Start by marking “Summer Break Blues (The Clanless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Summer Break Blues (The Clanless, #2)

Summer Break Blues (The Clanless #2)

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
I survived my senior year of high school despite being turned into a vampire. Summer break should be a snap. No getting up early or making excuses why I can’t make it to class or hang out with my friends.

I had hoped to put the events of last year behind me. Unfortunately, the Sidhe won’t let me. Nobody holds a grudge like they do, especially when you kill one of their own.
ebook
Published November 14th 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published November 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Break Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Break Blues

Sabrina
Mar 04, 2015 Sabrina rated it really liked it
Shelves: vamps
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the author.

Meg managed to survive her senior year of high school as a vampire, and now she’s looking forward to a relaxing summer with her friends before trying to tackle college. Unfortunately, some unfinished business from the previous year rears its ugly head and Meg is forced to deal with the Sidhe who are distinctly unhappy that she killed one of their kind last winter.

Then Ann’s parents vanish while they are on their annual summer
Bea
Oh, I enjoyed this book. The author is one of my favorites and this series is too. She's got a third book planned but hasn't started writing it. If it weren't illegal, I'd kidnap her and hold her hostage until she finished the book. Darn laws. :P

If you haven't read the first book, "Senior Year Bites", do that before reading this one, as this can work as a stand alone but works better read in order. "Summer Break Blues" picks up a few months afterward. Meg and her Scooby gang head to Maine during
Mardel
Dec 10, 2012 Mardel rated it it was amazing
Book no 2 of The Clanless, Summer Break Blues takes up after the events of Senior Year Bites. Meg and friends graduate, and make plans....however, there are some complications.

Ann's parents have disappeared, so the friends plan a road trip to help find the parents. Only Ann is behaving rather strangely. And Meg keeps having to deal with this crazy fae - they're not happy with her since the events of her senior year (spoilers for first book, so no details). With Summer Break Blues - great title f
Cocktails and Books
Feb 19, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
This book was amazing, like a mixture of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Scooby Doo but so much better than that. Casey Tam, was turned into a vampire in book one and in this book she is learning to balance her powers, love life and friendships. Throw in that her best friend’s parents have disappeared and a road trip to Maine to rescue them and you have one quick moving story. Wait, I almost forgot the most important part her best friend Ann’s boyfriend Alexander may or may not be her arch enemy.

Al
Jackie
Mar 16, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it
Summer Break Blues is the second book in J.A Campbell’s Clanless series. This was a fantastic short Paranormal Young Adult novel. I unfortunately didn’t read the first book in the series, but I must say that when reading this I didn’t feel like I missed so much that I couldn’t get a handle on the book. I do, however, want to go back and read the first novel. In this book, we start off with the three girls Meg, Ann and Steph graduating high school. While planning on what to do with their summer b ...more
Jeremy Reppy
Nov 28, 2015 Jeremy Reppy rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
An enjoyable sequel to "Senior Year Bites." Plenty of twists, turns, revelations, and changes in relationship. The ending sets up the third book well. Definitely a series to keep watching/reading.

*SPOILERS*

Meg faces the wrath of the Sidhe (and they face her wrath in response), learns more about being a vampire, and with Alexander, Steph, and Ann, goes to Maine in search of Ann's missing parents. In process, she meets a new vampire (Yoshi) and learns about a new type of supernatural being.
Alysia
Mar 14, 2015 Alysia rated it it was amazing
I think this book is a great book 2 in the series. There are more interesting supernatural bad guys awaiting you. Meg is starting to get a hang of new powers, and starting to warm up to being a hero. I think If you liked book one Senior Year Bites, you should keep reading this series. *I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Angela McPherson
Loved this series. Sumer Break Blues is a quick, fun read the entire family can enjoy!
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Hayley Guertin
Hayley Guertin marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Matthew Briskey
Matthew Briskey rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Suzi Blazey
Suzi Blazey is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2016
Amy Ovall
Amy Ovall rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Natasha Bodentien
Natasha Bodentien rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Mel
Mel rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
jenice owen
jenice owen rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Misty Sulouff
Misty Sulouff marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Tiki
Tiki rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
J.A. Campbell
Nov 29, 2015 J.A. Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Charli ღ Denae
Charli ღ Denae marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Rini Kirkpatrick
Rini Kirkpatrick marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Tiago Zanco
Tiago Zanco rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Minoakaokalani Steward
Minoakaokalani Steward marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Candice
Candice rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
When Julie is not writing she's often out riding horses, or working sheep with her dogs. She lives in Colorado with her three cats, Kira and Bran, her border collies, her Traveler-in training, Triska, and her Irish Sailor. She is the author of many Vampire and Ghost-Hunting Dog stories the Tales of the Travelers series, and many other young adult books. She’s a member of the Horror Writers Associa ...more
More about J.A. Campbell...

The Clanless (2 books)
  • Senior Year Bites (The Clanless, #1)