Start by marking “An Isolated Range (Range, #5)” as Want to Read:
An Isolated Range (Range, #5)

An Isolated Range (Range #5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  511 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Marty Green has two loves in life: horses and basketball. But suffering a stroke during his first college game throws a wrench in his plans. After months spent in the hospital, recuperating under the zealous care of his overprotective parents, Marty realizes he needs to be on his own, so when he’s offered a job at a ranch owned by his doctor's good friend, he takes it.

Whe
Published December 3rd 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about An Isolated Range, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Isolated Range

Elspeth
This was not my favorite Range story, I just didn’t feel the chemistry between Quinn and Marty.
❧Gwen❤❦
OOH, Sweet a Heaven, I Loved It!

In This One We Meet Quinn...An Adorably Sweet Cowboy...

Gosh....I Loved Him As Soon As He Walked On The Pages.. BUT...This Book Has More To Love In It~

THE BOOK AND WHAT I LOVED...

I love the way their love stories un-folds, it's filled with such care and tenderness that alway draws me in, this was a very pleasant read and thus far these two are so my favorite in this series, although I must say this book has more awesomeness in it...

I'll place the extra awesomeness
Aine Massie
An Isolated Range is the newest Range story and officially my favourite, even if it was hard to read through tears a couple of times. Isolated is the story of Marty, an 18 yo man who suffers a stroke during his first college B-Ball game, and Quinn, Wally’s vet assistant.

When Marty wakes in the hospital, his life has been forever changed but thanks to her doctor (Dr. Feel Good, lol) he meets Dr. Dakota and is hired as a hand on the ranch he co-owns with Haven. Kota assigns him a few physical tas
Fernanda Parente
As alwayd Andrew Grey gave me an amazing story. Marty is great with all his doubts and insecurities as a 19 year has. To bad for the loss of......I can't tell who :). But it is a great book
Idamus
Sep 09, 2014 Idamus rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Didn't care about either MC all that much, and I was mightly distracted by the name Knepper, in Danish that means fucking, couldn't not read it as such...
Nic
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the earlier books in the series, largely because I found the first half slightly 'preachy' as Marty received advice about what it means to be gay and how he should be looking inside to find his true self. Quinn also seemed quite immature and nervous, not knowing how to start a relationship with the younger man, so I was surprised to find he was 26.

However, I liked the way Marty was portrayed and felt his frustration as he struggled to become independent, parti
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Another winner from Andrew Grey! AN ISOLATED RANGE tells the story of a young man who is felled in the prime of his life by a freak stroke, and what happens to him after that devastating, life changing event.
This is a great story about personal independence, love found and lost, and what it really means to be a loving, supportive parent. Another wonderful character-driven novel in the style we have come to expect from the story-telling mind of Andrew Grey. Enjoy.
Please see my complete review on
Altivo Overo
Nov 30, 2014 Altivo Overo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of male romance, cowboy fans
Shelves: m-m-romance, western
I think this is probably the conclusion to the author's "Range" series, and it's a pretty good one. A number of things are neatly wrapped up, but a couple of loose ends remained. The writing style is good, it's an easy read. Yes, it's a romance, a bit formulaic, and filled with shallow stereotypical characters. The ones who have been there through the entire series all reappear, though some in mere cameo roles. As I've said of the other books, I'm not sure the two or three explicit scenes are re ...more
Amber Fueston
This was a great addition to the series!

This time I finally got the feeling back that I had with Dakota and Wallys story. While not every story was a five star read for me, as a whole the series is simply wonderful.

Marty stole my heart very quickly. He has such drive and determination to succeed you cant help but root for him. To not only have to deal with recovering from the stroke but coming to terms with who he is even though he knows how difficult it will be for his family is heartbreaking.
Trisha Harrington
This was such a sad book. The end of this did bring a tear to my eye. The couple were really sweet in this. Marty and Quinn made me smile and laugh and also shed a few tears. I knew Jefferson died, but it was still sad. He was a really great character, and helped all the men in this series.
Elisa Rolle
This is not the first story I read in the from the Range series, and I’m quite surprised the author always manages to make them different remaining nevertheless inside the confines of the same range, same town and more or less same circle of supporting characters.

This time it was the time of Marty and Quinn, two different young men, and yes, I have to highlight young cause Marty is at his first year of college and Quinn is a veterinary assistant. They are still in that moment of life when their
Nikko

I totally totally loved this!!!
cat reads
I guess I'm the odd one out on this story. To me this seemed like the author was at the point of churning out books for an already mediocre series and getting tired. The writing style took a huge nosedive with this one. Grey is a competent writer for the most part, but this was so amateur I wondered if the editor died or had a concussion. Whatever happened, they were asleep instead of doing their job.

That's bad enough, but there was so much preaching to the choir, I wondered if Grey remembered t
Julie Ramsey
An Isolated Range (Range #5) by Andrew Grey

Marty is a nineteen year old young man who is a basketball player college student and pretty sure he is gay.
Inner turmoil keeps him from admitting it to himself. His father is an important person in DC. Is has been taught not to make waves. While a basketball game he suffers a stroke. After months in the hospital , he is offered a job on a ranch. Along with therapy and being away from his hovering parents, things start to look up for Marty. Upon arrival
Beck
2015 Review… ★★☆ rounded down to ★★

I read this one all by itself and I have to say that I had to force myself to finish … the writing style keeps the reader at a distance and tended to take on a sanctimonious 'telling' tone rather than showing the reader with vivid imagery … I really didn't become invested in the characters at all and was indifferent to their relationship and life … I did enjoy the earlier books in the series and I do like Grey's other cowboy series (Farm), but this is just beco
T.M. Smith
Marty Green is a vibrant young man who’s life is forever changed when he has a stroke. While recovering at the hospital he meets Dr. Dakota Holden, who offers him a job at his ranch. Left in wheelchair and facing moving back home where he’d be under the thumb of his extremely over protective mother, he accepts the offer, gladly!

From the first time Marty and Quinn meet, the attraction is evident and little is done to avoid it. But Marty is an emotional wreck. He has isolated himself and his sexu
Marinieves Cordero
Marty and Quinn's story. Marty loves basketball and horses .. At the first game he falls down and had to be taken to the hospital for months. Being a son of a political family he hides who He is. With the help of his doctor and Dakota , he goes to recuperate and work at the ranch ... Quinn is Wally's veterinarian assistant. He knows who He is and the only thing holding him back is his father desires to keep the secret that He is gay. Quinn meets Marty and helps him ... While leaving on the ranch ...more
Lily Pilly
Wow! What a shocking start that was for me!!!! I was reading innocently enjoying myself thinking Marty is playing his basketball game and will probably meet the love of his life or something like that......but instead Andrew Grey gave me the shock of my life with what happens to Marty (I cannot tell you otherwise I would be unfair to Andrew Grey's story).....so I quickly switched my "sample" story on kindle and purchases the story to read the rest....
I just love Andrew's stories as he is so open
Tj
This was my least favorite book of the series. It was well written like all of Andrews books and had been I not read any of the other books in the series I would have enjoyed it. Taken in context with the other books in the series, I am not sure what purpose it served.

We do loose Jefferson i this book and the loss feels tangible. Jefferson is so well written in the books he seems real.
Jam
Did not finish at 53%

Despite the 5-star reviews this story did not speak to me at all. It was boring, sad to say. I had to skip pages to see any progress with the characters, Marty's recuperation, and it was just too slooooowwwwwwww.... While I enjoy the gradual build in the MCs relationship like this story supplies, I just feel that I'm in a constant plateau with this one.
Rick Fisher
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. There are no great plot twists or pivotally shocking moments to make the reader gasp and think "I sure didn't expect that". What you get though, is a remarkably sweet and endearing tale about love, acceptance and triumph. It's a tried and true story with very likable and relatable characters dealing with life's everyday struggles. And, they are handled intelligently and resolutely.
If you are looking for something new to blow your socks off, then this one may n
Lillyg
I'm glad we went back to Dakota & Wally's ranch.
Beacullen
I am constantly amazed at the variety of characters Andrew Grey comes up with, this book was no exception. Marty is the son of a senator who has a stroke at 19 while playing basketball. While rehabilitating he meets Quinn. He's worked at Wally and Dakota's farm for a while helping Wally with his veterinary business. Both characters are well written and have such individual problems to deal with, but together they make it all work. loved it
Brandilyn
Dammit. Andrew Grey isn't supposed to make me cry! An Isolated Range was definitely my favorite book in the Stories from the Range series (and that was BEFORE the emotional ending). The character of Marty was inspired by a real-life basketball player who suffered a stroke his freshman year, but that is where reality ends and Grey's storytelling begins.
Jason
Apr 10, 2014 Jason rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Steven Oxley
OMG...this was the hardest one for me to finish. I knew what was coming for Dakota but I still didn't want to face it. I hope this is not the last for these guys. I've fallen hard for them. Between you and Amy Lane I don't think I'll get anything done this year. Thank you.
Danni
I really like this series, and I take any chance I get to read more about the guys in the Range series. This book isn´t my favourite in the bunch, but is somewhere in the middle.
J.B. Sanders
Thoroughly enjoyable romance. I loved seeing the twin struggle of the main character to overcome his sudden disability and his oppressive family at the same time. Very nicely done.
Carey
So this book only took me 9 months to read. I have no idea why but it just didn't grab my attention like the others in the series. Feeling really good about finishing it though :)
Birte
Jun 08, 2013 Birte rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: xx
3.5 stars. I love every character of this series, that's why I got all the books. Overall it's still an enjoyable read, but truth to be told: you know one, you know them all
Dreamspinner Press: An Isolated Range by Andrew Grey 1 8 Dec 03, 2012 08:27AM
  • Conquer the Flames (Lang Downs #4)
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
  • Complete Faith (Morning Report, #2)
  • Love, Like Water
  • Wishing for a Home (Home, #3)
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Worth the Coming Home (Love's Value, #1)
  • The Law of Desire (Encounters, #1)
  • My Cowboy Heart (The Cowboys, #1)
  • Cowboys Down
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • After the Sunset (Timing, #2)
  • The Ranch Foreman

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...

Range (7 books)
  • A Shared Range (Range, #1)
  • A Troubled Range (Range, #2)
  • An Unsettled Range (Range, #3)
  • A Foreign Range (Range, #4)
  • A Volatile Range (Range, #6)
  • A Chaotic Range (Range, #7)
Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1) Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1) A Shared Range (Range, #1) Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5) Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)