Start by marking “Until You're Mine” as Want to Read:
Until You're Mine

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Until You're Mine (DCI Lorraine Fisher #1)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  5,392 Ratings  ·  827 Reviews
You're alone. You're vulnerable. And you have something that someone else wants. At any cost...

Claudia Morgan-Brown finally has it all. Pregnant with a much-wanted first baby of her own, she has a happily established family of two small step-sons and a loving husband with a great career. But she is also committed to her full-time job as a social worker, and her husband tra
Published April 15th 2013 by Century

To ask other readers questions about Until You're Mine, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jenny I totally did! I also thought they were in on 'it' together.

Erika Schoeps
Mar 30, 2014 Erika Schoeps rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars
Disclaimer: I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN READING THIS REVIEW, PLEASE KNOW THAT IT IS LOADED WITH SPOILERS.

You should honestly read this review anyway, because I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone anyways.

I'm finally that person writing a negative review in contrast to all the many positive, glowing reviews. When I first read the description of this book and entered the giveaway, I was SO excited. I even told a bunch of my friends about it, an
Elaine
Aug 24, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely stunning read. It is a psychological thriller told from three different points of view, that of Claudia, her nanny Zoe and Lorraine, a detective. Claudia and Zoe's stories are told in the first person, and because each character has a very distinct, individual voice, it works from the very first chapters. It seems to add to the chilling feel of the book as right from the start you are completely immersed inside the minds of two of the main characters, living the story with ...more
Blair
When I read the awful Close My Eyes last month, I stated my desire to stop reading these chick-lit/crime thriller things. Yet here I am, a few weeks later, reading another one. It has practically the same cover as well ('woman with one eye' apparently being the new shorthand for sinister goings-on in the upper-middle-class suburbs), AND it's centred around a character who is desperate for a baby. In my defence, I'd had Until You're Mine waiting to be read for months, having obtained an advance c ...more
Elyse
Mar 20, 2015 Elyse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
3.7 rating! I kept thinking about the movie "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle". Actress Rebecca De Mornay plays the 'nanny'.
"Zoe Harper", nanny extraordinaire, in "Until You're Mine", and Rebecca De Mornay have a few character traits in common. ***Creepy qualities***

Its a family affair-(haha), with Zoe watching the young twin boys of James and Claudia. Claudia has another child due soon. Zoe is hired to help. James leaves home for work for long stretches. He's a Navy Officer.

While the family dram
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
Sep 15, 2013 Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess rated it really liked it
This was amazing! I thought I had this one all figured out and then the last few chapters blew my mind and theories serpentine to shreds. That endings marvellous.

This was a very complex mystery/thriller/crime novel full of twists and turns and surprises. I was actually so surprised by the outcome that I had to reread the ending.

From the very beginning I was hooked. The prologue is so powerful I was still thinking about it on the last page.

Speaking of last pages, the epilogue had me trying to tur
Lisa
Jun 21, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, british
WOW. What a stunner.

Now THAT'S the way you do it. Samantha Hayes has written a masterful tale of questions, suspense, and puzzling characters. Nothing quite makes sense until EVERYTHING makes sense. This was extremely well-written and well-developed, impressively so. Every base is covered. No loose ends. And in the end, we had a perfect, completed jigsaw puzzle worthy of shellacking and hanging up on the study wall.

AND possibly THE BEST last line of my entire reading life.

BRAVO!
Linda Strong
Dec 30, 2015 Linda Strong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was a great psychological thriller by Samantha Hayes. She is a new author to me and I'm eager to read more of her books.

Claudia is 8 1/2 months pregnant. She's married to James, who is in the Navy and step-mom to James' twin 4-year-old sons. She is working as a social worker and as her husband will be on a submarine somewhere when she delivers, she is looking for a nanny to help out.

Lorraine is an officer of the law. Her newest case involves the murder of a pregnant woman and her baby. The
Dem
Aug 09, 2016 Dem rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I love a good Psychological thriller and Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes is one of those books that has you hooked from page one.

I loved the plot of this novel." You have something that someone else wants at any cost............ Claudia seems to have the perfect life. She's heavily pregnant with a much wanted baby. She has a wonderful husband and a home that is the envy of many. But then Zoe comes into her home to help Caudia when the baby arrives and Claudia soon realises that Zo
Brenda
Claudia Morgan-Brown was eight and a half months pregnant – and ecstatic after many miscarriages and stillbirths in the past. Her husband James was a devoted father of four year old twin boys, Noah and Oscar; their mother had passed away from cancer while they were still babies, so when James and Claudia fell in love, everything seemed perfect. But James was also a submariner in the Navy where he spent months at a time at sea. So it seemed like a sensible idea for them to hire a nanny to help ...more
Jules
Mar 11, 2015 Jules rated it really liked it
Wow, what a great psychological thriller!

I don't want to give too much away, so I just want to say that this was very well written, the plot was clever with some surprises, and the main female characters were strong and easy to relate to.

This story felt very real.

I found this very hard to put down, especially during the second half of the book. The last few chapters had my head in a spin.

I really look forward to reading more by this author, and would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good r
Stefanie
Aug 27, 2015 Stefanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4.0 Stars
This was a great psychological thriller by new author Samantha Hayes. This book was really easy to read. There are three main characters each of which get a chapter of their own and then it switches back to the first and so on. I enjoyed this style of writing as I got to read about the same or similar scenes from more than one perspective.

The Plot
Claudia Morgan-Brown is pregnant, very pregnant and she needs a nanny to help with her 4 year old twin step-sons and soon to arrive ne
Sue1958
Sep 08, 2014 Sue1958 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished reading UNTIL YOU'RE MINE by SAMANTHA HAYES link here on Amazon.

I've not read any book by this author before, so she has been a really new author to me and one that I will be watching for and reading books she already has out.

I don't like giving too much away about the story as it tends to spoils it for the reader, so I am going to say its a psychological thriller. I was hooked from beginning to end. The writing was free flowing, easy to connect with the characters and so i
Ruth Turner
Sep 25, 2014 Ruth Turner rated it really liked it

Once started I couldn't put it down. I read it in one day.

I found the story line a little unbelievable at times, but otherwise a great read.

3 stars plus 1 for the last line.

Mish
This book is a seriously disturbing novel that probes into the mind of a mentally unstable woman and her longing to have a child of her own.

In this book, we follow two Detective’s, a husband and wife team, who are trying to solve a series of brutal attacks and murder on specific women that have had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, whom are vulnerable and alone, and heavily pregnant. Whilst also struggling to hold their marriage together due to infidelity issues, a rebellious teenage daughte
Lee
Dec 31, 2015 Lee rated it liked it
I have previously read a book by Samantha Hayes and I really enjoyed it, I enjoyed this one but not quite as much. I won't go into the plot as it would be easy to give spoliers away but this is a psychological thriller which is creepy, suspenceful and keeps you thinking. I was quite captivated with the majority of the book but I was disappointed in the end.
Kat
Nov 12, 2013 Kat rated it it was ok
When I read the synopsis of Until You're Mine, I was immediately curious. Although not a mother myself, it struck me that a story about a pregnant woman with creepy nanny could be one of those edge-of-my-seat kind of books because the stakes are so very high.

Until You're Mine is told through three perspectives - Claudia who is finally pregnant with her first child after years of trying and heartbreak, Zoe the nanny who seems too good to be true and Lorraine, the police office investigating a ra
Hanna
Jan 26, 2016 Hanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hanna by: Yara George
Is the author joking or is she...joking? That must not be the twist.
Leanne
I'm a little grumpy writing this review, because although this was a fun, twisty, fast-paced book, I stayed up much too late finishing it. And it wasn't quite good enough to warrant me falling asleep at work and requiring multiple teas (because unfortunately, the appeal of coffee escapes me).

I'm giving Until You're Mine 3 stars because although I don't have many complaints, my inner book snob (sorry!) can't justify 4+ for this type of book. It is exactly the prose you'd expect from a slightly s
Kandice
Jan 17, 2015 Kandice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!! My 2.5 yr old son fell out of bed around 2:30am this morning. I couldn't go back to sleep right, so I decided to listen to this audiobook for a bit. It's now 5:30am and I'm finished AND WIDE AWAKE!! What a story!!!! Thank you Lisa E for recommending it. I just hope I can sneak in a nap later today!!

Review:

My heart aches for couples that struggle to conceive. I can only imagine the pain they feel when they are disappointed month after month. The emotional and financial strains infe
Lisa
Nov 12, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I can't say much about this book as I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone BUT if you love a get-your-teeth-stuck-in, gripping, hand-that-rocks-the-cradle-esque, fucked up psychological thriller then you will love this.

I had a small problem with it (and when I find out how to add a spoiler so you can't see it unless you click on it I'll tell you what it is lol!) but it didn't ruin the experience - I really enjoyed this one.

Melissa

What a great read! Every time I pick up a suspense, I’m hoping for a story as smartly crafted and unpredictable as this one. There’s nothing better than thinking you know exactly where a story is headed, only to watch it all unravel into something else entirely. By the end, I was shocked, a little creeped-out and feeling like I had been completely duped.

“Would you like me to tell you about the others?”

The story is told through the eyes of three very different women - Claudia (a pregn
Cleo Bannister
Sep 12, 2013 Cleo Bannister rated it it was amazing
Warning this is not a good book to read while you are pregnant! If you are pregnant buy it for when you are cradling your baby in your arms during those sleepless nights ahead.
This is a book starts with the description of a young girl sprinkling her tiny-tears doll with ‘magic dust’ to bring her to life, when the girl has no live baby in her arms by the time she is twelve, she throws her doll onto the fire in disgust.

This book is dominated by mothers; mothers-to-be and women who long-to-be-mothe
Maria
Jul 18, 2014 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quando parti para a leitura deste livro nunca pensei que tinha nas mãos um dos thrillers que mais gostaria de ler este ano.

Com um tema forte, envolvente, aterrador, Até que Sejas Minha, prendeu-me logo. E confesso que foi difícil conseguir parar de o ler.

O leitor vai sendo testemunha da história através do relato do dia-a-dia de três personagens: Claudia, Zoe e Lorraine.
O final, sinceramente, não me surpreendeu assim muito, porque fui tirando algumas conclusões ao longo do livro, através de alg
Myrna
Feb 08, 2015 Myrna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
I see the Goodreads community is divided on their ratings/feelings of this book. Most don't like it or really like it. I'm one of those that really liked it. It was a twisted thriller with a super creepy epilogue! Look forward to Samantha's next book.
Julie
Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes is a 2014 Broadway Books publication. I was provided a copy of this by the publisher and Blogging for Books in exchange for an honest review.

I am a huge fan of psychological thrillers because of the unusual twist and turns and and how tense the atmosphere is. This one had me on edge even more than usual due to the emotional subject matter.
Someone is trying to steal babies...before they are actually born- removing them from the womb of the mother, often takin
Lénia
Mar 17, 2015 Lénia rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Cometi a idiotice de ler a review que aparece em primeiro lugar, aqui no GR, antes de ler o livro. A dita review tem os spoilerzinhos todos que se possa imaginar. E eu li. E depois comecei a ler o livro, já a saber ao que ia. Ainda assim, foi uma leitura empolgante. Foi muito interessante ver como a autora deu a volta a tudo de maneira a todas as peças encaixarem no final. Foi um bocadinho como ver um corpo de dentro para fora, primeiro o esqueleto, depois o resto. Gostei mesmo muito. Se gostam ...more
Robert Smith
Aug 06, 2013 Robert Smith rated it it was ok
While it was well written, I knew after first chapter where is was going and I really did not like the direction it took. It was pretty hard to really care about any of the main characters at the end. Also since it was basically a Mystery and not a Thriller, the cavalry finally showing up in the nick of time premise was also pretty cliche but oh so normal in mysteries. Rather I would of liked a more exciting one on one final confrontation.
Can't go into any further details without spoilers.
Meera
Sep 09, 2013 Meera rated it it was ok
Terrible! It's supposed to be a thriller, but all the characters and the storyline are so preposterous that I couldn't believe in it at all. I guessed the so-called twist halfway through, and it was really unconvincing.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

ARC from NetGalley

3.5 Stars

After years of struggling with infertility, Claudia finally seems to almost have it all. She has a career as a social-services supervisor, a loving spouse, twin stepsons, and the little girl she has always dreamed of is due in just a few weeks. With so much on her plate, it is now time to hire a nanny who can get used to the run of the house before the new baby arrives. At first Zoe seems perfect, yet Claudia
E.
Feb 22, 2016 E. rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, suspense
This was nicely done.
I listened to this on audiobook because my schedule has been so upside down, I've had difficulty finding time to hold a book in my hand. I'm glad I did. The narrator, Clare Corbett, had such a soothing voice and captured the diverse and distinct British accents and dialects, as well as the dialogue for the children, men, women and various cops. Truly fun.

The story starts with a bang, and then settles in to the drama told from three perspectives.
The pregnant mom who also ha
Books, Blogs, Aut...: What makes a Psychological Thriller? (and a good one!) 1 17 Jan 28, 2014 03:21AM
First Read's Giveaway 13 35 Jul 25, 2013 09:09AM
  • Nearest Thing to Crazy
  • The Long Fall
  • Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
  • The Sleeper
  • Killing Cupid
  • Don't Stand So Close
  • Cry Baby (Callum Doyle #4)
  • The Last Winter of Dani Lancing
  • Dead Lovely
  • Close My Eyes
  • The Sacrificial Man (Cate Austin, #2)
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Remembering Sarah
  • Closing In
  • Never Coming Back (David Raker, #4)
  • No Other Darkness (DI Marnie Rome #2)
  • Without You
  • The Doll Maker (Jessica Balzano & Kevin Byrne #8)

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page!

My latest book IN TOO DEEP is out very soon on May 5th 2016. If you love a good 'domestic noir' thriller that will mess with your mind and keep you turning the pages, then this one's for you! Here's the blurb...

"Your husband goes out to buy a newspaper. He never comes back. Months later, an unexpected phone call puts you and your daughter in unimagin
More about Samantha Hayes...

DCI Lorraine Fisher (3 books)
  • What You Left Behind
  • You Belong To Me

“The sounds of a man crying is a piteous noise, almost worse than an infant's cry. Babies are either hungry, sick or bored, or need changing. This man was none of those things. He was wrapped in grief as deep as the ocean, and no one could do anything to help him.” 4 likes
“wasn’t white. I felt utterly despondent and ready to give up. DI Fisher: But you didn’t give up, did you? CMB: No. No, I didn’t. DI Scott: Was it your intention to remove Pip Pearce’s baby from her womb” 0 likes