Start by marking “This Man (This Man, #1)” as Want to Read:
This Man (This Man, #1)

This Man (This Man #1)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  60,856 ratings  ·  4,184 reviews
Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedoni ...more
ebook, 1st edition, 448 pages
Published October 20th 2012

To ask other readers questions about This Man, please sign up.

Calla Choo James Cavendish!! Up in the air series by R.K. Lilley. Check it out. I guarantee you won't regret it.
Lauren I LOVED this whole series. Very Amazing! One of my favorites. Emotions are high!

Akanksha❤ Søren♰
If you need a story to relate to the book, this isn't your cup of tea because the book doesn't have one. It has only 3 things, controlling guy (not in a hot way), Crazy girl (in the literal way) and sex (without any chemistry)

____

She’s mentally undressing me. I should take my shirt off and confirm what she’s thinking.
A little something in Jesse's pov.. Here & Here
________
What the fuck did I just read and waste my time on????
descriptiondescription

"Watch Your Fucking Mouth"
I can totally imagine Jesse barking this
Navessa

Things you would probably enjoy more than reading this piece of shiterature:

- Letting Hannibal Lecter give you your yearly pap smear.
- Euthanizing your favorite pet.
- Allowing your best friend to run over your foot with their car.
- Contracting MRSA.
- Watching every single episode of Guiding Light.

Some of the wonderful messages in the first 50 pages of this book:

- Big black men should be treated as potential rapists. Distrust them on sight.
- Gay men are promiscuous and frivolous. They also
Lisa

You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war.
You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door.
You and I get so damn dysfunctional, we stopped keeping score.
You and I get sick, yeah, I know that we can't do this no more.

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

M
Britt
No, No and just No.

This book was sort of like watching a car crash about to happen. You can see it happening right in front of you and it’s not something pleasant you want to experience, but for the hell of it you can’t bring yourself to look away.

There are just so many problems with this book (I even wrote a damn list), so I am apologising in advance if this review gets a bit ranty.

5 reasons why I hated this book

1. Jesse’s possessiveness.
I have experienced my fair share of super alpha mal
Aestas Book Blog
I'm torn on how to rate this book. I liked some of it, I disliked some of it, some of it was thrilling, some of it was frustrating so...

3.5 stars.

This book has been 'going around' a lot and I was very intrigued by the controlling, possessive billionaire premise.

I’m not a fan of comparing books, I prefer to let each
Jenny Levine
MOVE OVER 50 SHADES OF GREY TRILOGY AND CROSSFIRE SERIES...
THERE'S A NEW STEAMY TRILOGY IN TOWN!

I'm adding "This Man" to my list of favorites. I still love FSoG and The Crossfire Series though. HA.

Anyway, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Ava, a mid-twenties Interior designer was sent by her boss to do her job at "The Manor", owned by the I-don't-know-his-age drop dead gorgeous devastatingly handsome suited God, Jesse Ward, which isn't what she expected though (she expected a pompous country
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Buddy Read with Liz

I love an alpha but Jesse took it to the extreme. This book was long and just full of sex and fighting. I am not sure if I will be reading on with the series given that there really isn't much of a story.
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

4.5 Cray-Cray - Wine Bottles & Mini Dresses & Countdowns to Zero & Eclairs
    May I present to you... *drum roll*... My Jesse!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Holy sh!t to the crazy man - Jesse. And Ava sweetie...

description

Before I start can I have a moment please?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Theeeeeeere much better... now on to the review

~*~*~*~*~*~

Let's start off with presenting the Manor of Jesse... simply beautiful and well I dare you to take an ungaurded peak into one of the rooms (whoops... I did not say that)

description

The beautiful, young and talented int
Miss H
This will most likely contain spoilers, so if that isn't your thing, feel free to ignore this review entirely.

I don't even know where to start. To be honest, I’m baffled by the amount of reviews that rave about how good this book is.

I mean, I just...

The editing, well, this book could use a good editor. Almost all the dialogue tags are punctuated incorrectly, with periods at the end of the dialogue where commas should be used instead.

Jesse:

I typically enjoy reading books with alpha male characte
Debra

3.5 CRAZY, POSSESSIVE, "WATCH YOUR MOUTH" STARS.

Who is This Man??

Let me provide you with a mental image first...

We know his name is Jesse Ward.

We know that YES, Jesse is pretty much perfect on the outside... He's dangerously handsome, filthy rich and he's also the Lord of the Manor; a blooming, successful "hotel" for which Jesse has hired the 26 year old ambitious interior designer Ava O'Shea to redesign some of the rooms.

From the moment Ava and Jesse meet, there's an instant powerful connection
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4-ish CRAZY-ass Stars

description

"I’m keeping you forever."

Really,really glad I read this story!! I understand now the controversial reviews and why few DNF, but I kinda loved it. It's nothing unique really. But it's funny, it's bat-shit crazy, it's enjoying. My kinda of sexy read!

And all of you sexy billionaires, you think you are insane? Possesive? Ha, ha, ha..
description

There is a a new psychotic man in town. And he deserves to be hospitalized!!!!!!!!!! THIS MAN!

So, WELCOME TO THE MANOR(view spoiler)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo MalpasThisMan1TitlebySueBee_zpsd598e68b.jpg
 photo eric-dane-greys-anatomy-Favim_com-290792_zpsfd9f86a6.gif
★★★★★! This Man, book 1 of 3. The in control yet so out-of-control, Jesse Ward’s intense & imperious seduction & pursuit of Ava O’Shea. A whirlwind tale filled with secrets, lies, villains & suspense plus a captivating love!

“He shakes his head. ‘You’re different. I told you, Ava, I’ll trample anyone who tries to get in my way. Even you.”

This Man Series is the intense, epic saga about Jesse Ward, Mr. Sexy, Bossy, Compulsive and Secretive Extraordinaire, in his relentless pursui
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
WTF? Even if I hadn't been convinced yet that I would never read her books, the following mind-boggling statements sealed the deal for me...
 photo oie_irHrJInwbRoc_zpsul4vupsf.gif
 photo oie_bBDrL9OJycRo_zpstdc4pxsz.gif

My husband was no match for the fantasy hunk in my erotic novels...so I've ditched him.

photo oie_dmi177clloEl_zpslfnaipag.gif
 photo oie_SrGZYKCZnpwa_zpsobnvhchs.gif

Ms Malpas, from Northampton, says: ‘All my fictional men are strong, successful, sophisticated and enigmatic. I guess it’s hard for any living, breathing man to live up to such a fantasy.

photo oie_EQXGrWpOtQi8_zpscf9lbj9o.gif
 photo oie_uOgvCIRXXAB0_zpsptotnjiv.gif

‘After all, I created him and I made him the way he is for a reason. Every woma
Becs
It was with no small amount of trepidation that I embarked upon this novel. After reading hugely differing opinions on the hero and the writing in general in reviews, I was concerned that this story was going to wave all sorts of personal red flags for me, rake up painful memories and generally traumatise me. Thankfully, this caution was most definitely misplaced as I very much enjoyed this book – in fact, I loved every second.

It’s the story of interior designer Ava, a girl about town, in London
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 3.5 out 5
Favorite Line - "You better stop with the blah-fucking-zay shit now, or I'll shove this fork so far up your arse, you'll be chewing metal"
Favorite Character - Kate

Jesse

Ava

Their relationship

Mr Ward is liar, he is deceitful, arrogant, rude & possessive. (but yet i still like him)
Ava is a pushover, she is easy, stupid, naive & irritating at times. (but yet i still like her)
The book has many similarities for me to 50 shades but I still really enjoyed it. It was
Sammy☆Smitten With Book Heroes☆彡
★★★★4 Stars Given to This Man★★★★

My Jesse (because I have been waiting for a character to use this delicious man as character inspiration)

My Ava

Ava, an interior decorator, is hired to decorate the new rooms built during at expansion project at The Manor. During her consultation for the project, she meets the owner Jesse Ward, with whom she has an instant spark with. While Jesse decides that he must make Ava his own, Ava is doing her best to fight the attraction.

Jesse... Jesse... Jesse... I reall
Purist
Another one of those books...
1 Girl Meet Gorgeous Boy
2 Weeping Cunny, Peeking Nips
...........
3 Girl: Go away, I should not want you!!
4 Boy: Stalk, Act generally creepy
5 Girl: Here comes some stupid reason because of which I have to run
6 Boy: You've ruined my life
7 Author: The saga continues in the next book
8 Me: Ha, fucking ha!!!

Now, the sucky things that stand out:
1) sludgy eyes
I am sorry, but sludgy implies viscous. Now, unless
Elizabeth (Liz)
**Updated 11/14/12 with 2nd book release date...Beneath This Man releases January 18, 2013, per the author**

3.5 Stars!

Hold onto your hats, kids, we have another romantic trilogy!!

Set in and around London, This Man features a sexy, mysterious (and certifiable) British businessman, Jesse Ward, and a gorgeous, twenty-something (occasionally TSTL) interior designer, Ava O'Shea. These two decide to mix business with pleasure early on. Do I really need to tell you that uber drama ensues?

- What I Enjoy
Holly
Attempting to write a review for this book without allowing myself to go off on a rant about everything that bothered me about the story would be next to impossible. So, consider yourself warned.

I am a fan of the Alpha Male character in books. Hell, gimme an Uber-Alpha Male and I'm an even happier girl. But...there is a difference between being an Alpha Male and being an obnoxious bully. Sometimes the lines blur, but in the case of this book...there is no question that the character of Jesse War
Catarina
4 completely crazy stars!

Ava is an interior designer that has a meeting with a client that is the owner of a Manor. But she gets there she will have the surprise of her life. The owner is a sexy, mysterious guy and their connections is immediate and powerful.

description

She tries to deny it, not only his a client but she’s recently out of a relationship, but Jesse is a guy used to have what it wants and he wants Ava, strongly.

description

But eventually she gives in and realizes that what they have can’t be stopped and
★★Sara Lizzy★★
This was a BR with Jo and Sammy!

5-ish Stars!

Let me start by saying, I freaking love this series. This is like the 3rd or 4th time I read this book and I'm just NOW getting around to doing a review.

Shortly after the book begins, Ava O'Shea, who is an interior designer is heading to The Manor for a consult.

My Ava

When she arrives at The Manor, she is meets Jesse Ward.

My Jesse

When they meet, there is an instant attraction. I'm not going to go into lots of details about this book because I don't wan
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
Jan 11, 2013 Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog by: Maria
The Hero in the book, I hear, is BRITISH!!!!! Yea. Nuff said. I'm sold. ;)

4.5 Stars

His face is serious, but still stunning. 'How loud do you think you'll scream when I fuck you?'

Holy. Bloody. Fucking. Hell. I...I...I don't know what to fucking say. I'm rendered a bit speechless. This story has left me in a state of frustration; I'm completely dumbfounded. What the hell did I just read? I've never read a story that has left me with more questions than answers. I don’t ever remember feeling like
Maya  ~the Pessimistic Happy Cat~
*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸¸.·2,5 Stars

Short version of the story:

Jesse:

ü

s

And a lot of this:

How their conversation start/end:

"Shouldn't we talk our about our problems??"
"Nah."

ki

u
Anna

I tried. I really truly did. This book was just not for me. If I'm at 40% and I'm still not sure of the integrity of the hero's heart ....... And my feelers are out and IT.AINT.GOOD anddddd the icccckkk moments overpower the awwwwww moments. It's a DNF. It's DNF-ingF !!! This book was not my friend !!!!!

Jesse Ward: although I didn't get to know you to 100% Here was what I was thinking the majority of the 40% of the time getting to know you and your control freak domineering condescending barking
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
i MISS Jesse!! reread August 2014 - it's always so much better rereading when you have all the answers!

*******************************************************

After a successful launching of her newly designed luxury apartments, Lusso, Ava has an appointment with the owner of The Manor, Jesse Ward. From the moment they see each other, they both know they are in way over their heads! Ava, of course, cannot have a relationship with a client plus...he has a girlfriend. Still...it is very hard for h
Jennifer Kyle
4--'ISH' STARS

”I’ve fallen in love with a controlling, domineering, unreasonable, neurotic, trampling man, who happens to be a client and fucks me senseless? Oh, who also gives me the countdown when I disobey him.”

I’ll admit it Jesse Ward is way too possessive for me. He takes controlling and possessiveness to new levels. He seeks control of basically all aspects of Ava’s life.

But to be honest by the end of the book, I think I liked him.

Jesse Ward, age yet to be determined, falls to the point
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Be still my beating heart because I am being inundated with hot sexy mysterious alpha males this week. Oh yes girls, you are going to want to meet This Man…Mr Jesse Ward!!! Gorgeous!!! New book-boyfriend alert!! A must read for sure!

This story is set round London and it is written by a FAB-U-LUSH British indie Author who keeps it real by keeping British slang and words, making it true to its roots, right for the story and above all authentic!! For our non-British audience don’t forget Google is
JaHy♕ Bitchy  Goddess ♥'s  everything CrAzY  ☿

*** I believe its unfair to rate an unfinished book , so I WON'T***

Why did I NOT finish you ask? One word........ AVA,
aka. Aroused Vagina Assassin. Yup! Every time Jesse remotely started to make me tingle the cuntfart would speak and .......bye-bye ladyboner, ugh!,

Ava

Gawd this SUCKS!!.. I actually liked Jesse, until he started with his " WATCH YOUR MOUTH " bullshit. Can you say, fuck you Mr. Hypocrite? The fact that he wasted so much time chasing that basic bitch also infuriated me.

I reall
Christy
4.5 Crazy Jesse Lovin' Stars!
Hmmm I had mixed feelings about this one. Overall I really liked it though. It had some hot parts and some funny parts. Here we go:
Jesse - I really liked him! Much more than I probably should have. He was batshit crazy at times, but also super alpha male, sexy and dominant! I will definitely read the next book just to get some more of Jesse... yum. I love the intense and a little crazy ones!!!! Right up my freaking alley!!!
Ava - At times, I did like Ava. Other times
A review?!?!? I can’t do a bloody review of this book!! Eff that! All I can give you is my emotions!

My lips are raw from doing so much of this during this book!

Swoon!!!!

My Jesse (the eyes, the smirk, the disheveled suit!):

Jesse Ward

My Ava (in coral lace!):

Amber Anderson by Simona Barbieri

This man is….
Lord of the Manor.
a devastatingly, handsome suited God.
sex on legs.
lean loveliness.
a heartbreaker.
a bloody genius.
beautiful, intense, and passionate.
a magnet.
a prince of seduction.
unendurable.
the most potent aphrodisiac.
confident,
Does Ava drives you crazy? 32 354 Dec 15, 2014 03:09PM
Does anyone else believe that Ava should learn to stick up for herself??? 5 60 Aug 23, 2014 09:21AM
Any Similar Books???? 40 1173 Aug 04, 2014 06:11AM
I'm in last Book...... 11 159 Jun 24, 2014 06:52PM
Americans question? 16 203 Jun 14, 2014 02:25PM
Jesse and Ava's song... 2 95 May 26, 2014 06:57AM
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4)
  • Submit (Songs of Submission, #3)
  • Knight & Stay (Knight, #2)
  • Knight & Play (Knight, #1)
  • Eyes Wide Open (The Blackstone Affair, #3)
  • Insufferable Proximity (Insufferable Proximity, #1)
  • The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Incineration (Heart of Stone, #1; NSC Industries, #2)
  • Close Up and Personal (Spotlight, #1)
  • On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • Control (Songs of Submission, #4)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)
Jodi Ellen Malpas was born and raised in the Midlands town of Northampton, England, where she lives with her two boys. Working for her father’s construction business full time, she tried to ignore the lingering idea of writing until it became impossible. She wrote in secret for a long time before finally finding the courage to unleash her creative streak, and in October 2012 she released This Man. ...more
More about Jodi Ellen Malpas...
This Man Confessed (This Man, #3) Beneath This Man (This Man, #2) Promised (One Night, #1) Denied (One Night, #2) Unveiled (One Night, #3)

“Just tell me one thing before you leave, Ava.” His voice prickles at my senses… His face is serious, but still stunning. “How loud do you think you’ll scream when I fuck you?” 382 likes
“God!” I scream.