Start by marking “Towers (The World Between, #1)” as Want to Read:
Towers (The World Between, #1)

Towers (The World Between #1)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The next job, the next fix, the next thrill has been the mindset of Heath Fallows since the day he abandoned his broken home for the harsher call of the streets. But being a homeless thief in a conglomerate society will only get you so far, and he soon finds himself surviving by skirting outside of business infrastructure.

A career of breaking and entering and drug-peddlin
Published November 3rd 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Towers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Towers

The Clearing by Thomas RydderEveryone Burns by John DolanStarshine by G.S. JennsenHeavy Duty People by Iain ParkeThe Liquidator by Iain Parke
Great Indie Novels
202nd out of 1,275 books — 1,532 voters
Towers by Matthew  BryantThe Almond Tree by Michelle Cohen CorasantiThe Stand by Stephen KingThe City of Earthly Desire by Francis BergerBrisingr by Christopher Paolini
Books with bronze covers
1st out of 51 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Sadie Forsythe
3.5
I'm really torn between a three and a four star here. Certainly the writing is good enough to qualify for a four star rating, with few editing mishaps to detract from what is just a wonderful use of language to tell a story. However, that story is somewhat on the vague side.

It's action packed. What feels like a good 80% of the book is dedicated running, fighting, blowing things us, etc. In all honesty, it got old. I needed something to break it up, even as well written as it was. But all tha
Krazykiwi
As I posted in an earlier progress update, this is a drug-fuelled future dystopian Mission Impossible. Or maybe Jason Bourne. It's seriously full of action, and mostly not the "skim over until the plot starts again" kind, it's very readable. It has a very cyberpunk feel, but without the cyber, so I'm not sure what to call that. Futurepunk? Drugpunk? Whatever it is, I like it.

Heath Fallows is a thief and an addict, hooked on a drug called Senseless that gives the user immunity to pain and fear. T
Jessica McQuay
4.5 Stars!

Where to begin? I enjoyed this book so very much and am incredibly thankful to Mr. Bryant for giving me a free copy in return for my honest review.

The world Bryant creates is gritty and hardcore. When I started reading I was a little hesitant about just how much I would enjoy the story. Its very different from what I normally read. But within a few pages I couldn't put it down despite cringing a lot at the desperate and unfeeling world that the MC, Heath, lives in. The interesting thi
Chris Crawford
Towers is an appealing, post-apocalyptic/dystopian story with a unique setting and appealing anti-hero. Heath is a drug-fueled acrobatic thief for hire in a world reeling from a long-forgotten cataclysm, where the wealthy live segregated from the lower classes in their ivory towers. I absolutely loved the world's gritty and often disturbing settings, and battles against foes technological and supernatural. The book pulls you in and keeps you on the edge until the end.
Susan Sheehey
I had the rare privilege of being a Beta Reader on this novel. Bryant is an exceptional writer and illustrates this dystopian society with such vivid detail. The main character, Heath, has such a unique personality and throws himself into incredibly chaotic circumstances with an inexplicable ability of self-preservation and thrill seeking psychosis, you can't take your eyes off the page. You crave to find out what he'll do or say next and how he'll live through the next chapter.
Creativity is Bry
Kimberly
Heath Fallows is the perfect anti-hero, drug-addict, survivalist, with a wicked sense of humor, a penchant for criminal mischief and a relatable nature. We cheer him on because in the world of Towers Matthew Bryant created, Heath could be one of us. Bryant crafts a dirty, gritty world using the most beautiful prose. Towers is an awesome dystopian novel that will satisfy genre fans and hook those new to it. Highly recommended.
glitrbug
glitrbug marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Deanna Starnes
Deanna Starnes marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Adele
Adele marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Marla
Marla marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Cj Garcia
Cj Garcia marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Roy Stillwell
Roy Stillwell marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Gaston
Gaston marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Lori Carlson
Lori Carlson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
George Jones
George Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Christel Taylor
Christel Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Hector Sosa
Hector Sosa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Cadence Denton
Cadence Denton marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
D.L. Denham
D.L. Denham marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Misti
Misti marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Horia Rauta
Horia Rauta marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Reviews for the L...: Request Reviews for Towers 3 27 Dec 02, 2012 06:50PM
Urban Fantasy: Towers - Dark Urban Fantasy Thriller 1 7 Nov 13, 2012 09:20AM
  • The Exile's Violin (Tethys Chronicles, #1)
  • Lords of Night
  • Courtney Saves Christmas
  • The Strange Case of Susanna
  • The Doomsday Survival Handbook: A Bucket List for Every Conceivable Apocalypse
  • As You Were (Project Five Fifteen, #2)
  • 300 Miles to Galveston (Book One of the Displacement)
  • Allison
  • The Ruins Of Mars
  • Private Air
  • Draykon (Draykon, #1)
  • The Colonists (Movement Trilogy, #2)
  • The Sound of Crickets
  • Off the Edge of the Map: Marco Polo, Captain Cook, and 9 Other Travelers and Explorers That Pushed the Boundaries of the Known World
  • The Speaker for the Trees
  • Necropolis (The Shadow Wars, #1)
  • From Within
  • Four Fantastic Bedtime Stories for Children 3-6
Husband to a wonderful woman who challenges me and pushes me in all the best ways... and makes me do laundry. Father to three incredible girls (I am the masculine minority) who make a hero out of me.

I write because it's my passion. The rest of my heart belongs to my family.
More about Matthew Bryant...

The World Between (2 books)
Impulse (The World Between #2)