A Highland Home (Contemporary Highland Romance, #2)

A Highland Home (Contemporary Highland Romance #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Rowan Campbell is desperate for answers. She’s lived her life without knowing a thing about her father, her mother refusing to speak of him, even on her deathbed. With her cheating fiancé gone and no one else in her life, Rowan moves to her mother’s hometown in Scotland, determined to find the father she’s never known.

When Angus Macleod agrees to help a family friend move...more
Published November 7th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloChasing Justice by Danielle  StewartFor Love or Legacy by Ruth Cardello
Summer List
37th out of 406 books — 314 voters
Chasing Justice by Danielle  StewartCutting Ties by Danielle  StewartGentling the Cowboy by Ruth CardelloMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth Cardello
OMC's Top Books of October 2013
68th out of 293 books — 278 voters

More lists with this book...

Jean Oram
A contemporary romance that I had to honour to beta read for Cali.

A sweet story about an American girl who moves to Scotland in hopes of finding her father. Her mother had left the country while pregnant and always kept Rowan's father's name a secret.

Now, her mother has passed away, she and her fiancé have called it quits, and there is nothing standing in Rowan's way.

But there is. This is one secret that doesn't want to be found.

Enter hunky Angus (a vet, no less) who is ready to settle down and...more
Mary Rintoul
Yeap.
i did it.
Had to read book two.
Enjoyed it and thought the female character was a little whiny.
Still enjoyed the story.
So glad author thinks Scotsmen look great in kilts, not just me.
Good read.
Mary Kennedy-Smith
I pretty much knew what was going to happen in this book not quite mid way through. But it was still a good read. Interesting thing about this book is that it made me hungry! Every time they made a meal and talked about what they were making it sounded delicious!
Marion Galvin
Fun,hot,mysterious

a great love story with language that transports you there. lovable characters. I love continuations...when you want the first book to go on...here it is. well written.
Bex 'n' Books
Reviewer: Justine
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Fairies

Cali did it again in this, book 2, of her Highland Series. This time giving us the softer side of a highlander, with super sweet Angus stealing our hearts by chapter 2. Introducing us to Rowan, who is in search of her missing pieces.

Cali delighted us with the same recipe of mystery, drama and deceit of book 1, and of course my HEA! Miss Mackay handed us yet another wonderful read. With book 3 out this month I am excited for more!

Another 4.5 fairies!
Christina Paul
This was a wonderful story, but not as well edited as the first story which I praised so highly the last time. The characters were endearing, the story line was well thought out and plausible, but the story definitely could have used some better editing. I do not blame the author for this, it is her job to come up with wonderful imaginative stories, which she excels at and I look forward to reading the third book she has out. Keep writing Cali MacKay, you are a gifted storyteller!
Lucy
this is book 2 in the A contemporary highland romance series, i really enjoyed this book i thought book i a highlanders hope was really good but enjoyed this a little more if that is even possible, i so can't wait for book 3 to be released, Cali MacKay is know on my favouite Authors list, i will difinitey be downloading more of her books
April
Rowan moves to Scotland to look for her father. Her mother never told her who he was and left Scotland pregnant and moved to the U.S. Rowan moves to Scotland to live in the cottage her grandfather owned. She receives threats. Someone doesn't want her finding her father.
Angus helps her along the way and they fall in love.
Christy Olesen
I liked this one even better than the first one. The Highlands, the wild sea, a Scottish village and a handsome hero who is the local vet. Throw in an American artist heroine with a quest and I'm there. Now I have to get the third in the series.

Denise
I really enjoy the first book
and the second was even better
I really enjoy the characters specially
Angus he was good in the first book,
but even better in the second with Rowan..
thumbs up to Cali for making such a great book .
winks* I am having some tea ..
Kerry
I enjoyed this book just as much as the first in the series--maybe even more! I loved both Rowan and Angus from the very beginning, and I was drawn into the mystery surrounding Rowan's father. Off to buy the next book in the series!
Nicole
Dec 28, 2012 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: nook
Excellent follow up to The Highlander's Hope and this story could stand on it's own without reading the first book. Looking forward to the release of the next story.
Diana (DomesticGoddess)
2.5 stars. Ah, men in kilts. Does it get any better than that? And who can resist a veterinarian? The rest is all just repetitive blah, blah, blah.
E.M. LaBonte
I loved Angus. He was a well rounded character with only the best interests at heart. It was a great story with a good twist at the end.
Emily Wallace
A great fun book and series. I liked the first book better, but this one was just as fun. Another great vacation book.
Amanda
I just love Cali MacKay! Her books are amazing! I cant wait to read the 3rd book and hoping for more more from her!
Jemi Fraser
Cali does it again! I love her characters - especially those Highlanders :) A really great read!
Lynn O'neill
Made it about halfway through this one. It takes a lot to make me put a book down. Bored to tears.
Erin
I really enjoyed this book! I can't wait to read Conall's story! April can't get here soon enough!
Jenifer Laughlin
Fun, quick read. Next book will be out April 1st and I am really looking forward to it.
Mary Allen
GREAT BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna
Great book.
M?
M? marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Cali MacKay lives in New England with her husband, two girls and their crazy mutt. When not tapping away on her laptop and getting her characters into trouble, she can be found designing book covers for other authors, wrangling her girls, and splicing DNA.

She's also a decent potter, adventurous cook, and horrible gardener.
More about Cali MacKay...
The Highlander's Hope (Contemporary Highland Romance, #1) A Highland Heist (Contemporary Highland Romance #3) One Sweet Summer (A Mermaid Isle Romance, #1) The Pirate and the Feisty Maid: Part One - At His Hand (​The Feisty Maid Series, #1) The Highland Heart Collection -- A Contemporary Romance Box Set (Contemporary Highland Romance Series)