Katy Beth Mckee
This classic story has always been a favorite for me and the twists that Em adds make for an ever richer tale. The two are well blended.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Zlatathebookworm
Zlatathebookworm marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Bookewyrm
Bookewyrm marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Desi Dangers
Desi Dangers marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Ravana McPherson
Ravana McPherson marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Sabyul
Sabyul marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Shirley Fernandez
Shirley Fernandez marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Totally Bound Pub...: A Christmas Carol 1 3 Feb 04, 2013 12:07AM
All about little ol' me? Hmm. Okay, the normal stuff first. I currently live in the Midwest near Detroit, Michigan with my husband and two sons who are six and three years old. All three keep me on my toes. I work in the automotive industry making sure all the parts inside the car look pretty along with handling all the paperwork that goes along with that (you'd be amazed at how much I have).

Not s...more
More about Em Woods...
Between Friends Only Sam Chasing Alex No Distractions (Love is Always Write) Jack's Way