Start by marking “Skin Deep (Feral Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skin Deep (Feral Ink, #1)

Skin Deep (Feral Ink #1)

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Angelique had no idea her black panther tattoo would force her to abandon the love of her life—Connor O’Reilly—but she’s determined to keep him safe no matter how much it hurts. Her tattoo doubles as her feline familiar: loving, protective, dangerous, and with a life of its own. It’s also her deepest secret and draws enemies who desire its power for themselves.

Connor has n
Published November 9th 2012 by Etopia Press (first published November 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Skin Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Deep

Werewolf Connor O’Reilly is being forced to mate, it wouldn't be so bad if the woman he had already given his heart to hadn't run away without any explanation. Angelique Trinette has a secret, a black panther tattoo that also is her familiar, it is as if two different personalities share one body. The problem is her panther is unpredictable and she was not willing to take the chance of harming Connor, but she did not know Connor had his own secrets to reveal.

Captivating story that was filled wit
Ana P
Different & Good!

Sarah gifted this book to me for an honest review.

I really liked the different gift that Angelique has in this story, I'd heard of Familiars, but never read about one in a story.

Angelique does not even know what power she possesess, only that if something happened to her, or her familiar which is a black panther, it will happen to the other...Her lonliness was overwhelming if not for Kira her familiar, but in walks a hunk wolf and love of her life......

What awaits these two
Erin Mansfield
Dec 14, 2012 Erin Mansfield rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who enjoys romance
Loved it! I am a long time fan of romance novels, but so many of them are just mindless fodder in 200 pages or less. It was nice to read a romance novel that was an interesting, well developed story. I just wish it was a longer story so I could have enjoyed more Connor Werewolf goodness! Can't wait for the next one!
Clueless heroine that would more likely be eaten by a wolf pack than mate into one. And zero explanation of her magic. A bit more wrap up at the end as to how things happened and what it means regarding the wolf pack would have been nice, so the ending feels a bit empty.

This is one of those stories that just kinda make me shrug. I don't really feel one way or another about it and since it was only 100 pages, it wasn't a waste of time. I'm glad it was a freebie, though. I'd consider this a bubbl
Connor has a deadline to find his mate or his alpha will find her for him, the only mate that Connor wants left him and he doesn’t know why. Determined to find the reason why, he pretty much stalks her (smiles) phone and just dropping by her place.
Angelique has a black panther, that is very protective of her... so much so that it leaves Angelique a bit wary of being in a relationship. The big reason why she broke it off with Connor.
Now with a ex girl friend, a actual stalker... both a danger t
A lot goes on between the pages of this short story as two otherworldly creatures, whose secrets tore them apart before, reunite while others try to keep them apart in a bloody and action-packed series of events that leads to an all out frenzied conclusion. Angelique comes from an ancient group who carry their Familiars on their skin and who have struggled to keep their secrets after being hunted to near extinction. These secrets led her to abandon the love of her life but after a year apart he' ...more
Skin Deep by Sarah Makela is a great read. The story is unique and combines a different twist to paranormal with the familiar werewolves.. I really enjoyed the characters and the way they interacted with each other. Angelique has a tattoo of a jaguar ..her familiar. I really loved how Kira (the familiar) could exist as a part of Angelique and also separate. Kira's cat personality was captured perfectly.
Connor is the werewolf who wants to mate with Angelique. This story was just the right mix of
Eva Millien
Angelique is determined to keep him safe, Connor is determined to win her back but their secrets threaten to keep them apart and hidden enemies seek to destroy their love forever in this edgy and thrilling paranormal romance.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers hovering on the edge of anticipation with suspense, drama, action and romance. The well written scenes and details inspire vivid images that capture the imagination and the well orchestrated suspense and drama draw the re
I loved this oh so cute story. It covered such a unique and different world. Sarah's uniquely takes you into a hidden world where not only shifters take forms. This world of inked animals gives you a hope for those stuck as humans. The bond she explores between The two lead characters and the lead characters ink shows a world of depth and affection. The pain and sorrow of not having ones heart felt love is explored as well as the notion of giving up ones love for their protection or to keep them ...more
Purr More, Censor Less
I was first attracted to this book because I like the story concept of a tattoo also acting as a familiar that has a life of its own. In fact, this ended up being my favorite part of the story. I really liked the way the tattoo would move around on Angelique’s body. How she could feel the fur brush against her or how the black leopard, Kira, would nuzzle her for comfort or lash out to protect her. Then at times the black leopard tattoo could actually come to life and separate itself from Angeliq ...more
Angelique has left Conner's life, but he doesn't understand why. For many months Angelique runs away from Conner by any means necessary from moving to changing her number. But Conner wants Angelique back and won't stop fighting for her until he knows why, but most importantly he won't stop until she's back in his arms again. Conner is a werewolf and must mate with someone soon or his mate shall be chosen for him. He wants it to be Angelique he knows what they had was great, but what went wrong? ...more
Buffy Kennedy
This was a pretty well done story. There’s mystery, danger, and of course love, all in a novella package. The plot was interesting, though a little weak in some places for me, with strong conflicts and compelling emotional ties between the main characters. After how bad things got, I think everything was wrapped up a little too easily, and I would have liked a little more in the way of world building. We get enough to understand the context of the situation and the state of the characters, but I ...more
Very original and entertaining story line
What a very original concept having the shapshifter animal with you but not a part of you. Where as most are both the person and the animal not separate entities. Well written story with lots of action to keep your interest. A nice short and enjoyable read. I won this book from the author thru a contest.
BBMoreB ~
The author did an excellent job of making her series stand out in a very crowded genre by twisting together just the right combination of mythology. This series has a solid foundation with high quality content; both the plot and storyline were very engaging. However, I did feel the book was often rushed – as a reader I tend to invest a great deal into the emotional development of the characters.

Hopefully, this entertaining and sexy series will see many future installments.

Disclosure: This eboo
Skin Deep was a great read. I found the story to be original and unique. I really enjoyed the characters and the way they interacted with each other. I especially liked Kira. Being a cat lover myself, I loved the way the author captured the cat's personality. This has to be one of my favorite paranormal romances ever!
I didn't like this book. It wasn't complete to me, not enough backlog on the characters. It fell really flat.
It was kind of weird but it seemed really familiar to another story I have read. I didn't mind it at all.
2.5 Stars :0)
Leesha marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Alison marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Cindy Caron
Cindy Caron marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Diane marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Kerry marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
D Thomas
D Thomas marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Alessa Denison
Alessa Denison marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Sarah Mäkelä loves her fiction dark, magical, and passionate. She is a paranormal romance author, but she's written all over the romance spectrum with cyberpunk, sci-fi, fantasy, urban fantasy... even a sweet contemporary romance!

A life-long paranormal fan, she still sleeps with a night light. In her spare time, she reads sexy books, watches scary mo
More about Sarah Mäkelä...

Feral Ink (2 books)
  • Inked Fury (Feral Ink, #2)
The Witch Who Cried Wolf (Cry Wolf, #1) Cold Moon Rising (Cry Wolf, #2) Highland Moon Rising (Cry Wolf, #4) The Wolf Who Played With Fire (Cry Wolf, #3) Beneath the Broken Moon: Part One (Broken, #1)