Start by marking “A Highland Home (Highland Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Highland Home (Highland Heart, #2)

A Highland Home (Highland Heart #2)

Rowan Campbell is desperate for answers. She’s lived her life without knowing a thing about her father, her mother refusing to speak of him, even on her deathbed. With her cheating fiancé gone and no one else in her life, Rowan moves to her mother’s hometown in Scotland, determined to find the father she’s never known.

When Angus Macleod agrees to help a family friend move
Published November 7th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about A Highland Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Highland Home

Jean Oram
A contemporary romance that I had to honour to beta read for Cali.

A sweet story about an American girl who moves to Scotland in hopes of finding her father. Her mother had left the country while pregnant and always kept Rowan's father's name a secret.

Now, her mother has passed away, she and her fiancé have called it quits, and there is nothing standing in Rowan's way.

But there is. This is one secret that doesn't want to be found.

Enter hunky Angus (a vet, no less) who is ready to settle down and
Mary Rintoul
May 10, 2013 Mary Rintoul rated it really liked it
Yeap.
i did it.
Had to read book two.
Enjoyed it and thought the female character was a little whiny.
Still enjoyed the story.
So glad author thinks Scotsmen look great in kilts, not just me.
Good read.
Bex 'n' Books
Sep 01, 2013 Bex 'n' Books rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Justine
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Fairies

Cali did it again in this, book 2, of her Highland Series. This time giving us the softer side of a highlander, with super sweet Angus stealing our hearts by chapter 2. Introducing us to Rowan, who is in search of her missing pieces.

Cali delighted us with the same recipe of mystery, drama and deceit of book 1, and of course my HEA! Miss Mackay handed us yet another wonderful read. With book 3 out this month I am excited for more!

Another 4.5 fairies!
Christina Paul
Sep 23, 2013 Christina Paul rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-authors
This was a wonderful story, but not as well edited as the first story which I praised so highly the last time. The characters were endearing, the story line was well thought out and plausible, but the story definitely could have used some better editing. I do not blame the author for this, it is her job to come up with wonderful imaginative stories, which she excels at and I look forward to reading the third book she has out. Keep writing Cali MacKay, you are a gifted storyteller!
Lucy
Mar 06, 2013 Lucy rated it it was amazing
this is book 2 in the A contemporary highland romance series, i really enjoyed this book i thought book i a highlanders hope was really good but enjoyed this a little more if that is even possible, i so can't wait for book 3 to be released, Cali MacKay is know on my favouite Authors list, i will difinitey be downloading more of her books
April
May 07, 2013 April rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, e-book
Rowan moves to Scotland to look for her father. Her mother never told her who he was and left Scotland pregnant and moved to the U.S. Rowan moves to Scotland to live in the cottage her grandfather owned. She receives threats. Someone doesn't want her finding her father.
Angus helps her along the way and they fall in love.
Christy Olesen
Apr 15, 2013 Christy Olesen rated it it was amazing
I liked this one even better than the first one. The Highlands, the wild sea, a Scottish village and a handsome hero who is the local vet. Throw in an American artist heroine with a quest and I'm there. Now I have to get the third in the series.

Marion Galvin
Mar 30, 2014 Marion Galvin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun,hot,mysterious

a great love story with language that transports you there. lovable characters. I love continuations...when you want the first book to go on...here it is. well written.
Tami
Aug 11, 2016 Tami rated it it was amazing
I am loving The Highland Collection and A highland home was so mysterious and exciting. Angus is wonderful AND Rowan has several issues to solve. Can she find the answers she seeks and find a home in the Highlands for herself and for her heart? This is a sweet and exciting romance!!
Kerry
Sep 06, 2013 Kerry rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book just as much as the first in the series--maybe even more! I loved both Rowan and Angus from the very beginning, and I was drawn into the mystery surrounding Rowan's father. Off to buy the next book in the series!
Mary Kennedy-Smith
Mar 24, 2014 Mary Kennedy-Smith rated it liked it
I pretty much knew what was going to happen in this book not quite mid way through. But it was still a good read. Interesting thing about this book is that it made me hungry! Every time they made a meal and talked about what they were making it sounded delicious!
Denise
Feb 11, 2013 Denise rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy the first book
and the second was even better
I really enjoy the characters specially
Angus he was good in the first book,
but even better in the second with Rowan..
thumbs up to Cali for making such a great book .
winks* I am having some tea ..
E.M. LaBonte
Dec 15, 2012 E.M. LaBonte rated it really liked it
I loved Angus. He was a well rounded character with only the best interests at heart. It was a great story with a good twist at the end.
Amanda
Apr 30, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I just love Cali MacKay! Her books are amazing! I cant wait to read the 3rd book and hoping for more more from her!
Kdk929
Aug 25, 2015 Kdk929 rated it really liked it
Would have preferred to see more of Cat and Iain in this book since he is supposed to be best friends with Agnes. Great story nonetheless.
Diana (DomesticGoddess)
2.5 stars. Ah, men in kilts. Does it get any better than that? And who can resist a veterinarian? The rest is all just repetitive blah, blah, blah.
Nicole
Dec 28, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Excellent follow up to The Highlander's Hope and this story could stand on it's own without reading the first book. Looking forward to the release of the next story.
Deb
Sep 02, 2014 Deb rated it it was amazing
another great story! love the way it kept you guessing and hanging on every clue. loved Angus!! another fun time of reading Cali's books!!
Emily Wallace
Jan 07, 2013 Emily Wallace rated it liked it
A great fun book and series. I liked the first book better, but this one was just as fun. Another great vacation book.
Nancy Siders
Nancy Siders rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
shannon Whelan
shannon Whelan rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Khaley80
Khaley80 rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
odessa
odessa rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Ludy Bryan
Ludy Bryan rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2013
Michelle Nutley
Michelle Nutley rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Melissa M Blount
Melissa M Blount rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Dina
Dina rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
  • The Wrong Side of Midnight (A Billionaire in Disguise, #3)
  • The Billionaire Playboy  (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #2)
  • A Maine Christmas...or Two - A Duet: The Billionaire's Angel & A Mermaid Isle Christmas (The Sinclairs, #0.5; A Mermaid Isle Romance, #2.5)
  • Thirsty for Payback (Sinful Business, #1)
  • Center Stage (Keller Family, #4)
  • The Rebel (Highlander Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Eternal Service (The Colony, #1)
  • Run Rosie Run (Ludlow Hall #3)
  • Beyond Doubt (Beyond Love, #2)
  • Deceiving an Heiress  (Cinderella Heiresses, #3)
  • The Bench (Rocky Meadow Mysteries, #1)
  • LOVE.com
  • Shannon Mckenna's McCloud Brothers Bundle: Fade to Midnight, Behind Closed Doors, Standing in the Shadows, Out of Control, Edge of Midnight, Extreme Danger & Ultimate Weapon
  • Acquiring Trouble (Bluegrass Brothers, #3)
  • California Glory (The Holts, #4)
  • Devil on a Sparrow's Wing (Viridis, #2)
  • Cajun Vacation
  • Becoming A Lady
Cali MacKay is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in New England with her husband, two girls and their crazy mutt. When not tapping away on her laptop and getting her characters into trouble, she can be found designing book covers for other authors, wrangling her girls, and splicing DNA.

She's also a decent potter, adventurous cook, and a horrible gardener.
More about Cali MacKay...

Highland Heart (3 books)
  • The Highlander's Hope (Highland Heart, #1)
  • A Highland Heist (Highland Heart, #3)